• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 2:7- And the Lord ("Jehovah" removed) God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Of course I agree with this. It's scripture. :)

The LXX reads, "And God formed man of the dust of the earth, and breathed upon his face the breath of life, and man became a living soul."

But again, you appear to be arguing this somehow cements in stone the idea that man is not also an immortal spirit. What evidence do you have to suggest this? And again, there's a BOATLOAD of scripture passages that say otherwise. I was just running the first one by you for starters.

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you agree that God sentenced him to DIE contrary to Satan's lie?
(Nothing 'immortal' here)
"Dust you art and to dust you will return"?

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you agree that God sentenced his to DIE contrary to Satan's lie?
(Nothing 'immortal' here)
"Dust you art and to dust you will return"?

Questioneer, Post #10, LoL.
Ok, thanks.

It seems to me Satan was telling her she would not die in the flesh, because all God's responses including the one you quoted above suggest that this was the subject of the conversation. Spiritual immortality had not entered into the conversation yet, for all they knew about was their earthly existence in the flesh. So when the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die," he was lying to her in telling her that she would not die in the flesh, when in realty she did.

Are we on the same page, or do you disagree?

Implicit in this answer is that God was telling the truth that Adam would die in the flesh after he ate of the tree, and as stated directly, "when the serpent said to the woman, 'You will not surely die,' he was lying to her in telling her that she would not die in the flesh, when in realty she did."

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Hidden In Him: Implicit in this answer is that God was telling the truth that Adam would die in the flesh"...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
And there "we have the rub"; you add church garbage to scripture.
He could not said it any PLANIER; he would DIE!
Physically and spiritually.

Now, where are your "immortal souls" of Adam and Eve?
Burning in Hellfire after all these thousands of Years?
Or being in Heaven for the treason, God making the Earth by mistake "for it to be inhabited by men"?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If life is in the blood then what is the breath of life?

What is the life in the blood?
oxygen?
You ever notice when air hits exposed fruit it oxidizes and begins to rot?
Like a banana or avocado. They start turning brown as soon as the air hits them.

Yet we can't live without oxygen. Oxygen in the blood.

Then there is the breath of life.

Was Adam given CPR?

Was Adam destined to die the day he drew breath?

I don't believe the dying God warned Adam of was physical. I believe it was spiritual death. A seperation from being a part of the God Life force.
The spiritual umbilical cord would be cut. Cut off. Circumcised even.

It is appointed unto man once to die...
1Co 15:36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

In the day you eat of it, thou shalt surely die.

You will not surely die, but you will be as gods knowing good and evil.

Did Adam surely die.. indeed for it was appointed from the beginning that that which is sown must be quickened.

just thinking..

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And there "we have the rub"; you add church garbage to scripture.
He could not said it any PLANIER; he would DIE!
Physically and spiritually.

Now, where are your "immortal souls" of Adam and Eve?
Burning in Hellfire after all these thousands of Years?
Or being in Heaven for the treason, God making the Earth by mistake "for it to be inhabited by men"?

LoL. You know, for someone who presumes to be such an authority on the scriptures, you ought to be able to answer me about a passage of scripture I have asked you about something like five times now. :)

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I've been waiting for the famous Romans 5:12-21 passage to be raised, which testifies that had no-one sinned to date no-one would have died to date:

Rom 5:12-21 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: (13) (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. (14) Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come. (15) But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, has abounded unto many. (16) And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification. (17) For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) (18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. (19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. (20) Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: (21) That as sin has reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Reactions: Jostler

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who cares what you believe, if it is contrary to scripture.
Cancel culture in it's truest form

This is what I mean. :) He joins the forum calling himself "The Questioneer," but when you answer him, he says, "Who cares what you believe!" LoL.

Maybe he should have named himself "The Blower Offer," cuz that's been his pattern so far...

The Disregarder?... How about The Non-Answerer! :p

"Greetings all! I'm gonna post about 15 threads on my first day here and ask you all questions until your ears bleed.
Sincerely yours, The Non-Answerer."

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Greetings all! I'm gonna post about 15 threads on my first day here and ask you all questions until your ears bleed.

pathophysiology-of-traumatic-brain-injury-26-638.jpg

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what I mean. :) He joins the forum calling himself "The Questioneer," but when you answer him, he says, "Who cares what you believe!" LoL.

Maybe he should have named himself "The Blower Offer," cuz that's been his pattern so far...

Seems it could be contagious. I've run into similar lately.
Patience is a virtue
:)

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

Now that the wrangling is on pause can I ask members of the Body of Christ to prefer edifying one another in love. Let's find things to build each other up about. Let's promote spiritual growth. :)

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now that the wrangling is on pause can I ask members of the Body of Christ to prefer edifying one another in love. Let's find things to build each other up about. Let's promote spiritual growth. :)
It takes 2 to tango.
I'm willing......
:)

Reactions: Stumpmaster

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's normally my objective, Stumpmaster. :)

My purpose going into conversations like this is to explore the word together with another member and compare our understandings of scripture, only when I encounter someone who in the guise of supposedly wanting to discuss things is actually wanting to cram their unsubstantiated theology down my throat, well... let's just say that sort of thing will get met with opposition.

But it's not as if I entertain discussions like these once I get a handle on where someone is spiritually. This was a new member, so I decided to have a discussion with him about scripture and see what makes him tick. I've gotten a pretty good handle on him as a result of this conversation, so it's not as if I need to go through another exercise like this one. So if anything, I usually look for some common ground in the future or just avoid him if I can't. Unless of course I see he is influencing others to their harm, not their good. Then it's back to having a discussion again.

God bless, and here's to hoping for the good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stumpmaster

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yawn!
People on a Bible forum that don't accept the Bible- even the clearest passages- don't belong on the forum.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yawn!
People on a Bible forum that don't accept the Bible- even the clearest passages- don't belong on the forum.
There are ways and means of dealing with statements that are arbitrary and inflammatory. Those who present as "questioneers" sometimes employ a "bait and switch" technique to lure users into unreasonable arguments contrary to the wisdom from above:

Jas 3:13-18 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by his good conduct that his deeds are done in gentleness of wisdom. (14) But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your heart, don’t boast and don’t lie against the truth. (15) This wisdom is not that which comes down from above, but is earthly, sensual, and demonic. (16) For where jealousy and selfish ambition are, there is confusion and every evil deed. (17) But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceful, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. (18) Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SM, if you see someone who says their 'Christian'- and they deny everything the Bible says, what would you think of him?

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ's words- "You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye." - Matt 7:5