Traditions of Men - According to the Bible.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gary Urban

Apr 20, 2021
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looking at the two witnesses of God law, as it is writen and the prohets as a testemony to the law .The witness of God is greater than the witness of man. His tradition that works in mankind to both will and empower them to do His good pleasure

The law as it is written signified by Moses the letter of the law (death) and the prophets the testimony of the law the unseen law of faith (life) .

Or again Moses and Elias the two witness that will be silenced or killed for a short while when God sends a famine for the hearing of the gospel at the end of the age.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looking at the two witnesses of God law, as it is writen and the prohets as a testemony to the law .The witness of God is greater than the witness of man. His tradition that works in mankind to both will and empower them to do His good pleasure

The law as it is written signified by Moses the letter of the law (death) and the prophets the testimony of the law the unseen law of faith (life) .

Or again Moses and Elias the two witness that will be silenced or killed for a short while when God sends a famine for the hearing of the gospel at the end of the age.
Hello Gary, Jesus said he’d come to fulfill the law and the prophets. Do you believe He accomplished this, or do you see this as a future event?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Though looking and not really understanding what you are saying, though do agree that the “law of faith - law of Christ” brings forth life by allowing the spirit of Christ to flow through the believer.

Would like to mention my understanding about Elias and Moses, and the transfiguration on the mountain with some of the chosen disciples who went and was with Jesus when it happened.

A cloud covered them, Jesus was the whitest white beyond bleach white, Elias and Moses was on both sides.

This to me seems to be an image and picture of look- Elias has come, Moses has Come, - now look towards me <Jesus> - Jesus came to fulfill the law, and the things of the prophets.

So this whole scene signifies to me Jesus coming to fulfill both of those roles.

Gary Urban

Apr 20, 2021
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Though looking and not really understanding what you are saying, though do agree that the “law of faith - law of Christ” brings forth life by allowing the spirit of Christ to flow through the believer.

Would like to mention my understanding about Elias and Moses, and the transfiguration on the mountain with some of the chosen disciples who went and was with Jesus when it happened.

A cloud covered them, Jesus was the whitest white beyond bleach white, Elias and Moses was on both sides.

This to me seems to be an image and picture of look- Elias has come, Moses has Come, - now look towards me <Jesus> - Jesus came to fulfill the law, and the things of the prophets.

So this whole scene signifies to me Jesus coming to fulfill both of those roles.

Yes the propmised witness two working as one the mutual witness of both.

Hi thanks for the reply. . . sorry if any confusion.

I would offer

Elias and Moses (two) are used to represent the one witness of God (Father and Son) The witness that is greater than the witness of men using mankind (2 by 2) to show the work one who was there working in mankind from the beginning to both will and empower them to do His good pleasure .

The father of lies would have us belive it is all one in the same of taking what God calls one calling it two or a multude and vice versa.

1 John 5:9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

Moses is used to represent the letter of the law "death" that l kills . . showing all of mankind dead in their trespasses and without God in the present world.

Romans 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Elias is used to represent the law of faith coming in the unseen power that works within the believer . Together the two laws create one new perfect law .(sola scriptura) the just and justifier of faith

Luke 1:17 And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

Peter is used a as an example of a serial denier as one who did blaspheme the Son of man Jesus in Mathew 16.

Peter is used throughout the new testament as one who naturally opposes the supernatual faith of Christ. .Peter like Paul coming out from under the law of the fathers (I heard it through the grape vine as an oral tradition of men ).Therefore looking to the things seen and not the unknown, the faith or power factor. Peter completely misunderstood the parable( Matthew 17:4) and desired to literally build with human hands a place for all three.

The pagan foundation. . “out of sight out of mind”. No faith working from within needed to believe. God calls them fools . Peter was performing foolish things like the foolish Galatians that were called back to their first love hearing God from inside.

The meaning was hid from Peter to teach us how to walk by the faith of God’s understanding that works in us .His witness again using two walking in agreement to one (both testaments) .

As you mentioned picture- Elias has come, Moses has Come, - now look towards Jesus - Jesus came with the unseen father to fulfill the law, and the things of the prophets.(sola scriptura)

The same two witnesses in revelation that will be killed or silenced as God sends a famine for hearing the gospel for a short while at the end of the age. Whenever you see Moses and Elias it leads to the final authority as it is written (sola scriptura)

In that way when we look at the series of parables Luke 15 and 16 they ultimately I would think lead to the question "Can we serve two teaching masters ".

1# The oral traditions of men I heard it through the grape vine called mammon as the things of this world

2# The word of God as it is written in the law represented by Moses that which kills, and the spirit of the law as the unseen power

The parable no man can serve two teaching masters

Luke 16: 13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

In that parable those who do seek after the oral tradition of faithless mankind were challenged over and over our father repeated . . They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them

Luke 16:27-31 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Twice to emphasize if they do not get under the authority of sola scriptura (all things written in the law and the prophets (or Moses and Elias) .Then even when they see the Son of man Jesus arise from the dead they will have no faith towards a God not seen. Faith comes by hearing the two witneses. The just one as well as justifer .

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianity isn't a "tradition of men", its a Gift from God.

Wikipedia and many people would say...."Christianity is a religion", but it really isn't.
A religion, is not God made, its man made.
Also, religion, is the idea that by "self", by effort, by doctrine, dogma, a person can become :

1. IN touch with God
2. Become God or become LIKE God.

Do you believe you can lose your salvation?
Well, that is a "tradition" or a teaching that comes from a person who misinterpreted bible verses.
It started there, and then it became a doctrine regarding Legalism.
Many are enslaved by this false doctrine.

Christianity is God coming to us.
That is not a religion, that is a miracle.

Traditions of Men would include :

1.) Denominations, : generally, but not all. As there are some very good denominations, but its difficult to find one that isn't a hybrid of the Bible + Some Teacher's ideas.

2.) Religion is a man made tradition.

I know that some people do not like calling Christianity a religion....but you will never train me.
Then with 30,000 denominations, what you call it.
A religion, is not God made, its man made.
So then are you going to be able to find a definition for man-made religions?
We can make up our own definitions, but then we are making up our own language and that can get out of hand.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure what is being spoken about right now.

Hope you all are all well, and may you enjoy your relationship with the Father and the Son, by and through faith and lean and rely on them!

Take care.