The details of Revelation, are still being revealed in the upper levels of Heaven - on Earth we can only look to the Heavens with trepidation (lost?)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So there are many things revealed in Heaven and Jesus promised that this generation would by no means pass away, until all the things He spoke of had come to pass. The difficulty is that all of the things mentioned in Revelation about the world, are still being revealed in the upper levels of Heaven. The Devil has been cast out, but the wrath of the Devil has not yet been felt, by those dwelling on the Earth. When the wrath comes, we will know (it will be like the Lord's scourging), but for now we can only see that those in the Heavens are struggling with it. The Devil is able to make himself an angel of light, just like he will make himself an angel of wrath - the point is there is nothing we can do about the upper levels of Heaven, until Heaven comes to Earth. (This is something to pray about).

The horsemen of the seven seals, for example, has not been revealed on Earth, neither have the trumpets been heard, neither have the bowls of wrath been poured out. All these things have a place in Heaven and Heaven is coming to us - it remains for us to be faithful, in the anticipation of these things. That does not mean seals of various kinds, trumpets and bowls do not have a place on Earth, just that the things used for Earth are not the things spoken of in Revelation. The world has a mystery in this, given that it does not repent at the shadow of the things to come, but the mystery remains weak, diminished, not very strong. The spirit of this world is dull, it does not perceive that things are happening in the Heavenly realms. (This is a reason to intercede).

So we have a shadow of the Law of the Cross, in Revelation and for ages past, people have wondered what these things will be - what I am saying here is that if you keep your focus on Heaven, you will see Revelation come to life, just as those who were dead at the Cross, saw life in Christ (some believing, some disbelieving). There is power in this, because we will be a generation that was not shaken! We will be a generation that filled its heart with the Word of God, and beat mightily against the power of darkness in our time. We will be considered courageous, and believing and trusting - we will reach for the Heavens and surpass them, because we had the Spirit of Promise within us. (This is a reason to trust mercy).

It is remarkable that God is so confident in us, that He prepared us for this time - I hope this has been of some encouragement.

God bless.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

So there are many things revealed in Heaven and Jesus promised that this generation would by no means pass away, until all the things He spoke of had come to pass. The difficulty is that all of the things mentioned in Revelation about the world, are still being revealed in the upper levels of Heaven. The Devil has been cast out, but the wrath of the Devil has not yet been felt, by those dwelling on the Earth. When the wrath comes, we will know (it will be like the Lord's scourging), but for now we can only see that those in the Heavens are struggling with it. The Devil is able to make himself an angel of light, just like he will make himself an angel of wrath - the point is there is nothing we can do about the upper levels of Heaven, until Heaven comes to Earth. (This is something to pray about).
Why are you just doing a religious rant with no substance?

The devil has not yet been cast out, because the Rev.12:7-17 Scripture is timed for the very end of this world. The silly doctrines of men is where the idea that the devil has already been cast out of heaven comes from.

And the specific "wrath" that Apostle Paul said in 1 Thess.5:9 that we are not appointed to is about GOD's WRATH poured out upon the wicked on the very last day of this world.

And what's that "upper levels of Heaven" junk?? acting like you are in direct communication with The Father in Heaven as one of His prophets? No, you are NOT one of His prophets, because a prophet sent from God would actually follow Bible Scripture by The Holy Spirit, and not push illiterate doctrines of men like you are doing.

The horsemen of the seven seals, for example, has not been revealed on Earth, neither have the trumpets been heard, neither have the bowls of wrath been poured out. All these things have a place in Heaven and Heaven is coming to us - it remains for us to be faithful, in the anticipation of these things. That does not mean seals of various kinds, trumpets and bowls do not have a place on Earth, just that the things used for Earth are not the things spoken of in Revelation. The world has a mystery in this, given that it does not repent at the shadow of the things to come, but the mystery remains weak, diminished, not very strong. The spirit of this world is dull, it does not perceive that things are happening in the Heavenly realms. (This is a reason to intercede).
I don't think you have a clue as to what those Revelation seals, trumpets, and vials are about. By what you are saying, you are riding a very thin line on the edge of Gnosticism. They often used a lot of allegory to try and replace literally written Biblical events in God's Word.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
^^^ posts above

It is our interpretations and understandings that lead us astray in what the Book of Revelation teaches. Our misunderstandings begin in the Mt Olivett discourse where we miss the time spans that Jesus spoke about. Genea is not a 'descendant generation' like many teach but rather is a time period that spans just over 1,000 years.

As for the prophetic words given in the Book of Revelation, some of the Bowl judgements have already occurred, but we have to be able to understand when the witness signs associated with the respective Bowl Judgements can be identified within the historical records.

It is my view that the 7th Bowl Judgement has for all intent and purposes been fully played out and that the 6th Bowl Judgement is still unfolding before us and will come to its conclusion within the next 20-25 years.

The Saints are told to be watchers and to warn the people around them about what is unfolding as we progress into the 7th Age and the steps that we should be taking to save our Souls from the Lake of Fire.

All that we can do is to place our destiny within God's Hands and acknowledge that it is only through His Grace that we can enter into our inheritance.

Shalom

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
^^^ posts above

It is our interpretations and understandings that lead us astray in what the Book of Revelation teaches. Our misunderstandings begin in the Mt Olivett discourse where we miss the time spans that Jesus spoke about. Genea is not a 'descendant generation' like many teach but rather is a time period that spans just over 1,000 years.
Nah... , that idea about the generation Jesus was pointing to is false. If it were as you say, covering a period of 1,000 years, then the Scripture would read differently...

Matt 24:33-34
33 So likewise ye,
when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass,
till all these things be fulfilled.
KJV

What "things"? the SIGNS of the end that Jesus was giving there in His Olivet discourse.

"You mean that generation is the one that will literally SEE all those things come to pass in their day?" YES!

So here's a simple question? Did all those SIGNS Jesus gave come to pass in His disciple's generation? NO! of course not. Nor did they occur over a period of a 1,000 years either, because that negates Christ's Message there that that generation would "see all these things", meaning all the SIGNS He gave in His Olivet discourse, including... all stones there on the temple mount being removed, which today even the old Western Wall of huge stones still stands, along with the Muslim structures on the temple mount.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nah... , that idea about the generation Jesus was pointing to is false. If it were as you say, covering a period of 1,000 years, then the Scripture would read differently...

33 So likewise ye,
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass,
till all these things be fulfilled.
KJV

What "things"? the SIGNS of the end that Jesus was giving there in His Olivet discourse.

"You mean that generation is the one that will literally SEE all those things come to pass in their day?" YES!

So here's a simple question? Did all those SIGNS Jesus gave come to pass in His disciple's generation? NO! of course not. Nor did they occur over a period of a 1,000 years either, because that negates Christ's Message there that that generation would "see all these things", meaning all the SIGNS He gave in His Olivet discourse, including... all stones there on the temple mount being removed, which today even the old Western Wall of huge stones still stands, along with the Muslim structures on the temple mount.

Ah! Davy, I agree with you that it is our interpretations and understanding that cause much of our problems with setting up a timeline that makes sense. But in your quoting of Matt 24:33-34 you did not quote verse 32 upon which was the lynch pin for when the “generation/age/1,000 plus years” that will see all of these things happen during the seventh/”Millennium age” commence.

This is what verse 32 states: -

“32 “Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near.”

Now we know that the “summer” mentioned is the season when the great harvest will be brought in, but the Fig Tree becomes tender and puts forth leaves at the time of the “Early Spring”

Now do we know when the two events described in Daniel 7:11-14 will take place?

Daniel 7:11-14: - 11 “I watched then because of the sound of the pompous words which the horn was speaking; I watched till the beast was slain, and its body destroyed and given to the burning flame. 12 As for the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away, yet their lives were prolonged for a season and a time.

13 “I was watching in the night visions,
And behold, One like the Son of Man,
Coming with the clouds of heaven!
He came to the Ancient of Days,
And they brought Him near before Him.
14 Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom,
That all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion,
Which shall not pass away,
And His kingdom the one
Which shall not be destroyed.

Davy, do you know the major event, in Daniel 7:11-12, will take place that is immediately followed by the event of Daneil 7:13-14?
Does Isaiah 24:21-22 in part describe Daniel 7:11-12?

Davy, do you know how long a season and a little while is?

Does it cover all of the seventh age/generation?

If so, is you understanding of what a generation means in Matt 24:34 compatible with the time span that is the seventh age?

Anyway Davy, you have had the courage of putting your thoughts in a post to justify your rational of understanding.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah! Davy, I agree with you that it is our interpretations and understanding that cause much of our problems with setting up a timeline that makes sense.
You can apply that to your understanding, but not mine. The difference between us is you are getting your ideas not from Scripture, but from a different source.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You can apply that to your understanding, but not mine. The difference between us is you are getting your ideas not from Scripture, but from a different source.

Oh Davy, you have just demonstrated where your source for your understanding is coming from, but I will allow your words to speak and not make any claim as to what or who that source might be.

I did use scripture to back up what I posted, but you attempted to curse me with your words without any justification.

Have a good day now.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh Davy, you have just demonstrated where your source for your understanding is coming from, but I will allow your words to speak and not make any claim as to what or who that source might be.
No, I demonstrated your source is NOT God's written Word.

There is NO WAY to interpret the following to mean multiple generations over a period of a 1,000 years like you wrongly said...

33 So likewise ye,
34 Verily I say unto you,
This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
KJV

Jesus was NOT pointing to multiple generations in the above, but only to a SINGLE GENERATION, the generation that will SEE "all these things". It's simple.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, I demonstrated your source is NOT God's written Word.

There is NO WAY to interpret the following to mean multiple generations over a period of a 1,000 years like you wrongly said...

33 So likewise ye,
34 Verily I say unto you,
This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
KJV

Jesus was NOT pointing to multiple generations in the above, but only to a SINGLE GENERATION, the generation that will SEE "all these things". It's simple.

No Davy, you are claiming that your interpretation is superior to mine.

The expression that this generation will see, does not exclude the understanding that there can be many descendant generation that will see the signs unfold.

How many years does the generations described in the creation account of creation span?

It is not a 24 hr day as many suggest, but it was an extended time period.

The same is also true in Matthew 24:34, the generation referenced "genea" can also mean an age where the age is over 1,000 years in duration.

Now I am not going to attempt to talk your understanding down by claiming that I have a superior source for my interpretation.

Now if you want to continue this silliness then be my guest and do so.

Havea good day now Davy.

Goodbye