Understanding God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, to get back to your question.....here is an answer; children die and evil and sickness remain because there are remaining revelations to the watching Universe that have yet to unfold.....and when the cup of deception is full......when all intelligences watching events unfold on Earth understand that God has done the absolute maximum to vindicate his character and save people.....when all see and are satisfied that there is nothing more God can do and Satan and his minions stand bare and naked, exposed with no excuses or reasons left, then Earths history as we know it will close.....then Jesus will return.

Let me just add.....this unfolding, this revelation has been in progress from since before the creation of the world, since Lucifer first questioned God's way of running the show. It is our privilege to understand it but it is Satans objective to hide it from us.....and how does he hide it?.....by sending people on wild goose chases.....by disseminating false ideas/views in every hue imaginable. We pray for strength, courage and vision from our core.....not just from an intellectual interest.......and God will open the path. Anything else results in just another religious trip!

tell me what part you don't understand and I'll do my best to simplify it.....ohhh, and platypus have fur

Of the quote I quoted above I didn't really get most of what you said, but these two paragraphs I'd like to understand more the most.

@April_Rose what you need is a baby platypus maybe, they're cuter:
019-baby-platypus_1024.jpg

It is sort of cute in an ugly sort of way. :D

Reactions: dev553344

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think so,.. in other words you're saying that we have to trust in Him even though it's difficult. Which I know He knows better than I do, but still that sometimes seems like an impossible task when I look at our world today. Riots, cheating, (in the election) destruction of property, murders, and this great pandemic that we're currently suffering through. *Sigh* Although I have faith that God will get us through it, I sort of wonder why He allows it to happen. 2020 made history for being one of the worst years ever. :( @Bobby Jo, @historyb, @WaterSong, @JohnDB, do any of you guys have a insight of to why that is? Cause at times like these is when I start feeling the most helpless of all. :(

I forgot to add @Taken to this quote.

Reactions: Taken

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God isn't afraid, nor can we understand him, that's the truth, but...
tenor.gif

hahaha :p

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And, that is the song I thought you were "singing"!!! lol.

No, actually I thought I made it up. XD Anyways I wanted to point out really fast that up until now I do believe that even though we were getting off the subject from my opening post, I didn't think we were about anything else since as long as it's about trying to understand God it pretty much is. :)

Reactions: Nancy

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2) And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma, the sun is the visible form of E/c2
Mental E/c2 - Our thinking can produce creativeness, light, and good things
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

The Natural E/c2 in the form of mass produces a gravity that attracts other objects
The Intellectual E/c2 produces a gravity that draws us to study
The Spiritual E/c2 also has a gravity that draws and makes religion attractive

In understanding God....

Natural E/c2 - Like in going to a nice church
Intellectual E/c2 - Like reading the Bible
Spiritual E/c2 - Like experiencing the Holy Spirit

It is nice when we can attend a Church and feel like we have been blessed with the Spirit and the Word!

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean by that exactly?
Hi April Rose,
My guess is that Taken is saying that the only way to understand God is through God Himself, as only He can give us spiritual eyes TO understand...? If I am incorrect on that one @Taken , please correct me.

"One Way" I'd say that this is speaking about Christ being the ONLY Way, Truth and Life? And that, NO man comes to The Father except it be through The Son.

And, "God gives a man "His understanding" And I take this to say that only through the Spirit of God can we have understanding

I could very well be wrong but...this is what I take from Taken's post :)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma, the sun is the visible form of E/c2

The Natural E/c2 in the form of mass produces a gravity that attracts other objects

In understanding God....

It is nice when we can attend a Church and feel like we have been blessed with the Spirit and the Word!

Lol, now I'm even more confused. :confused:

Reactions: Bobby Jo and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In understanding God....

...and even better if you know all the mathy/sciency formulas, lol. o_O :D

Reactions: April_Rose

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...Is there any way for us to do this?
Only to some degree.The Bible says: Touching the Almighty, we cannot find Him out: He is excellent in power, and in judgment, and in plenty of justice: He will not afflict. Men do therefore fear Him: He respecteth not any that are wise of heart. (Job 37:23,24)

"We cannot find Him out" means that when all is said and done, human beings cannot fathom God. Divine logic is THE OPPOSITE of human logic, and we see this in God's plan of salvation. Thus God says: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. (Isa 55:8,9)

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol, now I'm even more confused. :confused:

I did my best, apologies. All of these living things came from mass, or earth. And from the earth arose all matter of creatures. The complexity of creation is great.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi April Rose,
My guess is that Taken is saying that the only way to understand God is through God Himself, as only He can give us spiritual eyes TO understand...? If I am incorrect on that one @Taken , please correct me.

"One Way" I'd say that this is speaking about Christ being the ONLY Way, Truth and Life? And that, NO man comes to The Father except it be through The Son.

And, "God gives a man "His understanding" And I take this to say that only through the Spirit of God can we have understanding

I could very well be wrong but...this is what I take from Taken's post :)

Nope, spot on.
Gods understanding is not the same as man's.
Man "weighs" between this info and that info to conclude what mindfully, logically makes sense to him. Tomorrow the man could receive more information, weigh it, logically conclude and believe something else, repeat, repeat, repeat.
What you have is a repeat of "one changing their minds beliefs on any given day."
Add into to that, Philosophies of other men, who are revered as "great thinkers", and "their great name exalted as their Thoughts and understanding being a model to believe".

Gods Word, absolute Truth.
Gods Understanding of His own Word, absolute Truth.

We can mindfully guess all day long.
But then there is that little thingy about the Carnal Mind being Against God.

Rom 8:
[7] Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Best one-liner Scripture for Point.

1 Chr 22:
[12] Only the LORD give thee wisdom and understanding, and give thee charge concerning Israel, that thou mayest keep the law of the LORD thy God.

However there are other Scriptures relating to the same knowledge.

Glory to God,
Taken

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, spot on.
Gods understanding is not the same as man's.
Glory to God,...
Taken

"Add into to that, Philosophies of other men, who are revered as "great thinkers", and "their great name exalted as their Thoughts and understanding being a model to believe".

Commentaries, books, all writings of men (meaning that of men who were NOT inspired of the Holy Spirit) Oh so many Of them. This brings to mind all of the "ists" and "ism's, as they all seem to have a "man's" name preceding them, and that is concerning in and of itself as, many never pray for discernment in spiritual matters. Sure, there are several that I enjoy reading, but it's still only their opinions/interpretations.

IF one has discernment and is solid in their faith, the true faith of Jesus, then I see no problem in what they all think or write...as long as we are Bereans :) we SHOULD be able to discern...

"Rom 8:
[7] Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Best one-liner Scripture for Point."

"Indeed", neither can it be! Without......Him.
Give thanks for ALL things!
nancy

Reactions: mjrhealth and Taken

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Of the quote I quoted above I didn't really get most of what you said, but these two paragraphs I'd like to understand more the most.
It is sort of cute in an ugly sort of way. :D
Oky....here are the bare bones.

The issue of sin goes beyond our Earths history. Rebellion (sin) started in heaven with Lucifer (Satan) well before the Creation of Earth and its inhabitants....pride being the catalyst.
To add,.... our Earth is not the only creation in God's vast Universe. We know a little of this. There are angels of different types (Seraphim and Cherubim) The scripture tells us a portion (1/3) sided with Lucifer in his rebellion of which the issue was the rules by which the universe is and should be governed. Lucifer claimed to have a better way.

I believe there are other Worlds also. Why do I say this? Because I can't imagine a Creative God who lives in the vast unimaginable realms of eternity with an empty Universe.

Of all God's creation it was Earth's inhabitants who succumbed to his temptations (as well as a portion of the angels) and in so doing sided with Lucifer in rebellion against their Creator.

The natural consequence of opposing God (life) was a winding down of life (dying/death) Lucifer is subjected to the same process mankind is, ie of diminishing life. He has a bigger 'battery' so to speak but it is as surely running down as is mankind's.

God in his kindness toward his creation has implemented a 'rescue plan'....we call it and know it as Salvation.....and this plan is being worked out on Earth, now Lucifers realm.....his Kingdom if you like. Other worlds never succumbed to Lucifer's temptations but they are watching as are the loyal angels as to how God deals with and remedies the problem of rebellion (death)

Children dying, disease, sickness, relationship breakdown, selfishness, self absorption are all the result of Lucifer's way of governing and he tricks people into thinking it is 'normal'.

Pagan religions have formulated views and practices which accepts death as being a part of the 'life cycle' as if it were normal but we know from scripture that death is an enemy.

Many Christian organisations have incorporated in their belief systems many similarities to the pagan belief systems the primary one being the idea that the soul is immortal......but that's another subject.

When the cup of rebellion is full....the end will come. The scripture gives us indicators as to what constitutes 'full' or some call it 'midnight'......We are not far away.

Now, A-R....there is much more information available than the bare bones presented above.....I hope you can get your head around this 'picture.'

Last edited:

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oky....here are the bare bones.

The issue of sin goes beyond our Earths history. Rebellion (sin) started in heaven with Lucifer (Satan) pride being the catalyst.
To add,.... our Earth is not the only creation in God's vast Universe. We know a little of this. There are angels of different types (Seraphim and Cherubim) The scripture tells us a portion (1/3) sided with Lucifer in his rebellion of which the issue was the rules by which the universe is and should be governed. Lucifer claimed to have a better way.

I believe there are other Worlds also. Why do I say this? Because I can't imagine a Creative God who lives in the vast unimaginable realms of eternity with an empty Universe.

Of all God's creation it was Earth's inhabitants who succumbed to his temptations (as well as a portion of the angels) and in so doing sided with Lucifer in rebellion against their Creator.

The natural consequence of opposing God (life) was a winding down of life (dying/death) Lucifer is subjected to the same process mankind is, ie of diminishing life. He has a bigger 'battery' so to speak but it is as surely running down as is mankind's.

God in his kindness toward his creation has implemented a 'rescue plan'....we call it and know it as Salvation.....and this plan is being worked out on Earth, now Lucifers realm.....his Kingdom if you like. Other worlds never succumbed to Lucifer's temptations but they are watching as are the loyal angels as to how God deals with and remedies the problem of rebellion (death)

Children dying, disease, sickness, relationship breakdown, selfishness, self absorption are all the result of Lucifer's way of governing and he tricks people into thinking it is 'normal'.

Pagan religions have formulated views and practices which accepts death as being a part of the 'life cycle' as if it were normal but we know from scripture that death is an enemy.

Many Christian organisations have incorporated in their belief systems many similarities to the pagan belief systems the primary one being the idea that the soul is immortal......but that's another subject.

When the cup of rebellion is full....the end will come. The scripture gives us indicators as to what constitutes 'full' or some call it 'midnight'......We are not far away.

Now, A-R....there is much more information available than the bare bones presented above.....I hope you can get your head around this 'picture.'

So in other words it all falls back to Satan being the main cause of all this? In a nutshell? This is a yes or no question btw.