Understanding God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Ever heard of the platypus? " Ahahahaha!!!! Good one sister, good one. :D

Yes. Looks like God decided to have fun with the Beaver. "Nowwww, I'll use a little more clay and add a beak to the Beaver and really confuse humans. And it'll lay eggs too. " ;)

iu

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL A Dr.Pepper and a smile. :D Really affordable since the Pandemic. ;)
This is truth! And, I bet the dentists will be overflowing with a ton of cavity cases :D I should know, I've been a candy-holic since day one...Nothing like all your own teeth.
Enjoy that Dr. Pepper! Just brush after!!! :O unless you want to look like....
upload_2021-1-2_19-52-42.jpeg hehehe

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said he was fully human and fully God in your version of God. And I would have to agree, so then only half of Jesus felt fear and the other half did not? The Human part felt fear and the God part cast it out? And is the Human singular part half, since the Fully God part is infinite? So then how much of Jesus felt fear? Maybe it was nothing like what us humans go thru in all reality. That is my God, he isn't weak. He is almighty in the casting out of fear.

Any god is very weak who is not fully man and fully God, and a pagan deity not the true God. The true God sent His Son who is fully human and fully God, not half of this nor half of the other. Christ is fully and completely Human and fully completely God and as fully Human, not half, experience ever single thing we do that means everything. As the Athanasian Creed states:

"He is God from the essence of the Father, begotten before time; and he is human from the essence of his mother, born in time; completely God, completely human, with a rational soul and human flesh; equal to the Father as regards divinity, less than the Father as regards humanity. Although he is God and human, yet Christ is not two, but one. He is one, however, not by his divinity being turned into flesh, but by God's taking humanity to himself. He is one, certainly not by the blending of his essence, but by the unity of his person. For just as one human is both rational soul and flesh, so too the one Christ is both God and human."

Christ could not be the Savior of humanity if He had not become fully God and fully man at the same time. This is essential to Christianity. Christ experienced hunger, anger, joy, sorrow, happiness, and fear the whole gambit of human emotions. That is why Christ is an advocate to the Father because Christ knows what we go through.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any god is very weak who is not fully man and fully God, and a pagan deity not the true God. The true God sent His Son who is fully human and fully God, not half of this nor half of the other. Christ is fully and completely Human and fully completely God and as fully Human, not half, experience ever single thing we do that means everything. As the Athanasian Creed states:

"He is God from the essence of the Father, begotten before time; and he is human from the essence of his mother, born in time; completely God, completely human, with a rational soul and human flesh; equal to the Father as regards divinity, less than the Father as regards humanity. Although he is God and human, yet Christ is not two, but one. He is one, however, not by his divinity being turned into flesh, but by God's taking humanity to himself. He is one, certainly not by the blending of his essence, but by the unity of his person. For just as one human is both rational soul and flesh, so too the one Christ is both God and human."

Christ could not be the Savior of humanity if He had not become fully God and fully man at the same time. This is essential to Christianity. Christ experienced hunger, anger, joy, sorrow, happiness, and fear the whole gambit of human emotions. That is why Christ is an advocate to the Father because Christ knows what we go through.
Aprils question wasn't about our fear, that he casts out for us from time to time, but his at the cross. He can not only cast out fear but had power from the Father to lay down his life and take it up again, does that say fear to you:

John 10:18

No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

So in your religion, Jesus was afraid to obey the commandment of the Father?

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aprils question wasn't about our fear, that he casts out for us from time to time, but his at the cross. He can not only cast out fear but had power from the Father to lay down his life and take it up again, does that say fear to you:

John 10:18

No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Sn your religion, Jesus was afraid to obey the commandment of the Father?

It is not my religion it is Christianity. In the Garden, which your always skipping over, Christ was fearful but He didn't let it control Him. You for some reason can not accept that Christ had and still has Human emotions. You don't sweat blood because your always happy, you sweat blood because your afraid and worried. In fact sweating blood still happens when people are afraid and worried to a massive level. Just because Christ said that in John does not mean He did not experience fear, overcoming fear does not mean fear is not experienced.

Your god is not any god if he can't experience the whole gambit of humanity. The god who can't experience humanity is no god at all but Satan himself

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not my religion it is Christianity. In the Garden, which your always skipping over, Christ was fearful but He didn't let it control Him. You for some reason can not accept that Christ had and still has Human emotions. You don't sweat blood because your always happy, you sweat blood because your afraid and worried. In fact sweating blood still happens when people are afraid and worried to a massive level. Just because Christ said that in John does not mean He did not experience fear, overcoming fear does not mean fear is not experienced.

Your god is not any god if he can't experience the whole gambit of humanity. The god who can't experience humanity is no god at all but Satan himself
I already proved in scripture that God doesn't feel fear. You keep saying you represent Christianity, but I don't think you are here trying to convince me Jesus was afraid. I'll just agree to disagree.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I replace my anger with love for Jesus and the Father and the Holy Ghost. Satan tempts us to be angry with God, but we are commanded to honor are Father and Mother, which then also applies to God.

Exodus 20:12 "Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee."

There are other ways to deal with disappointment and anger. Count your blessings, do you have a roof over your head, are you fed, do you have medical care, do you enjoy the comforts of our day and age, do you have God to teach us good from evil, light from darkness, truth from lies. Do you have family and friends that love and care for you?

I try to go along these lines :) Cheers!

I agree. I think both you and @historyb have your points actually.

You said he was fully human and fully God in your version of God. And I would have to agree, so then only half of Jesus felt fear and the other half did not? The Human part felt fear and the God part cast it out? And is the Human singular part half, since the Fully God part is infinite? So then how much of Jesus felt fear? Maybe it was nothing like what us humans go thru in all reality. That is my God, he isn't weak. He is almighty in the casting out of fear. Can you do that? Or even resurrect yourself like he did?

Interesting interpretation.

"Ever heard of the platypus? " Ahahahaha!!!! Good one sister, good one. :D

Thanks. :D Anybody who looks at a platypus can't honestly tell me that God doesn't have a sense of humor. :p

Another good point.

I wish I had a platypus

*Sings* Oh I wanna platypus for Christmas,.. only a platypus will do.

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is there any way for us to do this? I understand God better than I understand man, or even understand myself. However, there are certain things I just don't understand. Like why innocent children die, sickness, and why doesn't God destroy all the evil in the world.

It are times like these where although I really don't want to I question my faith. Although, I'm guessing I'm probably not alone on this one. I'm probably even not alone when I say that sometimes because of my lack of understanding that sometimes even though it's just for a short period of time, I get angry and frustrated with God and all of this really concerns me to the point where I question my salvation. :( I realize that if I wasn't truly saved then I wouldn't be concerned at all though and these are just worrisome thoughts that Satan tries to plant in my head. Still, I can't help but have them from time to time. :(
Firstly, is that you in the picture A_R?......and good questions. Let me go out on a limb and say this and stretch you a little. When a question is asked the answer is usually connected with other ways of seeing that you might not be familiar with or don't want to see. Often an answer doesn't compute because it doesn't fit into how one sees....ones paradigm. Exploring answers requires application and the willingness to put ones own point of view to one side to hear another. If this is not done the question never gets answered satisfactorily and one goes in circles with the familiar.....the result, a stunted growth....a restricted view point and at worst a set up for deception.

I know you're courageous A_R....that's one of the reasons I like you.....you can do it!

Now, to get back to your question.....here is an answer; children die and evil and sickness remain because there are remaining revelations to the watching Universe that have yet to unfold.....and when the cup of deception is full......when all intelligences watching events unfold on Earth understand that God has done the absolute maximum to vindicate his character and save people.....when all see and are satisfied that there is nothing more God can do and Satan and his minions stand bare and naked, exposed with no excuses or reasons left, then Earths history as we know it will close.....then Jesus will return.

Let me just add.....this unfolding, this revelation has been in progress from since before the creation of the world, since Lucifer first questioned God's way of running the show. It is our privilege to understand it but it is Satans objective to hide it from us.....and how does he hide it?.....by sending people on wild goose chases.....by disseminating false ideas/views in every hue imaginable. We pray for strength, courage and vision from our core.....not just from an intellectual interest.......and God will open the path. Anything else results in just another religious trip!

Last edited:

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. Looks like God decided to have fun with the Beaver. "Nowwww, I'll use a little more clay and add a beak to the Beaver and really confuse humans. And it'll lay eggs too. " ;)

iu

Lol that is really weird. Most animals with hair and fur and don't lay eggs. Does a platypus have fur or hair?

Firstly, is that you in the picture A_R?......and good questions. Let me go out on a limb and say this and stretch you a little. When a question is asked the answer is usually connected with other ways of seeing that you might not be familiar with or don't want to see. Often an answer doesn't compute because it doesn't fit into how one sees....ones paradigm. Exploring answers requires application and the willingness to put ones own point of view to one side to hear another. If this is not done the question never gets answered satisfactorily and one goes in circles with the familiar.....the result, a stunted growth....a restricted view point and at worst a set up for deception.

I know you're courageous A_R....that's one of the reasons I like you.....you can do it!

Now, to get back to your question.....here is an answer; children die and evil and sickness remain because there are remaining revelations to the watching Universe that have yet to unfold.....and when the cup of deception is full......when all intelligences watching events unfold on Earth understand that God has done the absolute maximum to vindicate his character and save people.....when all see and are satisfied that there is nothing more God can do and Satan and his minions stand bare and naked, exposed with no excuses or reasons left, then Earths history as we know it will close.....then Jesus will return.

Let me just add.....this unfolding, this revelation has been in progress from since before the creation of the world, since Lucifer first questioned God's way of running the show. It is our privilege to understand it but it is Satans objective to hide it from us.....and how does he hide it?.....by sending people on wild goose chases.....by disseminating false ideas/views in every hue imaginable. We pray for strength, courage and vision from our core.....not just from an intellectual interest.......and God will open the path. Anything else results in just another religious trip!

No, that's not me and I do wish you would answer my questions using simple words. :confused:

Reactions: WaterSong

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there any way for us to do this? I understand God better than I understand man, or even understand myself. However, there are certain things I just don't understand. Like why innocent children die, sickness, and why doesn't God destroy all the evil in the world.

It are times like these where although I really don't want to I question my faith. Although, I'm guessing I'm probably not alone on this one. I'm probably even not alone when I say that sometimes because of my lack of understanding that sometimes even though it's just for a short period of time, I get angry and frustrated with God and all of this really concerns me to the point where I question my salvation. :( I realize that if I wasn't truly saved then I wouldn't be concerned at all though and these are just worrisome thoughts that Satan tries to plant in my head. Still, I can't help but have them from time to time. :(
On topic, God is all knowing and all wise, he has infinite IQ. So we can't really understand him. Forgive the humbling likeness I make hear, but it's like a child trying to understand college courses. Or worse.

We are left to just trust him, like trusting a super doctor that can heal you of anything and even bring you back from the dead. Cheers :)

Reactions: April_Rose

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already proved in scripture that God doesn't feel fear. You keep saying you represent Christianity, but I don't think you are here trying to convince me Jesus was afraid. I'll just agree to disagree.

Than you are outside Christianity my friend. I never said I represent Christianity, I do know what Christianity is and teaches which is Christ is man. God the Father would not experience fear but God the Son would by the very fact that Christ is fully Human and Fully Divine. God is three persons while being one God and the second person of the Godhead experienced all emotions, why worship a God that has no idea what His creation goes through. The pagans, mormons worship a god that doesn't know humanity, we Christians worship Christ whom experienced every emotion.

Christ experienced Anger in the Temple (will you deny that Christ is God because of this), Christ experienced fear and worry in the garden yt you can bring yourself to admit that Christ is human. I don't understand how someone can refuse Christ His humanity when it is the foundation of all of Christendom. You can't just take one verse and say look God doesn't fear because that did not talk about the Son. The heretical opinion you hold could lead people to follow paganism.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lol that is really weird. Most animals with hair and fur and don't lay eggs. Does a platypus have fur or hair?

No, that's not me and I do wish you would answer my questions using simple words. :confused:
tell me what part you don't understand and I'll do my best to simplify it.....ohhh, and platypus have fur

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. I think both you and @historyb have your points actually.

Interesting interpretation.

Thanks. :D Anybody who looks at a platypus can't honestly tell me that God doesn't have a sense of humor. :p

Another good point.

*Sings* Oh I wanna platypus for Christmas,.. only a platypus will do.

Reactions: April_Rose