• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bibleinvestigations

Jun 22, 2023
Melbourne Beach, FL
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the information in the Gospels true? Were just the names changed?
The Gospels are from eyewitnesses who documented their time with Jesus. There is scripture that states the Holy Spirit will help them along and I'm certain they had visions that helped them remember so that they would thoroughly capture all the details. The Gospels are 100% verifiable accounts of Jesus and that makes the scripture true and Jesus the Son of God who came to the world to free us from sin.

The Gospels were misnamed to commit a fraud on the church, so yes I found some modifications that were made to build a story about Peter being in charge of the church. The edit with the most impact is the one found in Matthew 16:18, and with that you have a major reason for changing the names of the authors. With Nicodemus as the author, he wasn't there to hear that and he didn't copy it from James because that comment is only mentioned in Matthew. I hope you find that very strange that the verse the Catholic Church is built on was only mentioned in one Gospel - the verses with the widest impact on the church!!!

You should also find it strange that there are only two sections of missing scripture and one of these is just after the Pharisees challenged Nicodemus to investigate Jesus to see if he is the Messiah. I wonder what came after that? That brings up the biggest point - a few verses were changed to support Peter, but what everyone should be asking is, "What about everything that's missing?"

Bibleinvestigations

Jun 22, 2023
Melbourne Beach, FL
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because I am not required to answer your questions the way you want me to answer them.

I know you have a few passage memorized, but what about the rest of the Bible
I don't want you to answer my questions! What I'm hoping for is that dig into scripture to find the truth and quit listening to false teachers in false churches who are corrupting the word. The first thing I would do if I were you is get rid of your reference to 7:1-2 because although it is valuable scripture as all is, you seem to be obsessed with the judgement of others for not accepting your point of view. Start digging into scripture to find the truth because there are lot of good people on this site that will help you and stop looking for ways to justify sinful behavior. Jesus knows everything we do and even what we think. He knows the future and he knows the past. Quit worrying about other people and study scripture until you are exhausted, then study some more before it's too late. Start with Revelation 21:8 where Jesus condemned sexual immorality and thought it was so important, he re-emphasized it in Revelation 22:15.

Blessings and I really do wish you well,
jaz

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Gospels were misnamed to commit a fraud on the church, so yes I found some modifications that were made to build a story about Peter being in charge of the church
Since the Bible over and over says Jesus is the Rock, I don't have a problem with that verse. You said others were modified. What are they?

when were they modified? Why can't Matthew write Matthew? I just don't see how different names mean anything sinister.

Reactions: Brakelite

Bibleinvestigations

Jun 22, 2023
Melbourne Beach, FL
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since the Bible over and over says Jesus is the Rock, I don't have a problem with that verse. You said others were modified. What are they?

when were they modified? Why can't Matthew write Matthew? I just don't see how different names mean anything sinister.
If you don't think a takeover of the church by the Catholic founders that the Lord extensively prophesized in Daniel and Revelation is sinister, then the Gospel author names aren't a big deal. During the analysis, I found other indications of the fraud I just can't remember off hand what they were. The Gospels are 100% real and unedited except for a few choice edits made to build up the story of Peter - the major one being Matthew 16:18. What is more important is what has been taken out - that section of John for example - and pretty much everything else related to the early church that would have eliminated Peter's rule over the church.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
If you don't think a takeover of the church by the Catholic founders that the Lord extensively prophesized in Daniel and Revelation is sinister, then the Gospel author names aren't a big deal. During the analysis, I found other indications of the fraud I just can't remember off hand what they were. The Gospels are 100% real and unedited except for a few choice edits made to build up the story of Peter - the major one being Matthew 16:18. What is more important is what has been taken out - that section of John for example - and pretty much everything else related to the early church that would have eliminated Peter's rule over the church.
Are you Catholic-going on Textual Variants?
J.

Bibleinvestigations

Jun 22, 2023
Melbourne Beach, FL
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not sure what you are asking, but I’m I grew up Catholic and always thought there was something wrong with that religious organization. That being said, if my investigations would have proved I needed to be Catholic to be saved, I’d be a Catholic.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I’m not sure what you are asking, but I’m I grew up Catholic and always thought there was something wrong with that religious organization. That being said, if my investigations would have proved I needed to be Catholic to be saved, I’d be a Catholic.
Do you study Textual Variants-what should be "in" the Scriptures-what should be NOT?

Bibleinvestigations

Jun 22, 2023
Melbourne Beach, FL
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you study Textual Variants-what should be "in" the Scriptures-what should be NOT?
Nope. Never heard of this. In my humble opinion, everything that is in scripture belongs in it. My investigative work did not find anything invalid in scripture and if we find something contradictory, then it's up to us to forensically review the details to assemble together what happened. This is how the Lord had me identify the real gospel authors and the Catholic fraud. After all, that is why the Lord gave us four gospels - to find the truth in the details.

A good example of digging for the truth is found in Peter's and John's account of going to the grave. John writes that he went with Peter and outran him. Peter wrote in Luke 24:12 that he ran but he doesn't say that John went with him. Why would John write that he outran Peter and Peter leave off John? There was obvious competition between the two and Peter was jealous of John. There are numerous reasons for this; the last supper, the last fish fry, etc. These guys were disciples, but when the details are mulled over we find that they were human - just like us. They were just blessed as noted in Daniel 12:12.

Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Nope. Never heard of this. In my humble opinion, everything that is in scripture belongs in it. My investigative work did not find anything invalid in scripture and if we find something contradictory, then it's up to us to forensically review the details to assemble together what happened. This is how the Lord had me identify the real gospel authors and the Catholic fraud. After all, that is why the Lord gave us four gospels - to find the truth in the details.

A good example of digging for the truth is found in Peter's and John's account of going to the grave. John writes that he went with Peter and outran him. Peter wrote in Luke 24:12 that he ran but he doesn't say that John went with him. Why would John write that he outran Peter and Peter leave off John? There was obvious competition between the two and Peter was jealous of John. There are numerous reasons for this; the last supper, the last fish fry, etc. These guys were disciples, but when the details are mulled over we find that they were human - just like us. They were just blessed as noted in Daniel 12:12.
I am not "gunning" you brother-relax, take a deep breath-and-

"Dokimazo the spirits-"
J.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't want you to answer my questions! What I'm hoping for is that dig into scripture to find the truth and quit listening to false teachers in false churches who are corrupting the word. The first thing I would do if I were you is get rid of your reference to 7:1-2 because although it is valuable scripture as all is, you seem to be obsessed with the judgement of others for not accepting your point of view. Start digging into scripture to find the truth because there are lot of good people on this site that will help you and stop looking for ways to justify sinful behavior. Jesus knows everything we do and even what we think. He knows the future and he knows the past. Quit worrying about other people and study scripture until you are exhausted, then study some more before it's too late. Start with Revelation 21:8 where Jesus condemned sexual immorality and thought it was so important, he re-emphasized it in Revelation 22:15.

Blessings and I really do wish you well,
jaz
And what I'm hoping for is that YOU dig into scripture to find the truth and quit listening to false teachers in false churches who are corrupting the word. Start digging into scripture to find the truth. Quit worrying about other people such as me and study scripture. You might learn something of value and find your interpretations to be in error. And let go of your obsession with sexual immorality!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So who are the real gospel authors? Please state who they are and give evidence of your conclusion.

It is clear that you don't understand that the Gospels (and the entire Bible) are not Western journalism.. They are written to teach us spiritual truths. Your example of the differing accounts of going to Jesus' tomb clearly shows that you lack this essential understanding.

John 20:30-31, "Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of his disciples that are not written in this book. But these are written so that you may continue to believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that through believing you may have life in his name."

Bibleinvestigations

Jun 22, 2023
Melbourne Beach, FL
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what I'm hoping for is that YOU dig into scripture to find the truth and quit listening to false teachers in false churches who are corrupting the word. Start digging into scripture to find the truth. Quit worrying about other people such as me and study scripture. You might learn something of value and find your interpretations to be in error. And let go of your obsession with sexual immorality!
Thanks for your input. I'll listen to some more praise music as I pray for more guidance and direction from the Holy Spirit.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think most of the folk here believe that when Jesus told Peter "Upon this rock.." he was referring to the fact that He is the Christ, Son of the living God. And I fully believe that Daniel and the Rev speak of the Papal system. But even if it didn't the different names of the Gospel Books wouldnt matter.
Can you please tell me why would those guys write under an assumed name, and how you know who is who--it still doesn't make sense.

Reactions: Brakelite

Bibleinvestigations

Jun 22, 2023
Melbourne Beach, FL
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think most of the folk here believe that when Jesus told Peter "Upon this rock.." he was referring to the fact that He is the Christ, Son of the living God. And I fully believe that Daniel and the Rev speak of the Papal system. But even if it didn't the different names of the Gospel Books wouldnt matter.
Can you please tell me why would those guys write under an assumed name, and how you know who is who--it still doesn't make sense.
That one verse is the foundation of the Catholic Church and without it, the Catholic Church doesn't exist. I did a lot of work with their Catechism book to prove this. Yes it's highly debated - Protestants say it's about Jesus, Catholics say it's about Peter. With Nicodemus as the author, that comment disappears - it was never heard. The Gospel authors were well known during the time of the early church, but with the Roman Catholic Church (RCC) controlling all the documentation, they were able to replace the names of the authors with stories of tradition that help them build a case for Peter as the head of the church. A very thorough, complex, and effective fraud. I'll keep trying to answer questions, but the full analysis and evidence is in The Gospel Naming Fraud.