Vaping problems? / benefits?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think vaping is:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This poll may be closed, but I would like to give my testimony.

I smoked cigars for about 20 years. I mean heavily. At least 5 "Havatampa"'s a day. My wife smoked 2 packs of cigs a day. She would get angry if I didnt3 have her cigs.

We started vaping and it got us both off hard tobacco. Today, she rarely vapes. I do so more.

Our house is cleaner and we no longer smell like smokers. It was embarrassing because I was aslo an endurance athlete!

Is vaping as harmful? I don't know. But science hasn't said it is. But we were spending $15+ a day on tobacco and now we aren't. Vape supplies are less than a dollar a day.

So yes, I still vape. But I can still run a 6:30 mile and a 23 minute 3.1. Its a vice and should be eliminated.. But I am under grace. And I am better off now without tocabbo.

Reactions: DuckieLady

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
This poll may be closed, but I would like to give my testimony.

I smoked cigars for about 20 years. I mean heavily. At least 5 "Havatampa"'s a day. My wife smoked 2 packs of cigs a day. She would get angry if I didnt3 have her cigs.

We started vaping and it got us both off hard tobacco. Today, she rarely vapes. I do so more.

Our house is cleaner and we no longer smell like smokers. It was embarrassing because I was aslo an endurance athlete!

Is vaping as harmful? I don't know. But science hasn't said it is. But we were spending $15+ a day on tobacco and now we aren't. Vape supplies are less than a dollar a day.

So yes, I still vape. But I can still run a 6:30 mile and a 23 minute 3.1. Its a vice and should be eliminated.. But I am under grace. And I am better off now without tocabbo.
FHII: Sounds like vaping really helped both of you!

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So there is a lot of discussion about vaping; some find it highly problematic; others find it beneficial (helping to quit cigarettes, etc.). This is a topical subject these days which has not been discussed lately on the forums.

(Comments/thoughts?)
Vaping should be an olympic sport for retards only

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes! Lower the dosage if you can't quit.
@FluffyYellowDuck Don't think I responded to this post of yours; vaping does provides opportunity for inhales without admixture of other stuff in cigarettes, while efforts are being made to cut down or quit.

So are the folk at your quitting support group generally supportive of using the vaping method to get off cigarettes?

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@FluffyYellowDuck Don't think I responded to this post of yours; vaping does provides opportunity for inhales without admixture of other stuff in cigarettes, while efforts are being made to cut down or quit.

So are the folk at your quitting support group generally supportive of using the vaping method to get off cigarettes?

If they are, they don't openly express it! I think there's a couple reasons for that, which is one, if you really want to quit then adding more nicotine is almost like filling up a pool with the hose left in and most people will tend to relapse. They also have some information on there about the dangers of vaping. Popcorn lung, is one. Vaping helped me quit smoking for five years, but I still went back to smoking when I ran out, and then I just alternated between both. Eventually vaping even by itself started affecting my energy and my lungs in a big way.

I was doing well but I'm having a hard time this week. I need to get organized. They warned me to stay close to the group and I've been lazy this week so I haven't done it. (They were right. I wrong.)

They are a fan of Cold Turkey. It's just a little online forum. It's called QuitTrain.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Vaping helped me quit smoking for five years, but I still went back to smoking when I ran out, and then I just alternated between both.
@FluffyYellowDuck Well, I guess if you were a cigarette lady for a very long time, then just stopping was likely going to be hard.
I was doing well but I'm having a hard time this week. I need to get organized.
I guess the QuitTrain ppl need to be realistic, right? if it does work to some extent via vaping, then why not make the inhales few and far between and leave gaps between them? (or maybe you've tried that...)

Hope you will be okay; not moralizing against oneself and being matter of fact and realistic about it can be a good approach.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
That's true! Doesn't stain the walls either.
@FluffyYellowDuck I'm sure years ago — you were probably a cigarette lady before vaping came in — lots of ppl would have benefited from not having to keep washing clothes and hair (and even wallpaper) to get the smell out, as a hazard of pursuing inhales: now they can be gotten without all that washing to get it out and it still feels good without having those disadvantages.

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@FluffyYellowDuck I'm sure years ago — you were probably a cigarette lady before vaping came in — lots of ppl would have benefited from not having to keep washing clothes and hair (and even wallpaper) to get the smell out, as a hazard of pursuing inhales: now they can be gotten without all that washing to get it out and it still feels good without having those disadvantages.
vaping is killing kids, are you cool with that?

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@FluffyYellowDuck Did you see/ like the video? and did it make any sense? :)
Very interesting and I can see the benefits. There would be some challenges with nicotine for women, however. When I first got the ecig they told us that "water, nicotine, and flavoring" were totally safe but failed to mention that nicotine itself is anti-estrogenic, which could be dangerous with women on hormonal treatments (birth control for example) and I would assume for women going through menopause.

Reactions: farouk