Unforgiveable Blasphemy?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
no, no but alas and sadly you do not really know or realise what YOU ARE ACTUALLY SAYING AND ACCEPTING
is that your walk with Father is a heart thing - this is emotional and heart over head and is nowhere recommended and is a most dangerous place to be - twinc

Oh , no worries twinc
When we all stand before the Lord, He will be measuring hearts, not heads.
And for sure not doctrine.
A person could have an evil heart yet perfect doctrine. And another person may have some screwy doctrine but a loving serving heart.
As the commandments Jesus left us was " Love God ...and Love Neighbour.."
Which of the two would be accepted ?

Bless you ...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dangerous place to be?!! I think not.

Oh I know your position...and I am sure that you and a thousand other truly believe that you are correct.
I believe that our walk with Father is a heart thing, not a doctrine thing.

I trust Him.

God bless you.
Even so! While our doctrinal specifics undoubtedly differ, what I highlighted in blue is where we come together. When I encountered that many years ago, God showed me the need to stop lumping together Catholics, Muslims, JWs, Mormons, Hindi, etc. into an unpardonable group of the lost unless they called on the name of Jesus. I believe now that some of them have done just that without being able to define it terminology acceptable to probably many who do bear the label Christian.

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
twinc:
I see you are quick to sarcastically be concerned about a precarious position or basis that someone is taking regarding the destiny of unbelievers, at least. Then how about sharing your view on this particular topic?

APAK
I really wouldn't expect a clear answer from twinc. He has some very definite beliefs some of which have become clear to me over the years, but not because he sat down expressed them clearly in response to an inquiry such as yours.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God showed me the need to stop lumping together Catholics, Muslims, JWs, Mormons, Hindi, etc. into an unpardonable group of the lost unless they called on the name of Jesus. I believe now that some of them have done just that without being able to define it terminology acceptable to probably many who do bear the label Christian.

Amen I feel the same. But many will still argue that they know...and those groups didn't do it "just right" and not to the letter of the required born again law.
I must admit, the more I hear people declaring that they "know this" and they "know that"...causes me to pray for the arrogance , legalism and harshness that still plagues the Church Of God. Very sad.
Touch and humble your people once again Lord.
1354196-200.png

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
the letter of the required born again law
Haha, yes we do seem to have an awful problem NOT making things into laws...We shall find that it was a waste of time and unnecessary, as well as many times in direct opposition to Gods will..thankfully He is a patient Father :)

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being of a simple and rejoicing heart when God began to work miracles in our life I innocently witnessed them to denominational church members that had no inkling of what I spoke. Instead of a joyful gladness I witnessed horror filled church goers that were shocked that I believed God had worked a miracle.

In short I filled up the bellies of the swine with perfectly good pearls.

As a consequence several told me that everything I'd received was from the debil!

These miracles of Jesus were attributed wrongly and I pray these poor ignorant souls not be held accountable for their hasty words.

They sit in Oaken pews and absorb the blather spouted forth by a man supposed to be a minister of the gospel. Out of one side of his mouth he states that the Bible is true from cover to cover and put of the other side broadcasts that the following scriptures went null and void when the disciples passed on. Sweet and bitter flowing from the mouth as says the word.

They are teaching literal blasphemy from what they were taught in the cemetery seminarys. Thank God for the one on one teachings of the Holy Spirit.

It's shocking to stand and hear that the things for which you've been petitioning God for in Jesus' name for years have actually been done by Satan! Hear it from those who attend church on a regular basis.

Very peculiar. Number one he has not the power to do those good creative things. Number two, in the previous unsaved 33 years of my wretched life he never tried to do anything except to kill me.

God is merciful to them and to me. The false pastors, false prophets and teachers have a large sin on their books in the half truths they expound. About half truths, a half truth is a whole lie and be careful of half truths. You may get the wrong half.

I'm amazed at how much of the old testament is dedicated to rebuking and charging those that a have abandoned the flocks and/or have taught rebellion against God and His word.

I rejoice that I'm not the judge of who has failed God in an eternal way. I forgive all who have come against me and called our blessings something else.

Satan spends a great deal of time trying to convince believers that they have blasphemed against God and can never be forgiven. I believe there are many that suffer under this condemnation.

2 Peter 3:15 KJVS
And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

Thanks be to God that He is more ready to forgive and save than to condemn. Thanks be to Him for His unspeakable gift. Remaining in a constant fear and admiration of God is good. I've seen Him deal with me and others in fearful ways. You can learn what He wants from you and some of us are quicker than others. I was very stubborn and that was stupid. I didn't realize I was being disobedient until He showed by chastising and even scourging me. I had to learn obedience through the things I suffered as says the word. I would not want to endure those things again. But praise God for His mercy because He brought me through.

I am grateful beyond expression that He yet deals with me as with a son so that I know He yet has mercy for me.

By this I know that you favor me, because my enemy has not triumphed over me.
Psalm 41:11

Last edited:

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
So you have a perfect understand of everything related to God? Wow! You must be one of a kind!

in this case just one will do to seal the issue = Jn13:3
The heart = Jn 13:3 also see Jer 17:9/Eph 4:18- twinc

Last edited:

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know the conversation has kind of changed, but I want to address the OP. I think you have it backwards. In context, Jesus talked about the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit because people said He cast out demons by Beelzebub. So it's more likely that you blaspheme the Holy Spirit by attributing His works to the devil than vice versa.

Reactions: mjrhealth and pia

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
I know the conversation has kind of changed, but I want to address the OP. I think you have it backwards. In context, Jesus talked about the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit because people said He cast out demons by Beelzebub. So it's more likely that you blaspheme the Holy Spirit by attributing His works to the devil than vice versa.

I do not but you and others claim individual inspiration, guidance and indwelling by the Holy Spirit producing fruits of division, dissent, differences, disputes, confusion and chaos - twinc

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did say;

Matthew 12:31-32 KJVS
Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. [32] And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Being familiar with the devices of the devil I see that convincing men that they have committed the unforgivable sin is a common lie.

Even saved believers are so ready to believe the worst about themselves. God will correct you (sounds easy doesn't it) for being disrespectful to Him by He has not abandoned you. God is not nearly as willing to condemn us to hell as Satan would have you to believe.

I've see His mercy in the very strong scourgings He sent upon me. I would not wish them upon anyone. Amen

But I love this scripture - these scriptures.

2 Peter 3:15 KJVS
And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

Psalm 118:18 KJVS
The Lord hath chastened me sore: but he hath not given me over unto death.

The psalmist had his battles with self discipline I see.

Psalm 41:11 KJVS
By this I know that thou favourest me, because mine enemy doth not triumph over me.

2 Peter 3:9 KJVS
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

My consideration of Him is that I still continue to hope in Him and His mercy for me.

Romans 8:24-25 KJVS
For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? [25] But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it .

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not but you and others claim individual inspiration, guidance and indwelling by the Holy Spirit producing fruits of division, dissent, differences, disputes, confusion and chaos - twinc
giphy.gif

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
I know the conversation has kind of changed, but I want to address the OP. I think you have it backwards. In context, Jesus talked about the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit because people said He cast out demons by Beelzebub. So it's more likely that you blaspheme the Holy Spirit by attributing His works to the devil than vice versa.[/

The Holy Spirit does not produce fruits such as division, confusion - it must be you and I that do imho - twinc

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit does not produce fruits such as division, confusion - it must be you and I that do imho - twinc
I completely agree. But how does that apply to what I said? I'm still trying to figure out where you're coming from here.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I completely agree. But how does that apply to what I said? I'm still trying to figure out where you're coming from here.

:D I have known our dear old friend Jim for over a decade...so let me know when you get the answer. LOL

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:D I have known our dear old friend Jim for over a decade...so let me know when you get the answer. LOL
All I know is that I believe in the importance of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, and being led by Him, and in the importance of having the Word of God as our unshakable foundation. And I do not promote division or confusion. I'm all about unity and having a sound mind/the mind of Christ. They're not mutually exclusive. You can be filled with and led by the Holy Spirit and be rooted and grounded in the Word at the same time.

Although I very well could be completely misunderstanding him. I've learned that there are a few cryptic people here who don't like to just speak plainly, and they're pretty hard to understand. :)

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
All I know is that I believe in the importance of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, and being led by Him, and in the importance of having the Word of God as our unshakable foundation. And I do not promote division or confusion. I'm all about unity and having a sound mind/the mind of Christ. They're not mutually exclusive. You can be filled with and led by the Holy Spirit and be rooted and grounded in the Word at the same time.

Although I very well could be completely misunderstanding him. I've learned that there are a few cryptic people here who don't like to just speak plainly, and they're pretty hard to understand. :)

imho - here as elsewhere it is wrongly being generally stated and accepted that "you can be filled with and led by the Holy Spirit" - presumably you claim this applies to you -,so where did you pick this up or did you make it up and claim being led by the Holy Spirit since the bible at Jn 14 :16-17 seems to say otherwise - twinc