Vaping problems? / benefits?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think vaping is:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy @VictoryinJesus Do you think that more ppl would quit cigarettes if the taxes on them were raised significantly? and (this is something I don't know so much about) how do taxes compare on vapes?
Well Farouk, in Ny, the tobacco cigarettes are already taxed like crazy...very difficult to find a pack of smokes now a days under 9 bucks! There are quite a few Indian Reservations who sell theirs cheaper.

As far as taxes go...I get my supplies online, always and there is just the regular Ny State sales tax so far...but they are trying to call the vaporizers a "tobacco product" :rolleyes:

Reactions: farouk

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy @VictoryinJesus Do you think that more ppl would quit cigarettes if the taxes on them were raised significantly? and (this is something I don't know so much about) how do taxes compare on vapes?

I wouldn’t know. We bought a machine for thirty dollars which last a long time and make our own. It is inexpensive. 10 dollars a week if that. Adding our daughters most recent wood burning to my images, @farouk. Really wanted you to see it.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I wouldn’t know. We bought a machine for thirty dollars which last a long time and make our own. It is inexpensive. 10 dollars a week if that. Adding our daughters most recent wood burning to my images, @farouk. Really wanted you to see it.
@VictoryinJesus (Commented in your media section...)

So you are able to smoke relatively inexpensively, then; it must be a help to the household budget to be able to produce your own. I know some ppl set a great store about being seen to smoke certain fashionable brands, but I'm sure the brand name does not bother you, right?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@VictoryinJesus Thanks for posting that picture. Your artist daughter really does deserve to be encouraged in developing her already well honed skills, doesn't she?
farouk, I must comment. I have observed your posts for some time. They follow a pattern; a well worn unhealthy groove as follows....you compliment, you flatter, then you seek approval. If you are not aware of it....it's nauseating!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@VictoryinJesus Thanks for posting that picture. Your artist daughter really does deserve to be encouraged in developing her already well honed skills, doesn't she?

Yes, for sure. It is easy because I’m amazed by everything she does. She has her fathers’ artistic ability.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
farouk, I must comment. I have observed your posts for some time. They follow a pattern; a well worn unhealthy groove as follows....you compliment, you flatter, then you seek approval. If you are not aware of it....it's nauseating!

Sometimes, it's better to keep comments to yourself. I, for one, have been encouraged by many of farouk's posts, esp. where he quotes scripture, which he does often. I hope you don't find his scripture posts nauseating.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
We bought a machine for thirty dollars which last a long time and make our own. It is inexpensive.
@VictoryinJesus Do you see the tax regime in your state on cigarettes / vapes changing at all? or maybe it wouldn't affect you anyway.

As @Nancy says, in some areas Native American trading posts sell less expensive products. Up here in Canada, the First Nations gas stations seem to be cheaper also, and they often sell other products at a discount also.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've heard that vaping only works if you have a LOT of tattoos and piercings.

Reactions: Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
After one month of freedom, I had a thought ‘did God really set me free?’ (bet that sounds familiar) I still vape :(
@2 Chr. 34:19 Well, quite a few Christians on this forum do, also, anyway. I guess you would reckon that for getting your inhales it's a likely safer method than cigarettes, right?

I wouldn't beat yourself up about it, in any case.

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@2 Chr. 34:19 Well, quite a few Christians on this forum do, also, anyway. I guess you would reckon that for getting your inhales it's a likely safer method than cigarettes, right?

I wouldn't beat yourself up about it, in any case.
when I was delivered, e-cigs weren’t available for another decade...I was free indeed. The most amazing part, was that there were no (known) barriers between The Lord and me. I could worship Him freely.
I beat myself up, because I lost something precious :(

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
when I was delivered, e-cigs weren’t available for another decade...I was free indeed. The most amazing part, was that there were no (known) barriers between The Lord and me. I could worship Him freely.
I beat myself up, because I lost something precious :(
@2 Chr. 34:19 Well, you must know what you mean, anyway. If you compare notes with @VictoryinJesus , she says she smokes cigarettes and she is evidently a very Godly and spiritually-minded Christian lady.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Nancy

Earlier on another thread the safety of vaping was queried. Without minimizing that contribution at all, it's likely that vaping is safer than cigarettes; it offers potentially deep inhales without some of the side effects.

Some ppl even vape without an admixture of nicotine; can't remember if you do or not; but as for the vaping means it's widely regarded as more healthy than traditional cigarettes, anyway.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy

Earlier on another thread the safety of vaping was queried. Without minimizing that contribution at all, it's likely that vaping is safer than cigarettes; it offers potentially deep inhales without some of the side effects.

Some ppl even vape without an admixture of nicotine; can't remember if you do or not; but as for the vaping means it's widely regarded as more healthy than traditional cigarettes, anyway.

The big 3 have been trying to demonize vaping since day one. They don't want people off cigarettes. Big tobacco, Big Pharma and the FDA all want their piece. Here in NY, they (Cuomo :mad:) banned all flavors except for tobacco. I guess we as adults don't like 'flavors' anymore?? So, I order and send it to one of my brothers in N.C. and he mails it to me! I only like the coffee espresso as, over the last 13 or so years, I have tried so many...I don't care for the fruity flavors, the tobacco or the menthol, but the bubble gum and cotton candy are AWESOME!! Also depends on where you get you supplies from as, some are better than others. High Caliber Coffee Espresso is a little more expensive but, it lasts me forever and, I've been stocking up on it as they are going to discontinue the line :( It's okay as, I've been dropping the nic level each time I order and, I am now down to 12 mg...and THAT is from 36 mg of nic. I will put these down eventually as well.

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Nancy

Perhaps. We’ll see in a few years. Tbh I have a problem with any addiction, because I do believe that they can be a distraction from The Lord. Personally, I want to stop vaping :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps. We’ll see in a few years. Tbh I have a problem with any addiction, because I do believe that they can be a distraction from The Lord. Personally, I want to stop vaping :)

Same here @2 Chr. 34:19
I think the same way. Not to mention spending money on the stuff when that money could be put to much better use. Even though I can afford it, and do enjoy it, "not everything is beneficial" :)
"One day at a time, sweet Jesus"!