TRAYVON MARTIN

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
That Tray was the attacker and Zimmerman was defending himself. It's a tragedy that someone had to die, but the illegal bounty put on his head is just as big a tragedy.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In spite of the US being a virtual police state, there seems to be no trust in the justice system. It seems poeple are reading in their own prejudices into the events.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
People need to wise up to why the Communist media pushes such fake racial falsehoods, and goes to pains with displaying pictures of a little boy that was not even present at the scene of the incident!

It's whole purpose is to divide the peoples, turn them against each other as a method of mind control. Can't people realize that the minority rulers in power are very scared of the majority of peoples joining together against them? It's also in order to keep the people's minds totally off the weightier events of wickedness going on in the world.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
People need to wise up to why the Communist media pushes such fake racial falsehoods, and goes to pains with displaying pictures of a little boy that was not even present at the scene of the incident!

It's whole purpose is to divide the peoples, turn them against each other as a method of mind control. Can't people realize that the minority rulers in power are very scared of the majority of peoples joining together against them? It's also in order to keep the people's minds totally off the weightier events of wickedness going on in the world.

The media manipulation has turned this event into a circus. American society seems to be a powderkeg just waiting for a chance to explode.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
In spite of the US being a virtual police state,

-- Rhetoric like this voids whatever comes after it.

If this were indeed a "virtual police state" :

1. You would not be able to respond to this (or any other) post because you would have received a knock at the door at 3:00am and be "among the missing" by now.

2. Your comment would have already been either scrubbed from this board or have a warning placed next to it cautioning people not to post such things as this.

3. Hammerstone would have received a warning that he needs to do a better job of censuring/editing his board or it will be closed down.

The Trayvon Martin case is a tragedy.
Mr. Zimmerman followed him even after the 911 dispatcher said, "No, we don't need you to do that."

There are a number of things that have to be cleared up:
Why did Zimmerman go against what the 911 dispatcher said?
Did he chase down Trayvon and hold him at gunpoint?
If he did that did he then just shoot him because he felt threatened or because Trayvon attacked him physically?
If he was following at a distance did Trayvon turn and confront him and possibly assault him?

The family, Sharpton, Jackson, etc. have said repeatedly that all they want is due process and a trial.
Mr. Zimmerman could be absolutely guilty or completely innocent. The family says that's all they want to have decided in court.

My opinion is that if they do indeed have a trial and Zimmerman is found innocent, it won't matter what evidence was, Sharpton and his ilk are going to cry "racism" and "travesty of justice" etc. etc. etc.

My question is why our Attorney General hasn't addressed the fact that the New Black Panthers put a bounty of $10,000 on Zimmerman's head, "Wanted dead or alive."

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
-- Rhetoric like this voids whatever comes after it.

If this were indeed a "virtual police state" :

1. You would not be able to respond to this (or any other) post because you would have received a knock at the door at 3:00am and be "among the missing" by now.

2. Your comment would have already been either scrubbed from this board or have a warning placed next to it cautioning people not to post such things as this.

3. Hammerstone would have received a warning that he needs to do a better job of censuring/editing his board or it will be closed down.

The Trayvon Martin case is a tragedy.
Mr. Zimmerman followed him even after the 911 dispatcher said, "No, we don't need you to do that."

There are a number of things that have to be cleared up:
Why did Zimmerman go against what the 911 dispatcher said?
Did he chase down Trayvon and hold him at gunpoint?
If he did that did he then just shoot him because he felt threatened or because Trayvon attacked him physically?
If he was following at a distance did Trayvon turn and confront him and possibly assault him?

The family, Sharpton, Jackson, etc. have said repeatedly that all they want is due process and a trial.
Mr. Zimmerman could be absolutely guilty or completely innocent. The family says that's all they want to have decided in court.

My opinion is that if they do indeed have a trial and Zimmerman is found innocent, it won't matter what evidence was, Sharpton and his ilk are going to cry "racism" and "travesty of justice" etc. etc. etc.

My question is why our Attorney General hasn't addressed the fact that the New Black Panthers put a bounty of $10,000 on Zimmerman's head, "Wanted dead or alive."

The police state is advancing by degrees and all of things you mentioned are waiting for us in the future,it may be a premature but not inaccurate statement.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
The police state is advancing by degrees and all of things you mentioned are waiting for us in the future,it may be a premature but not inaccurate statement.

-- LOL The very fact that it is "premature" actually proves that is inaccurate.

That's like saying someone has already given birth to a baby because they are six months along and will be heading to the hospital in about three months.

I have said in multiple posts on this board that eventually we as Christians are gong to be prosecuted, persecuted, imprisoned and put to death.
Our country is slowly but surely becoming like other totalitarian states of the past. Our disadvantage is that technology is a tool aiding them greatly.

But we are NOT - as quoted by Episkopos - "a virtual police state,"

We are slowly, consistently working in that direction, but we are absolutely, positively, without a doubt NOT THERE YET.

The very existance of this web site is proof.

The fact that there are thousands of political web sites lambasting the current administration with zero repercussions is further proof.

The fact that new agencies are able to cover any news event they want and report it how they see fit (with any political slant they want) is again FURTHER proof.

The fact that groups such as OWS - with one of their stated goals being the overthrow of the current government system - are able to get a permit to protest freely and are only confronted when they pro-actively attack the police or disobey orders to disband because they are illegally on someone else's private property is FURTHER FURTHER proof.

Your argument that since we are headed in that direction, by default we already are one is ridiculous.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

That's like saying someone has already given birth to a baby because they are six months along and will be heading to the hospital in about three months.

I have said in multiple posts on this board that eventually we as Christians are gong to be prosecuted, persecuted, imprisoned and put to death.
Our country is slowly but surely becoming like other totalitarian states of the past. Our disadvantage is that technology is a tool aiding them greatly.

We are slowly, consistently working in that direction, but we are absolutely, positively, without a doubt NOT THERE YET.

The fact that there are thousands of political web sites lambasting the current administration with zero repercussions is further proof.

The fact that new agencies are able to cover any news event they want and report it how they see fit (with any political slant they want) is again FURTHER proof.

The fact that groups such as OWS - with one of their stated goals being the overthrow of the current government system - are able to get a permit to protest freely and are only confronted when they pro-actively attack the police or disobey orders to disband because they are illegally on someone else's private property is FURTHER FURTHER proof.

Your argument that since we are headed in that direction, by default we already are one is ridiculous.

Perhaps I'm mixing the US up with another country that has armed guards in grade schools, churches, airplanes, not to mention a homeland security act that basically gives the law the power to do...well whatever they want.

Fear is the prime motivator that makes security the top issue. I don't suppose you've ever heard of patrolled gated communities? Maybe that is for the future?

It would seem that Mr. Zimmerman was acting from that heightened sense of fear that makes security the primary concern...more fear=more recourse to security. I guess no one has heard of the "stand your ground" policy?

Jake

Aug 21, 2011
Western US
Perhaps I'm mixing the US up with another country that has armed guards in grade schools, churches, airplanes, not to mention a homeland security act that basically gives the law the power to do...well whatever they want.

Fear is the prime motivator that makes security the top issue. I don't suppose you've ever heard of patrolled gated communities? Maybe that is for the future?

It would seem that Mr. Zimmerman was acting from that heightened sense of fear that makes security the primary concern...more fear=more recourse to security. I guess no one has heard of the "stand your ground" policy?
There are no armed guards in grade schools, where do you get your informtion, epi?

Armed guards in churches? Where? There are traffic police officers directing traffic in the larger churches.

People have an obscured view of America. Why? Due to the fact, most people are listening to the mainstream brainwashing media, they are the reason this entire story is racially profiled. The picture they showed of Trayvon doesn't show the fact he was 6'3 and a football player, Zimmerman came from a multi-racial family......just sayin'..... It's getting more media attention than the little white girl who was killed by a raging lunatic in Arizona a few years ago.

The media reports high profile cases and stirs the mass population - haven't we known this for years? Yet, people keep buying into it, they believe whatever is reported without researching for themselves. People get killed all over the world for the color of their skin, for how much money they make, and for who they are.

Security is not the top issue in the people's minds, right now it is the economy, jobs, and the healthcare.

What about the unnecessary force used by Canadian police against students who were peacefully demonstrating tuition hikes?

The thing is the world IS SUPPOSED TO BE GETTING WORSE, and then people are shocked about it, how else does God get people's attention and have them turn to Him and rely on Him? Read The Revelation.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010

-- So, because they have 'the potential' to do it, we are now in a 'virtual police state?'

During the civil war LIncoln suspended Habeas Corpus. It was restored at the end of the war, but has been an available tool for every president since then. Using your reasoning we have been living in a police state for 150 years and counting.

Again, (using your reasoning) because we have several hundred thousand troops - regular military, national guard, and reserve - stationed in a few hundred military installations across the U.S., able to impose curfew and travel restrictions if called upon, we are actually living under military control right now.

I do not know one single solitary elementary school that has a police presence stationed there. Not one. Care to provide one?
The only time churches have security is when they have received threats or pastors have been assaulted.
They normally hire private securty but if there is a real, credible existing threat to the church or the staff, then and only then is there a police presence, and even then only if requested.

The police state is coming....but it is obviously not here.
I have detailed the proof showing that it is not here.
Please stop with the silliness.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The media manipulation has turned this event into a circus. American society seems to be a powderkeg just waiting for a chance to explode.

There is another theory for such media hype apparently initiated by some in capitol hill. It could be about gun control rights. I recall during Clinton's administration, U.N. leaders were angry with Clinton for his inability to force the American people to give up their right to bear arms (per the 2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution). Sarah Brady was especially adamant with Florida passing gun carry laws for law-abiding citizens. The passing of such laws reversed the gun crime rates in Florida (which Sarah Brady denied it having any effect). And soon thereafter the people in other states starting demanding more freedom for concealed-carry permits. Just about all 50 states passed some form of new legislation to make it easier to do concealed carry.

I hate to say it, but what I see when 'outsiders' step into such cases and get 'special prosecutors' appointed with the intent to penalize one who defends theirself from bodily harm through use of concealed gun carry, it points to those outsiders desiring that we not have the ability, nor the right, to defend ourselves. And such a thing most definitely is signs of a police state political agenda.

There are no armed guards in grade schools, where do you get your informtion, epi?

My sister is an elementary school teacher in a county near Nashville. She said just about all... the 'elementary' schools in the county have cops policing the hall ways, some are rent-a-cops, others are not. Time to wake up.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Armed guards in churches? Where? There are traffic police officers directing traffic in the larger churches.

People have an obscured view of America. Why? Due to the fact, most people are listening to the mainstream brainwashing media, they are the reason this entire story is racially profiled. The picture they showed of Trayvon doesn't show the fact he was 6'3 and a football player, Zimmerman came from a multi-racial family......just sayin'..... It's getting more media attention than the little white girl who was killed by a raging lunatic in Arizona a few years ago.

The media reports high profile cases and stirs the mass population - haven't we known this for years? Yet, people keep buying into it, they believe whatever is reported without researching for themselves. People get killed all over the world for the color of their skin, for how much money they make, and for who they are.

Security is not the top issue in the people's minds, right now it is the economy, jobs, and the healthcare.

What about the unnecessary force used by Canadian police against students who were peacefully demonstrating tuition hikes?

The thing is the world IS SUPPOSED TO BE GETTING WORSE, and then people are shocked about it, how else does God get people's attention and have them turn to Him and rely on Him? Read The Revelation.

Admittedly I get my info from the media. There has been more than one recent shooting in a church building on a sunday by armed security. And many inner city schools have armed guards and metal detectors at the entrance. These things are going on. Gangs and crime are affecting the young in the inner cities. It has become part of the culture.

Canada also has security excesses...like the summit protests...but our inner cities lag far behind the US in the war zone mentality:eek:ur border guards aren't even armed (yet). There is a scale difference. America seems that much more drastic and loud....as in more extreme in it's behaviour.

These type of things are on the rise. The threat of terrorism has made the government jumpy.

-- So, because they have 'the potential' to do it, we are now in a 'virtual police state?'

During the civil war LIncoln suspended Habeas Corpus. It was restored at the end of the war, but has been an available tool for every president since then. Using your reasoning we have been living in a police state for 150 years and counting.

Again, (using your reasoning) because we have several hundred thousand troops - regular military, national guard, and reserve - stationed in a few hundred military installations across the U.S., able to impose curfew and travel restrictions if called upon, we are actually living under military control right now.

I do not know one single solitary elementary school that has a police presence stationed there. Not one. Care to provide one?
The only time churches have security is when they have received threats or pastors have been assaulted.
They normally hire private securty but if there is a real, credible existing threat to the church or the staff, then and only then is there a police presence, and even then only if requested.

The police state is coming....but it is obviously not here.
I have detailed the proof showing that it is not here.
Please stop with the silliness.

I didn't say military control...I said police state. A police state is one where security is the highest priority. This is brought on by fear. Fear of crime...fear of terrorism...just plain fear. Are the streets of the inner cities safe to walk on at night?

Jake

Aug 21, 2011
Western US
My sister is an elementary school teacher in a county near Nashville. She said just about all... the 'elementary' schools in the county have cops policing the hall ways, some are rent-a-cops, others are not. Time to wake up.
The problem with the internet is anyone can say anything and claim it's fact - you'll have to send proof.

Admittedly I get my info from the media. There has been more than one recent shooting in a church building on a sunday by armed security. And many inner city schools have armed guards and metal detectors at the entrance. These things are going on. Gangs and crime are affecting the young in the inner cities. It has become part of the culture.

Canada also has security excesses...like the summit protests...but our inner cities lag far behind the US in the war zone mentality:eek:ur border guards aren't even armed (yet). There is a scale difference. America seems that much more drastic and loud....as in more extreme in it's behaviour.

These type of things are on the rise. The threat of terrorism has made the government jumpy.

You are referring to high schools, there are metal detectors at SOME high schools in the inner cities, there are always security guards on campus at high schools - they do not carry a weapon - they are not armed guards. High schools have police officers that might be assigned to 2-3 schools, so they are not at one school f/t, maybe some schools there is a cop assigned to only one. The cops I have seen at the schools I attended - they did not carry a weapon, I don't think they are allowed to.

These things do not happen at the elementary level.

If a shooting happens at a church, the police are there because someone called 911, it's not like the cops are already there.

Look, we are aware of the problems in America, we just don't need an exaggerated presentation that we all live under militia control and there are armed guards on every street corner, in every school and in every church. It's generalizing without facts and we know the rest of the world hates us and believes us all to have a war zone mentality - news: we don't.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I didn't say military control...I said police state. A police state is one where security is the highest priority. This is brought on by fear. Fear of crime...fear of terrorism...just plain fear. Are the streets of the inner cities safe to walk on at night?

-- And you have still failed to show that we are currently living in a police state.
Sorry, but your definition does not fit reality.
Perhaps a dictionary....or Google the definition of a 'police state.'
Glad I could help.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The problem with the internet is anyone can say anything and claim it's fact - you'll have to send proof.

You are referring to high schools, there are metal detectors at SOME high schools in the inner cities, there are always security guards on campus at high schools - they do not carry a weapon - they are not armed guards. High schools have police officers that might be assigned to 2-3 schools, so they are not at one school f/t, maybe some schools there is a cop assigned to only one. The cops I have seen at the schools I attended - they did not carry a weapon, I don't think they are allowed to.

These things do not happen at the elementary level.

If a shooting happens at a church, the police are there because someone called 911, it's not like the cops are already there.

Look, we are aware of the problems in America, we just don't need an exaggerated presentation that we all live under militia control and there are armed guards on every street corner, in every school and in every church. It's generalizing without facts and we know the rest of the world hates us and believes us all to have a war zone mentality - news: we don't.

Do you have proof of this? ;)

The world hates the US because it serves it's own interests while claiming to be bringing "freedom" to the world. I guess one would have to be outside the bubble to see the amazing hypocrisy. I don't blame the American public so much...they are indoctrinated into a flag worship from very early on. Have you heard of "operation freedom"? ...or "enduring freedom"? Feeedom for whom? Is it better to kill people in their country 'In case" they attack us? What about all the innocent civilians?...well it's war goes the excuse. That reasoning goes like...I'm not killing your family really...it's war based on what's best for me...why are you so angry for my killing your family???? It's in the name of freedom!

I think that it is hard for the oppresors to indentify with their victims. That is the nature of the collective indoctrination. They are not humans really...they are the enemy.

I find it ironic that the US reads like "us" (vs them) :)

What is hardest to swallow is the blatant hypocrisy and lack of care for others. Do you know what all these munitions that are being dropped onto civilians does to them? Or will we only care for the poor pilots who napalm and cluster bomb the innocents?

It is my view that a Christian should be against the excesses of their govenment and be ashamed of a flag that is used as a symbol of oppression in the world today. Power corrupts...but absolute super-power status corrupts ABSOLUTELY! Who can make war on the beast?

Jake

Aug 21, 2011
Western US
Do you have proof of this? ;)

The world hates the US because it serves it's own interests while claiming to be bringing "freedom" to the world. I guess one would have to be outside the bubble to see the amazing hypocrisy. I don't blame the American public so much...they are indoctrinated into a flag worship from very early on. Have you heard of "operation freedom"? ...or "enduring freedom"? Feeedom for whom? Is it better to kill people in their country 'In case" they attack us? What about all the innocent civilians?...well it's war goes the excuse. That reasoning goes like...I'm not killing your family really...it's war based on what's best for me...why are you so angry for my killing your family???? It's in the name of freedom!

I think that it is hard for the oppresors to indentify with their victims. That is the nature of the collective indoctrination. They are not humans really...they are the enemy.

I find it ironic that the US reads like "us" (vs them) :)

What is hardest to swallow is the blatant hypocrisy and lack of care for others. Do you know what all these munitions that are being dropped onto civilians does to them? Or will we only care for the poor pilots who napalm and cluster bomb the innocents?

It is my view that a Christian should be against the excesses of their govenment and be ashamed of a flag that is used as a symbol of oppression in the world today. Power corrupts...but absolute super-power status corrupts ABSOLUTELY! Who can make war on the beast?

You have re-directed the conversation from armed guards in schools, to intenational war? If you want to now focus on war, then war it is. I am not defending the actions of american's gov't, my goal was to point out the information you were providing was inaccurate.

We are citizens of heaven and we are to be building the Kingom of God, not a secural gov't. We worship Christ, not a flag. I guess because we all have been indoctrinated into worshipping a flag, then none of us can be believers?

People who live here are very aware of the hypocrisy that comes from our gov't, they are out of control, you are right - power does corrupt.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You have re-directed the conversation from armed guards in schools, to intenational war? If you want to now focus on war, then war it is. I am not defending the actions of american's gov't, my goal was to point out the information you were providing was inaccurate.

We are citizens of heaven and we are to be building the Kingom of God, not a secural gov't. We worship Christ, not a flag. I guess because we all have been indoctrinated into worshipping a flag, then none of us can be believers?

People who live here are very aware of the hypocrisy that comes from our gov't, they are out of control, you are right - power does corrupt.

Yes! Every region has it's local principalities that need to be identified. The danger is always syncretism (a mixture of Christ AND something else) It is like leaven that changes the message and the behaviour. A wise man once said...when you mix Christ with something else...it is always the something else that becomes the main message.

The armed guards patrolling in school hallways is really an indication of the times....where the very young are being corrupted and brought into the depths of sin from very early on. Any freedom that is not in Christ becomes a new bondage. And we have a freedom -crazed society. We want more choices...but steadily make the wrong ones. That is the way of the world.

I'm surprised, as someone who lives in America, that you have not seen this type of security in the schools. Do you live in an area where there are no gangs or drug dealers?

Patriotic sentiments aside...my point was that there seems to be a very real lack of trust in the justice system. This is the sign of the times....lawlessness has been released into society. Fear is replacing the sense of freedom that freedom has paved the way for.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Wow, third post in and this thread was completely derailed! :)

13439255.jpg

Strat

Mar 25, 2012

Your "proof" is nonsense,as is your lack of ability to understand the steady ecroachment of government power....here's a new word for you...."incrementalism" it's a big word,lot's of syllables...people like you said the same things 50 years ago and in 50 years government power has grown by leaps and bounds.