Tzitzit and Tallit, the Command to Wear a Four Cornered Garment with Fringes

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Favor does not nullify Torah, for without Torah you no longer walk under favor, but under wrath, for walking without Torah is lawlessness. Yet he who walks under the airflow of God fulfills the Torah, yet in neither case is the Law of God discarded.

You are fully confused my friend. You are living in a world where it is supposed that grace is not available. You have the tail wagging the dog. The law was a tutor until Christ...then we enter into Christ.

Galatians 3:24 New King James Version (NKJV)
24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

cgneustar

Jun 4, 2019
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
cgneustar....it is where our emphasis is that reveals our core.

If your emphasis is fulfilling some matters of Torah while discarding others than your emphasis is no different than the emphasis of the Pharisees who fulfilled certain matters of the Torah while discarding others. You must fulfill the entire Torah, through belief in Yeshuah, to then be justified, for belief without obedience does not yield justification, which is why even Abraham, who is the father of belief, was commended for obeying the Torah even before it was given to Moses in written form.

cgneustar

Jun 4, 2019
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are fully confused my friend. You are living in a world where it is supposed that grace is not available. You have the tail wagging the dog. The law was a tutor until Christ...then we enter into Christ.

Galatians 3:24 New King James Version (NKJV)
24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

The Torah is indeed the tutor, but if you say, "I no longer need to listen to the tutor", then not only have you discarded the tutor, but also the Messiah that the tutor points to.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Torah is indeed the tutor, but if you say, "I no longer need to listen to the tutor", then not only have you discarded the tutor, but also the Messiah that the tutor points to.

That's not the point of a tutor. I don't use training wheels on my bike either. Will I be condemned for it? Don't bring your religious condemnation here. All your judgments will fall back on you.

cgneustar

Jun 4, 2019
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not the point of a tutor. I don't use training wheels on my bike either. Will I be condemned for it? Don't bring your religious condemnation here. All your judgments will fall back on you.

The tutor teaches us what sin is, hence "in the Torah is the knowledge of sin", through its commands, yet if you discard the tutor, you have discarded the knowledge of sin, and therefore cannot repent of all sin, which will thus lead to your own condemnation, that is why many believers will be cast out, because of "lawlessness", because they discard the Law of God that defines everything that is sin. This is not difficult to understand.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obeying the Torah is a matter of cleaning the outside and also the inside, for the Torah not only says "you shall not commit adultery", but also "you shall not covet your neighbor's wife", which are matters of the both inward and also outward man.

Jesus said if the inside of the cup is clean, the outside just will be as well.

Reactions: Episkopos

cgneustar

Jun 4, 2019
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said if the inside of the cup is clean, the outside just will be as well.

A heart that says "I do not need to obey the Torah" is a heart that is unclean, not clean. You deceive yourself into thinking you are clean by discarding the Torah that defines what unclean is.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A heart that says "I do not need to obey the Torah" is a heart that is unclean, not clean. You deceive yourself into thinking you are clean by discarding the Torah that defines what unclean is.

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you clean the outside of the cup and of the dish, but inside they are full of robbery and self-indulgence.

cgneustar

Jun 4, 2019
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you clean the outside of the cup and of the dish, but inside they are full of robbery and self-indulgence.

And woe to you Gentiles who claim to clean the inside of the cup, yet you discard the entire Law of God, making you unclean on the outside and also on the inside.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And woe to you Gentiles who claim to clean the inside of the cup, yet you discard the entire Law of God, making you unclean on the outside and also on the inside.

I'm accustomed to being answered with a verse when I give a verse, not some made up answer. o_O:p

cgneustar

Jun 4, 2019
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm accustomed to being answered with a verse when I give a verse, not some made up answer. o_O:p

Hear, you earth: I am bringing disaster on this people, the fruit of their schemes, because they have not listened to my words and have rejected my Torah.
Jeremiah 6:19

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But now we have been released from the law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the spirit and not in boldness of the letter.

cgneustar

Jun 4, 2019
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But now we have been released from the law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the spirit and not in boldness of the letter.

if you still sin then you are still under Torah, for the power of sin is the Torah.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hear, you earth: I am bringing disaster on this people, the fruit of their schemes, because they have not listened to my words and have rejected my Torah.
Jeremiah 6:19

The word became flesh and dwelt among us.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Judaizing" is not teaching the Torah, which is still binding, it is teaching matters of Torah that are no longer required, like circumcision of the flesh and observing Shabbaths.

If circumcision and sabbath-keeping is no longer required, on what scripture are you basing your belief that tefilin, tzitzit and tallit still are?

You err in your understanding of Torah, and rather than understand that certain matters of Torah are no longer required, you have discarded the entire Torah, and have subsequently become lawless, to your own demise.

Not to my own demise, for there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1, John 5:24).

Being under favor does not nullify Torah, hence, "do we then nullify the Torah by this belief? By no means, we uphold Torah".

We uphold the law to the unbeliever as a schoolmaster to lead them to Christ; for by the law is the knowledge of sin (Romans 3:20): and the law also has the power to convert the soul (Psalms 19:7)

Obeying the Torah is a matter of cleaning the outside and also the inside, for the Torah not only says "you shall not commit adultery", but also "you shall not covet your neighbor's wife", which are matters of the both inward and also outward man.

If you have ever lusted after a woman in your heart you are guilty of committing adultery; and therefore you have not kept the Torah perfectly and come short of the glory of the Lord. In other words, you have sinned. And the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

You must fulfill the entire Torah, through belief in Yeshuah, to then be justified,

Rom 3:20, Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Gal 2:16, Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Act 15:1, And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.
Act 15:2, When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question.
Act 15:3, And being brought on their way by the church, they passed through Phenice and Samaria, declaring the conversion of the Gentiles: and they caused great joy unto all the brethren.
Act 15:4, And when they were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the church, and of the apostles and elders, and they declared all things that God had done with them.
Act 15:5, But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.
Act 15:6, And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.
Act 15:7, And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8, And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9, And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10, Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11, But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the Greek word is "anomia", which means LAW-LESSNESS, for the Greek word "nomia" means law. Not only do you reject the obvious truth, but you also seek to find mistranslations to twist and discard the truth.
I am kjv-only, so I will stick with the accurate meaning of it, "iniquity".

Every man thinks himself to be a scholar in the Greek and Hebrew these days. But if you delve into it, you can only be an amateur at best.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would I make it for you if you refuse to believe that you must wear it?
I would wear it for the sake of being great in the kingdom; not because I have to.

But you don't want to make it for me so you are laying on me a burden that I am unable to bear, since you seem to be teaching that this is necessary for salvation (and that would also limit salvation to orthodox Jews, many of whom do not even believe in Jesus Christ). What makes you think I want to go to the trouble of making tzitzit and tallit and also be identified as a Jew rather than a Christian? You don't even want to make it for me and yet you expect me to make it because you say I am condemned without it. But I know my Bible better than that; and will not be deceived by your attempts at Judaizing.

You are preaching a different gospel.

Take a wild look at Galatians 1:6-9.

God may have mercy on you if you repent.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Torah commands that the people of God wear a garment of four corners with fringes. This command is for both men and women, and was given to set apart the people of God from all other ordinary people on earth, and to serve as a reminder of the commands of God, and also to serve as a visible sign that someone is in obedience to the commands of God. The Messiah also fulfilled this command of the Torah and wore fringes. Read my bible study concerning the fringes, which are also called tzitzit.

http://www.wisdomofgod.us/2019/04/2...d-to-wear-fringes-on-a-four-cornered-garment/

tzitzit_english.jpg
Symbolically, who are these people:
Rev. 6[9] And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
[10] And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
[11] And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
Ans. Israel of FAITH, who lived and died under the OLD Covenant, who had waited in faith for "The Promise", but were not alive, when the Messiah/Jesus appeared in the flesh.
However, on the Day of Pentecost (Acts 2) they all received the Gift of God's Holy Spirit (white robes).

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
^ See also Daniel 12:12, to understand that Day of Pentecost (Acts 2) was fulfilled.
[12] Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.
BTW, the following promise of Jesus, is also given to Israel, since that Day of Pentecost:
Mat. 23[39] For I say unto you, Ye shall not see [perceive] me henceforth, til ye say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Today, this very day, is that promise of Mat. 23:39 being fulfilled in YOUR ears!!