Understanding the Unquenchable Fire.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deu 4:24
For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.
Deu 9:3
Understand therefore this day, that the LORD thy God is he which goeth over before thee; as a consuming fire he shall destroy them, and he shall bring them down before thy face: so shalt thou drive them out, and destroy them quickly, as the LORD hath said unto thee.
Heb 12:29
For our God is a consuming fire.

Psa 37:20
But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.

oh see now that is interesting..

Gen 4:4
And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:

what is the fat.. is it like leaven? Is it sin?

Hab 1:12
Art thou not from everlasting, O LORD my God, mine Holy One? we shall not die. O LORD, thou hast ordained them for judgment; and, O mighty God, thou hast established them for correction.
Hab 1:13
Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity: wherefore lookest thou upon them that deal treacherously, and holdest thy tongue when the wicked devoureth the man that is more righteous than he?
Hab 1:14
And makest men as the fishes of the sea, as the creeping things, that have no ruler over them?
Hab 1:15
They take up all of them with the angle, they catch them in their net, and gather them in their drag: therefore they rejoice and are glad.
Hab 1:16
Therefore they sacrifice unto their net, and burn incense unto their drag; because by them their portion is fat, and their meat plenteous.
Hab 1:17
Shall they therefore empty their net, and not spare continually to slay the nations?

They:
Hab 1:6
For, lo, I raise up the Chaldeans, that bitter and hasty nation, which shall march through the breadth of the land, to possess the dwellingplaces that are not theirs.
Hab 1:7
They are terrible and dreadful: their judgment and their dignity shall proceed of themselves.

Chaldea, land in southern Babylonia (modern southern Iraq) frequently mentioned in the Old Testament.Strictly speaking, the name should be applied to the land bordering the head of the Persian Gulf between the Arabian desert and the Euphrates delta.

BAKU, Azerbaijan, January 18. Iran will begin air defense military exercises called 'Provincial Sky Defenders' in a 600-square-kilometer area in the south of the country, including the coasts of the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman, on January 18, said Commander of the Khatam-al Anbiya Air Defense Headquarters of the Iranian Army General Ghader Rahimzadeh, Trend reports.

Just digging, looking for the fire...
All roads lead somewhere..
This one leads to Iran/Chaldeans going to catch some fat. And it's gonna get smokey over there.

This can't be good.

Sorry for the interuption.. just connecting dots..
ugh
Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But we can still feel the flames.

Luk 24:30
And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them.
Luk 24:31
And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.
Luk 24:32
And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

He took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them.
That sounds familiar...

Luk 24:35
And they told what things were done in the way, and how he was known of them in breaking of bread.

While he opened the scriptures to us.
Jhn 13:7
Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.

Jhn 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?
And they told what things were done in the way, and how he was known of them in breaking of bread.

What is the "burn" in their hearts?

Hugs

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luk 24:30
And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them.
Luk 24:31
And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.
Luk 24:32
And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

He took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them.
That sounds familiar...

Luk 24:35

While he opened the scriptures to us.
Jhn 13:7
Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.

Jhn 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

What is the "burn" in their hearts?

Hugs
The burn you refer to is a different burn than the lake of fire. The lake of fire is a tortuous burn. The burn you refer to is a burn of a desire to do something good.

Reactions: rwb and Ziggy

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look what Paul says a bit later on this same thing..
Ephesians 4:30
And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

You are sealed by the Holy Spirit 'unto the day of redemption.' This is the resurrection, which we all await, and comes at end, the Second Coming.

Yes, we are sealed with the Holy Spirit within. It is the Spirit that gives us supernatural breath of life (spirit) that Christ says shall NEVER die. With the Spirit of Christ within us, the breath of life (spirit) leaves our dead flesh & bone and the spirit returns to God who gave it. Through the Spirit within our supernatural breath of life NEVER ceases to be alive but continues to be living soul in heaven a spiritual body of believers there. After physical death the believer waits spiritually alive in heaven for the last trumpet to sound indicating time given this earth shall be no longer. Then the spiritual body of believers (living souls) shall return with Christ to give immortal & incorruptible life to our resurrected dead bodies. Then we shall again be whole having both immortal body of flesh and the breath of life from our eternal spirit, and together we will be as man was in the beginning at creation, living souls for everlasting life on the new earth.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 (KJV) Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

John 6:63 (KJV)
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

1 Corinthians 15:44 (KJV) It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

1 Thessalonians 4:14 (KJV) For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

John 5:28-29 (KJV)
Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

1 Corinthians 15:51-53 (KJV) Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

Revelation 10:5-7 (KJV) And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven, And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer: But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

There would be nothing to return with Christ if death of our flesh is to be altogether without life. The fact that Christ brings with Him those who have died in faith when He comes again, is proof of life after physical death, otherwise it makes no sense for Christ to bring them back with Him. If we are not a spiritual body of believers in heaven after physical death then Paul would not have longed to be rid of his body of death (flesh) to be present with the Lord in heaven a spiritual body there.

In life we long for not only the day when our spirit will ascend to heaven to be a spiritual body of believers there, we also long for the day when the last trumpet shall begin to sound that our Lord has come again when we shall once again be complete with body + spirit = complete living souls where we shall be with Christ forever on the new earth. Where there shall be no more death, no more pain, no more tears or sin or evil of any kind FOREVER!

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you believe, you also have faith that He who has the power can raise us even from death at the resurrection and give us life, as He made clear....
John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Yes, indeed we do have this hope! We also have assurance that the supernatural life we have through the Spirit of Christ within shall not leave us and shall be with us until our mortal body is resurrected immortal and reunited with our eternal spirit that through Christ's Spirit in us that shall NEVER die. Because in life we had part in Christ, Who is the resurrection (first), and the life we have through Him shall be a spiritual body of believers in heaven even though our mortal flesh is ordained to die!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deu 4:24
For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.
Deu 9:3
Understand therefore this day, that the LORD thy God is he which goeth over before thee; as a consuming fire he shall destroy them, and he shall bring them down before thy face: so shalt thou drive them out, and destroy them quickly, as the LORD hath said unto thee.
Heb 12:29
For our God is a consuming fire.

Psa 37:20
But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.

oh see now that is interesting..

Gen 4:4
And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:

what is the fat.. is it like leaven? Is it sin?

Hab 1:12
Art thou not from everlasting, O LORD my God, mine Holy One? we shall not die. O LORD, thou hast ordained them for judgment; and, O mighty God, thou hast established them for correction.
Hab 1:13
Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity: wherefore lookest thou upon them that deal treacherously, and holdest thy tongue when the wicked devoureth the man that is more righteous than he?
Hab 1:14
And makest men as the fishes of the sea, as the creeping things, that have no ruler over them?
Hab 1:15
They take up all of them with the angle, they catch them in their net, and gather them in their drag: therefore they rejoice and are glad.
Hab 1:16
Therefore they sacrifice unto their net, and burn incense unto their drag; because by them their portion is fat, and their meat plenteous.
Hab 1:17
Shall they therefore empty their net, and not spare continually to slay the nations?

They:
Hab 1:6
For, lo, I raise up the Chaldeans, that bitter and hasty nation, which shall march through the breadth of the land, to possess the dwellingplaces that are not theirs.
Hab 1:7
They are terrible and dreadful: their judgment and their dignity shall proceed of themselves.

Chaldea, land in southern Babylonia (modern southern Iraq) frequently mentioned in the Old Testament.Strictly speaking, the name should be applied to the land bordering the head of the Persian Gulf between the Arabian desert and the Euphrates delta.

BAKU, Azerbaijan, January 18. Iran will begin air defense military exercises called 'Provincial Sky Defenders' in a 600-square-kilometer area in the south of the country, including the coasts of the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman, on January 18, said Commander of the Khatam-al Anbiya Air Defense Headquarters of the Iranian Army General Ghader Rahimzadeh, Trend reports.

Just digging, looking for the fire...
All roads lead somewhere..
This one leads to Iran/Chaldeans going to catch some fat. And it's gonna get smokey over there.

This can't be good.

Sorry for the interuption.. just connecting dots..
ugh
Hugs
Yes, but you also have literal fire, have to discern...
Genesis 19:24
Then the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven;

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The burn you refer to is a different burn than the lake of fire. The lake of fire is a tortuous burn. The burn you refer to is a burn of a desire to do something good.
Maybe the temperature depends on the one it's burning.
If I have an evil heart and I am spoken to with Love. I think that burn would be kind of tortuous to hear because it takes away my thunder.
If I was evil and I was spoken to with forgiveness, it might ire me and make me angry because your dowsing water on my fire.

God is an all consuming fire. What does that look like when God is burning away the sin from your heart and replacing it with his own Spirit?

The lake of fire isn't meant for men, it's meant for evil spirits.
I don't believe God intends to save evil spirits.
God don't want to save hatred or malice or anger, or adulterous heart, or lying or cheating or stealing......
These are what I believe get thrown into the lake of fire.
And what comes out the other side is, love, joy, peace, kindness, longsuffering and mercy....

I believe we all have to be "salted" with fire. We all have to go through the flame and have the dross removed.
Spiritually speaking of course. I believe in the OT some actually took this literally delivering up their own children and putting them through a literal fire.

Jer 19:5
They have built also the high places of Baal, to burn their sons with fire for burnt offerings unto Baal, which I commanded not, nor spake it, neither came it into my mind:

Just my thoughts
Hugs

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe the temperature depends on the one it's burning.
If I have an evil heart and I am spoken to with Love. I think that burn would be kind of tortuous to hear because it takes away my thunder.
If I was evil and I was spoken to with forgiveness, it might ire me and make me angry because your dowsing water on my fire.

God is an all consuming fire. What does that look like when God is burning away the sin from your heart and replacing it with his own Spirit?

The lake of fire isn't meant for men, it's meant for evil spirits.
I don't believe God intends to save evil spirits.
God don't want to save hatred or malice or anger, or adulterous heart, or lying or cheating or stealing......
These are what I believe get thrown into the lake of fire.
And what comes out the other side is, love, joy, peace, kindness, longsuffering and mercy....

I believe we all have to be "salted" with fire. We all have to go through the flame and have the dross removed.
Spiritually speaking of course. I believe in the OT some actually took this literally delivering up their own children and putting them through a literal fire.

Jer 19:5
They have built also the high places of Baal, to burn their sons with fire for burnt offerings unto Baal, which I commanded not, nor spake it, neither came it into my mind:

Just my thoughts
Hugs
What happens, I believe, is that sin has consequences. The example I use over and over is that if you rob a bank, you go to prison. You don't want that to happen.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but you also have literal fire, have to discern...
Genesis 19:24
Then the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven;
I hear you. And I have even watched videos concerning this very brimstone thats found nowhere else upon the earth except Sodom and Gomorrah. I believe that literally happened, but I also believe there is a spiritual principle behind it.
An Allegory if you will, like Sarah and Hagar.
Hugs

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, indeed we do have this hope! We also have assurance that the supernatural life we have through the Spirit of Christ within shall not leave us and shall be with us until our mortal body is resurrected immortal and reunited with our eternal spirit that through Christ's Spirit in us that shall NEVER die. Because in life we had part in Christ, Who is the resurrection (first), and the life we have through Him shall be a spiritual body of believers in heaven even though our mortal flesh is ordained to die!
Why do you need to repent then if you are 'immortal' of yourself, or even need a Redeemer if you reach heaven on your own.... The deceiver is very slick, have to see where he slips in the lie like at the garden.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What happens, I believe, is that sin has consequences. The example I use over and over is that if you rob a bank, you go to prison. You don't want that to happen.
If you rob a bank then the thing which causes you to rob comes from the heart.

Mat 15:18
But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
Mat 15:19
For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
Mat 15:20
These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

So isn't it the heart tha tmust be "punished" ?
Heb 10:31
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

I believe the Lake of fire is God's hands that are angry and we fall into or are cast into that.
Now thats scary.

Hugs

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you rob a bank then the thing which causes you to rob comes from the heart.

Mat 15:18
But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
Mat 15:19
For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
Mat 15:20
These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

So isn't it the heart tha tmust be "punished" ?
Heb 10:31
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

I believe the Lake of fire is God's hands that are angry and we fall into or are cast into that.
Now thats scary.

Hugs
I'm sure prison is not a fun place to spend one's life.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you need to repent then if you are 'immortal' of yourself, or even need a Redeemer if you reach heaven on your own.... The deceiver is very slick, have to see where he slips in the lie like at the garden.

Because I am NOT immortal as long as I am clothed in mortal body! My only hope, the only hope for all mankind is found in Christ Jesus our Lord alone! If we desire to have eternal/everlasting life through the Spirit of Christ we MUST be born again before our mortal body breathes its last. We do this by partaking of Christ while mortal beings when we hear the Gospel of the Kingdom proclaimed in the power of the Holy Spirit, and we BELIEVE in Christ for everlasting, unending life through His Spirit, and then we have sure hope of everlasting immortal physical life when Christ shall come again, not before.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because I am NOT immortal as long as I am clothed in mortal body! My only hope, the only hope for all mankind is found in Christ Jesus our Lord alone! If we desire to have eternal/everlasting life through the Spirit of Christ we MUST be born again before our mortal body breathes its last. We do this by partaking of Christ while mortal beings when we hear the Gospel of the Kingdom proclaimed in the power of the Holy Spirit, and we BELIEVE in Christ for everlasting, unending life through His Spirit, and then we have sure hope of everlasting immortal physical life when Christ shall come again, not before.

This is one of the things that prevents me from questioning what is said to be forever/eternal. If the life we receive through Christ is never ending life first through His Spirit in us, then through resurrected flesh changed from mortal to immortal, I accept that death has no power over those who have been born again of the Spirit of Christ. Should I not also accept that the suffering unbelievers shall experience in the LOF shall not also be without end? As I've already said, the Bible seems to indicate being cast into the LOF means to endure torment never ending. But we also read that to be cast into the LOF is to have part in the second death. So is the punishment never ending, or is the eternal consequences of being cast there never ending? The only thing I can say with absolute certainty is that I don't want to be among those whose names shall not be found written in the Book of Life at the GWTJ.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ gives you a 'robe of righteousness', but doesnt make anyone 'immortal' or give the gift of eternal life till after the resurrection, which is bodily and only then are we changed. Christ will resurrect and this means recreate dust like He did with the blind man, and in this case the righteous dead, or "dead in Christ", and breathe into them the breath of life, and they will be raised up into the clouds along with the living saints, and taken to Heaven.

When Jesus called Lazarus from the tomb, we see what it means to be in the grave, or dead, and there is nothing 'immortal'.
John 11:43-44
43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.
44 And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.

Nothing at all is stated about what transpired during those four days in which Lazarus was dead. Christ made no statement, neither did Martha or even Lazarus himself. The fact, of course, is that there was nothing to report about what happened after he died, no bright lights or gentle clouds or about the realm of the dead, simply because he had experienced the sleep of death which is a state of absolute silence and oblivion. Lazarus was not immortal, and had no consciousness or entity with his mind or ability to think, continue, he was just in the grave.

Last edited:

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sure prison is not a fun place to spend one's life.

If a Christian ever finds themselves in prison, it's time to start a prison ministry!

If a Christian ever finds themselves in a communist re-education camp, it's time to start a re-education camp ministry!