Understanding the Prophecy of 70 Weeks

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the mansions are in heaven, where He will take us, the hope of believers since He declared it..

He didn't say he was taking anyone anywhere in that passage and in the rapture which is post-trib, Jesus doesn't do any taking either.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know very well what happened between 66 and 70 AD as well as the continuing rebellion until 135 AD! But 70 Ad was the fulfilment of the Luke 21:20-24 portion of the Olivet Discourse which was teh judgment for the unpardonable sin committed by the Pharisees in Matthew 12.

It is different both in quality and quantity that the Matthew 24:15-22 judgment
It's the sins of all not just Pharisees..

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's the sins of all not just Pharisees..
But the 66-70AD judgment was based on the national rejection of jesus as Israels Messiah by the leadership. Matthew 12 makes that clear.

The Pharisees rejected the messiahship of Jesus as being demon possessed in Matt. 12 and then Jesus pronounced the Luke 22 portion judgment of the Olivet discourse.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the 66-70AD judgment was based on the national rejection of jesus as Israels Messiah by the leadership. Matthew 12 makes that clear.

The Pharisees rejected the messiahship of Jesus as being demon possessed in Matt. 12 and then Jesus pronounced the Luke 22 portion judgment of the Olivet discourse.
But who cried 'crucify him, crucify him, his blood be upon us'... got to think that over..

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But who cried 'crucify him, crucify him, his blood be upon us'... got to think that over..
Yep the crowds did. But it was the leadership of Israel that the people turned to to answer the ultimate question--Was jesus Israels Messiah?

Matthew 12:

22 Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind, and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spake and saw.

23 And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David?

24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

27 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.

28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.

30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.

34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

38 Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.

39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

41 The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.

42 The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.

43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.

44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.

45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep the crowds did. But it was the leadership of Israel that the people turned to to answer the ultimate question--Was jesus Israels Messiah?

Matthew 12:

22 Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind, and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spake and saw.

23 And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David?

24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

27 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.

28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.

30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.

34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

38 Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.

39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

41 The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.

42 The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.

43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.

44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.

45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.
The thing is, just as today, the leaders may put out a path, but the people have to choose it. Remember the Pharisees would not move against Jesus because of the people, time and time again as they were listening to Christ. But now they were swayed by the leaders and the choice was made...

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thing is, just as today, the leaders may put out a path, but the people have to choose it. Remember the Pharisees would not move against Jesus because of the people, time and time again as they were listening to Christ. But now they were swayed by the leaders and the choice was made...
One thing you must learn about the Jewish mentality, during most times Israel was in the land, they followed their leadership. Even among scular Jews there is a follow the leader because of Scripture.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing you must learn about the Jewish mentality, during most times Israel was in the land, they followed their leadership. Even among scular Jews there is a follow the leader because of Scripture.
But everyone is going to be judged by their choices, not the 'leader'...

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But everyone is going to be judged by their choices, not the 'leader'...
Yes but the judgment Jesus pronounced was not about salvation or damnation. It was about Israel as a "nation" was to be judged in time and sent away! The temple was destroyed in 70 AD and in 135 AD under the Jesus bar Kochba rebellion, the land was plowed under, renamed and the final portion of the diaspora took place.

It was the same type of jdudgment God imposed on Israel when
Babylon sent the JEWS INTO EXILE. BOTH THE RIGHTEOUS AND UNRIGHTEOUS WERE EXILED.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes but the judgment Jesus pronounced was not about salvation or damnation. It was about Israel as a "nation" was to be judged in time and sent away! The temple was destroyed in 70 AD and in 135 AD under the Jesus bar Kochba rebellion, the land was plowed under, renamed and the final portion of the diaspora took place.

It was the same type of jdudgment God imposed on Israel when
Babylon sent the JEWS INTO EXILE. BOTH THE RIGHTEOUS AND UNRIGHTEOUS WERE EXILED.
In other words all, the people and the leaders right..?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you can see how this is what happened..
Yes, America is in the early stages of a gentile nation being judged for its wickedness. And barring the rapture, both the just and unjust will feel the sting of Gods judgment on this nation.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, America is in the early stages of a gentile nation being judged for its wickedness. And barring the rapture, both the just and unjust will feel the sting of Gods judgment on this nation.
Now we are getting on point of the rise of the Image of the Beast, which we are witnessing as it begins to seize the power of the New World Order. But that is best left for another thread so not to derail this one..