Vaping problems? / benefits?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think vaping is:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My husband gave up smoking for vaping 13 years ago and is now on the lowest level of nicotine and plans to go nicotine free very soon.
Pearl, from back: So did your dh go nicotine free in the end with the help of vaping? or maybe still to come...

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
17458933_web1_190624-SNM-M-Screen-Shot-2019-06-24-at-1.52.37-PM.jpg

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Our daughter quit and now vapes...although it hasn’t helped her quit entirely, she says she feels a lot better with far less symptoms ...
Hi @VictoryinJesus So do you know if vaping is still helping your dd to cut down? and if you saw it helped here significantly, do you think this would persuade you to make the transition from cigarettes to vapes?

You know I'm not speaking at all judgmentally. (Simply as part of a practical discussion, right?)

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @VictoryinJesus So do you know if vaping is still helping your dd to cut down? and if you saw it helped here significantly, do you think this would persuade you to make the transition from cigarettes to vapes?

You know I'm not speaking at all judgmentally. (Simply as part of a practical discussion, right?)

I’ve considered vaping. She keeps telling me how much better she feels. And how she hardly has to use it during the day, only in the evening.

Last edited:
Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I’ve considered vaping. She keeps telling me how much better she feels. And how she hardly has to use it during the day, only in the evening.
@VictoryinJesus You'd be able anyway to vary the nicotine levels once you got into it. Some ppl manage to cut right down on the nicotine and even cut it out altogether, but according to your needs at the time you might even be able to get the good inhales still that you may want with really low levels of nicotine in the vapes. Your daughter may already have told you that even with a slight bit of nicotine in the vape she can feel good inhales when she really needs them, anyhow; and so she might encourage you to try it, too; Idk. Although like you said once that you've been smoking cigarettes for so long since you were a young adult and it's been so much a part of your life as an adult, it might just be worthwhile trying getting the inhales, that your adult life has been kind of synonymous with, via vapes instead where if you have an aim of gradually cutting down on the nicotine in vapes, it might even work for you. (You know I'm speaking practically, not moralizingly. As a now longstanding adult, you may yet feel you need your inhales still, like your daughter probably says she does.)

Last edited:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@FluffyYellowDuck (FYI: As mentioned...)
Poll is closed now but I would choose "Mainly problematic." They said it's safe (said they same about cigarettes.. those were doctor recommended!) but it will affect your mood, lungs, breathing eventually and will cost a person about $150+ a month.

Having said that, convinced my dad to get one after his stroke(s). Still safer. And for someone that just will.not.stop, it's a better alternative.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Poll is closed now but I would choose "Mainly problematic." They said it's safe (said they same about cigarettes.. those were doctor recommended!) but it will affect your mood, lungs, breathing eventually and will cost a person about $150+ a month.

Having said that, convinced my dad to get one after his stroke(s). Still safer. And for someone that just will.not.stop, it's a better alternative.
@FluffyYellowDuck If you managed to quit cigarettes and marijuana cold turkey without going via the vaping route, then more power to you! :)

(Like you said, vaping can work for some ppl...)

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@FluffyYellowDuck If you managed to quit cigarettes and marijuana cold turkey without going via the vaping route, then more power to you! :)

(Like you said, vaping can work for some ppl...)

I have an online quit smoking support group I'm part of (I will share with anyone who wants it if I'm not breaking the rules) and to be honest with you, I've been vaping the past day or so because I failed my quit a couple days ago. So I'm going to be going through a bit of a withdrawals after tomorrow. Vaping helps, but too long using it and it becomes more addicting than cigarettes. Where I would smoke five a day, I would end up vaping the nicotine equivalent of 1/2 pack a day.

So if that would be someone's method of quitting, by all means! Just make sure you can gradually reduce to 0 MG.

Actually, thanks for this! You reminded me that need to get back to my support group sometime this week. I owe them a check-in. :rolleyes:

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have an online quit smoking support group I'm part of (I will share with anyone who wants it if I'm not breaking the rules) and to be honest with you, I've been vaping the past day or so because I failed my quit a couple days ago. So I'm going to be going through a bit of a withdrawals after tomorrow. Vaping helps, but too long using it and it becomes more addicting than cigarettes. Where I would smoke five a day, I would end up vaping the nicotine equivalent of 1/2 pack a day.

So if that would be someone's method of quitting, by all means! Just make sure you can gradually reduce to 0 MG.

Actually, thanks for this! You reminded me that need to get back to my support group sometime this week. I owe them a check-in. :rolleyes:
@FluffyYellowDuck Yes, the advantage of vaping for those trying to quit is that you can cut down on nicotine levels. Sometimes cold turkey works, period; sometimes by lessening the nicotine content progressively while you get your inhales via vaping can work for some ppl also, right?

Reactions: DuckieLady

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My daughter's best friend nearly died from vaping. She was in a coma for some.time and they didn't know how much brain function she would have IF she woke up. She nearly left behind a baby boy and her husband of less than 2 years. Praise God, she is okay today!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@FluffyYellowDuck Yes, the advantage of vaping for those trying to quit is that you can cut down on nicotine levels. Sometimes cold turkey works, period; sometimes by lessening the nicotine content progressively while you get your inhales via vaping can work for some ppl also, right?

Yes! Lower the dosage if you can't quit. If you can't quit cold turkey. Cold turkey is the best option, but I mean some people just can't. And actually, since for a lot of people addictions are more psychological, I would recommend checking out FindingFreedomMedia with Tim Fletcher who is an addictions counselor and pastor, which helps people handle addictions, especially those with C-PTSD. He's helped me A LOT through his videos with a lot of things.

Reactions: farouk and TLHKAJ

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My daughter's best friend nearly died from vaping. She was in a coma for some.time and they didn't know how much brain function she would have IF she woke up. She nearly left behind a baby boy and her husband of less than 2 years. Praise God, she is okay today!

Sorry about your friend, TLHKAJ. That is awful. <3 Glad to hear she is okay now.

Reactions: TLHKAJ