Understand The Authority That's Behind You

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

yemsot

May 24, 2007
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, all power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore ... (Matthew 28: 18-19)Immediately after the Lord Jesus declared that He had been given all authority, the next word He spoke was "Go!" I other words, the Master delegated His authority to us, to function in His Name. Jesus said "I have given you authority over all the power of the enemy" (Luke 10:19). You are supposed to exercise authority over satan and every demon of hell, over sickness, disease and poverty. However, if you're not conscious of that authority, you will find yourself subject to those over whom you ought to be exercising the authority of Christ.When you are conscious that the power of God Almighty is back of you, it wouldn't matter what comes against you. It's just like that traffic warden who stands on the street to control the traffic. Once he raises his hand to signal "stop", even if the vehicle approaching him weighs over five tonnes, it's got to grind to a halt. The driver of that vehicle may be mad at him and even insulting, but he's got to stop! He may hate the warden's face, but he must obey. Why? It's not because the officer has the physical strength to stop him, but because of the power that's behind him. If he refuses to stop, he will then face the wrath of the law behind the warden.That's the same way it is with you; the enemy and his forces may scream and threaten all they want to, but when you stand in the Name of Jesus, they've got to obey you! Refuse to be intimidated by whatever you see - the power that created and sustains the universe is backing you.PrayerIn the Name of Jesus, I exercise my God-given authority. I put a stop to everything around me that is not of God and I allow only those things that are consistent with my calling. I refuse to be intimidated by the forces that come against me, because greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world.