Transgenders

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the evidence says the opposite.

Park, R et al 2022 Long-term Outcomes After Gender-Affirming Surgery: 40-Year Follow-up Study Ann Plas Surg

Tordoff DM, 2022 Mental Health Outcomes in Transgender and Nonbinary Youths Receiving Gender-Affirming Care. JAMA

For example

40 year follow-up? Humm.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The basic definition of a mental illness is a mental condition that causes measurable dysfunction. On that basis transgenderism doesn't qualify as a mental illness

So you dont think that claiming you are the opposite sex is dysfunctional? Climbing in bed with the same sex is not dysfunctional? Well it sure is friend.

It may or may not be a mental illness. But if it isnt a mental illness then it has to be possession by a spirit of depravity or a spirit of lust, or something like that.

You do believe in evil spirits dont you?

Reactions: Hazelelponi

Jericho

Aug 10, 2023
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think mental health issues are to blame for this transgender stuff, but rather than seeing it as that the medical profession would rather prescribe hormones and surgically remove bits.

It used to be until the LGBT lobby pressured them to say otherwise.

Measurable means real world effects. Transgendered people hold jobs, have functioning interpersonal relationships, engage in self care, peruse education, and so on and so on.

Transgenders have notoriously high sucide rates and mental illnesses. Beliving something you're not would fit the definition of a mental illness.

1. I think young kids see how the other gender is treated and want that for themselves. Maybe a boy sees how society sees women as being wanted and attractive, and he thinks I want to be like that. Or a girl sees how men are viewed as strong and powerful, and she thinks she wants to be like that.

In actual instances of gender dysmorphia, they will usually outgrow it by adulthood. But normalizing such behavior, if not promoting it, has encouraged more of it. It explains the sudden uptick in trans people. It's a case of monkey see, monkey do.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The basic definition of a mental illness is a mental condition that causes measurable dysfunction. On that basis transgenderism doesn't qualify as a mental illness

Mental illness is a man-made medical term.

Scripturally it is when the Carnal Mind is internally in Conflict with the Truth.

MrNoir

Jan 25, 2024
Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure. Not debating there are people who do not Believe in God. Don’t know that the media, or people are in ones face demanding Acceptance of God.

Glory to God,
Taken
kind of missed the point there

MrNoir

Jan 25, 2024
Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
40 year follow-up? Humm.
yes 40 years and it concludes :"Gender-affirming surgery is a durable treatment that improves overall patient well-being. High patient satisfaction, improved dysphoria, and reduced mental health comorbidities persist decades after GAS without any reported patient regret."

MrNoir

Jan 25, 2024
Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you dont think that claiming you are the opposite sex is dysfunctional? Climbing in bed with the same sex is not dysfunctional? Well it sure is friend.
What measurable dysfunction are you claiming it causes?
It may or may not be a mental illness. But if it isnt a mental illness then it has to be possession by a spirit of depravity or a spirit of lust, or something like that.

You do believe in evil spirits dont you?
People have tried to claim that every thing form being left handed to epilepsy was caused by "evil spirits" but the only evil was in those making such claims.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having sex or sexual relationships with people of the same gender as you are. Disfiguring and mutilating your body trying to match yourself physically to the delusion you have, causing irreparable self-harm. For some, the insistence that others join you in the lie you tell yourself.

Should I go on?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People have tried to claim that every thing form being left handed to epilepsy was caused by "evil spirits" but the only evil was in those making such claims.
Claims are true or untrue of themselves, this a "broad brush fallacy", as if all claims carried the same merit, or lack thereof.

Much love!

Reactions: Taken

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Are you joking? A man claiming he is a woman is dysfunctional in and of itself. Climbing into bed for sex with the same sex is very dysfunctional. WHat do you mean by "measureable"? Will you now make some sort of lame srgument that if it can't be measured in a lab or if you can't see results, then it isnt true?

With that Logic, how do you believe in God, who you can not see or measure either?

That's just your opinion and has nothing to do with the facts. Maybe you believe that being a homosexual is not a sin? Where the Word of God says that is wrong is way back in the OT in Leviticus 20

13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.../KJV

And to simplify the whole gbtzqrst+ thing whatever letters you choose to sound off about (like they are all different Lol!!) ...they are all gay. Trans are gay, gay is gay, drag queens are gay, bbisexuals are gay. They are all gay. And the word of the Lord clearly says..."That is an Abomination. So you dont have to believe me, read your Bible Brother!

Being Trans means that they insult the Creativeness of the Lord. In Genesis it says, and the Lord looked at all he created and behold it was very good.../ and Trans want to say, God made a mistake with me and even though I was born with testicles I am really a girl...That is immediately recognizable as...Delusional, Dysfunctional, Abomonible (SP?), Sinful, and a Lie.

Save the young people! Some of them believe that tripe! Then a few years after the operation and stuff and they realize their mistake...it's too late. They done cut it off. They are never the same again. That is very sad. Whether it is measurable or not, Lol!

And you seemed to be right about one thing. There is such a thing as Mental Illness. And there is such a thing called Possessed by an Evil Spirit!!! If you believe in God (?) then you must believe in evil spirits. So there are possessions and there are mental illnesses. Perhaps the mental illness was triggered by the confusion that an evil spirit brought with it into the man? And the Bible seems to portray epilepsy as some sort of strong evil spirit, but it also seems to have wide acceptance that, it isnt really an evil spirit and I know it because my medicine controls my seizures! But...who knows for sure if it really is an evil spirit or not?
It very well could be so I hope that those situations are approached as if it IS an evil spirit...and try casting that thing out in the name of Jesus! Right? The Name above all Names? Since Jesus gave us all authority over evil spirits and stuff before He ascended after His resurrection. (The disciples had trouble with that one and Jesus said they needed more prayer and fasting to be sucessful casting that spirit out. Which means it is a stronger spirit and we have to have a closer relationship with God to receive that anpinting to cast that one out.

Do you think that Epilepsy can be an evil spirit?
Do you think that Trans could possibly be, an evil spirit?

I listen to Derek Prince on Youtube sometimes and he has supposedly casted out a lot of evil spirits from people...and he said, that, when a homosexual spirit is cast out that it always comes out their fingertips and that makes the people's fingers tingle.
So if you try to cast one out and they say their fingers tingle, tell them to shake that thing out! I cast you out in the name of Jesus! You are not welcome go and never return! (Boom. That's spiritual warfare Brother!)

It would be the same thing with Trans. A gay spirit. (I dunno how strong they are)...

MrNoir

Jan 25, 2024
Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It used to be until the LGBT lobby pressured them to say otherwise.

Transgenders have notoriously high sucide rates and mental illnesses.
Because of how they are treated not who they are. Remember to be a mental illness the dysfunction has to come from the mental state not how other people treat you.

What has been found time and again is if the trans person has familial support and acceptance their suicide rate drops to exactly the same level as the general population.

Dhejne 2011 Long-Term Follow-Up of Transsexual Persons Undergoing Sex Reassignment Surgery: Cohort Study in Sweden
Price M 2023 Association of Gender Identity Acceptance with Fewer Suicide Attempts Among Transgender and Nonbinary Youth

Beliving something you're not would fit the definition of a mental illness.
There are a lot of horrible people who believe they are actually decent human beings. Again...there needs to be measurable dysfunction from the beleif
In actual instances of gender dysmorphia, they will usually outgrow it by adulthood. But normalizing such behavior, if not promoting it, has encouraged more of it. It explains the sudden uptick in trans people. It's a case of monkey see, monkey do.
Gender dysphoria is not transgenderism Gender dysphoria is an anxiety disorder that about 14% of transgenders develop at some point in their lives

MrNoir

Jan 25, 2024
Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having sex or sexual relationships with people of the same gender as you are.
That isn't a dysfunction. A dysfunction in psychiatric terms is an impairment in one or more areas including social, occupational, and interpersonal functioning. Are LGBT+ people able to engage socially with family and friends? Yes they do it all the time. Do LGBT+ individuals hold down jobs? Yes of course. (note that being fired from a job because the engages in prejudice or hateful behaviors is an indication of a problem with the employer not the person fired.)

Not dysfunctional
Disfiguring and mutilating your body trying to match yourself physically to the delusion you have, causing irreparable self-harm.
Plastic surgery, tattoos, circumcision
For some, the insistence that others join you in the lie you tell yourself.

Should I go on?

Much love!
You haven't started
Claims are true or untrue of themselves, this a "broad brush fallacy", as if all claims carried the same merit, or lack thereof.

Much love!
You think evil spirits cause epilepsy?

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are people who talk to God delusional?

Good question! My answer is no! I mean, you listed that you are a Christian and so you have made Jesus the Lord of your life and you believe in Him and trust Him, right? So surely you talk to Him in prayer, right? I do. Some days all day long! I left to run errands today and invited Jesus and guardian angels to accompany me...And you know what? I didn't have any wrecks, I wasnt pulled over by the police, and got all my errands done. We talked in the truck for most of the trip!

Am I delusional? No siree and I can prove it. How many testimonies would you like to hear of mine?! I believe in the Lord. He does talk to me. I do talk to Him. What you seem to be missing is that you approach this topic from an intellectual (carnal) point of view and mindset. You must approach it spiritually. In Spirit and in Truth.

Do you think that people who talk to God are delusional?

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That isn't a dysfunction. A dysfunction in psychiatric terms is an impairment in one or more areas including social, occupational, and interpersonal functioning. Are LGBT+ people able to engage socially with family and friends? Yes they do it all the time. Do LGBT+ individuals hold down jobs? Yes of course. (note that being fired from a job because the engages in prejudice or hateful behaviors is an indication of a problem with the employer not the person fired.)

Not dysfunctional

It IS Dysfunctional.

Dysfunctional:
adjective

1. not operating normally or properly.
    "the telephones are dysfunctional"
    • deviating from the norms of social behavior in a way regarded as bad.
      "an emotionally dysfunctional businessman"..../

MrNoir

Jan 25, 2024
Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good question! My answer is no! I mean, you listed that you are a Christian and so you have made Jesus the Lord of your life and you believe in Him and trust Him, right? So surely you talk to Him in prayer, right? I do. Some days all day long! I left to run errands today and invited Jesus and guardian angels to accompany me...And you know what? I didn't have any wrecks, I wasnt pulled over by the police, and got all my errands done. We talked in the truck for most of the trip!

Am I delusional? No siree and I can prove it. How many testimonies would you like to hear of mine?! I believe in the Lord. He does talk to me. I do talk to Him. What you seem to be missing is that you approach this topic from an intellectual (carnal) point of view and mindset. You must approach it spiritually. In Spirit and in Truth.

Do you think that people who talk to God are delusional?
you are saying trans people are delusional because they hold a belief or judgment about external reality that can't be empirically verified.
But neither can a belief about one talking to God be empirically verified. The blade there cuts both ways.