Vanity Of Mind

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, - Ephesians 4:17.

What is Paul saying? He "testified in the Lord" so he is talking to born again believers not to walk as the unsaved, other gentiles. We can go on a big look at that but let's sum it up quickly for time sake. Vanity of the mind is; you are taking your information from the third dimension. It is head knowledge, the knowledge you were born with, the knowledge of good and evil. You live according to what you think.

Let's get spiritual; you live according to what you have gleaned from scripture and maybe what someone else thinks about how to live. Let that roll around because it goes way deep into living life according to another person. If a christian has never given thought to; "I wonder if I'm living like I am suppose to live,'' then you have not thought it out. That should be the first thought that came across a new born christian. They should be taught " it's ok not to live anyway I want" even if it's a nice lifestyle. Nice lifestyle is not christianity:

Christ as life is christianity. That would be your life now and it will bear the time you spend finding out about it.

Foot note: third dimension is 'touch taste feel hear smell.'