TRUTH.......the WORD !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simply love this
J.

Aw, Good!
My manner of speaking and pausing and teaching is not acceptable to everyone and often criticized. No matter to me. It’s a manner I adopted when one of my children was born profoundly deaf and felt it my calling to make sure her deafness did not exclude her from what is so natural and easy for hearing people. I try to be expressly specific, and seems to be annoying to some. Such is life. :)

God Bless,
Taken

• Love
Reactions: Keturah

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God in Christ, through the Spirit is using you mightily, you have a way of painting a flower with words, to the blind, a dorean, gift, not compromising one iota on the Scriptures.

Receive this blessing
The Lord bless you and watch, guard, and keep you;

The Lord make His face to shine upon and enlighten you and be gracious (kind, merciful, and giving favor) to you;

The Lord lift up His [approving] countenance upon you and give you peace (tranquility of heart and life continually).

ְבָרֶכְךָ֥ יְהוָ֖ה וְיִשְׁמְרֶֽךָ׃ ס
יָאֵ֨ר יְהוָ֧ה ׀ פָּנָ֛יו אֵלֶ֖יךָ וִֽיחֻנֶּֽךָּ׃ ס
יִשָּׂ֨א יְהוָ֤ה ׀ פָּנָיו֙ אֵלֶ֔יךָ וְיָשֵׂ֥ם לְךָ֖ שָׁלֹֽום׃ ס

Eph 3:17 May Christ through your faith [actually] dwell (settle down, abide, make His permanent home) in your hearts! May you be rooted deep in love and founded securely on love,
Eph 3:18 That you may have the power and be strong to apprehend and grasp with all the saints [God's devoted people, the experience of that love] what is the breadth and length and height and depth [of it];
Eph 3:19 [That you may really come] to know [practically, through experience for yourselves] the love of Christ, which far surpasses mere knowledge [without experience]; that you may be filled [through all your being] unto all the fullness of God [may have the richest measure of the divine Presence, and become a body wholly filled and flooded with God Himself]!
Eph 3:20 Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]--
Eph 3:21 To Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations forever and ever. Amen (so be it).
AMP

Love this Amplified version.
To our Father and Christ Jesus be our highest eulogy and adoration, unceasingly.

God bless Taken
J.

That is beautiful Johann. Thank you, Thank you, for your lovely thoughts and words. Certainly touch my spirit with joy!
And with all the same back to and upon you and deep in your spirit!

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Keturah and Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Aw, Good!
My manner of speaking and pausing and teaching is not acceptable to everyone and often criticized. No matter to me. It’s a manner I adopted when one of my children was born profoundly deaf and felt it my calling to make sure her deafness did not exclude her from what is so natural and easy for hearing people. I try to be expressly specific, and seems to be annoying to some. Such is life. :)

God Bless,
Taken
We are not here to please men, now do we?
Must admit there are some points I don't agree with, but all in all, I simply love the way you do it.
You have a gift, and you are using it....my son is severely cerebral palsied, can't talk, and in need of constant daily care, yet nothing is stopping him from spreading the gospel, like peanut butter, using his keyboard and his thumb, painting pictures with words!

Shalom LaCheim Taken
J.

• Love
Reactions: Keturah and Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love the tidbits.

Hey, adding a bit, about my deaf daughter. She can speak in the same manner of a hearing person (and I give her credit for her diligent years of learning how, and practice)...as well she is a phenomenal lip reader...also to her credit of years of practice. Face to face, a stranger would be totally unaware she is deaf. It’s interesting to watch her only child, a 3 yr old, figuring this out. He knows to be face to face with her, but don’t think he has quite figured out...that it matters who is speaking. He keeps his face toward her face when either is speaking, but will sharply cut his eyes to the side, when he hears something, but will not turn his face away when she is speaking. Interesting to ”see” how his mind is processing.

• Love

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Hey, adding a bit, about my deaf daughter. She can speak in the same manner of a hearing person (and I give her credit for her diligent years of learning how, and practice)...as well she is a phenomenal lip reader...also to her credit of years of practice. Face to face, a stranger would be totally unaware she is deaf. It’s interesting to watch her only child, a 3 yr old, figuring this out. He knows to be face to face with her, but don’t think he has quite figured out...that it matters who is speaking. He keeps his face toward her face when either is speaking, but will sharply cut his eyes to the side, when he hears something, but will not turn his face away when she is speaking. Interesting to ”see” how his mind is processing.
Love this...pros to pros.

I was in a ministry teaching the deaf and the blind and have personally witnessed what you just shared.

J.

Reactions: Keturah and Taken

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A soft answer turns away wrath. That is, if the angry one is willing to settle down.

Much love!
I love that verse! Life changing.

I invoke the name of Jesus because His name can shift the atmosphere and change the direction of a conversation. I choose gentleness and a soft answer because God is at hand.

I've seen you take the higher road in many a conversation, @marks . Forbearance, or the ability to overlook an offense, is a rare virtue. But Ive seen you do it. It's really cool.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
A soft answer turns away wrath. That is, if the angry one is willing to settle down.

Much love!
yeah @marks, I am tired of fighting, plus I am getting older, so forgive me if I have said anything untoward to you and the others and let's start afresh, while there is still time.
I admit, I don't know it all, so help would be appreciated brother.

Shalom
J.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not here to please men, now do we?

Amen brother!

Must admit there are some points I don't agree with, but all in all, I simply love the way you do it.
You have a gift, and you are using it....

LOVE!

my son is severely cerebral palsied, can't talk, and in need of constant daily care, yet nothing is stopping him from spreading the gospel, like peanut butter, using his keyboard and his thumb, painting pictures with words!

Shalom LaCheim Taken
J.

Facts...wealthy or not...in a power seat or not....we all have personal challenges, others may or may not be aware of.

All of our children have special needs, the teaching, AND the “tools” they need to learn to benefit them. We teach them OF the “tools” God has for them and how to use those “tools”....and of course give our children encouragement and the physical “tools” to promote their personal well being.

I can tell by your disposition, and that includes your wife, and what little you have mentioned about your son, your son despite his physical challenges has the grand daddy of “tools”.... Gods Spirit IN Him...as well as physical tools.
KUDOS to you and your wife. Expressly what parenting is all about...
Nothing is sadder than parents who do not teach their children, except the parents who themselves have an empty tool box.

May God bless you and your dear son abundantly.

Taken

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I invoke the name of Jesus because His name can shift the atmosphere and change the direction of a conversation. I choose gentleness and a soft answer because God is at hand.

I've seen you take the higher road in many a conversation, @marks . Forbearance, or the ability to overlook an offense, is a rare virtue. But Ive seen you do it. It's really cool.
yeah @marks, I am tired of fighting, plus I am getting older, so forgive me if I have said anything untoward to you and the others and let's start afresh, while there is still time.
I admit, I don't know it all, so help would be appreciated brother.

Shalom
J.
I'm not into fighting either, life is too short, and there is too much more important. Nothing to forgive, brother!
I want you both to know how much I appreciate you!

We are each of us pilgrims in the Way, and God has given us this opportunity to walk together a spell.

Another verse I try to hold close to me, "the wrath of man works not the righteousness of God". Getting angry at others will never ever bring about His righteousness.

Much love!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't know if you agree with this, but lately, the last couple of months, I am not sure re my salvation.
Being blunt with you Taken, sitting alone day in and day out, the mind/nous the battlefield.
I hope you understand what I am trying to convey to you.

J.

I understand. It is flat out what it is...lonely.
And strange, even people in a crowd can be lonely.

It’s like at times when I have had one of my little g-kids here, lavishing them with attention, and then they say....I want mommy B here. That says it all. Matters not how much attention, how many people about...lonely for that ONE of your express personal connection, no other can accommodate.

You may need a “date night”...and I expressly mean with your memory of your wife. Put on a shirt she complimented you wearing, prepare a meal you both expressly enjoyed, reminisce over things you both said, spray her perfumed scent, watch a movie you both enjoyed, laughed at, and commented on the clever lines. It may sound silly, but you might be surprised at the positive effect. The focus become all about her, her feelings and your reaction to her joy. It shifts everything from your feeling lonely to her feelings.

It’s strange, I’m sure some would think it nuts, but no matter to me. My spouse and I may be both on our property and not even see each other for hours, then pass by one another and say, I love you today, and keep on going about our individual task at hand. I do similar, passing by a photo of my mom or dad look and say, I love you today... even though my folks have passed, and I miss them, it triggers a warmth in my heart.

God Bless,
Taken

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You may need a “date night”...and I expressly mean with your memory of your wife. Put on a shirt she complimented you wearing, prepare a meal you both expressly enjoyed, reminisce over things you both said, spray her perfumed scent, watch a movie you both enjoyed, laughed at, and commented on the clever lines. It may sound silly, but you might be surprised at the positive effect. The focus become all about her, her feelings and your reaction to her joy. It shifts everything from your feeling lonely to her feelings.
Lol!
Are you serious!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol!
Are you serious!
Yes.

And thank you for that “lol”, that means, you think I am nutty!! LOL.
Cuz, while I have a very serious side, I do have a whimsical side, and can LOL along with you.

I do reminisce, over times with my dad, with my mom, as if we are both present together. Amusing, funny things, pleasant things...remembering their reactions, their laughter, their look and it stirs the joy in my heart.

God Bless,
Taken

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yes.

And thank you for that “lol”, that means, you think I am nutty!! LOL.
Cuz, while I have a very serious side, I do have a whimsical side, and can LOL along with you.

I do reminisce, over times with my dad, with my mom, as if we are both present together. Amusing, funny things, pleasant things...remembering their reactions, their laughter, their look and it stirs the joy in my heart.

God Bless,
Taken
Not laughing AT you, but it was a kind of nervous "Lol!"

This is the strangest advise...having a date night with my deceased wife? Putting on her perfume?
Forgive me for saying this, but it sounds kind of nutty Taken.

Do you know what we call people in SA that go that route?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not laughing AT you, but it was a kind of nervous "Lol!"

This is the strangest advise...having a date night with my deceased wife? Putting on her perfume?
Forgive me for saying this, but it sounds kind of nutty Taken.

Do you know what we call people in SA that go that route?
Not putting ON her perfume, just the scent in the air.. ;)

Of course it sound nuts! Laughing at me, is okay too.
Just saying, you can think about her and your feelings of loneliness or think about her and times you remember of her joy.
It’s a perspective shift.

:)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Johann....
Been up for 10 hours and getting hungry...talk later. :)

Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Not putting ON her perfume, just the scent in the air.. ;)

Of course it sound nuts! Laughing at me, is okay too.
Just saying, you can think about her and your feelings of loneliness or think about her and times you remember of her joy.
It’s a perspective shift.

:)
I think I'll hit the gym, a house gym Taken.
And examine myself, and my faith.
Shalom
J.

• Love
Reactions: Taken