Two Huge Scams For Women: Consumerism and Feminism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's start with Consumerism.

Marketers know that women are more likely to buy stuff so they've convinced us that we need makeup products to be attractive to men (we don't) and that a "basic" wardrobe includes at least 30 different articles of clothing.

I fell for this scam in my own life. I had a huge closet full of clothes I never wore and thought it was normal to shop as a hobby. Buying stuff changed my mood so I just kept accumulating things I didn't really want. I thought it was normal for women to act this way. It wasn't until I discovered minimalism that I realized Im a lot happier with less stuff and that shopping would never produce any real contentment in me.

Feminism has a lot of lies for women. The lie that you can balance a full time career, marriage, and children if you just try hard enough. The lie that staying at home is a waste of a woman's capabilities. The lie that submitting to a husband is demeaning. The lie that you need college and career experience no matter what because you can't trust a man to provide for you. The lie that you can be loud, super obese, and abrasive but high quality men should be attracted to you anyway. The lie that men should have no expectations in marriage or they are sexist. The lie that you can be promiscuous with no consequences. So many lies and many of them I believed.

But Titus 2:4-5 calls women to be keepers at home so the way of Christ is not blasphemed. I have rejected all forms of feminism because it never served my interest and it is in direct contradiction to the Bible's teachings.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The lie that you can be loud, super obese, and abrasive but high quality men should be attracted to you anyway
So a high quality man wouldn't be attracted to a super obese woman? Do you think all men are attracted to thin women, or normal weight women? I've seen men who marry large women. Do you have a cut off point for what is not a lie? What is the acceptable weight limit?

The lie that you can balance a full time career, marriage, and children if you just try hard enough.
What if you have to work and be the breadwinner because hubby turned out not to be the man you thought he was or he is ill and you have to go to work? You are forced to balance. There should be no blanket condemnation.
Usu I like the stuff you write, but this is pretty biased. I'm sure you are stay at home, and that is cool, but it may not be something that all women can do.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just noting~
Shopping is geared and targeted toward women. And the clothing….ha basic clothing sometimes twice as much the cost as it compares to mens basics.
The ridiculous “designer” clothing in the billion dollar maket of runway “outfits”…. models walking in ridiculous footwear…I look more at it as a comedy routine than glamor.

I agree natural is a womans beauty and fake, fake, fake is just fake and probably matches their personality…lol

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The lie that staying at home is a waste of a woman's capabilities.
Let you introduce you to my friends Patrick and Maria. I knew Pat first as a co-worker, then as a golfing buddy. I met Maria later as a co-worker. Maria was an engineer and one of the best technical project managers I've ever worked with. Both are Christians. When their first child was born and Maria's maternity leave ran out, the decision was pretty easy. Maria earned twice what Pat did, was really good at her job, and loved what she was doing. Pat was stuck in dead-end job he had little enthusiasm for. So, Pat became a happy stay-at-home dad (with a little help from Maria's mom), and Maria continued on with what's been a very successful career. (Though becoming a stay-at-home dad effectively put an end to Pat's being my golfing buddy.) It worked for them.

Gosh, I miss them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cassandra

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The lie that submitting to a husband is demeaning.
This one I need to need to ask for your understanding. To my wife's first husband, "submission" meant she was required to put up with being called demeaning names, being thrown into walls, and being kicked with steel-toed boots. That sort of thing used to be a lot more common than people want to admit, and feminism understandably reacted against that kind of ungodly nonsense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cassandra

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This one I need to need to ask for your understanding. To my wife's first husband, "submission" meant she was required to put up with being called demeaning names, being thrown into walls, and being kicked with steel-toed boots. That sort of thing used to be a lot more common than people want to admit, and feminism understandably reacted against that kind of ungodly nonsense.
I don't think that you need feminism to go against abuses in marriage. You called it ungodly nonsense. That's what it is and if the police need to be involved, then so be it.

In the past, Godly men would lay sticks outside of an abusers door as a clear warning of what would happen if the abuse continued.

Ultimately, it's the patriarchal system that feminists hate so much that has ingrained in us that women need protection from that kind of behavior. Many feminists say that gender differences are just social construct and that we are no different from men. By that logic, abused women should just simply learn to fight back against male abusers and not expect outside help.

Reactions: Daxom11

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So a high quality man wouldn't be attracted to a super obese woman?

No.

Do you think all men are attracted to thin women, or normal weight women?
The fallacy of super precision. ‘All’ or ‘exact line’ is immaterial. It used to be that people were rated on 10 point system. Most people realized you were pretty much stuck to your # within a small tolerance.

Now women who are 3’s think men who are 9’s should lust for them. Fat chance - pun intended. Not a lot of humility in your post Casandra.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What? I was a single mother. Don't need humility to post that. It was what it was. Not everyone can stay home. Pity the poor minds who dont see past themselves.

I also thought your blanket condemnation of someone who is obese (who by the way do have husbands who love them) was pretty snotz and aloof.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What? I was a single mother. Don't need humility to post that. It was what it was. Not everyone can stay home. Pity the poor minds who dont see past themselves.

I also thought your blanket condemnation of someone who is obese
Some things deserve blanket condemnations. General rules exist and they exist for a reason. (War is bad) Exceptions don't make rules. (Your Uncle Harry made a fortune in the war). Being obese is not desired or healthy. It's amazing how feminists are so arrogant that they think responsibility is a word that only applies to men - especially in relationships.

What I wrote has nothing to do with you or single mothers. (Sorry you are taking this personally)However, now that you mentioned it, single mothers are also not desired. Feminists have such a sense of entitlement that any expectation of them is deemed hateful. Because they are not living in the real world but some Barbie fantasyland, reality ends up crushing them. This is why feminists aren't happy and why the OP brought it up.

I posted a vid in another thread where a women who might be a 3 on her based day assessed herself as being a solid 9.8. There's confidence and then there is self-delusion.

Needing humility and having humility are not the same thing.