• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but first answer the question- where is Adam and Eve?
And you forgot God Himself when He spelled death out:

Gen 3:19- In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread till you return to the ground,
for out of it you were taken; you are dust, and to dust you shall return.

Shouldn't He be the Absolute Source of Authority on the matter?

He is. :)
Heaven. :)

I'm presuming you want scripture for this, yes? :p

Ok, sorry if it seemed I was being facetious, LoL. I have to find joy in my day somehow, and I didn't have the scripture on hand just yet. But here it is:

18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit, 19 by whom also He went and preached to the spirits in prison, 20 who formerly were disobedient, when once the Divine long-suffering waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water. 21 There is also an antitype which now saves us—baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, 22 who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, angels and authorities and powers having been made subject to Him. (1 Peter 3:18-22).

What this passage is saying is that the souls who died and went to the Paradise side of Sheol (i.e. the Underworld) after death were waiting there until Christ paid the price for them to enter Third Heaven, where God is. Hence the expression, "He led captivity captive." But what Peter was talking about here was this: He was using the example of Noah and his sons and wives as representatives of those who died before the crucifixion, because Christ preached to them as well, and then "delivered them from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of the Son of His love." (Colossians).

So if all the righteous who died prior to the crucifixion went to this area of Sheol, then it means Adam and Eve did as well. Unless one believes Adam and Eve went to Hell instead, but that breaks with Christian tradition very strongly.

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hidden In Him: But here it is:

18 -For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit,

The third day AFTER his execution!

19 by whom also He went and preached to the spirits in prison, 20 who formerly were disobedient, when once the Divine long-suffering waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water.

Obviously, after the day God RESURRECTED him.

The rest is Church Fiction as they "cherry-picked" and misquoted the Bible.
REMEMBER, we were CREATED souls, and God said "we return to the ground we came from".

Then, there is Judgement Day, were we has RELEASE from death, according to Christ's ransom.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
18 -For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit,

The third day AFTER his execution!

No. The moment He died. :)

The text reads here, "ζῳοποιηθεὶς δὲ πνεύματι: ἐν ᾧ καὶ τοῖς ἐν φυλακῇ πνεύμασιν πορευθεὶς ἐκήρυξεν," or "But having been made alive through the Spirit, in which also, having gone, He preached to the spirits in prison."

He went and preached to them in Spirit, not in the flesh.

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 6:37- All whom the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.
38- For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of Him who sent me.
39- And this is the will of Him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those He has given me,
but raise them up at the last day.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I have chosen to believe God, and Christ who told his followers he would surrender his LIFE, and be resurrected by God.

This is good, but you need to combine it with believing the scriptures as well, Questioneer. If they say something that directly contradicts your theology, it is best to revise your theology rather than hold to something that would testify falsely of Him.

But God bless, and good discussion just the same.
Hidden In Him

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And if your 'Faith" is over-ridden with Tradition, Jesus said its useless.
Sorry, my Friendly Adversary.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And if your 'Faith" is over-ridden with Tradition, Jesus said its useless.
Sorry, my Friendly Adversary.

I subscribe to the Apostles Creed, but not merely because it is tradition but rather because it is based on scripture.

You see, whether modern or ancient, our theology has to be based on the word of God. This is why we discuss things in light of scripture. If your theology is sound, you can refute mere empty tradition with the scriptures themselves. But if your theology is not sound and church tradition is actuality correct on a matter, scripture will reveal this as well.

We are still on 1 Peter 3:18-22, which you haven't properly refuted yet. :)

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Catholic Creed over JESUS' words...

Yes, but now:

A. Not everything the Catholic Church teaches is heresy, and
B. It is not only the Catholic Church that adheres to the Apostles Creed.

Again, you have let the conversation devolve into opinions when I was wishing to discuss the actual scriptures with you. We are still on 1 Peter 3:18-22, which you haven't properly refuted yet.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 6:37- All whom the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.
38- For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of Him who sent me.
39- And this is the will of Him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those He has given me,
but raise them up at the last day.

You mean this? Well ok, let's deal with this one then, but I was talking about how you bowed out on 1 Peter 3:18-22.

Ok, now here what you have to prove before you can just lay claim to this passage as your own property is this: Do Scriptures on the bodily resurrection cancel out the reality of people existing in spirit? So while we could go all over the place with that, let me just return to my passage and see how you interpret things, because I think you have to explain away a TON of scripture to support your doctrine here.

In your interpretation, who were the "spirits in prison" in this passage, and where and when did Jesus preach to them?

18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit, 19 by whom also He went and preached to the spirits in prison, 20 who formerly were disobedient, when once the Divine long-suffering waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water. 21 There is also an antitype which now saves us—baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, 22 who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, angels and authorities and powers having been made subject to Him. (1 Peter 3:18-22).

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ask someone else.

Still there? Questioneer, the thing you have to keep in mind here is that teaching Christian doctrine is a VERY serious matter. All of us will be held accountable to God for what we teach. This is why it is important to have a firm handle on scripture before you just jump up and say, "Thus sayeth the Lord."

This is why I'm asking about your interpretation here. We can switch to another passage if you like, but the fact that you cannot answer me on this one should already be showing you that something may be amiss in your theology. Or maybe not, depending on if your answer were to be a sound one.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He was a liar, Backlit. Your theology has you calling God a liar and Satan a truth-teller. See a problem here? LoL.

Still no interest in answering my Israel thread? I created that to discuss things with you and Quiet.

Be blessed,
- H
Sorry but I disagree. God said the truth... You shall die of you eat of that tree. Satan said, no, you won't surely die. You shall be like God and live forever. And the church has been teaching that ever since. And you intubated the same by suggesting a difference between body and spirit... Satan lied about the body, and hid the truth about the spirit. But no where in scripture does it say that man is immortal... Either in body or Spirit.

Reactions: theQuestioneer

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry but I disagree. God said the truth... You shall die of you eat of that tree. Satan said, no, you won't surely die. You shall be like God and live forever. And the church has been teaching that ever since. And you intubated the same by suggesting a difference between body and spirit... Satan lied about the body, and hid the truth about the spirit. But no where in scripture does it say that man is immortal... Either in body or Spirit.

Ok, well then maybe you can pick up this conversation where Questioneer left off, because it appears I've lost him.

This may be an unnatural place for us to start, but tell me how you would answer Post #21, since it is already up and something I was trying to get an answer out of him on.

Good morning, btw.

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still there? Questioneer, the thing you have to keep in mind here is that teaching Christian doctrine is a VERY serious matter. All of us will be held accountable to God for what we teach.

A good detective know to go back tom where the problem started first.
We did, at Genesis, and completely ignored it.
So, if one denys God's Word, it is futile to have a discussion.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A good detective know to go back tom where the problem started first.
We did, at Genesis, and completely ignored it.
So, if one denys God's Word, it is futile to have a discussion.

I responded to Genesis 3:16 in Post #10 and in Post #32, among others. But just because I disagree with your interpretation doesn't mean I have ignored it or that I have denied God's word.

Come on, Questioneer, put your thinking cap on and discuss it with me. It's not like I'm being rude. I'm honestly wanting to go over the scriptures together intelligently.