Tzitzit and Tallit, the Command to Wear a Four Cornered Garment with Fringes

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And woe to you Gentiles who claim to clean the inside of the cup, yet you discard the entire Law of God, making you unclean on the outside and also on the inside.

The law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. I think that's in Romans.

We are free from the law that says you sin, you die. We are certainly though, not free from the law of the Spirit in us.

Gods word is Spirit because God is Spirit. It is the spirit that a avails (helps) a man. The flesh profits him nothing.

It is what comes from inside of a man, from his heart, that defiles him. So sin springs up from inside him, the inside of the cup. He has already sinned before he does anything outwardly that men can see. But God, who sees the thoughts and intents of the heart, judges correctly. Men only judge outwardly because they cannot see the inside.

So sin is a given. Some men's sins proceed to the outside after they happen on the inside. Other men's sins are hidden inside and will be revealed at a later day.

Those who Jesus had harsh words for were the ones who would judge others from outward appearances while not understanding they did the same things inside. This is how Jesus said murder begins in a man's heart and that if he hates his brother, he has already committed murder.

This means that if I judge a murderer worthy of death, while I murder inside where it's hidden from men, I will be judged in the same manner that I judged him.

So you see how serious the matter is. If I say I can see, but I really can't, Its more serious. If I didn't say I could see, I would be better off than to say I could see and yet use unequal weights to measure. God detests unequal weights.

cgneustar

Jun 4, 2019
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word became flesh and dwelt among us.

And the Messiah taught, "I did not come to abolish the Torah" and "until heaven and earth passes away, not one jot or one tittle will pass away from the Torah". You err in your understanding of the truth, and by rejecting the Torah you also subsequently reject the Messiah, for he taught obedience to the Torah.

cgneustar

Jun 4, 2019
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If circumcision and sabbath-keeping is no longer required, on what scripture are you basing your belief that tefilin, tzitzit and tallit still are?

Not to my own demise, for there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1, John 5:24).

We uphold the law to the unbeliever as a schoolmaster to lead them to Christ; for by the law is the knowledge of sin (Romans 3:20): and the law also has the power to convert the soul (Psalms 19:7)

If you have ever lusted after a woman in your heart you are guilty of committing adultery; and therefore you have not kept the Torah perfectly and come short of the glory of the Lord. In other words, you have sinned. And the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Rom 3:20, Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Gal 2:16, Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Act 15:1, And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.
Act 15:2, When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question.
Act 15:3, And being brought on their way by the church, they passed through Phenice and Samaria, declaring the conversion of the Gentiles: and they caused great joy unto all the brethren.
Act 15:4, And when they were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the church, and of the apostles and elders, and they declared all things that God had done with them.
Act 15:5, But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.
Act 15:6, And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.
Act 15:7, And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8, And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9, And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10, Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11, But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Circumcision of the flesh was the sign of the covenant of Abraham, and resting on the Shabbath was the sign of the old covenant of Moses, whereas circumcision of the heart is the sign of the new covenant of the Messiah. These are some reasons why these very specific requirements of the Torah are no longer required under the new covenant. And the appointed times of the Torah are no longer required to be observed under the new covenant because they are fulfilled differently, hence the reason the Messiah died on the day and hour the Passover lamb was sacrificed, to fulfill the Passover, which is why these particular commands are called "shadows" of the Torah. Whereas all other commands that were plainly given must still be obeyed plainly, like "you shall not murder", and "you shall bind the words of God on your forehead". The Torah Has Not Been Abolished | Wisdom of God

cgneustar

Jun 4, 2019
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am kjv-only, so I will stick with the accurate meaning of it, "iniquity".

Every man thinks himself to be a scholar in the Greek and Hebrew these days. But if you delve into it, you can only be an amateur at best.

You don't need to be a scholar to look up an interlinear and look up the Strong's definition of each original word. You deliberately blind yourself in mistranslation to not arrive at the truth that you do not want to arrive at. It is despicable.

cgneustar

Jun 4, 2019
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would wear it for the sake of being great in the kingdom; not because I have to.

But you don't want to make it for me so you are laying on me a burden that I am unable to bear, since you seem to be teaching that this is necessary for salvation (and that would also limit salvation to orthodox Jews, many of whom do not even believe in Jesus Christ). What makes you think I want to go to the trouble of making tzitzit and tallit and also be identified as a Jew rather than a Christian? You don't even want to make it for me and yet you expect me to make it because you say I am condemned without it. But I know my Bible better than that; and will not be deceived by your attempts at Judaizing.

You are preaching a different gospel.

Take a wild look at Galatians 1:6-9.

God may have mercy on you if you repent.

Making tallit and tzitzit is a burden you are unable to bear? I perceive that the liar is you, not me, who is telling you the truth regarding the command of God. I wonder how many of you will weep in sorrow in the day or judgment, or how many of you will gnash your teeth in anger in the day you are all confronted for refusing to obey the Law of God. You view the commands of God as dumb, which is why you make a mockery of it, not perceiving that even through the least of the these commands is the way God sets apart his people. But you refuse to set yourselves apart, and think that your mere belief sets you apart, even though you remain in lawlessness like those who do not believe. You are a foolish generation, devoid of knowledge and understanding, and you are also stubborn, which causes you to remain in your darkened understanding.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the Messiah taught, "I did not come to abolish the Torah" and "until heaven and earth passes away, not one jot or one tittle will pass away from the Torah". You err in your understanding of the truth, and by rejecting the Torah you also subsequently reject the Messiah, for he taught obedience to the Torah.
Circumcision of the flesh was the sign of the covenant of Abraham, and resting on the Shabbath was the sign of the old covenant of Moses, whereas circumcision of the heart is the sign of the new covenant of the Messiah. These are some reasons why these very specific requirements of the Torah are no longer required under the new covenant. And the appointed times of the Torah are no longer required to be observed under the new covenant because they are fulfilled differently, hence the reason the Messiah died on the day and hour the Passover lamb was sacrificed, to fulfill the Passover, which is why these particular commands are called "shadows" of the Torah. Whereas all other commands that were plainly given must still be obeyed plainly, like "you shall not murder", and "you shall bind the words of God on your forehead". The Torah Has Not Been Abolished | Wisdom of God

So you DO understand some of the spirit of the words. You DO understand that He fulfilled the laws pertaining to Passover. And you at least seem to understand that the laws for Sabbath rest are fulfilled now by our rest in Him, in spirit. But you don't seem to understand that ALL the law was fulfilled by Him and that by His Spirit He makes us law abiding in spirit, and that if the inside of the cup is clean the outside just will be as well.

cgneustar

Jun 4, 2019
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Symbolically, who are these people:
Rev. 6[9] And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
[10] And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
[11] And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
Ans. Israel of FAITH, who lived and died under the OLD Covenant, who had waited in faith for "The Promise", but were not alive, when the Messiah/Jesus appeared in the flesh.
However, on the Day of Pentecost (Acts 2) they all received the Gift of God's Holy Spirit (white robes).

Those who died in the 1,260 years of persecution under the rule of the Roman popes. I explain this in my bible study regarding the 7 seals The Fulfillment of the Seven Seals of Revelation, and When the Sun Turned to Darkness and the Moon Became like Blood | Wisdom of God .

cgneustar

Jun 4, 2019
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. I think that's in Romans.

We are free from the law that says you sin, you die. We are certainly though, not free from the law of the Spirit in us.

Gods word is Spirit because God is Spirit. It is the spirit that a avails (helps) a man. The flesh profits him nothing.

It is what comes from inside of a man, from his heart, that defiles him. So sin springs up from inside him, the inside of the cup. He has already sinned before he does anything outwardly that men can see. But God, who sees the thoughts and intents of the heart, judges correctly. Men only judge outwardly because they cannot see the inside.

So sin is a given. Some men's sins proceed to the outside after they happen on the inside. Other men's sins are hidden inside and will be revealed at a later day.

Those who Jesus had harsh words for were the ones who would judge others from outward appearances while not understanding they did the same things inside. This is how Jesus said murder begins in a man's heart and that if he hates his brother, he has already committed murder.

This means that if I judge a murderer worthy of death, while I murder inside where it's hidden from men, I will be judged in the same manner that I judged him.

So you see how serious the matter is. If I say I can see, but I really can't, Its more serious. If I didn't say I could see, I would be better off than to say I could see and yet use unequal weights to measure. God detests unequal weights.

You cannot become free from the Torah unless you become free from sin, but even then, when you become free from sin, by the airflow, you still obey the Torah. There is never a point where the Torah is discarded, whether you are under Torah because you are under sin, or whether you are under airflow that frees from sin, because the basis of what sin is defined by the commands of the Torah. Your own lack of understands lead you not into freedom from Torah by becoming free from sin by the airflow, but into lawlessness, because of your own lack of understanding.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Making tallit and tzitzit is a burden you are unable to bear? I perceive that the liar is you, not me, who is telling you the truth regarding the command of God. I wonder how many of you will weep in sorrow in the day or judgment, or how many of you will gnash your teeth in anger in the day you are all confronted for refusing to obey the Law of God. You view the commands of God as dumb, which is why you make a mockery of it, not perceiving that even through the least of the these commands is the way God sets apart his people. But you refuse to set yourselves apart, and think that your mere belief sets you apart, even though you remain in lawlessness like those who do not believe. You are a foolish generation, devoid of knowledge and understanding, and you are also stubborn, which causes you to remain in your darkened understanding.

If a man does not murder in his heart He will not murder outwardly because if the inside of the cup is clean the outside just will be as well.

If a man does not commit adultery in his heart, he will not do it outwardly.

But concerning binding His words on your forehead, I will send you the Holy Spirit, He will remind you of everything I've said. He will remind you of my words and teach you.

cgneustar

Jun 4, 2019
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you DO understand some of the spirit of the words. You DO understand that He fulfilled the laws pertaining to Passover. And you at least seem to understand that the laws for Sabbath rest are fulfilled now by our rest in Him, in spirit. But you don't seem to understand that ALL the law was fulfilled by Him and that by His Spirit He makes us law abiding in spirit, and that if the inside of the cup is clean the outside just will be as well.

The entire Torah was not fulfilled by the Messiah, for he fulfilled the spring appointed times of the Torah in his first coming, but in his second coming he comes to fulfill the autumn appointed times of the Torah, which is why his coming is associated with the sound of trumpets to fulfill the appointed time of the trumpets of the Torah, and ultimately, his 1,000 year rulership will fulfill the Shabbath of the Torah, which is why God worked in 6 days and set apart the 7th day as a Shabbath, to foreshadow the millennial Shabbath of the last 1,000 years of this heaven and earth to then sum up to a total of 7,000 years appointed for the existence of this earth, that is why, "UNTIL heaven and earth vanishes away, not one jot or one tittle will pass away from the Torah, UNTIL ALL IS FULFILLED". You err in your understanding of the truth, and rather than obey the Torah with the understanding that the shadows of the Torah are no longer required to be kept under the new covenant, you have gone off into complete lawlessness, thinking the Torah has been done away with. This is a serious error, which will lead to your own destruction.

cgneustar

Jun 4, 2019
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a man does not murder in his heart He will not murder outwardly because if the inside of the cup is clean the outside just will be as well.

If a man does not commit adultery in his heart, he will not do it outwardly.

But concerning binding His words on your forehead, I will send you the Holy Spirit, He will remind you of everything I've said. He will remind you of my words and teach you.

You have just asserted the very thing I have been saying, for a heart that obeys the command inwardly will also obey the command outwardly, but if the heart says, "I no longer need to obey the command", which is the case when you discard the Torah, for the Torah has the commands of God, not only have you become unclean inwardly, but also unclean outwardly.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The entire Torah was not fulfilled by the Messiah, for he fulfilled the spring appointed times of the Torah in his first coming, but in his second coming he comes to fulfill the autumn appointed times of the Torah, which is why his coming is associated with the sound of trumpets to fulfill the appointed time of the trumpets of the Torah, and ultimately, his 1,000 year rulership will fulfill the Shabbath of the Torah, which is why God worked in 6 days and set apart the 7th day as a Shabbath, to foreshadow the millennial Shabbath of the last 1,000 years of this heaven and earth to then sum up to a total of 7,000 years appointed for the existence of this earth, that is why, "UNTIL heaven and earth vanishes away, not one jot or one tittle will pass away from the Torah, UNTIL ALL IS FULFILLED". You err in your understanding of the truth, and rather than obey the Torah with the understanding that the shadows of the Torah are no longer required to be kept under the new covenant, you have gone off into complete lawlessness, thinking the Torah has been done away with. This is a serious error, which will lead to your own destruction.

How has one gone off into complete lawlessness if he does not murder and does not commit adultery? He does not affix a box to his head but the Holy Spirit reminds him of all that Jesus said and teaches him the spirit of the law and makes him law abiding on the inside of his cup. You judge men outwardly, but truly, a man could attempt to clean the outside by putting a box on his head, but if he is unclean, it will not matter, because he is not a jew who is circumcised outwardly but rather inwardly. He is not a jew who practices these things outwardly for men to see, but who the Spirit changes inwardly, where God sees.

I get that you think I am despicable. But I cannot follow you in order to gain your approval. But if something is sin in your mind and you do it anyway, then for you it is sin. So you should continue until He cleanses your conscience and shows you how free you are. I mean, what else can you do?

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have just asserted the very thing I have been saying, for a heart that obeys the command inwardly will also obey the command outwardly, but if the heart says, "I no longer need to obey the command", which is the case when you discard the Torah, for the Torah has the commands of God, not only have you become unclean inwardly, but also unclean outwardly.

What I am trying to say is that all the word is spirit and it is in spirit that we truly obey. It is possible for the outside to look clean while inside are dead men's bones. But the opposite is not true because it is impossible to be clean inside and not be clean outside as well.

Just because you do not understand the Spirit of all the words yet does not mean you go back to an outward keeping.

There is no law against the spirit. If He causes you to be law abiding in spirit, there is no law against that.

cgneustar

Jun 4, 2019
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How has one gone off into complete lawlessness if he does not murder and does not commit adultery? He does not affix a box to his head but the Holy Spirit reminds him of all that Jesus said and teaches him the spirit of the law and makes him law abiding on the inside of his cup. You judge men outwardly, but truly, a man could attempt to clean the outside by putting a box on his head, but if he is unclean, it will not matter, because he is not a new who is circumcised outwardly but rather inwardly. He is not a new who practices these things outwardly for men to see, but who the Spirit changes inwardly, where God sees.

I get that you think I am despicable. But I cannot follow you in order to gain your approval. But if something is sin in your mind and you do it anyway, then for you it is sin. So you should continue until He cleanses your conscience and shows you how free you are. I mean, what else can you do?

Because murder and adultery are just two commands of the Torah, there are many more commands in the Torah that define what sin is, for the Torah is the knowledge of good and evil, such as "a man shall not wear women's garments", "if you see another person's animal, you shall not hide from it; you must return it to the owner", "if your brother becomes poor, you shall give to him sufficient to his need", "you shall have righteous weights and quantities", and many more. The commands of the tefillin and tallit are the "lesser" commands of the Torah, yet to you people these lesser commands of God the Torah are stumbling blocks, because you are unwilling to obey whatever God requires. As such, if you discard the Law of God, you discard the manual that defines all that sin is, and the knowledge of good and evil. This is why torahlessness will lead to destruction. This is not difficult to understand. The Messiah taught obedience to the Torah, not disobedience to it.

cgneustar

Jun 4, 2019
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I am trying to say is that all the word is spirit and it is in spirit that we truly obey. It is possible for the outside to look clean while inside are dead men's bones. But the opposite is not true because it is impossible to be clean inside and not be clean outside as well.

Just because you do not understand the Spirit of all the words yet does not mean you go back to an outward keeping.

There is no law against the spirit. If He causes you to be law abiding in spirit, there is no law against that.

The airflow fulfills the Torah, not discards the Torah. You confuse fulfillment of Torah with your own lawlessness that discards the Torah. Why is this so difficult for you people to understand? The Torah has not been discarded, UNDERSTAND.

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Torah…
Matthew 5:17

…since through the Torah comes knowledge of sin.
Romans 3:20

if you know his will and approve of what is superior because you are instructed by the Torah; if you are convinced that you are a guide for the blind, a light for those who are in the dark, an instructor of the ignorant, a teacher of little children, because you have in the Torah the embodiment of knowledge and truth
Romans 2:18-20

For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Torah until everything is fulfilled.
Matthew 5:18

It is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for the least stroke of a pen to drop out of the Torah.
Luke 16:17

Do we, then, nullify the Torah by this belief? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the Torah.
Romans 3:31

Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 5:19

What then shall we say? That the Torah is sin? By no means! Yet if it had not been for the Torah, I would not have known sin. For I would not have known what it is to covet if the Torah had not said, “You shall not covet.”
Romans 7:7

The very commandment that promised life proved to be death to me. For sin, seizing an opportunity through the commandment, deceived me and through it killed me. So the Torah is set-apart, and the commandment is set-apart and righteous and good.
Romans 7:10-12

The Torah of Yehovah is perfect, refreshing the soul. The statutes of Yehovah are trustworthy, making wise the simple.
Psalm 19:7

Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the Torah of Yehovah, and who meditates on his Torah day and night.
Psalm 1:1-2

You came down on Mount Sinai; you spoke to them from heaven. You gave them judgments that are righteous and Torot that are true and statutes and commandments that are good.
Nehemiah 9:13

On that day many will say to me, ‘Master, Master, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of torahlessness.’
Matthew 7:22-23

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The airflow fulfills the Torah, not discards the Torah. You confuse fulfillment of Torah with your own lawlessness that discards the Torah. Why is this so difficult for you people to understand? The Torah has not been discarded, UNDERSTAND.

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Torah…
Matthew 5:17

…since through the Torah comes knowledge of sin.
Romans 3:20

if you know his will and approve of what is superior because you are instructed by the Torah; if you are convinced that you are a guide for the blind, a light for those who are in the dark, an instructor of the ignorant, a teacher of little children, because you have in the Torah the embodiment of knowledge and truth
Romans 2:18-20

For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Torah until everything is fulfilled.
Matthew 5:18

It is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for the least stroke of a pen to drop out of the Torah.
Luke 16:17

Do we, then, nullify the Torah by this belief? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the Torah.
Romans 3:31

Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 5:19

What then shall we say? That the Torah is sin? By no means! Yet if it had not been for the Torah, I would not have known sin. For I would not have known what it is to covet if the Torah had not said, “You shall not covet.”
Romans 7:7

The very commandment that promised life proved to be death to me. For sin, seizing an opportunity through the commandment, deceived me and through it killed me. So the Torah is set-apart, and the commandment is set-apart and righteous and good.
Romans 7:10-12

The Torah of Yehovah is perfect, refreshing the soul. The statutes of Yehovah are trustworthy, making wise the simple.
Psalm 19:7

Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the Torah of Yehovah, and who meditates on his Torah day and night.
Psalm 1:1-2

You came down on Mount Sinai; you spoke to them from heaven. You gave them judgments that are righteous and Torot that are true and statutes and commandments that are good.
Nehemiah 9:13

On that day many will say to me, ‘Master, Master, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of torahlessness.’
Matthew 7:22-23

As I said, you should continue on as you have been. You can do nothing else until you are shown.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who died in the 1,260 years of persecution under the rule of the Roman popes. I explain this in my bible study regarding the 7 seals The Fulfillment of the Seven Seals of Revelation, and When the Sun Turned to Darkness and the Moon Became like Blood | Wisdom of God .
In God's Eternity, not all of the book of Rev, is forward into the future! Surely you should know that!
Listen to the words of those under the altar, and their complaint.
So, why not Abraham etc., and all the prophets of Israel??
How did God avenge the blood of all those saints
of Faith, who waited, but died before "the Promise" of the Messiah (Jesus), who came in the flesh?
Did God avenge THEM yet?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, in the faithful rendering (kjv), the word is "iniquity" which relates to inward unrighteousness rather than failing in an outward observance of keeping the law.

Because also, no flesh will be justified in His sight by the keeping of the law. That is clear from such passages as Galatians 2:16 and Romans 3:20.

To be fair, the passage says , depart from me, you that work "ten anomian", the lawlessness.

Just the same, we though we are not under Torah, we are not lawless, being under the Law of Christ.

Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: stunnedbygrace