Vaping problems? / benefits?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think vaping is:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
NOPE... No thoughts on vaping.
@Addy...okay... :)

Just that since you posted quite a bit about marijuana, etc., I guess some of the ideas are similar...in the sense that marijuana's medicinal properties are sometimes claimed; and vaping is also claimed as something that helps ppl quit cigarettes...

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just that since you posted quite a bit about marijuana, etc., I guess some of the ideas are similar...in the sense that marijuana's medicinal properties are sometimes claimed; and vaping is also claimed as something that helps ppl quit cigarettes...
I don't even have an opinion about marijuana either... my niece's husband works at a government pot shop... and I find the science of it all so very interesting. I am not one of those Christians that have an attitude about these things. WAY enough of those around.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I don't even have an opinion about marijuana either... my niece's husband works at a government pot shop... and I find the science of it all so very interesting. I am not one of those Christians that have an attitude about these things. WAY enough of those around.
@Addy I think some ppl who don't like the idea of inhaling nicotine from vaping or from cigarettes, by extension, don't like the idea of marijuana - even if it has medicinal value - being inhaled in a similar way; like, if they are "against" vaping and smoking, they feel they have to be "against" inhaling marijuana also.

(But I guess your niece and her husband don't think like that...)

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To be honest @farouk.... I don't think about these things... I have NO issue with taking things for pain.... If a toothpick will work... I say... take TWO... I just don't have an opinion on pain management.... Addiction is a whole other issue.

I have self-medicated over my life time... and I don't feel one bit badly about it... It got me through some nasty times.

Until a person has walked in my shoes... or someone else who is suffering.. they don't have the right to make a judgement on that soul.

Thankfully GOD is merciful and looks at the human heart. I give THANKS on a daily basis that man is NOT my judge.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
To be honest @farouk.... I don't think about these things... I have NO issue with taking things for pain.... If a toothpick will work... I say... take TWO... I just don't have an opinion on pain management.... Addiction is a whole other issue.

I have self-medicated over my life time... and I don't feel one bit badly about it... It got me through some nasty times.

Until a person has walked in my shoes... or someone else who is suffering.. they don't have the right to make a judgement on that soul.

Thankfully GOD is merciful and looks at the human heart. I give THANKS on a daily basis that man is NOT my judge.
@Addy Often if family members vape, etc., it can influence one's perspective...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
So does anyone else have any recent perspectives about vaping, beneficial or otherwise, particularly in helping to quit smoking?

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Several years ago, when I was thoroughly disgusted by smoking, and after repeated failed attempts to go cold turkey, I switched to a nicotine vape pen and the negative effect on me has diminished by upwards of 95%. This year, as I feel led by the Lord, and with no effort of my own, I've gone from up to 90 mL of e-liquid per month to about 3 mL per month. As long as I don't try to understand it, or take control of it, He's weaning me off of it. Wow! Thank You, Lord!

Reactions: Cassandra

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Several years ago, when I was thoroughly disgusted by smoking, and after repeated failed attempts to go cold turkey, I switched to a nicotine vape pen and the negative effect on me has diminished by upwards of 95%. This year, as I feel led by the Lord, and with no effort of my own, I've gone from up to 90 mL of e-liquid per month to about 3 mL per month. As long as I don't try to understand it, or take control of it, He's weaning me off of it. Wow! Thank You, Lord!
@Truman the Levite Good to know it is indeed proving beneficial to you....thanks for your contrib.....

Reactions: Truman

Sammy00

Sep 13, 2021
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the tobacco industry just wanted more customers, so they could make more money.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For me, smoking is a health thing, and for many, has become a financial thing.
I don't like throwing stones, or having stones thrown at me, so I try to love instead.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I smoked for 40 years plus....After I found out how it works, I bought an ecigarette (which was tons cheaper than reg cigs) and bought tobacco flavored e juice. I think it was 27% or something. I got used to doing that instead of smoking.... I was able to quit, because the nicotine was out of my system.

Hi @Cassandra

So as a veteran smoker that's now clear, it sounds like you would wholeheartedly recommend vaping as a means to quit, right?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi @Wynona So how is your dh's vaping coming along, that you mentioned? I guess a lot depends on whether there is a strategy there to quit / curt down on nicotine or not....