Understanding The END by the Beginning

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This topic is going to be about a type of 'birds-eye' view of God's Plan of Salvation, including events about the old world when Satan originally rebelled in coveting God's throne.

1. Per Isaiah 14, starting with verse 4, God is actually pointing to Satan himself that originally coveted God's throne, and wanted to exalt himself as GOD.

Isa 14:4-17
4 That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, "How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!
5 The LORD hath broken the staff of the wicked, and the sceptre of the rulers.
6 He who smote the people in wrath with a continual stroke, he that ruled the nations in anger, is persecuted, and none hindereth.
7 The whole earth is at rest, and is quiet: they break forth into singing.
8 Yea, the fir trees rejoice at thee, and the cedars of Lebanon, saying, "Since thou art laid down, no feller is come up against us."
9 Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.
10 All they shall speak and say unto thee, "Art thou also become weak as we? art thou become like unto us?"
11 Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.

God starts off the above as a 'proverb' against the 'king of Babylon', but He is actually pointing to Satan, simply using the flesh king of Babylon as a 'type' for Satan. We find this same type of language also in Ezekiel 28, with God using the titles of the flesh prince and king of Tyrus as symbolic for Satan, a covering cherub. This is a spiritual matter written in God's Word; not everyone will understand it.

12 How art thou fallen from heaven,
O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, "I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High."

All that underlined above is God repeating what Satan had said in claiming to exalt himself in God's place. Nor is Lucifer a "son of the morning" (meaning Morning Star), but God is only repeating Satan's claim. Jesus Christ is the only True Morning Star (see Rev.22).

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying,
"Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?"
KJV

You do realize that even Satan and all the angels have the image of 'man', right? Satan is a beautiful cherub, made the full pattern God said in Ezekiel 28. When Christ returns in our near future, Satan is going to be cast in his pit prison and locked up for the "thousand years" of Rev.20. That is when those who see him will say that, "Is this the man...".

Thusly, the title "king of Babylon" is another one of Satan's titles, even though it was Nebuchadnezzar, king of flesh Babylon that was called that. The area of Babylon is where the very first idol worship began, with the first king of the Sumerians, Sargon I.

2. Ezekiel 28 gives more detail about the time in the 'old world' BEFORE Satan rebelled in coveting God's throne...

Ezek 28:2-10
2 Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, "Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, "I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas"; yet ,thou art a man and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God:

The name "Tyrus" means 'rock'. Remember Deuteronomy 32:31 that "their rock is not as our Rock". That lower case "rock" points to Satan, and it even is about his mimic of wanting to be God, The ROCK.

"No, Davy, this is about the flesh prince of Tyrus, a man, not Satan," some might say. Well who first coveted God's Throne? and was exalted in riches when he rebelled against God in the 'old world'? It was Satan, that old serpent, whom God called "a man" in Isaiah 14. So you have to make choice about just who our Heavenly Father is actually pointing to here. If you decide God is just speaking of a flesh man here, you will miss what is to come.

3 Behold, thou art wiser than Daniel; there is no secret that they can hide from thee:

Daniel was very wise, and I don't think the flesh prince of Tyrus even could come close.

4 With thy wisdom and with thine understanding thou hast gotten thee riches, and hast gotten gold and silver into thy treasures:
5 By thy great wisdom and by thy traffick hast thou increased thy riches, and thine heart is lifted up because of thy riches:
6 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thou hast set thine heart as the heart of God;
7 Behold, therefore I will bring strangers upon thee, the terrible of the nations: and they shall draw their swords against the beauty of thy wisdom, and they shall defile thy brightness.
8 They shall bring thee down to the pit, and thou shalt die the deaths of them that are slain in the midst of the seas.
9 Wilt thou yet say before Him That slayeth thee, "I am God?" but thou shalt be a man, and no God, in the hand of Him That slayeth thee.
10 Thou shalt die the deaths of the uncircumcised by the hand of strangers: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD.
KJV

Is that about Satan, or just a flesh prince of Tyre? Let's keep going to find out...

Ezek 28:11-19
11 Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, "Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.

Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

Let's see, was a flesh king of Tyrus ever in God's Garden of Eden? No! Just right there, one ought to know God is not talking about a flesh king here.

Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

A cherub is a heavenly created being. That's what Satan is, a cherub. And Satan was originally created to serve God, and guard His Throne. That's what that "cherub that covereth" idea means. If you've seen the movie Raiders of the Lost Ark, with the two winged creatures characterized on the top of the Ark, then Satan was originally one of those before he rebelled in coveting the very Throne he was created to guard.

16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

Because Satan was haughty, and coveted God's Throne and place for himself, God cast him out of His Heavenly mountain, and from the midst of the stones of fire (i.e., God's Altar in Heaven).

Satan's accumulating a multitude of merchandise also reveals how he felt exalted. Back at verse 5 it says his heart was lifted up by all those riches. That points to back in that 'old world' which God destroyed, prior to Adam and Eve, riches, trade, and merchandise also existed in that old world when Satan first fell.

17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

When is God going to do that above? On the day of Christ's future return, when Satan will be locked in chains in his pit prison, along with his servants of the kings of the earth (see Rev.20 & Isaiah 24-21-23).

18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.
19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.
KJV

When is God going to bring that fire within Satan (spontaneous combustion?), upon this earth in plain sight of men? After Christ's future "thousand years" reign, when he will be cast into the "lake of fire" (Rev.20).

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ezekiel 31 is another Chapter that God is using the "Assyrian" as a type for Satan. That chapter also heavily uses metaphors like the cedars of Lebanon and fir trees, and the waters (God's River back then), when Satan was exalted above all the other trees in God's Garden.

All this begs a question of just WHEN Satan first rebelled in coveting God's Throne? And further, another question, with just HOW does that relate to the end of this world?

We know that by the time Satan appears in Eden as "that old serpent", tempting Adam and Eve, that he was already in his role as the adversary against God. That means he did not first rebel during the time of Adam and Eve, but at some point prior to Adam and Eve.

Many are willingly ignorant that there was a previous world earth age prior to the time of Adam and Eve. God's Word only hints about it. And it is a matter that Apostle Peter said some struggle with in Apostle Paul's Epistles. This present world earth age we are in actually began at Genesis 1:2 when God literally destroyed His first original creation of the "world that then was", using a flood of waters upon the earth, and then began anew past that. That event ended... Satan's original rebellion against Him (see also Jeremiah 4:23-28).

This second world earth age we are now in is an imperfect condition, and is preserved unto destruction (2 Peter 3). We in Christ look for a new heavens and a new earth.

And according to Apostle Paul in 2 Corinthians 5, and 1 Corinthians 15, the future resurrection body type is to be a "spiritual body". God's future Kingdom will not... be one of flesh and bones, as Paul also declared in 1 Corinthians 15:50. We each have a spirit with soul attached to our flesh body while alive on earth, and once our flesh is cast off at flesh death, or on the "last trump", we will never need it again. But the earth is forever, as written.

How was the world that then was, which God destroyed when Satan first rebelled? It also... was a spiritual body type existence. When Lord Jesus returns, man's time in a flesh body will be over. The former things will no longer be remembered, per Rev.21-22. There shall be no more death.

What this present world represents, is like a flat thin plate slid in between the sands of an eternal hourglass, with this present world putting God's eternity on hold, to see who wants to remain with Him and His Son, or perish. When all have made their choice, then that flat thin plate will be pulled out, and we will continue into God's Eternity with Him and His Son.