WAKE UP!!! Church pastors we are living in the days of the very near rapture!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 9not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers
A change of dispensation.

Much love!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good!

That means you are dispensational. That's all this word means.

Much love!
Dispensational according to God's Word and not to mans (pre-trib rapture and separation of Jew from Gentile in the Gospel).

Please answer = To whom is this speaking to?

For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. 8Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 9not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord. 10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 11None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. 12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please answer = To whom is this speaking to?

For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. 8Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 9not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord. 10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 11None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. 12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”

This passage foretells a new covenant God will make with the House of Israel and the House of Judah. Which is a dispensational change.

Much love!

• Love
Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This passage foretells a new covenant God will make with the House of Israel and the House of Judah. Which is a dispensational change.

Much love!

AGREE - 100% AGREE with you agreeing that it is with the House of Israel and the House of Judah.

Now, since this is the New Covenant, what House are Gentiles placed into???

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AGREE - 100% AGREE with you agreeing that it is with the House of Israel and the House of Judah.

Now, since this is the New Covenant, what House are Gentiles placed into???
They aren't.

Gentiles are neither the "House of Israel", nor the "House of Judah", which refer to the Northern and Southern Kingdoms.

Much love!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They aren't.

Gentiles are neither the "House of Israel", nor the "House of Judah", which refer to the Northern and Southern Kingdoms.

Much love!

True from Old Covenant but we are not speaking of the Old Covenant.

Since this passage is speaking of the NEW Covenant which we are now under, the Gentiles are placed and become a permanent Member of the House of Israel - Acts ch15 , 1 Peter 2: 4 -9

After this I will return
And will rebuild the tabernacle of David, which has fallen down;
I will rebuild its ruins,
And I will set it up;
17So that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord,
Even all the Gentiles who are called by My name,
Says the [d]Lord who does all these things.’

Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious,
you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since this passage is speaking of the NEW Covenant which we are now under, the Gentiles are placed and become a permanent Member of the House of Israel - Acts ch15 , 1 Peter 2: 4 -9
These passages don't say that though.

And in point of fact . . . there is neither Jew Nor Gentile in Christ.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious,
you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
The spiritual house is the Temple, not the "house of Israel" or "house of Judah".

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.
Nothing here says Gentiles are added to Israel in Christ. And again . . . In Christ is neither Jew Nor Gentile. Neither one.

Much love!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing here says Gentiles are added to Israel in Christ. And again . . . In Christ is neither Jew Nor Gentile. Neither one.

Much love!
Dear Brother Marks you committed a heresy - howbeit through error of men's doctrine which oppose Scripture.

Ephesians 2:11-22

Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh—who are called Uncircumcision by what is called the Circumcision made in the flesh by hands— 12that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. 13But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

14For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, 15having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, 16and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity. 17And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near. 18For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.

19Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, 20having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone,
21in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord,
22in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
14For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, 15having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace,
to create in Himself "one new man" from the two. In Himself. In Christ is neither Greek nor Jew.

Where is my heresy?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
17And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near. 18For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.
He preached to both, because through Christ we - both - have access to the Father, not through being or becoming Israel.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Brother Marks you committed a heresy - howbeit through error of men's doctrine which oppose Scripture.

Ephesians 2:11-22

Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh—who are called Uncircumcision by what is called the Circumcision made in the flesh by hands— 12that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. 13But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

14For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, 15having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, 16and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity. 17And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near. 18For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.

19Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, 20having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone,
21in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord,
22in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.
Some were close, being Israel, and having the covenants of promise. But they still needed Christ.

Some were far, not being a part of Israel, not sharing in the covenants.

We are now built together in something new - one new man - a living holy temple, built not on Moses, but on Christ.

We both have access through Christ, and now, in Christ, is neither male nor female, Greek nor Jew.

Much love!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's that spiritual temple.

Much love!
The Spiritual Temple is the Eternal House of Israel = the House of God = which is Christ.

Exodus 19:5-6
Now therefore, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be a special treasure to Me above all people; for all the earth is Mine. And you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’
These are the words which you shall speak to the children of Israel.”

1 Peter 2:4-9
Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, you also, as living stones,
are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;
10who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.

Meditate on this Truth - Peace and Good Night

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Peter 2:4-9
Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, you also, as living stones,
are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;
10who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.

Interestingly, to whom does Peter address his letter?

1 Peter 1:1-2 LITV
1) Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the elect sojourners of the dispersion of Pontus, of Galatia, of Cappadocia, of Asia, and of Bithynia,
2) according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit to obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace and peace be multiplied to you.

The elect sojourners of the diaspora. Do you know who those were?

Israel will be the head of the nations in the millennial kingdom. God's promises to His elect nation - Israel, the children of Jacob, and the patriarchs - will be kept, all of them.

All the cooking pots will be engraved Holy to the Lord . . . why?

Nation of priests.

Remember, I hold to the literal meanings of literally stated passages.

Jeremiah 31:35-37 LITV
35) So says Jehovah, who gives the sun for a light by day, the laws of the moon, and the stars for a light by night, who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar, Jehovah of Hosts is His name.
36) If these ordinances depart from before Me, says Jehovah, the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before Me forever.
37) So says Jehovah, If the heavens above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth below can be searched out, I will also reject all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, declares Jehovah.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jeremiah 31:35-37 LITV
35) So says Jehovah, who gives the sun for a light by day, the laws of the moon, and the stars for a light by night, who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar, Jehovah of Hosts is His name.
36) If these ordinances depart from before Me, says Jehovah, the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before Me forever.
37) So says Jehovah, If the heavens above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth below can be searched out, I will also reject all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, declares Jehovah.
@David in NJ

IF this is true, that Israel will remain a nation before God forever, that is, specifically the "seed of Israel", that is, Jacob's physical descendants, how is it that "in Christ" is neither Greek Nor Jew? How can it be that God will keep His promises to Israel - the nation as we think of nations - will remain before Him?

And again, there are so so many prophecies concerning the Elect Nation that have to be cancelled, unfulfilled, if Israel is not the head of the nations, the place from which Jesus rules the earth, during the Millennium. Those prophecies will be fulfilled. There will be a nation Israel. And there will be the "body of Christ", those in Christ that are neither Greek nor Jew.

Much love!

Status
Not open for further replies.