Tree of Life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When you know how much God loves you, great things come from it, wouldn't you agree? Don't be like Adam, he knew he was loved and he was put in a perfect garden but he lost knowing how much God loved him and sinned. If you feel God doesn't love you, you will work for Him to get Him to love you and you will never be able to do enough to get blessed because you are eating from the wrong tree.

Genesis 2:9, The Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

The Garden is finished, good to see and good for food.

John 4:34, “My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.

He did all the work and you get all the pleasures and benefits of it. The hardest work of all for you to do is to rest in Him and eat from the right tree.

At the moment of salvation, God puts you in a spiritual Garden that is pleasant to the eyes and good for food. You don't live outside the Garden anymore, the price has been paid and you get what the Bible says you get and you have what the Holy Spirit says is yours.

The Word of God is the Sword and you have access to the Tree of Life.

Genesis 3:24, After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

Revelation 22:2, down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.

breathofdesire

Sep 12, 2017
Queensland
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When you know how much God loves you, great things come from it, wouldn't you agree? Don't be like Adam, he knew he was loved and he was put in a perfect garden but he lost knowing how much God loved him and sinned. If you feel God doesn't love you, you will work for Him to get Him to love you and you will never be able to do enough to get blessed because you are eating from the wrong tree.

Genesis 2:9, The Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

The Garden is finished, good to see and good for food.

John 4:34, “My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.

He did all the work and you get all the pleasures and benefits of it. The hardest work of all for you to do is to rest in Him and eat from the right tree.

At the moment of salvation, God puts you in a spiritual Garden that is pleasant to the eyes and good for food. You don't live outside the Garden anymore, the price has been paid and you get what the Bible says you get and you have what the Holy Spirit says is yours.

The Word of God is the Sword and you have access to the Tree of Life.

Genesis 3:24, After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

Revelation 22:2, down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.
There not literal trees, that function like an orange tree. The tree of knowledge is up here in the brain, they are our neural pathways that fix our thinking and our behavior.

Think good about things, and you fix your thinking good.

Think evil about things, and you fix your thinking evil.

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil." Gen 2:9

"And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:" Gen 3:22

"So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life." Gen 3:24

"She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her. " Prov 3:18 [antecedent for "She" is wisdom in verse 13]

"The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise." Prov 11:30

"Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life." Prov 13:12

"A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit." Prov 15:4

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God." Rev 2:7

Jesus is the Tree of Life as I see it. It is this which we are to eat according to His words:

"Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you." John 6:53

So what is it we obtain by eating and drinking of Him?

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

We may now obtain that which was lost when Adam and Eve ate of the wrong tree. We have a new opportunity to do what they failed to do, to receive what they failed to receive.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We need to eat spiritual food or our spirit man will starve to death.

no doubt

and we know according to Jesus that He is that Spiritual food that sustains the Life in Christ. how many time in scripture He said He is the living water, bread of life so on and so forth.

last night we nailed a mouse that was in the house with a traditional trap with food. thing is flesh isn't inform of a hazard to their lives in any circumstance, unless its experienced, especially in the case of food to sustain the life being lived. but the Lord informed Adam, which is that which would sustain the life he had. and that instruction is the bread of the life lived given by God, not the life lived in the flesh, the place that Life was to be lived.

I only had one half cup of coffee hope that was legible.

Reactions: Armadillo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
um wait, dying to self is a pleasure and a benefit? seems like a lot of work, too.
i'd be eating this; "the soul that sins will die." and this has not changed

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
um wait, dying to self is a pleasure and a benefit? seems like a lot of work, too.
i'd be eating this; "the soul that sins will die." and this has not changed

Where did "dying to self" come from?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Why would I eat that?
um, you specifically? Tbh i don't think that was for you, you have these internalized at this point, you are obviously not easily offended (i tried), and etc.

so iow another reflection, perhaps, of mixing meat and milk, or foundation v building, etc.

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"deny yourself, pick up your cross, and follow," but many other passages, too i guess. Seeds falling and dying, etc.

Ah yes, the seed must fall into the ground and die or it won't bring much fruit and if one dies daily it means something is still alive and how can that be so when His death is our death.

Reactions: Helen

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
um, you specifically? Tbh i don't think that was for you, you have these internalized at this point, you are obviously not easily offended (i tried), and etc.

Yes, I remember when you tried, :D

so iow another reflection, perhaps, of mixing meat and milk, or foundation v building, etc.

Yes, mixing meat and milk is mixing law and grace and Jesus is our foundation, not ourselves.

Reactions: Helen

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
yes, you still gotta eat, even after your profession of faith, huh?

Only if you want to live a fulfilled life that Jesus wanted you to have and even if you don't eat, you're still His. The hunger will wear you down eventually but once you start eating the green grass that is so delicious, it's hard to stop and why would you want to?

Invisibilis

Nov 9, 2017
Northern Rivers
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Genesis 3:24 After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.
EBWup8T.jpg

Revelation 22:14 "Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city."

In between these two verses, basically the whole bible, is about how to return to the tree of life. IMHO

The flaming sword is the word of God (Truth), as in Hebrews 4:12. Only those who are True can pass through the gates into the city where the tree of life is. Only those who wash their robes (soul), from untruths, have the right to the tree of life (eternity).

Reactions: Armadillo

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I find that so many people take these things so literally.
Some things are both literal and spiritual. Other things are spiritual and written to us as "pictures" so we 'get the picture'.