vaccines

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Im4GOD

Sep 13, 2009
Hello all I want to pose a question for you all and this subject has me kind of worried..Do you suppose that the H1N1 vaccine (US/EU666) is safe to use? I have heard many stories about that and don't know if we as my family should take it! I myself won't.. the reason I labelled it as such with the US/EU*** is what I heard it called and kind of makes me think Google that label and see what it comes up with!GOD bless you allIM4GOD

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
We have been discussing this on my site and several others and I dont think anyone can give you an answer whats right for your family ... However I will give you my experience and what I advised my children about their kids. I have had the swine flu and its not that bad ... a couple days of stomach discomfort and then head cold symptoms and slight fever for me the worst was the sinus headache... it went to upper chest/bronchial area it all lasted about a week to ten days and I didn't feel well but was never very sick .... They say the flu itself is fairly mild and H1N1 has not killed anyone ...its the complication of pneumonia especially in those who are vulnerable to this complication After much research on this I advised my kids to get Pneumonia vaccines as they are available been around for a long time. heres some info on this : Pneumonia vaccine may help limit swine flu deaths Most of the serious consequences linked to the H1N1 virus are the result of pneumonia, but the Pneumovax vaccine is underused.By Thomas H. Maugh II|August 04, 2009In years past, the nation's attempts to prevent flu-related deaths have focused on limiting transmission of the virus through widespread vaccination programs. This year, with school starting up well before a vaccine for the pandemic H1N1 influenza virus will be available, there will be little that can slow the spread of the virus for the next few months.But there may yet be something that can be done to reduce hospitalizations and deaths associated with the virus, commonly known as swine flu, public health authorities say.Most of the serious consequences linked to the virus are the result of pneumonia, and an underused vaccine called Pneumovax can prevent, or at least limit, such complications in many patients. The vaccine, made by Merck & Co., stimulates the body's ability to neutralize the bacteria responsible for many cases of pneumonia, and it has the potential to prevent an estimated one-third of pneumonia deaths linked to swine flu. "We would certainly like to see the vaccine used more extensively," said Dr. William Schaffner, chairman of the preventive medicine department at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine and president-elect of the National Foundation for Infectious Diseases. Schaffner was a member of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advisory committee on vaccines that in early June strongly affirmed current recommendations for who should receive the vaccine.The normal target population for the pneumonia vaccine is a microcosm of those groups most likely to die or suffer serious complications from flu, so most experts say that eligible people should receive Pneumovax independent of its ability to affect the current pandemic. But those recommendations have apparently slipped by largely unnoticed, Schaffner said. http://articles.latimes.com/2009/aug/04/science/sci-pneu