Understanding : Acts 2:38

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No you haven’t
Again, where does it say this?

Are you getting that from this verse?

John 3: 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Commentary.

The Bible says in John 4:24 “God is a Spirit…” hence, we can only make contact with Him through our spirits. When He wants to communicate with you, He does so directly with your spirit, not your head or your mind; it’s a Spirit-to-spirit communication. This is also the kind of communication that takes place when you pray in the spirit – in other tongues; it’s a God-ward communication. Your spirit makes direct contact with God’s Spirit: “For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him, howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries” (1 Corinthians 14:2).

This scripture is the written word backed up by receiving Gods Living word...Spirit gives birth to spirit.
Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, `You must be born again. '..that is how I was Born Again having never read a Bible...no more needs to be added...Spirit Of The Living God gave birth to my spirit, he brought my spirit Alive,,by his supernatural power, all biblical.

Where Does the Bible Mention the Word of God Is Alive?​

In Hebrews 4:12, the Bible speaks about the Word of God as being alive.

“For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart” (ESV).
1 Peter 1:23 also declares the Word of God as living and abiding. “Since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God.” (ESV

Context
Living in the Spirit
9You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. 10But if Christ is in you, your body isdeadbecause of sin, yet your spirit is alivebecause of righteousness. 11And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit, who lives in you.
It does nto say spirit gives birth to spirit. It says that (whoever) which is born of the spirit is a alive in the spirit. That which is born of the flesh (physical birth) us physically alive, But must be born again, or a second time, in the spirit,

The thing wrong is your understanding.

God birthed me when I called out to him in faith
That is not how we are Born Again, sorry..God has already spoken His Living word into my heart...I am Born Again of imperishable seed...where Gods Living Spirit, made my spirit Born Again .
Stop this human effort nonsense.

My faith is in the work of God. not my work..
Your faith is not Alive, if it’s your faith...Faith is a gift from God..your faith is like Joe bloggs down the street, dead and inactive..our spirit needs to be Born Again.....it’s the Spirit who gives birth to our spirit, by His Living word backed up by His written word..
lol. I will tell God that you claim his written word is dead.
Where did I claim his written word is dead?

I said His Living word is spoken to our spirit in Spirit and truth..then we check out what his Living Spirit testified with our spirit..using the written word...please don’t add your words to my post...I read your words very carefully more and more just lately.
God pursuaded me to repent and call out to him to be saved.
You aren’t saved not until you are Born Again of imperishable seed...you post scripture out of context,Born Again then we are saved from eternal damnation..not before...
If he did not do that for you. How can you be saved?
No...sorry, that is not biblical..show me where God persuaded you..you can’t as it’s not biblical....I recognise worldly words and will rebuke them in the Name of Jesus

So, I ask again , what did God give birth to in you?

You believe the written word gave birth to you do you?

The written word backs up Gods Living word...the written word does not make you Born Again...impossible.

You limit God in your own understanding...this is where one needs the gift of Faith to understand that Gods Spirit has no bounds.....

God can crush you and I in a flash...that is the power of His Living Spirit..

Oh yeah of little faith.are you.

The Word of God is spirit and life (John 6:63); it is living and active (Hebrews 4:12) and, when quickened by the Holy Spirit, has dynamic power to impart spiritual life to us.

“The Living Word is God. The Scriptures are not God,

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Your right,

I have faith in the work of God. I call out to Jesus and become like the tax collector. At that moment I am born again, Because my sins are remitted through that faith.

However, this is not what you are saying
Eternally Grateful said.
God birthed me when I called out to him in faith

Rita J answered saying.....The true meaning of the cross can only be revealed to our spirit by God, we know the significance of the cross in our hearts, because we are Born Of The Spirit....the cross doesn’t save you, it’s the Living Spirit Of God that saves us...that is his Living Supernatural power, that he has on the earth....who do you think keeps the earth and heavens..the Living word of God...who made Adam from the dust of the ground?

THE LIVING SPIRIT OF GOD!!!

Rita
J asking questions.

What did God birth in you?

Plus what “ you” say is very confusing to my spirit, because it’s not Biblical?
Do you speak in tongues?

What do you think Gods written word is saying here?

Isaiah 55:11 - So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

If you have been Born Again of imperishable seed, then you should know the answer?

The cross is not imperishable seed, imperishable seed is Gods Living word, that liveth and abideth forever.

Who leads you through scripture, to bring you in your spirit to understand what is being said?

The Bible is written by men under the influence of the Holy Spirit....then your saying that the written word is Gods Living word.....?

We have the witness in our spirit , is who? what truth does he witness to our spirit?

What is the Spirit in us witnessing in this scripture, what is he speaking to our spirit through his Living word who resides in our spirit?

Romans 8:16
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.

New Living Translation
For his Spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God’s children.

English Standard Version
The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

Berean Standard Bible
The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.

Berean Literal Bible
The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

King James Bible
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

New King James Version
The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Well, he’s very wrong then isn’t he?

Did you report the post?

I didnt have to report it.

I instead was the one He was talking to, as i had just explained the Blood of Jesus to him again, for about the 50th time in 2 yrs.

That is when He told all of us.. "the Cross is not about forgiveness"..

So, i continued to show him a few things and he left... for a while., and that Thread died that day.

He's the same one who told me that "Jesus is your whipping boy".. and He told me that "God's Grace is Free stuff".

He's been here over a decade.

Reactions: Ritajanice

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Jesus Name ,Amen!!

And his chosen ones give him all the Honour ,Glory and Praise.

Unfortunately the carnal mind has no understanding of spiritual matters....
Do you believe a born again, Spirit-filled Christian has a carnal mind?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
According to 2 Timothy 3:16-17 the words of Scripture are "God breathed" or inspired. This implies that God is the source or origin of what is recorded in Scripture. God, through the Holy Spirit, used human authors to write what He revealed in the Bible.

So if the Bible was inspired by the word of God through men, he used them as his vessel to write the Bible.

The Living word of God is not contained, His Living word is everywhere, you can’t see the Living word of God, but you should know that His Spirit is a Living Spirit, if you have been Born Again of imperishable seed.....it’s our spirit that is Born Again......that is what comes Alive in us, by the Living seed of God?

Do you believe the written word of God, note I say written, who was written by men, inspired my The Living Spirit Of God?
That can make your spirit come alive?
...one could become “ Born Again “ while reading the written word, ...but, it wouldn’t be the written word that would make their spirit Born Again, it would be the Living Spirit Of God.....when, Spirit gives birth to spirit?

We know flesh gives birth to flesh..do we not,

So, How would anyone know Spirit gives birth to spirit....?

Do you believe a new babe would know what the carnal mind is?

How would you know what carnal mind means?

What does the written word of God say about the carnal mind.

King James Bible
Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Romans 8
Berean Standard BiblePar ▾
Walking by the Spirit
(Ezekiel 36:16–38; Galatians 5:16–26)
1Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.a2For in Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set youb free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful man, as an offering for sin.c He thus condemned sin in the flesh, 4so that the righteous standard of the law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
5Those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh; but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. 6The mind of the flesh is death, but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace,7because the mind of the flesh is hostile to God: It does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8Those controlled by the fleshd cannot please God.
9You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. 10But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alivee because of righteousness. 11And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the deadf will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit, who lives in you.

Last edited:

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Can you narrow it down some. To your point.
Heb 1:1 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets,

The Book of Hebrews begins by referring to the Old Testament prophets speaking forth God's Will, and the astute reader and listener will contemplate occasions when prophets spoke on God's behalf requiring individuals and communities to make choices . The Book continues to exhort on choices which have eternal consequences.

Heb 2:1-4 Therefore we must give the more earnest heed to the things we have heard, lest we drift away. (2) For if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just reward, (3) how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him, (4) God also bearing witness both with signs and wonders, with various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to His own will?

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ignore them?

You do realize there is a difference between interpreting them differently than you do and ignoring them do you not? I learned along time ago in my error. how I needed to stop trying to interpret the word to fit my belief system, But make my belief system conform to the word. I found alot of error in my belief when I did that

Love how @Ritajanice Liked this post. so Rita. Are you now teaching we must be bati9zed in water to be saved? Because that is what you liked!!! Does your anger of me get you so mad that you end up liking something you do not believe in??

Back to spyder

Acts 2: 38, Try reading the passage as written, Peter does not tell anyone if they are baptized they will receive the gift of the spirit.. That's a serious misrepresentation of peter's words

Titus 3: 4 - 7 says excactly what I believe, that it is NOT by works of righteousness (such as being water baptised) which we have done but by his mercy he saved us

1 Peter 3 is not saying water baptism removed the filth of sin from the flesh, It says that water baptism, like the waters the flood (which was Gods judgment) is another example of the true baptism which saves us, which is accomplished through the ressurection of Jesus

The fact is, If you are saying we MUST be water baptized to recieve the spirit. You are in effect trying to earn your salvation through human effort. and not through the grace of God.
Well, many things of God are compromised to fit a popular doctrine under the label of "interpreting." A time-tested method of Hermaneutics states that a statement that make sense as written needs no other interpretation.

The golden rule of interpretation is: “When the plain sense of the scripture makes common sense, seek no other sense.” Therefore, take every word at its primary, usual, meaning, unless the facts of the immediate context, studied in the light of related passages and fundamental truths, clearly indicate otherwise.

The modern way of thinking that baptism is a "work" is fallacious. Man is not performing a work when submitting to God. Baptism is when God works.

These three passages are easy to understand. The writers spoke the outcome of submitting themselves to be baptized. There was a time when people attempted to tell folks that the water itself had power. That was another time when people would dream up their own interpretations and was equally wrong.

Jesus instructed His disciples to baptize converts. If there is no point to it, why would He tell them to?

If I wanted to cause the downfall of the church Jesus initiated, I could start by telling people that they have no need to be baptized.

I, for one, will never try to tell people that Jesus had no reason to instruct His disciples to be baptized upon conversion.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Yes. absolutely.

Why?

Because its the SPIRIT, that is born again, not the body or the mind.

The Born again = CHRISTian has to renew their mind, so that "all come into the right mind", as "as many as be perfect".

"be perfect" is to have the mind that is renewed.. = Full revelation of what it means to have become 'In Christ" as 'THE righteousness of God in Christ".

When the Christian's mind is not renewed, they dont understand their Salvation, and they are stuck in Hebrews 6:1. and also here...."that which i hate i do and that which i want to do i can't".

This is the..>"well, i have to confess again, then i sin again, then repeat"... Carnal believer.

See that? That is not real Christianity...but it is the Christianity of the believer who has no understanding of The Cross, or the Blood Atonement's purpose.

So, THAT one, has not become....>"As many as BE Perfect", and that is regarding "the knowledge of God", and has nothing to do with some type of attempting to become by self effort some idea the person has of trying to be like Jesus.

Paul refers to these as "In the Flesh"....(Galatians).

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 1:1 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets,

The Book of Hebrews begins by referring to the Old Testament prophets speaking forth God's Will, and the astute reader and listener will contemplate occasions when prophets spoke on God's behalf requiring individuals and communities to make choices . The Book continues to exhort on choices which have eternal consequences.

Heb 2:1-4 Therefore we must give the more earnest heed to the things we have heard, lest we drift away. (2) For if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just reward, (3) how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him, (4) God also bearing witness both with signs and wonders, with various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to His own will?
How is that a contradiction? Have you even read Zwingli or the Synod of Dort?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Whoever has been Born Again by the Living word of God,will have their minds renewed by the power that is within them, the Holy Spirit.

They were chosen for Gods purpose and plan, a Born Again will always point to God and GLORIFY His Name...becoming Born Again by the Living Spirit Of God, is all of Him and by His Mighty Living Power ....

A Born Again will grow and flourish, the Spirit speaks through them, teaching the truth of His Living word.

All Praise in understanding the words of the Spirit, are given to God, by His witness the Holy Spirit....who will NEVER allow anyone to praise their own name...

Our teaching comes from the Spirit who indwells our spirit...we are Gods spiritual children and can only understand God’s teaching via His Spirit,..those who have been Born Again of imperishable seed that liveth and abideth forever...” IN OUR SPIRIT “....the Bible is the written word that we understand in our spirit, why, because we have been Born Again of imperishable seed....the Living word of God.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Whoever has been Born Again by the Living word of God,will have their minds renewed by the power that is within them, the Holy Spirit.

Its not automatic.

If it was automatic then there would not be 45,000 Denominations in the world who all say..."we are right".

If it was automatic there would not be the ONE Mod here who is all about Calvin, and the others are not.

If it was automatic then there would not be people on Forums, and some teach Calvinism, some Teach "Mary" some teach Mormonism, some teach "there is no Hell", some teach "there is no devil.. .some teach "salvation can be lost".. some teach, "The Cross is not about forgiveness of sin".. some teach "the Trinity is a lie" some teach like @St. SteVen that the bible is full of errors.

So, its pretty obvious that the Holy Spirit is not doing all that.....

So what does that mean? It means that a lot of people are not really SAVED, or it means that a lot of people have no RENEWED MIND and are carnal as HELL.

Take your pick.

Reactions: Spyder

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Its not automatic.

If it was automatic then there would not be 45,000 Denominations in the world who all say..."we are right".

If it was automatic there would not be the ONE Mod here who is all about Calvin, and the others are not.

If it was automatic then there would not be people on Forums, and some teach Calvinism, some Teach "Mary" some teach Mormonism, some teach "there is no Hell", some teach "there is no devil.. .some teach "salvation can be lost".. some teach, "The Cross is not about forgiveness of sin".. some teach "the Trinity is a lie" some teach like @St. SteVen that the bible is full of errors.

So, its pretty obvious that the Holy Spirit is not doing all that.....

So what does that mean? It means that a lot of people are not really SAVED, or it means that a lot of people have no RENEWED MIND and are carnal as HELL.

Take your pick.
Who said it was automatic, did you actually read my post?

The power within us helps us to renew our minds, do you think we can have the perfect mind of Christ while we walk this earth and in this body? @Behold

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Who said it was automatic, did you actually read my post?

Once i read "chosen for this".. i realized that CALVIN is up and running, so, didnt really do much more with it.

I just looked at it again, and UR is not stating that this renewing, isn't automatic.

So, my Post is explaining the reality what we find on THIS FORUM, and on all of them.

You have real believers, you have confused and deceived believers, and you have fake believers..

These are all trying to "prove it"....on forums.
Its why Forums are the last place any New Christian needs to go..
I dont let my students us "christian" forums, as if i did that, then some Calvinist or Catholic, or Mormon would screw up their mind, and potentially for LIFE.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Once i read "chosen for this".. i realized that CALVIN is up and running, so, didnt really do much more with it.

I just looked at it again, and the UR is not stating that this renewing, isn't automatic.

So, my Post is explaining the reality what we find on THIS FORUM, and on all of them.
Calvin is up and running in my post in your opinion.

God chose me for his purpose and plan...that is the Living word of God who spoke that to my spirit, then backed his Living word up with his written word.
You don’t understand in your spirit that God chose some, because you believe you chose to be Born Again by your own freewill, not biblical.

You seem to be having a hard time understanding that God speaks to his spiritual children via his Spirit?

He communicates with his children via his Living Spirit that resides in our spirit?

We thrive on his Living word, which he is speaking to me now, then off I go and check what he speaks to my spirit with his written word.

Mind blowing when God speaks to our spirit, we can’t get enough, we’re consumed in his Living word.?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Calvin is up and running in my post in your opinion.

Calvinism has 3 major "buzz words"....

"elect"
"Pre-destined"
"chosen".

Its not my opinion., just ask Calvin. or St Steven or Brightframe or Ronald Nolette.

Lots of Hyper Calvinist's here on the forum, you can choose from, who can detail "Chose", "elect" and "Pre-destined" as Calvin's Theology.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Calvinism has 3 major "buzz words"....

"elect"
"Pre-destined"
"chosen".

Its not my opinion., just ask Calvin.
I have posted plenty of scripture..which for some reason accuse Calvin of writing...

You aren’t understanding those words because they are spiritually discerned which is a gift from God.

It means “to understand or know something through the power of the Spirit....that indwells our spirit because we have been Born Again of imperishable seed..the Living word of God.

The same seed that was planted into the Virgin Mary womb...

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I have posted plenty of scripture..which for some reason accuse Calvin of writing...

just ask.....St Steven or Brightframe or Ronald Nolette.

Lots of Hyper Calvinist's here on the forum, you can choose from, who can detail "Chose", "elect" and "Pre-destined" as Calvin's Theology for you. Or (TULIP).

And then you can tell then that its "their opinion" after they show you what ive shown. you @Ritajanice .

See, CALVINISM is not CHRISTianty, yet a Calvinst is deceived into thinking it is....

That is what Calvinism does to your mind.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
just ask.....St Steven or Brightframe or Ronald Nolette.

Lots of Hyper Calvinist's here on the forum, you can choose from, who can detail "Chose", "elect" and "Pre-destined" as Calvin's Theology for you. Or (TULIP).

And then you can tell then that its "their opinion" after they show you what ive shown. you @Ritajanice .

See, CALVINISM is not CHRISTianty, yet a Calvinst is deceived into thinking it is....

That is what Calvinism does to your mind.
You can’t show me anything because you are the deceiver....I hear only by the Living word of God, ..I have never ever read anything on Calvin’s belief, yet you accuse me of being a Calvinist.....and continue to do so.

Why, because imo you are the deceiver and want everyone to know that you can choose to become Born Again of imperishable seed......complete and utter lie.

God does the birthing by His Living Spirit....not by reading and believing his written word, in ones own human understanding....

If God chooses for us to become Born Again, only he has the power to do so by His Living Spirit?

Which you and eternally Grateful have a hard job understanding,...what the Living word of God actually means,....red flag that is to my spirit.imo.

If those members are Calvinist.

Then imo of you, you are a man made religionist,who has no understanding of spiritual matters, your spirit needs to be Born Again, to understand and be led through the written word by the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You can’t show me anything because you are the deceiver..

Lying about me because you enjoy it....., simply because your mind is controlled by Calvin's doctrine, isn't going to help you.

Do you have anything else to do, other then accuse falsely or show up here as you did on "Worthy CF..." just to rant about falsely being "Chosen to believe"...as Calvin teaches?????

Listen, no one is interested in you coming here every day to hear you talk about your "i was chosen to believe"...... redundant false "im a calvinist , hooray" !!!!! = false .argument.

FIND ANOTHER CHANNEL.

You are "stuck on Repeat".. @Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Lying about me, because your mind is controlled by Calvin's doctrine, isn't going to help you.
Your opinion....and no I voice my opinion about you....just like you voice your opinion of other members on here, is there a rule for you and a rule for every one else?

That’s called controlling.
Do you have anything else to do, other then accuse falsely or show up here as you did on "Worthy CF..." just to rant about being "Chosen to believe"...as Calvin teaches?????

Listen, no one is interested in you coming here every day to hear you talk about your "i was chosen
Fortunately you don’t get to control the threads.

And watch your fruit is starting to show....same old tactic...so predictable...you can dish out your lies of other members so very easily...yet throw your toys out of the pram, when it’s voiced back at ya!

I mean you are supposed to be a teacher, you take church services, seriously....I wonder how the church congregation would react ,if you spoke to them like you do some members on this forum..because they don’t agree with your theology......would you throw a hissy fit or have you thrown a hissy fit.

You can’t control the Spirit of God @Behold ....even though you try so hard to.

John 15:16
Verse (Click for Chapter)
King James Bible
Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

New King James Version
You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.

American Standard Version
Ye did not choose me, but I chose you, and appointed you, that ye should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should abide: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Berean Study Bible
You did not choose Me, but I chose you. And I appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will remain—so that whatever you ask the Father in My name, He will give you.

Last edited: