Two Ways of thinking about OSAS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
God said in Hebrews 8 He will write His laws on our hearts and minds"..they will be my people and I will be their God...
If you do not have his commandments written on your heart and mind..you should question who you belong to shouldn't you!

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heretoeternity said:
Stan J and Dco..yes we are not under the law of Moses or Mosaic law you are right..the sacriicial, feast, circumcision laws are gone Acts 15 with the exception of 4
This has no bearing on God's law, the Ten commandments, of which we are all under...Jesus says if, Paul says it, James says it, Peter says it, apostle John says.....so suggest you read you Bibles and get up to speed on this issue.
Paul, Peter and James never stated that we as adopted sons of God through Jesus are under the law, and by that, I mean the curse of it. Gods law IS the law of Moses being referred to in the new testament. It doesn't differentiate any aspect of it when it states on no uncertain terms that Jesus fulfilled all of it, and that includes the Ten Commandments, of which no man has ever obeyed down to the letter but Jesus. If you are still under curse of the law, then you are still under Sinai covenant and are henceforth not saved.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
T1m0thy said:
All men will be judged according to their "works" has stated in numerous passages of scripture. Mt 16:27, James 2:18, 2:20. 2:24, 2:26, Rev 2:26, 20:12 and 20:13. However, once one is saved by grace and their sins wash away through the blood of Jesus, they are then filled with His Holy Spirit guiding them in God's righteousness to "good works". Jesus said He would loose nothing the Father has giving Him... MT 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Following God's righteousness given through His Holy Spirit is how one knows they are saved. Please comment should you feel I have misinterpreted. God bless
To sum this all up for those who are having a hard time understanding what it means to be saved. All men of the second ressurection will stand before God to be judged according to their works. Once you repent of your sins and accept that Jesus is Lord and saviour, you are no longer under the curse of the law and heceforth will not be judged according to your works, because your sins are atoned for by the blood of Christ, making you of the first Ressurection.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
heretoeternity said:
Stan J and Dco..yes we are not under the law of Moses or Mosaic law you are right..the sacriicial, feast, circumcision laws are gone Acts 15 with the exception of 4This has no bearing on God's law, the Ten commandments, of which we are all under...Jesus says if, Paul says it, James says it, Peter says it, apostle John says.....so suggest you read you Bibles and get up to speed on this issue.
The Ten Commandments were the basis of the Mosaic law and the Mosaic law what is the basis of the Covenant and as the old Covenant was made Obsolete and has now disappeared how exactly do you figure or under the Ten Commandments? Paul didn't say it James didn't say it he didn't say it the Apostle John didn't say it so how about showing us where you think they did?

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Paul, Peter and James never stated that we as adopted sons of God through Jesus are under the law, and by that, I mean the curse of it. Gods law IS the law of Moses being referred to in the new testament. It doesn't differentiate any aspect of it when it states on no uncertain terms that Jesus fulfilled all of it, and that includes the Ten Commandments, of which no man has ever obeyed down to the letter but Jesus. If you are still under curse of the law, then you are still under Sinai covenant and are henceforth not saved.
The curse of the law? lol....you are so confused between the Mosaic law..the sacrificial system which was a curse and the ten commandments, the law of love, as Apostle James refers to it....Apostle John said in 1st John, the law ie ten commandments are not burdensome...But it you do not want to follow it, it means you do not have it written on your heart and mind as per Hebrew 8 and 10 and as it says are not one of God's people..then who do you belong to?

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
heretoeternity said:
The curse of the law? lol....you are so confused between the Mosaic law..the sacrificial system which was a curse and the ten commandments, the law of love, as Apostle James refers to it....Apostle John said in 1st John, the law ie ten commandments are not burdensome...But it you do not want to follow it, it means you do not have it written on your heart and mind as per Hebrew 8 and 10 and as it says are not one of God's people..then who do you belong to?
Exactly what Scriptures are you referring to here?

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Exactly what Scriptures are you referring to here?
Read the ones I presented throughout this post, and weep...obviously the ludicrous agrument the ten commandments are without effect better read the Gospels again, and the words of Jesus as well as all the Apostles writings...satan has you confused...

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heretoeternity said:
Read the ones I presented throughout this post, and weep...obviously the ludicrous agrument the ten commandments are without effect better read the Gospels again, and the words of Jesus as well as all the Apostles writings...satan has you confused...
I fail to see what those scriptures have to do with them NOT being fulfilled. We know what you are talking about, and it implies nothing about my salvation being justified by my ability to follow the ten commandments. Its simply stating that love fulfills all ten, which is something that can be done because of your faith, nothing to do with your will to do so. All are under sin and are henceforth under the curse of death until the appointed time of redemption, no matter how holier than thou you try to project yourself to the outside world. You're not fooling me, and you sure as hell ain't fooling God.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Love is the basis of the Ten commandments...Love of God, and Love of you neighbour, as per Jesus in the Gospel of Matthew....They are a condition of our hearts...if one cannot follow the ten commandments, they do not have love of God or love of neighbour..

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
..if one cannot follow the ten commandments, they do not have love of God or love of neighbour..
Its because of Gods love for mankind that He gave us grace, it is because of Jesus's love for mankind that He willingly went to the cross for us, so that we would not be condemned by our sin because God knew that no man would EVER be able to keep the law, not even you. and so it was that Jesus

Act 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain

Was slain for us

That is why in revelation it says

Rev_5:3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
Rev_5:4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.

But you somehow seem to think that the law will perfect you, It is by grace we are saved, through faith not by our works because it makes people boast.

You say it cant save you yet it is exactly what you are trying to do, prove yourself worthy by your works.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Revelation 22 "behold I come quickly and my reward is with me for every man according to his works"...
and Matthew 7 Jesus says again "depart from me I never knew you you who practice LAWLESSNESS"....
get used to hearing those words if you cannot follow His ten commandments.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Revelation 22..Jesus said "behold I come quickly and my reward is with me for every man according to his works" and in Matthew 7 "depart from me I never knew you, you who practice LAWLESSNESS".....
Better get accustomed to those words if you refuse to follow His ten commandments (law of God).

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
heretoeternity said:
The point is you don't show any except to refer to a book or a chapter but never a verse and it's not my job to try to track down the verses you allude to. If you know what you're talking about then demonstrated but if you don't know what you're talking about then continue to post in your normal manner and that will confirm what we pretty much all see already.
The only confusion I see is someone who claims the Bible says something but can't quote it.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
heretoeternity said:
Revelation 22..Jesus said "behold I come quickly and my reward is with me for every man according to his works" and in Matthew 7 "depart from me I never knew you, you who practice LAWLESSNESS".....
Better get accustomed to those words if you refuse to follow His ten commandments (law of God).
So you figure quickly means over two thousand years? You obviously need to get away from the King James version because the word there is not 'lawlessness', the word there is 'lawbreakers' and as such Jesus was referring to pretenders who claimed to be under the law but never were. Remember he was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel and as such the context of his sermons was always in the context of the written law.
I don't refuse to follow his Ten Commandments I just refuse to accept that we are bound by them under the New Covenant. I refuse to be bound by the obsolescence of the old Covenant. It didn't work for the Jews back then so why do you think it'll work for you now? Read Hebrews 8 and learn something.

T1m0thy

Aug 25, 2016
Tasmania Australia
Dcopymope said:
To sum this all up for those who are having a hard time understanding what it means to be saved. All men of the second ressurection will stand before God to be judged according to their works. Once you repent of your sins and accept that Jesus is Lord and saviour, you are no longer under the curse of the law and heceforth will not be judged according to your works, because your sins are atoned for by the blood of Christ, making you of the first Resurrection.
God bless you for your assistance. It is my belief those who are going to heaven because Jesus has forgiven their sins – will discover that God will judge their works too! But this judgment is to evaluate the “spiritual works” we did in this life. It is not for punishment but recompense. They will go to heaven because of Jesus’ forgiveness...I agree with all your other points.
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. 2 Cor. 5:10.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Apostle Paul...shall we sin more so grace abounds...God forbid...sin is according to Apostle John "transgression of God's law" 1st John...so if you do not follow God's commandments, what does John call you? Do you think those who transgress God's Holy law, the ten commandments will inherit the eternal kingdom?

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
I fail to see what those scriptures have to do with them NOT being fulfilled. We know what you are talking about, and it implies nothing about my salvation being justified by my ability to follow the ten commandments. Its simply stating that love fulfills all ten, which is something that can be done because of your faith, nothing to do with your will to do so. All are under sin and are henceforth under the curse of death until the appointed time of redemption, no matter how holier than thou you try to project yourself to the outside world. You're not fooling me, and you sure as hell ain't fooling God
[/quot

The ten commandments are love...Love of God and love of your neighbour...if you cannot follow the moral law, how can you say you have love? I will give you a clue..you cannot!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
T1m0thy said:
I also agree with your statement. You wrote this to me, and your reasoning for doing so is?
It was more a public comment than private. Though myself and others are deliberately accused of teaching otherwise, it is my firm belief that anyone who thinks they can earn salvation essentially believes that 2,000 years ago, God looked down on Earth and said, "This sacrifice of My Son to satisfy the heavenly law's demand for justice for its violation seems to Me as I gaze down upon Calvary as wholly adequate............
...........but I need a little something more."

In commenting on why Jesus' first advent passed wholly unnoticed by the people to whom He had come, one inspired writer wrote in that Christian classic:

"The principle that man can save himself by his own works lay at the foundation of every heathen religion; it had now become the principle of the Jewish religion." (Desire of Ages, pp. 35)

Works are the evidence that we have been saved, not the means by which we obtain salvation, but since a lack of an obedient life exposes many for who they are, the Bible is re-interpreted to teach OSAS (so that sin may be retained in one hand along with a punched ticket to heaven in the other).

Status
Not open for further replies.