Vaccine... Again, sorry.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Boy howdy does that look official and true....but it's completely transparent that those numbers are trash.

Those numbers are from strictly influenza alone...those who died from resulting complications from having influenza are completely ignored which if those numbers are included it's around 180,000 every year....and the just shy of 190,000 just before coronavirus was an exceptionally bad year.

See...when you pull numbers you can pull them to show whatever you want. That's one of my beefs with the coronavirus numbers...we got a mishmash of numbers being reported because so many don't know the difference between deaths from coronavirus and deaths from coronavirus complications. My state is reporting strict coronavirus deaths and no one from coronavirus complications....where California and NY are reporting coronavirus complications as coronavirus deaths.
A difference between the two, but important nonetheless for accurate statistics.

True science is more complicated than you think others can understand...but there's wiseacres like me that expose the man behind the curtain.
I wasn't using the chart to represent anything other than what it explicitly says. Try to remain calm.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"80,000 Americans Died From Flu Last Year"

"Sept. 27, 2018 -- Influenza was deadlier last season than it has been for at least four decades, killing 80,000 Americans. So said the head of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention late Tuesday in an interview with the Associated Press."

80,000 Americans Died From Flu Last Year
I'll take the data from CDC rather than second-hand from WebMD. Believe what you want.

And how is 2017/2018 more recent than 2019/2020?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll take the data from CDC rather than second-hand from WebMD. Believe what you want.

And how is 2017/2018 more recent than 2019/2020?
Don't vaccines work great? We've had the flu vaccine about 80 years.

"Sept. 27, 2018 -- Influenza was deadlier last season than it has been for at least four decades, killing 80,000 Americans. So said the head of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention late Tuesday in an interview with the Associated Press."

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does CDC know the exact number of people who die from seasonal flu each year?
CDC does not know exactly how many people die from seasonal flu each year. There are several reasons for this. First, states are not required to report individual flu illnesses or deaths among people older than 18 years of age to CDC. Second, influenza is infrequently listed on death certificates of people who die from flu-related complications. Third, many flu-related deaths occur one or two weeks after a person’s initial infection, either because the person may develop a secondary bacterial co-infection (such as bacterial pneumonia) or because influenza can aggravate an existing chronic illness (such as congestive heart failure or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease). Also, most people who die from flu-related complications are not tested for flu, or they seek medical care later in their illness when influenza can no longer be detected from respiratory samples. Sensitive influenza tests are only likely to detect influenza if performed within a week after onset of illness. In addition, some commonly used tests to diagnose influenza in clinical settings are not highly sensitive and can provide false negative results (i.e. they misdiagnose flu illness as not being flu.) For these reasons, many flu-related deaths may not be recorded on death certificates. These are some of the reasons that CDC and other public health agencies in the United States and other countries use statistical and mathematical models to estimate the annual number of flu-related deaths.

Frequently Asked Questions about Estimated Flu Burden | CDC

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't vaccines work great? We've had the flu vaccine about 80 years.

This isn't even a response. It's just a copy-and-paste of what you posted before.

Do you trust stats or not?

Or do you only trust your favorite flavor of stats?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless they come from WebMD and they say what you want them to say, right?
This isn't even a response. It's just a copy-and-paste of what you posted before.

Do you trust stats or not?

Or do you only trust your favorite flavor of stats?
"CDC early estimates indicate that more than 900,000 people were hospitalized and more than 80,000 people died from flu last season."

National Press Conference Kicks Off 2018-2019 Flu Vaccination Campaign | CDC

New York Times:

Over 80,000 Americans Died of Flu Last Winter, Highest Toll in Years (Published 2018)

"Flu killed 80,000 people this past season and put 900,000 into the hospital, making it the worst influenza season in decades, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Thursday."

NBCNEWS
Flu killed 80,000 people this past season. Someone infected all of them

Want more?

Last edited:

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does that mean? (Was that a don't mess with my daughter thing?)
He keeps claiming that he isn't a duck...
But he quacks like a duck
Smells like a duck
Quacks like a duck
Talks like a duck...
But then says he's a rabbit.

Reactions: April_Rose

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"CDC early estimates indicate that more than 900,000 people were hospitalized and more than 80,000 people died from flu last season."

National Press Conference Kicks Off 2018-2019 Flu Vaccination Campaign | CDC

New York Times:

Over 80,000 Americans Died of Flu Last Winter, Highest Toll in Years (Published 2018)

"Flu killed 80,000 people this past season and put 900,000 into the hospital, making it the worst influenza season in decades, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Thursday."

NBCNEWS
Flu killed 80,000 people this past season. Someone infected all of them

Want more?
Ok, now that together we've amassed sufficient documentation to establish that the CDC crudely estimates 80,000 deaths for the 2017/18 season, how exactly does that relate to the OP?

And I still don't understand how you determine which stats are legit and which ones are phony. Because it's clear that you trust some and not others. :)

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Refresh my memory, where did I say I’m against vaccines...?
Give it up already... you expect us to believe you now?

Again... cognitive dissonance... surely you know what that means.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He keeps claiming that he isn't a duck...
But he quacks like a duck
Smells like a duck
Quacks like a duck
Talks like a duck...
But then says he's a rabbit.

It's a she,.. but you still quack me up sometimes. :D

Reactions: JohnDB

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, now that together we've amassed sufficient documentation to establish that the CDC crudely estimates 80,000 deaths for the 2017/18 season, how exactly does that relate to the OP?

And I still don't understand how you determine which stats are legit and which ones are phony. Because it's clear that you trust some and not others. :)
I asked you if you want more links. Years ago I started reading medical literature. I came across a Dr. Robert Mendelsohn. He was quite a rebel. He stated that MD should stand for Medical Death.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I asked you if you want more links. Years ago I started reading medical literature. I came across a Dr. Robert Mendelsohn. He was quite a rebel. He stated that MD should stand for Medical Death.
Lovely