Understanding God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Only to some degree.The Bible says: Touching the Almighty, we cannot find Him out: He is excellent in power, and in judgment, and in plenty of justice: He will not afflict. Men do therefore fear Him: He respecteth not any that are wise of heart. (Job 37:23,24)

"We cannot find Him out" means that when all is said and done, human beings cannot fathom God. Divine logic is THE OPPOSITE of human logic, and we see this in God's plan of salvation. Thus God says: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. (Isa 55:8,9)
May well be true, but God will show Himself to those who ask, just far to many wont. He can show us many parts of Himself, but to fathom Him all, we just could never in this flesh of ours, withstand it all.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there any way for us to do this? I understand God better than I understand man, or even understand myself. However, there are certain things I just don't understand. Like why innocent children die, sickness, and why doesn't God destroy all the evil in the world.

God has a Mysterious Plan that He is in the middle of fulfilling. This Plan revolves around how it will be Jesus who redeems us from the Evil Curse that stems back to Adam and Eve. This Curse is the Law of Sin and Death. All must die because of this Curse, unless, however . . . a person should Turn and lift their Heart to Jesus for the Purification of their stony, stubborn Heart that follows the Sin Nature, the Curse of Adam and Eve.

The Bible tells us that the body is for the Lord and the Lord is for the body (to be Indwelt by the Holy Spirit, and to be used as an instrument of Righteousness). Our bodies are mere vessels, and our Human Nature is merely that of a Servant. We do whatever we are told, whether our Father is God in Heaven, or Satan. This Plan tells us that we should not worry about death, no matter how it comes. I give you this: The incredible Nature of God and His Holy Realm is so utterly unbelievable, when a person enters the Pearly Gates, they will have no concern over how they died . . . and that includes the concubine who was raped by the Benjamites all night long . . . until she died the next morning from the horrific abuse. She will tell you that all must suffer, and that is because Christ suffered, thus anyone who believes in Jesus will certainly suffer . . . but be saved on the Day of Christ.

We shouldn't worry about disease, or any other form of chaos that might take us over. This physical world is temporary, and it won't be long before those of us who endure this chaotic, physical world, will be experiencing Heaven.

Believe me . . . those who Trust in Jesus with their Salvation, and believe that He alone will raise them from the dead . . . these ones will not care, in the least, how they die.

We must know this Plan! Below is a set of passages that will get you started in your discovery of this Mysterious Plan. Do investigate! And when you're ready to really get a grasp of this Plan, find a timeline, chronological order of how to read the entire Bible within a year. This will take you through the entire Bible as though reading any other book that has an actual storyline. Yes, the Bible makes sense, but only if we read it in the order that shows the full story and Plan of God.

It is possible to understand this book . . . nearly all of it! :)

Attachments

• Triangle of Truth.png
    Triangle of Truth.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 0

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
robably even not alone when I say that sometimes because of my lack of understanding that sometimes even though it's just for a short period of time, I get angry and frustrated with God and all of this really concerns me to the point where I question my salvation.

I believe it was you who said God is a big guy, he can handle it, and he can. He is well aware of how some of the things he allows to happen rips us to pieces, but I have never felt unsaved because of the occasions I get angry with him. But as most do, I keep that anger to a minimum, and trust he knows what he's doing.

Can't say I even come close to fully understanding why God allows those things to happen to the innocent especially, but I would guess the things that happen at the hand of man, he allows because of his strict free will policy. The rest, lile disease, natural disaster, and such, were likely given to man after the fall, if for no other reason (and their probably are a few) because he wanted us to be aware we need to be ready always, because we could die at any time.

Those are some of the obvious reasons, and I'll be reading the thread in search of the less obvious.

Last edited:
Reactions: April_Rose

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Since the fall of man, God was hindered and could not have a real relationship with man, but one man Jesus came along and changed all that, not based on your works your failures, your righteousness or whether you are "good" enough or not, but on Hi righteousness and works, so the question is not now " can you know God" but more like "why havnt you aked Him". HE is quiet capable of talking to man, Christ took care of all of that.

Reactions: April_Rose