Virgin Mary Had Other Children After Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not "my nonsense".

MOST
of the people on this forum agree with my position that:
Jesus is FULLY God and FULLY Human because that's what the BIBLE says (Heb. 2:16-17).

A fully human thing comes from dust and returns to dust, rots...Neither of those things Applied to Jesus...regardless of HOW MANY say so....a real oddity mathematical equation ... a whole 200%...lol...

The truth is ALWAYS a stumbling block to people like YOU who lack the faith to trust in God . . .

LOL...I am not the one stumbling, my Faith is Not in jeopardy...
Unlike you trying to hang on to man's teachings, and pretend they are in harmony with Gods Word...and think quoting MORE men, and calling names, Validates your Corrupt teaching.

Glory to God,
Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a mode is a role play, lets see, Isaiah 48:16 "Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me".

was it the,
A. the son who was sent, or
B. the Holy Spirit that was sent, or
C. the father sent?

Which one was sent? now if it's not a role play and or a mode of operation then you can clear up mode and "ROLES" quickly, your choice.

your answer please.
now if you cannot see the error on your part, a MO is the same, but if it changing up then it's role play.

PICJAG.
Wrong.

I explained the difference to you between Modes and Roles back in post #335.
I suggest you review it. If you STILL don't get it - just admit it.

It doesn't appear that you ave the intellectual capacity to grasp this issue, or anything else for that matter - and is yet another reason why I told you that I don't take your posts seriously..

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And there you go LYING again.
When will you STOP lying??

The Catholic Church does NOT teach that Mary is ANY sort of "deity".
AND - for YOU to say that Jesus was "dismissive and disobedient" to His mother is blasphemy.

Jesus NEVER sinned - and being dismissive or disobedient would be a direct violation against the Commandment about "HONORING your Father and Mother".
You really should try reading your Bible. In Mark 6:3, we find out Jesus had brothers who were Mary's sons. No perpetual virginity.

In Luke 2, Jesus let's his earthly parents lose him, so he can do what his heavenly Father wanted him to. At 12 years old he deliberately disobeys earthly authority in order to obey his real father.

In Matthew 12, he lets his mother and brother wait outside because he has more important work. He indicated he was the one in authority, over even his mother. They were to do his will, not the other way around.

And in Mark 3, his family thought he was cracking up, and he is dismissive of them, including his mother. Yes, Jesus was sinless. Mary was a human being, hence not sinless, or she would not have questioned his sanity.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A fully human thing comes from dust and returns to dust, rots...Neither of those things Applied to Jesus...regardless of HOW MANY say so....a real oddity mathematical equation ... a whole 200%...lol...
LOL...I am not the one stumbling, my Faith is Not in jeopardy...
Unlike you trying to hang on to man's teachings, and pretend they are in harmony with Gods Word...and think quoting MORE men, and calling names, Validates your Corrupt teaching.

Glory to God,
Taken
Then you must really thing God is a liar since HE inspired the writer of Hebrews to write:

Heb. 2:16-17
For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham’s descendants. For this reason he had to be made like them, FULLY HUMAN in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people.

Oh, and I didn't call you any "names" - so you must be hearing voices again.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You really should try reading your Bible. In Mark 6:3, we find out Jesus had brothers who were Mary's sons. No perpetual virginity.

In Luke 2, Jesus let's his earthly parents lose him, so he can do what his heavenly Father wanted him to. At 12 years old he deliberately disobeys earthly authority in order to obey his real father.

In Matthew 12, he lets his mother and brother wait outside because he has more important work. He indicated he was the one in authority, over even his mother. They were to do his will, not the other way around.

And in Mark 3, his family thought he was cracking up, and he is dismissive of them, including his mother. Yes, Jesus was sinless. Mary was a human being, hence not sinless, or she would not have questioned his sanity.
Mark 6:3
Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, and brother of James, and Joses, and Judas, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended in him.
NO mention of Mary's children . . .

Matt. 12:46
While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to him.
Again - NO mention of Mary's children.

Mark 3:21
When his family heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, “He is out of his mind.”
Once again - NO mention of Mary - OR children of Mary.

What was that about "reading my Bible"??
I just DID and proved YOU wrong THREE times . . .

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong.

I explained the difference to you between Modes and Roles back in post #335.
I suggest you review it. If you STILL don't get it - just admit it.

It doesn't appear that you ave the intellectual capacity to grasp this issue, or anything else for that matter - and is yet another reason why I told you that I don't take your posts seriously..
so we can take this as you don't know who was sent in Isaiah 48:16? oh well... ... (smile).

PICJAG.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to him.
Again - NO mention of Mary's children.
So, Mary was not his mother? What else could be meant by his mother and brothers? Oh, yeah, lets insert some step brothers and make up a tale about Joseph have children previously, even though there's no scriptural merit to it at all. Or we just read it as it is, his literal mother and brothers.

Reactions: Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so we can take this as you don't know who was sent in Isaiah 48:16? oh well... ... (smile).

PICJAG.
No - we can take this as YOU not understanding the difference between the Roles of the Trinity and Modalism (Sabellianism).
Virtually EVERY heresy is based on a misconception of the very nature of God - and yours is no different . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, Mary was not his mother? What else could be meant by his mother and brothers? Oh, yeah, lets insert some step brothers and make up a tale about Joseph have children previously, even though there's no scriptural merit to it at all. Or we just read it as it is, his literal mother and brothers.
A whole HOST of things could be meant buy this.
These "adelphoi" could have been ANY relation (half-brothers, step-brothers, cousins, neighbors, etc.).

As it turns out, however - they are shown to be the children of the other Mary standing near the cross with Mary, Jesus' mother (Matt. 27:56, Mark 15:40, John 19:25). This other Mary is called Mary's "sister" (adelphe), which means she could be Mary's half-sister, step-sister, cousin, neighbor, etc. She is the wife of Clopas/Alphaeus (John 19:25).

YOUR blunder - besides NOT knowing your Bible- is in assuming that ALL cultures think like 21st century Americans.
They DON'T . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you must really thing God is a liar since HE inspired the writer of Hebrews to write:

No! I have neither thought or SAID God is a liar.

Heb 2:
[16] For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
[17] Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

The VERILY/ Variance, IS Specific:
"Abraham's Seed" "like" "His" "brethren."

I do not agree with your Modern Version, that Corrupts "the Verily/Variance/Specifics".

Your perferred Corrupted Version; changes, the Intent of the verse specifics...to "HUMAN...and...IN EVERY WAY"...which He was neither!

Heb. 2:16-17
For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham’s descendants. For this reason he had to be made like them, FULLY HUMAN in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people.

Jesus is NOT a Human.
Humans are OUT of the CREATED Earth, OF the same makeup OF the Earth's Elements and Minerals.
The Word of God, is OUT of God, and Remains IN, IS a part OF God...
Just as your word comes OUT of you, Remains IN, IS part of you.
Gods Throne and Kingdom and Habitat IS Heaven.
Your Throne, is a toilet, your kingdom is your castle, your home and your habitat is Earth, which your body requires the Earth's Elements to Bodily Survive.
Gods Will and Truth and Power shall Remain Forever.
Your Carnal will, Truth and Power shall Fade Away.

Verily...He took upon himself the SEED of Abraham.
Perhaps you are unaware...not All men are from The Seed of Abraham, so straight off...this does not apply to all humans.

Some men, like you are from the SEED of Abram and Hagar..Gentile's.

Abraham's Seed ... His stock sperm descendants are of Abraham's Seed.

Abraham was accounted by God as a Righteous man.

Follow the history in steps...as I have told you numerous times.

Jesus took upon himself...Abraham's Righteousness...and Abraham's Seed...by being revealed the lawful son of, Joseph, who was from the House of king David...setting the stage for Jesus to be a rightful HEIR to king Davids Throne.

More about Abraham's STOCK descendants...read the History...Every Hebrew and Every one of the 12 Tribes...Did NOT STAY and Continue IN Gods Grace, continue in Gods Word and Righteousness.
Many elected to follow Gentile ways and customs and MADE-up Philosophies and religious Doctrines OF men and other gods.

Verily LIKE "his brethren"...Jews...Still Jews, following GOD WAY...in Temples... but having a Twist with their Clerics...their Personal Behavior was Tainted...and to that: Jesus said; Do what the SAY, NOT what THEY Do.

And to Note About Abraham specific...
Jesus told of Abraham Seeing Jesus Day...and of Abraham's Gladness.

John 8
[56] Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

That was the Day of Abraham receiving the Blessing of God, and Promises to Abraham's Seed....not All of Abraham's Seed, but, Many would receive ONE, SEED of God, and THAT SEED is Christ.
OT history you can look up.

Gal 3:
[16] Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

No, Jesus is not a Human.
No, Jesus DID NOT come to Earth, like all humans or was Like humans in every way.

Jesus came to Earth In the "Likeness" of Particular men, YET was not "a human" in all ways of "those" particular men.

Even of those "particular" men...married, had sex, bore children, doubted, denied, grew weary to finish simple tasks, argued about money, thought "common" folks should not touch Jesus, argued about wasting expensive Oil on Jesus...and on and on...

Jesus was NOT like "any human man, in all ways.

Oh geeze! Your adoption of man-made "political correctness" drips in nearly ever post you make.
If you are talking About a Person, their Behavior, your opinion out of your mouth...is About Them...You are not a politician...Think for yourself once in awhile.

Glory to God,
Taken

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
No - it's called Biblical CONTEXT.
The context of Scripture illustrates that Mary is the fulfullment of the Ark of the Covenant.

ALL
of the verses I showed you are either:
a) Types and fulfillments
b) Mere "coincidences"

If you knew anything about the Word of God - you would know that He doesn't deal in "coincidences" . . .
This is absolute nonsense dreamed up by some mad monk somewhere. I don't believe a word of it. It comes from an idolatrous worship of Mary.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No! I have neither thought or SAID God is a liar.

Heb 2:
[16] For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
[17] Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

The VERILY/ Variance, IS Specific:
"Abraham's Seed" "like" "His" "brethren."

I do not agree with your Modern Version, that Corrupts "the Verily/Variance/Specifics".

Your perferred Corrupted Version; changes, the Intent of the verse specifics...to "HUMAN...and...IN EVERY WAY"...which He was neither!

John 8
[56] Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

That was the Day of Abraham receiving the Blessing of God, and Promises to Abraham's Seed....not All of Abraham's Seed, but, Many would receive ONE, SEED of God, and THAT SEED is Christ.
OT history you can look up.

Gal 3:
[16] Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

No, Jesus is not a Human.
No, Jesus DID NOT come to Earth, like all humans or was Like humans in every way.

Jesus came to Earth In the "Likeness" of Particular men, YET was not "a human" in all ways of "those" particular men.

Even of those "particular" men...married, had sex, bore children, doubted, denied, grew weary to finish simple tasks, argued about money, thought "common" folks should not touch Jesus, argued about wasting expensive Oil on Jesus...and on and on...

Jesus was NOT like "any human man, in all ways.

Oh geeze! Your adoption of man-made "political correctness" drips in nearly ever post you make.
If you are talking About a Person, their Behavior, your opinion out of your mouth...is About Them...You are not a politician...Think for yourself once in awhile.

Glory to God,
Taken
I've already shown you this verse in the Greek - and it indicates that He is HUMAN:
The literal translation is:
Heb. 2:17
Therefore he had to be made like his brothers and sisters in every respect, ...
ὅθεν ὤφειλεν κατὰ πάντα τοῖς ἀδελφοῖς ὁμοιωθῆναι, ...

Verse 14 from the YOUR revered KJV -
Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Checkmate . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is absolute nonsense dreamed up by some mad monk somewhere. I don't believe a word of it. It comes from an idolatrous worship of Mary.
Like I said - God doesn't deal in "coincidences". EVERYTHING has a purpose.

If YOU believe these are all "coincidences" - then YOU don't know God's Word . . .

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do they all pray to her and call her Queen of Heaven?

And in this case they are simply following Catholic tradition, not Bible truth.

Not the main theme of the thread, the theme is that the Blessed Mother had children and the truth is that others that believed she was perpetually a virgin

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good point......... When he admitted that God had roles to play I knew then he was in trouble,
Like I said before - because you embrace heresy - you cannot understand that the Trinity is THREE DISTINCT PERSONS.
Each has a distinct ROLE. God "emptied" (humbled) Himself as the SON - NOT the Trinity.
and then with the addition,"(humbled) Himself as the SON - NOT the Trinity". that really put in deep trouble. but when people refuse the truth, I just leave them alone. so as your post is loud and clear... mute, so will I.

PICJAG.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good point......... When he admitted that God had roles to play I knew then he was in trouble,

and then with the addition,"(humbled) Himself as the SON - NOT the Trinity". that really put in deep trouble. but when people refuse the truth, I just leave them alone. so as your post is loud and clear... mute, so will I.

PICJAG.
Translation:
"I bit off WAY more then I can chew."

That's what I thought . . .

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As it turns out, however - they are shown to be the children of the other Mary standing near the cross with Mary, Jesus' mother (Matt. 27:56, Mark 15:40, John 19:25). This other Mary is called Mary's "sister" (adelphe), which means she could be Mary's half-sister, step-sister, cousin, neighbor, etc. She is the wife of Clopas/Alphaeus (John 19:25).
Lol, nothing shows that but your twisting of scripture. The logical reading is that these were his literal siblings.

Status
Not open for further replies.