TULIP an open discussion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Romans 9​

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

And Jesus sayeth to us, ...

"All who believe in me, i give unto you eternal life, and you shall never go to Hell (perish).

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
People always make the same decisions and the situation and location are always the same. The entire movie was predestined

Maybe you always make the same decisions, but i dont.
Why?
Because i can choose another option, any time i want.... as free will allows me to change my mind, change my choices, and try something else.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And Jesus sayeth to us, ...

"All who believe in me, i give unto you eternal life, and you shall never go to Hell (perish).
I understand that, but, how can you believe without the witness of the Holy Spirit.

Only God can give us the Faith to believe in his Son, it’s a manifestation of the Spirit....plus it’s biblical, Faith is a gift from God...human faith is no faith at all.xx

When God makes us Born Again....he gifts us faith to believe in Jesus....faith manifest itself in our heart, there it will grow, as it was planted by Gods imperishable seed, which is his Spirit.our spirit becomes Born Again..the supernatural miracle, spiritual rebirth.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe you always make the same decisions, but i dont.
Why?
Because i can choose another option, any time i want.... as free will allows me to change my mind, change my choices, and try something else.
Hi Brother..please explain what you mean when you say you can choose another option?xx

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I understand that, but, how can you believe without the witness of the Holy Spirit.

The "witness of the Holy Spirit" or the "conviction of the Holy Spirit" is God talking to your heart, through your mind... from the outside of you.

He is not already in there, as that happens WHEN... you are born again.

You are not "the temple of the Holy Spirit" first, and then you believe in Jesus, later.

So, someone like brightframe, or "carbon" on that other Forum..... falsely teaches that you are already born again, before you believed in Jesuis...

That's impossible.

Christ lives in NO SINNER............He only lives in you, after you are FORGIVEN...

Why?

Because To be born Born again, God has to Join Himself to you, and He wont do that while you have your sin.
And the only way to get that sin removed is to Trust in Christ ..., so that GOD can then give you the new Birth.

You TRUST and THEN you receive the new Birth.

Calvinists have this idea that you are born again, first, then God forgives your sin.

That can't happen.

Only God can give us the Faith to believe in his Son,

The Holy Spirit reveals the Son of God.... to the hearer, to their heart, and that allows them to know the truth..

He reveals it to the heart.... "while we are yet a sinner".

This is..>"come to the knowledge of the Truth"....but that is not to have BELIEVED IT, yet.

So, to go from knowing its true, to BELIEVING Its true by FAITH...., is up to the person.....who knows its true.

This is why Hebrews 10 says..>"if you willfully sin"......... and that means if you KNOW its true and you still wont have it.. You still wont believe it., for whatever REASON you chose to not believe it.

"well, if i become a Christian, i can't have any more fun" "but yes i know its true".
"well, if i become a Christian, i have to go to church all the time" "But yes i know its true".

I know someone who said...>"well, i am going to get saved , but not right now, because if i do it right now, then i did it because my life is a mess, and that is why everyone gets saved, so, i'll wait till my life is going right and then i'll get saved because i know its true, but im going to do it later".

So, you can know in your heart that Jesus is the Son of God, the Messiah, the Savior, and STILL not put you faith in what you know is true.

The worst aspect of that, is that you don't know when you are going to die..... READER.

So, don't wait.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The "witness of the Holy Spirit" or the "conviction of the Holy Spirit" is God talking to your heart, through your mind... from the outside of you.

He is not already in there, as that happens WHEN... you are born again.

God witnesses to our spirit that we are his children as he’s indwelling us, testifying with our spirit that we are Gods children, that’s the Spirit giving us birth into his Spirit...Spirit gives birth to spirit.

2 Corinthians 1:22
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

New Living Translation
and he has identified us as his own by placing the Holy Spirit in our hearts as the first installment that guarantees everything he has promised us.

English Standard Version
and who has also put his seal on us and given us his Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.

Berean Standard Bible
placed His seal on us, and put His Spirit in our hearts as a pledge of what is to come.
You are not "the temple of the Holy Spirit" first, and then you believe in Jesus, later.
We are brought to believe in Jesus initially, then God brings our spirit Alive, just explained that above,xx
So, someone like brightframe, or "carbon" on that other Forum..... falsely teaches that you are already born again, before you believed in Jesuis...
We initially believe in Jesus, then we receive the spiritual birth.xx
That's impossible.

Christ lives in NO SINNER............He only lives in you, after you are FORGIVEN...
He only indwells us , as you say when our sins are forgiven, then he gifts us the faith to believe in Jesus, who is the witness of the Holy Spirit...he makes us Born Again,xx
Why?

Because To be born Born again, God has to Join Himself to you, and He wont do that while you have your sin.
And the only way to get that sin removed is to Trust in Christ ..., so that GOD can then give you the new Birth.

My understanding I explained above,xx
You TRUST and THEN you receive the new Birth.

Calvinists have this idea that you are born again, first, then God forgiven your sin.

That can't happen.

The Holy Spirit reveals the Son of God.... to the hearer, to their heart, and that allows them to know the truth..
That doesn’t mean they are Born Again imo....you must receive the spiritual rebirth.
He reveals it to the heart.... "while we are yet a sinner".

This is..>"come to the knowledge of the Truth"....but that is not to have BELIEVING IT, yet.

So, to go from knowing its true, to BELIEVING Its true by FAITH...., is up to the person.....who knows its true.
I ask again..you can’t know God’s truth without the baptism in his Spirit, again I explained above.
This is why Hebrews 10 says..>"if you willfully sin"......... and that means if you KNOW its true and you still wont have it.. You still wont believe it., for whatever REASON you chose to not believe it.
You can’t know God, unless you have had your spirit reborn...a Born Again 100% knows they are Born Again from day one, there can be no doubt....because they have had their spirit Born Again of imperishable seed.xx
"well, if i become a Christian, i can't have any more fun" "but yes i know its true".
"well, if i become a Christian, i have to go to church all the time" "But yes i know its true".

I know someone who said...>"well, i am going to get saved , but not right now, because if i do it right now, then i did it because my life is a mess, and that is why everyone gets saved, so, i'll wait till my life is going right and then i'll get saved because i know its true, but im going to do it later".

So, you can know in your heart that Jesus is the Son of God, the Messiah, the Savior, and STILL not put you faith in what you know is true.

The worst aspect of that, is that you don't know when you are going to die..
I don’t understand any of this,xxx

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I know someone who is not me, yet lives in me?
Do you live with someone in your home? You know they are there, and they are not you. It's the same as that, except He lives inside. I don't see Him, but I know in all the same ways. Things are changed that I didn't change, He did. We interact with each other. Things like that.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok...what do you do yourself?
I don't know what you are asking here.
How can you receive the Spirit , just by initially believing in Jesus?

We believe initially...then what?
Believing in your heart, confessing with your mouth, receiving Jesus in the way the Jews largely didn't. Joel, and quoted by Peter, makes it really easy. And all who call upon the name of the LORD shall be saved.

We believe, we receive, He rebirths us. And then, we go on to grow up in Him.

Much love!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know what you are asking here.

Believing in your heart, confessing with your mouth, receiving Jesus in the way the Jews largely didn't. Joel, and quoted by Peter, makes it really easy. And all who call upon the name of the LORD shall be saved.

We believe, we receive, He rebirths us. And then, we go on to grow up in Him.

Much love!
Again that’s not how he says we are Born Again..

How can you believe in your heart...without the Spirit witnessing that to your spirit, as he’s indwelling our spirit he testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children...that’s how we know we have received the Spiritual rebirth.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
God witnesses to our spirit that we are his children

You are not his child until you are born again.

You are not a Son/Daughter of God, waiting for the Holy Spirit to come one day and say..."did you know you are born again already".

That is not how it works... Reader.

So, God is not witnessing to anyone that they are already born again, before they are born again........and you can't be born again, until you give God your faith in Christ - First...., and THEN, God gives the Believer the new birth.

Salvation is a Transaction in the Spirit that requires you do something.

You have to BELIEVE IN JESUS< first, and then God gives you... Salvation, The New Birth, Eternal Life., as "the GIFT of Salvation">

as he’s indwelling us, testifying with our spirit that we are Gods children, that’s the Spirit giving us birth into his Spirit...Spirit gives birth to spirit.

The Holy Spirit does not come to someone and say...>"ok, you are born again, and now you need to Believe in Jesus".

That can't happen.

We are brought to believe in Jesus initially, then God brings our spirit Alive, just explained that above,xx

The unbeliever is given the opportunity to Trust in Christ.

Hell is filled with those who knew the Truth.... , but would not have it.

They would now.

"too late".

We initially believe in Jesus, then we receive the spiritual birth.xx

Thats it.

He only indwells us , as you say when our sins are forgiven, then he gifts us the faith to believe in Jesus,

God can't forgive you until you give Him your faith.

You take Jesus by Faith, first, and then God gives you the new Birth.
Its up to you.
God does not choose for you.
He only accepts what you CHOOSE.

People have this idea that God is causing you to go to Hell, and in fact, He is only allowing you to end up there after you die... by not choosing to go to heaven.

"Choose Christ by faith, = Heaven"

"reject Christ" is the road to Hell, and people chose this, and ended up there today, and are now wishing to God they had chosen Christ all those SUNDAY's for 40 yrs when they KNEW to Believe, as the Holy Spirit had revealed the truth to them.

"maybe later"
"Maybe next Sunday".
"Maybe next Easter"

"I will, but just not today, not right now"... "the game is on and i have to get to the Big Screen and see if my Team wins the Super Bowl"

"Catch you later Jesus"......>"See ya.... Holy Spirit".....>"Thanks for stopping by again"..

I ask again..you can’t know God’s truth without the baptism in his Spirit, again I explained above.

God does not give the new birth to an unbeliever, and then He causes them to Believe.

That's impossible.

You can't be born again, before you have Trusted in Christ, as its that initial TRUST that causes God to give you the new birth.

When i preach the Gospel, im offering the Truth to "all who will believe it and receive it".

So, in a room of 5000, a Preacher is preaching The Gospel ...and some will believe it by faith, some have already believed, and some know it to be true, but will wait"...

"maybe next time".

"maybe tonight when i come back for the Sunday Night Service'.

"Yes i know it true, but, i'll do it LATER". 'I have time, i'm still young".

Last edited:
Reactions: Grailhunter

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you live with someone in your home? You know they are there, and they are not you. It's the same as that, except He lives inside. I don't see Him, but I know in all the same ways. Things are changed that I didn't change, He did. We interact with each other. Things like that.

Much love!
Ok, so that’s what you believe...do you know you are Born Again 100%?xx

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can you believe in your heart...without the Spirit witnessing that to your spirit,
All I can tell you is what the Bible says. And what I've been telling you is what it says.

To as many as believed, to them He gave the right to become children of God. Belief is before rebirth.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Therefore we all go round in circles, repeating the same thing over and over.
The solution is that we all accept the plain sayings of the Scriptures. If it says that those he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of Christ, then that's what it says, no more, no less. And it doesn't say He predestined anyone for rebirth. It does say that rebirth is after belief.

If we both accept the plain sayings of these passages we will be in complete agreement.

Much love!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Hi Brother..please explain what you mean when you say you can choose another option?xx

free will is the God given ability and right that we all have to make CHOICES.

We can choose whatever we WANT.

I can choose to keep coming back to this forum, or not.
I can choose to write a Thread or 2, today, or CHOOSE to do it, on Saturday, 4-6-24

I can choose to go to the Gym or not, ...

When i was 16 i chose Christ.. and God saved me because i chose Jesus as my Savior. I BELIEVED.

He didnt cause me to Choose Jesus, as then i would have no Choice, and that is Not FAITH.

Faith, is TRUST.
Christian Faith is to BELIEVE In Jesus and that is a CHOICE we made.

Reactions: Grailhunter

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You are not his child until you are born again.

You are not a Son/Daughter of God, waiting for the Holy Spirit to come one day and say..."did you know you are born again already".
The Holy Spirit comes completely out of the blue as his word says, he’s like the wind...

You never know what time or day he will Spirit gives birth to spirit.
That is not how it works... Reader.

So, God is not witnessing to anyone that they are already born again, before they are born again........and you can't be born again, until you give God your faith, and THEN, He gives the Believer the new birth.
No one said he did......he witnesses his truth to our spirit as he’s indwelling us...witnessing as he’s indwelling us that we are Gods children, our spirit recognises his straight away....it’s a reunion of his Spirit to our spirit, we are reconciled back to God via his Spirit.
Salvation is a Transaction in the Spirit that requires you do something.
The Spiritual birth is carried out by God, you wouldn’t know how to do that....you can’t see the spiritual birth, only after we have received that miracle, mind blowing rebirth.
You have to BELIEVE IN JESUS< first, and then God give you... Salvation, The New Birth, Eternal Life.

You initially believe in Jesus, the God gifts us God given faith, to know in our spirit that Jesus is who he says he is...as we have the witness of the Holy Spirit, who testifies with our spirit that we are Gods childe.

The Holy Spirit does not come to someone and say...>"ok, you are born again, and now you need to Believe in Jesus".

That can't happen.
No one said he did..you simply aren’t understanding what I’m saying..
The unbeliever is given the opportunity to Trust in Christ.

Hell is filled with those who knew the Truth.... , but would not have it.

They would now.

"too late".

Thats it.
I don’t agree with any of that,xx
God can't forgive you until you give Him your faith.
It’s Gods will that we are Born Again...how can you give him your faith, without receiving it from him first?

God initially brings us to believe in Jesus ......God is the one who planned from the beginning who he brings to Christ....you can’t choose God.
You take Jesus by Faith, first, and then God gives you the new Birth.
Its up to you.
God does not choose for you.
He only accepts what you CHOOSE.

People have this idea that God is causing you to go to Hell, and in fact, He is only allowing you to end up by not choosing to go to heaven.

"Choose Christ by faith, = Heaven"

"reject Christ" is the road to Hell, and people chose this, and ended up there today, and are now wishing to God they had chosen Christ all those SUNDAY's for 40 yrs when they KNEW to Believe, as the Holy Spirit had revealed the truth to them.

"maybe later"
"Maybe next Sunday".
"Maybe next Easter"

"I will, but just not today, not right now"...

God does not give the new birth to an unbeliever, and then He causes them to Believe.

That's impossible.

You can't be born again, before you have Trusted in Christ, as its that initial TRUST that causes God to give you the new birth.

When i preach the Gospel, im offering the Truth to "all who will believe it and receive it".

So, in a room of 5000, some will believe it by faith, some have already believed, and some know it to be true, but will wait"...

"maybe next time".

"maybe tonight when i come back for the Sunday Service'.

"Yes i know it true, but, i'll do it LATER".
I think I’ve covered what I believe...xx