Topic: The Sin Against (Holy Spirit) 9 Verses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 63:10
New King James Version

10 But they rebelled and grieved His Holy Spirit;
So He turned Himself against them as an enemy,
And He fought against them.

Matthew 12:31
New King James Version

The Unpardonable Sin
31 “Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men.

Mark 3:29
New King James Version

29 but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation”—

Acts 5:3
New King James Version

3 But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself?

Acts 7:51
New King James Version

Israel Resists the Holy Spirit
51 “You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you.

Ephesians 4:30
New King James Version

30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

1 Thessalonians 5:19
New King James Version

19 Do not quench the Spirit.

Hebrews 10:29
New King James Version

29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?

1 John 5:16
New King James Version

16 If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that.

Reactions: Siddhi Koli

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That list is harder to read Matthew, but thought proving as well………..for some reason the verse about ‘ lying to the Holy Spirit ‘ made me think. Often as not we are not always honest with people , yet we forget that The HolySpirit knows the truth ………and knows we are holding back. Rita

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Rita,

Yes it’s useful. Now you know where those verses are in the Bible as well.

It hurts when you grieve the spirit, our Father will let you know when you in the wrong by it’s signals.

It’s happened to several times in life you can even try to talk to yourself as though it is okay while grieving the spirit by follow the desires of the flesh rather than allowing and following and growing in spirit. Staying spiritually stagnant.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rita

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 63:10
New King James Version

10 But they rebelled and grieved His Holy Spirit;
So He turned Himself against them as an enemy,
And He fought against them.

Matthew 12:31
New King James Version

The Unpardonable Sin
31 “Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men.

Mark 3:29
New King James Version

29 but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation”—

Acts 5:3
New King James Version

3 But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself?

Acts 7:51
New King James Version

Israel Resists the Holy Spirit
51 “You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you.

Ephesians 4:30
New King James Version

30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

1 Thessalonians 5:19
New King James Version

19 Do not quench the Spirit.

Hebrews 10:29
New King James Version

29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?

1 John 5:16
New King James Version

16 If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that.

I have some good news Matt, that judgment is extremely hard to get. Adam and Judas received it, Jesus told some he was talking to that it was a likelihood in their case. See if you agree with this definition sir: In order to receive that judgment, you would have to know God well, and work against His purposes. That is the simplest definition I can give. Extremely few people who have ever lived know who God is, yet alone know Him well.