Understanding the Unquenchable Fire.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, look at the descriptions

Luke 16:20
And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

John 11:1
Now a certain man was sick, named Lazarus, of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha.
I see the rich man as the old man, and the poor man as the new man.
And you hear it the way God has you hear it.

Pro 29:13
The poor and the deceitful man meet together: the LORD lighteneth both their eyes.

Eph 4:22
That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
Eph 4:23
And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
Eph 4:24
And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Jhn 11:1
Now a certain man was sick, named Lazarus, of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha.
Jhn 11:2
(It was that Mary which anointed the Lord with ointment, and wiped his feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick. )
Jhn 11:3
Therefore his sisters sent unto him, saying, Lord, behold, he whom thou lovest is sick.
Jhn 11:6
When he had heard therefore that he was sick, he abode two days still in the same place where he was.

Jhn 11:9
Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.
Jhn 11:10
But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.
Jhn 11:11
These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.

1Th 5:4
But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
1Th 5:5
Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
1Th 5:6
Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
1Th 5:7
For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
1Th 5:8
But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
1Th 5:9
For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
1Th 5:10
Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

Hugs
:D

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see the rich man as the old man, and the poor man as the new man.
And you hear it the way God has you hear it.

Pro 29:13
The poor and the deceitful man meet together: the LORD lighteneth both their eyes.

Eph 4:22
That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
Eph 4:23
And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
Eph 4:24
And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Jhn 11:1
Jhn 11:2
(It was that Mary which anointed the Lord with ointment, and wiped his feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick. )
Jhn 11:3
Therefore his sisters sent unto him, saying, Lord, behold, he whom thou lovest is sick.
Jhn 11:6
When he had heard therefore that he was sick, he abode two days still in the same place where he was.

Jhn 11:9
Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.
Jhn 11:10
But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.
These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.

1Th 5:4
But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
1Th 5:5
Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
1Th 5:6
Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
1Th 5:7
For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
1Th 5:8
But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
1Th 5:9
For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
1Th 5:10
Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

Hugs
:D
But Gods Word shows they are not related...

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But Gods Word shows they are not related...
Well, Jesus spoke a parable about a man named Lazarus and Jesus raised a man named Lazarus from the dead.

Why did Jesus wait two days before going to Bethany to raise Lazarus from the dead?
Where was Lazarus for those two days?
The first day Lazarus died. The next two days Lazarus was sleeping. and on the fourth day he stank and Jesus rose him from the dead.

Lazarus was decomposing. The flesh was being destroyed. What is the flesh? It is sin. Lazarus was in the tomb or grave, aka hell.
Lazarus whether parable or natural, his flesh was dying. But the spirit of Lazarus was where? In Abraham's bosom. Or Lazarus was in the bosom of the Father.

Why did Jesus wait two days?

Hos 6:2
After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

Jhn 11:21
Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.
Jhn 11:22
But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee.

Jhn 11:24
Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
Jhn 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
Jhn 11:26
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Heb 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Beggar:
  1. lowly, afflicted, destitute of the Christian virtues and eternal riches
πτωχός properly, one who slinks and crouches) , often involving the idea of roving about in wretchedness

Rom 7:24
O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Rev 3:17
Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
Rev 3:18
I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

Lazarus = "whom God helps" (a form of the Hebrew name Eleazar)
an inhabitant of Bethany, beloved by Christ and raised from the dead by him
a very poor and wretched person to whom Jesus referred to in Luke 16:20-25

I see the connection, but some don't. And that's ok.

Hugs