Understanding God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@April_Rose what you need is a baby platypus maybe, they're cuter:
019-baby-platypus_1024.jpg

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@ WaterSong
"Knowledge is knowing that the tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad."

I put mine in a root salad....does that qualify?

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Now, to get back to your question.....here is an answer; children die and evil and sickness remain because there are remaining revelations to the watching Universe that have yet to unfold.....and when the cup of deception is full......when all intelligences watching events unfold on Earth understand that God has done the absolute maximum to vindicate his character and save people.....when all see and are satisfied that there is nothing more God can do and Satan and his minions stand bare and naked, exposed with no excuses or reasons left, then Earths history as we know it will close.....then Jesus will return!

Mmmm. That is nicely put.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I still have fear though. :(

Fear / FAITH / fear/ FAITH / fear / FAITH.

I choose FAITH! But so it must come with not only preparing ourselves spiritually but also physically, because FAITH without WORKS is DEAD. And use your FAITH to guide your WORKS exactly as GOD calls you! (Ref. Luke 22:36)

With Very, VERY BEST Regards,
Bobby Jo :)

Reactions: April_Rose

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you didn't (have fear) you wouldn't be human.

Maybe I'm not human; because the following is true in my life.

2Ti 1:7, For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Funny thing about this is, because I have not fear I am considered by worldly people to not have a sound mind.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
when all see and are satisfied that there is nothing more God can do and Satan and his minions stand bare and naked, exposed with no excuses or reasons left, then Earths history as we know it will close.....then Jesus will return.

Actually, satan will still have a time coming after Jesus returns at which he will be released from his prison after 1,000 yrs and will deceive the nations once again...then there will be a final end.

Reactions: April_Rose

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Actually, satan will still have a time coming after Jesus returns at which he will be released from his prison after 1,000 yrs and will deceive the nations once again...then there will be a final end.
he will deceive the resurrected wicked for the final time.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I agree; the great tribulation from Matthew 24 does not seem to be something that the church will pass through...
I am still undecided on that; while the denomination that I attend makes it a qualification for ministry that you believe in and teach a pre-tribulation rapture.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I am still undecided on that; while the denomination that I attend makes it a qualification for ministry that you believe in and teach a pre-tribulation rapture.
Okay.

For me, it's relates a lot to distinctions between the church and Israel. It seems all to fall into place if one makes this clear-cut distinction, IMHO.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that if you consider the elect to be those who are predestinated to everlasting life it kind of destroys pre-tribulation rapture doctrine in Matthew 24.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think that if you consider the elect to be those who are predestinated to everlasting life it kind of destroys pre-tribulation rapture doctrine in Matthew 24.
Well, I wouldn't be the Reformed sort of Calvinist - even though the sovereignty of God in John 6 and Ephesians 2 and elsewhere is so clear.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I wouldn't be the Reformed sort of Calvinist - even though the sovereignty of God in John 6 and Ephesians 2 and elsewhere is so clear.
I think that scripture testifies that the elect are those who have been predestinated to salvation...and I do not think that this idea is confined to Calvinistic theology.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think that scripture testifies that the elect are those who have been predestinated to salvation...and I do not think that this idea is confined to Calvinistic theology.
Sometimes the term elect seems to refer to Israel. (I don't see the church in the OT myself.)

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The great tribulation is the experience of all God's people in time. The intensity and nature of this tribulation waxes and wanes. Satan uses good and bad times to catch his prey....he cares not if it's through wealth and influence, ease and popularity, pride in theology or physical torture. These pressures will ramp up and reach their climax before the great rescue mission; the second coming.

As you well know, the world has now entered an irreversible trajectory. There are yet some events to transpire and we are counselled to be aware and watch. Why? so we have our house in order and are not caught with our pants down so to speak.

The big question is, what is it that constitutes having ones house in order?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christ is fully Human and fully God, that is a must for a Christian to believe.
Really show me where it says that, seems mo be common theme these days, that dispute I wrote about

Act_8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.\

1Th_1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

You want to know God, comes with much tribulation, but no man will ever fully know Him our minds are far to small to comprehend the wisdom that is God.