U.n. Army In Planning?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Seeds Planted for a New UN Armyfrom the July 05, 2006 eNews issue --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Among his recommendations for future UN reforms, Secretary General Kofi Annan has called for the creation of a rapid-response peacekeeping force. Now various organizations including Global Action to Prevent War, the Nuclear Age Peace Foundation, and the World Federalist Movement have collaborated on a detailed proposal for a UN rapid deployment force called the UN Emergency Peace Service (UNEPS). They envision a standing UN army that could "take action to prevent war and dire threats to human security and human rights" within a period of 48 hours. Unlike previous proposals for a UN army, this latest proposal calls for troops that would not be accountable to any individual nation or state, but would remain completely under the auspices of the United Nations. Furthermore, some proponents of the plan would like to greatly increase the powers of the Secretary General by granting him the ability to deploy the force without first seeking the approval of the Security Council or the General Assembly. If successfully implemented, the proposal would greatly increase the power of the United Nations. The United Nations is an organization plagued by scandal, corruption, favoritism, and financial mismanagement. The United Nations was created to maintain international peace and help solve the world’s economic and humanitarian troubles, but the UN has failed time and time again to achieve its primary objectives.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting. I'm sure it's another US bulk-funded undertaking. I'm still pretty sure from the last time, but I don't believe any of this was in the Constitution.I wonder how large this army will be - I'd expect that it would be fairly large given the need to stop wars before they happen. It's quite ironic that much of the world desires to criticize Bush for his 'facist' policies yet they want one man in charge of an army that can be deployed anywhere in the world under his command. This being the same man who is obviously involved in corruption scandals.As the post says, the UN has failed over and over again, yet we're going to hand them more power? That makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.