Timing of the abomination of desolation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
It doesn't have to... give you a direct trib word quote. You are supposed... to be aware of WHEN the future pseudo-Christos will show up per Matthew 24:23-26, for THAT is the future role of that "dragon" that makes war upon the saints!

The dragon can't kill any saints after the resurection.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And you said Dan 12 took place in 70 AD which means you saying no one recieved spiritual life until 70 AD which you say was the time of the end. You telling me the gospels and acts is a lie?
There's no point responding to misrepresentations, so our readers can reach their own conclusions.

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
There's no point responding to misrepresentations, so our readers can reach their own conclusions.

Everyone reaches thier own conclusions. Some who believe God will reach thier conclusion when he says those who sleep in the dust shall wake. And others who don't believe him will believe that means the something else.

PS, your not going to have many readers on here. Just people arguing. That's why I only visit every now and then. To see how bad this place has gotten.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Everyone reaches thier own conclusions. Some who believe God will reach thier conclusion when he says those who sleep in the dust shall wake. And others who don't believe him will believe that means the something else.

PS, your not going to have many readers on here. Just people arguing. That's why I only visit every now and then. To see how bad this place has gotten.
And others will continue to languish in the spiritually-undiscerning foolishness of the natural man. (1 Corinthians 2:14)

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 42 months of Revelation 13 when the "dragon" is given power over ALL nations, is... the "great tribulation" time. You are fighting against the written Word of God:

Rev 13:4-8
4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
KJV
This is after the 7th Trumpet. So you say the Second Coming is not even at the 7th Trumpet?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's no proof that the Jewish believers on Christ in 70 A.D. fled the city for 3.5 years. You are abusing Scripture.
According to Josephus, some people fled in 66 AD. You can call them whatever you want to. Lucky? They saw the armies approaching and fled Jerusalem. Perhaps a hunch or gut feeling?

You can flee all you want to for 42 months while Satan sets up the AoD. You should probably figure out how to prepare to have your head chopped off though.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The dragon can't kill any saints after the resurection.

According to Lord Jesus in His Olivet discourse, the "great tribulation" happens PRIOR... to His 2nd coming and the resurrection. This is basic Bible 101, so I'm surprised you have opted for some believe outside The Word of God.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is after the 7th Trumpet. So you say the Second Coming is not even at the 7th Trumpet?

No, the 42 months of Revelation 13 is the SAME 42 months of Revelation 11 on the 6th trumpet - 2nd woe period. It is the same time the Gentiles will be given to tread the holy city for the tribulation, and is also the same time when God's two witnesses will prophesy against the beast, in JERUSALEM at the very end of this present world.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to Josephus, some people fled in 66 AD. You can call them whatever you want to. Lucky? They saw the armies approaching and fled Jerusalem. Perhaps a hunch or gut feeling?

You can flee all you want to for 42 months while Satan sets up the AoD. You should probably figure out how to prepare to have your head chopped off though.

The Daniel prophecy for the 3.5 years (or 1260 days, or a time, times, and half a time), is for the very end of this world, NOT 70 A.D. This is proven by what Lord Jesus covered in His Olivet discourse linked to the events in His Book of Revelation.

Those known by the seminary term as Preterists are the main ones who 'try'... to move Christ's Olivet discourse prophecy back to 70 A.D., which is a false doctrine of men.

Reactions: Keraz

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I would like to say a word on the 'abomination of desolation'
Pigs sacrificed on altars if anything is a shadow of or a type of its real meaning.

Its real meaning is that of a substitute Gospel, ie, a gospel which diminishes the Jesus event under the guise of of all sorts of substitutions like, saints, Mary, purgatory, merits. These and more make desolate because God's gift is relocated to a place of being insufficient.
It steals hope from the heart that God will do for you what you can't do for yourself. It misrepresents God under the cloak of spurious piety.
It is the abomination that makes desolate and it is upon us in the present time.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Daniel prophecy for the 3.5 years (or 1260 days, or a time, times, and half a time), is for the very end of this world, NOT 70 A.D. This is proven by what Lord Jesus covered in His Olivet discourse linked to the events in His Book of Revelation.

Those known by the seminary term as Preterists are the main ones who 'try'... to move Christ's Olivet discourse prophecy back to 70 A.D., which is a false doctrine of men.
Tell the Judean Christians who fled in response to Matthew 24:16 that they were a false doctrine of men.

Reactions: Marty fox

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell the Judean Christians who fled in response to Matthew 24:16 that they were a false doctrine of men.

I never denied... there were Christians that fled Judea in 70 A.D. I denied @TimothyD21 's claim that Jews were fleeing for 3.5 years, with his trying to use the "great tribulation" as being that time back in 70 A.D., which is a false idea.

So you need to get your facts straight.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I never denied... there were Christians that fled Judea in 70 A.D. I denied @TimothyD21 's claim that Jews were fleeing for 3.5 years, with his trying to use the "great tribulation" as being that time back in 70 A.D., which is a false idea.

So you then believe that Matthew 24:16 was intended for the Judean Christians.

You're right. It was.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You need to get your accusations straight. I never said they fled for 3.5 years as if a tribulation.

I said they fled in 66AD and it had Nothing to do with a tribulation nor 70AD. It had nothing to do with the OD as written in Matthew one iota. Matthew is all future. Israel becoming a nation, the Second Coming, the GT, and perhaps an AoD.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Matthew is all future.

Dispensational futurism is all future.
Jesus isn't a dispensational futurist. That's why He warned the Judean Christians to flee.
The Holy Spirit isn't a dispensational futurist. That's why He inspired Matthew to record Jesus' warning to the Judean Christians to flee.
Matthew wasn't a dispensational futurist. That's why he obeyed the Holy Spirit's inspiration to record Jesus' warning to the Judean Christians to flee.
The Judean Christians weren't dispensational futurists. That's why they fled.
And survived.
And left dispensational futurism "hanging out to dry".

Reactions: Marty fox