Was Bible Possession banned by the Catholic Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 41552
That would be the Body of Christ... not the catholic church which is nothing more
than a social club with rules where their leaders demand money and dress funny View attachment 41553
A truly astonishing example of the utter ignorance you have of the historic Christian Church.
Time for s History Lesson . . .

The Church built by Jesus Christ and established by the Apostles was called the “Catholic Church” by the end of the FIRST century – some 1400 tears before anybody ever heard of a “Protestant”. This is the SAME Church that gave YOU the Bible . . .

Ignatius of Antioch

Follow your bishop, every one of you, as obediently as Jesus Christ followed the Father. Obey your clergy too as you would the apostles; give your deacons the same reverence that you would to a command of God. Make sure that no step affecting the Church is ever taken by anyone without the bishop’s sanction. The sole Eucharist you should consider valid is one that is celebrated by the bishop himself, or by some person authorized by him. Where the bishop is to be seen, there let all his people be; just as, wherever Jesus Christ is present, there is the Catholic Church (Letter to the Smyrneans 8:2 [A.D. 107]).

“Follow your Bishop . . .”
“Obey your clergy . . .”
“The sole Eucharist . . .”
“The CATHOLIC Church . . .”

Gee – what Church does that sound like??

Reactions: Marymog

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The notion that the Catholic Church banned Bible reading is stupid and absurd. Scripture has been available to every participant at every Mass, audibly or visually, to literate or illiterate, every day for 2000 years. In normal circumstances, laymen read aloud more Scripture that the priest, who reads the Gospel with everyone standing. In his testimony, Scott Hahn, then a Presbyterian minister, was shocked to see for himself how much Scripture is part of the Mass.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Time for s History Lesson . . .

That ain't nothing but propaganda clueless-doh.gif

When the future gets here, you're going to be shocked I tell you, shocked! eek2.gif

The notion that the Catholic Church banned Bible reading is stupid and absurd. Scripture has been available to every participant at every Mass, audibly or visually, to literate or illiterate, every day for 2000 years. In normal circumstances, laymen read aloud more Scripture that the priest, who reads the Gospel with everyone standing. In his testimony, Scott Hahn, then a Presbyterian minister, was shocked to see for himself how much Scripture is part of the Mass.

Hilarious! smile-grin12.gif

sacred_cow.gif

Reactions: amigo de christo

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 41552
That would be the Body of Christ... not the catholic church which is nothing more
than a social club with rules where their leaders demand money and dress funny View attachment 41553
Nope. The Church is NOT the Body of Christ. The Church is made up of elders/overseers/bishops as it's head and the flock as members of The Church. Also, I didn't say that the Catholic Church is The Church.

For you see BB Johnson The Church was in place BEFORE that Bible that you quote from. You should read Acts 5 before you make fun of what Scripture has to say about providing money for The Church. In Acts 5 it talks about what happens to people like you who are against a "religious organization" and keeping money from it. It is The Church, what you call a religious organization, that determines if you are to be treated as a pagan or tax collector.

Nice try though.....Keep trying!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That ain't nothing but propaganda View attachment 41576

When the future gets here, you're going to be shocked I tell you, shocked! View attachment 41577

Hilarious! View attachment 41578

View attachment 41579
thus all who sit under the sacred golden cow of the all inclusive delusion have bought the devils bull to the full .
We got us la madre of all harlots and abominations sitting high over the realm of what is commonly called
christendom . And she has influenced a massive amount of even the protestant realm
as well as leaders of this world and its false religoins . Now as one they merge under her shade
under what she calls love and unity , finding common ground . IT AINT LOOKING good chief for so many in these latter days .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thus all who sit under the sacred golden cow of the all inclusive delusion have bought the devils bull to the full .
We got us la madre of all harlots and abominations sitting high over the realm of what is commonly called
christendom . And she has influenced a massive amount of even the protestant realm
as well as leaders of this world and its false religoins . Now as one they merge under her shade
under what she calls love and unity , finding common ground . IT AINT LOOKING good chief for so many in these latter days .
What a surprise . . .

Another impotent rant that is completely devoid of Scriptural or historical perspective - NOR does it address post #221.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmm, which part was “propaganda”, Einstein?

The fact that the Catholic Church has been around since the time of the Apostles – or that it predates ANY of your disjointed Protestant factions by about 1500 years?

Try and debunk either fact . . .

You people are the ones God warned us about . . .

Matthew 24:4,5
And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
For many shall come in My Name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

*Many includes those claiming "I am anointed" that are deceiving many (false teachers)

1 Timothy 6:3-5
(see Luke 11:23 and 2 Peter 3:2)
If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness (holiness); (Doctrine of Christ, aka Doctrine of the Apostles)
He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof comes envy, strife, railings, evil thoughts… Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

2 Timothy 4:3,4
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine (teaching); but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2 Peter 2:1-3
But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying (contradicting, Not agreeing with) the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
And through covetousness (idolatry) shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingers not, and their damnation slumbers not.

Jude 1:4
For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness (no self control, living after the flesh), and denying (contradicting, opposing Jesus’ teachings) the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. (referring to false teachers and false brethren - see Matthew 13:24-30)
(Deny = Strong's G0720… to contradict, disavow, reject, deny, refuse - and Strong's G4483… the idea of pouring forth, to utter, speak of or say, command)

Jude 1:17-21
Remember the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
These are those who
separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
But you, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
("those who separate themselves" is not referring to sinners in the world who were never joined unto the Lord in the first place)

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You people are the ones God warned us about . . .

Matthew 24:4,5
And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
For many shall come in My Name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

*Many includes those claiming "I am anointed" that are deceiving many (false teachers)
And the Catholic Church has never had a leader who claimed to be Christ.
In fact, one of the official title of the Pope is “The Servant of the servants of God”.

So, you’re barking up the wrong tree, sparky . . .

1 Timothy 6:3-5 (see Luke 11:23 and 2 Peter 3:2)
If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness (holiness); (Doctrine of Christ, aka Doctrine of the Apostles)
He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof comes envy, strife, railings, evil thoughts… Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

2 Timothy 4:3,4
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine (teaching); but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2 Peter 2:1-3
But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying (contradicting, Not agreeing with) the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
And through covetousness (idolatry) shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingers not, and their damnation slumbers not.

Jude 1:4
For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness (no self control, living after the flesh), and denying (contradicting, opposing Jesus’ teachings) the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. (referring to false teachers and false brethren - see Matthew 13:24-30)
(Deny = Strong's G0720… to contradict, disavow, reject, deny, refuse - and Strong's G4483… the idea of pouring forth, to utter, speak of or say, command)
I agree.
The 2 pillars of Protestantism - Sola Scriptura and Sola Fide - are FALSE doctrines

The Catholic Church doesn't teach false doctrine. We affirm AL of Jesus’s teachings.
Once again – you’re WAAAYY off the mark . . .

Jude 1:17-21
Remember the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
These are those who
separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
But you, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
("those who separate themselves" is not referring to sinners in the world who were never joined unto the Lord in the first place)
The ONLT ones “separating” Catholics around here are ANTI-Catholics like YOU.
I suggest you heed the

Matt. 7:1-2

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the Catholic Church has never had a leader who claimed to be Christ.

But you do have leaders who claim to be anointed to speak for God, standing in place of Christ... then they teach things that are not of God, that are not biblical such as necromancy (witchcraft) and praying to / worshiping Jesus' momma clueless-doh.gif

The Catholic Church doesn't teach false doctrine.
laughing2.gif
That's a good one... sounds like today's comedy hour has begun!

The ONLY ones “separating” Catholics around here are ANTI-Catholics like YOU.

I'm not stopping catholics from hanging out with other catholics... ya'll go hang out and drink yo wine and eat yo crackers all you want. It's not a problem for me as I won't be joining your cult disagree.gif

I have family members that have converted to your cult and they are now nuts! agree.gif

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But you do have leaders who claim to be anointed to speak for God, standing in place of Christ... then they teach things that are not of God, that are not biblical such as necromancy (witchcraft) and praying to / worshiping Jesus' momma View attachment 41639

View attachment 41640
That's a good one... sounds like today's comedy hour has begun!

I'm not stopping catholics from hanging out with other catholics... ya'll go hang out and drink yo wine and eat yo crackers all you want. It's not a problem for me as I won't be joining your cult View attachment 41642

I have family members that have converted to your cult and they are now nuts! View attachment 41643
So do you hate your family members too? Are your parents practicing Catholics or are they just ethnical Catholics? If your mother is a practicing Catholic, have you broken your mothers heart with your anti-Catholic bigotry? Were you spiritually or emotionally abused by so called Catholic parents? Just asking. I'm trying to understand your psychotic hatred against an institution whose main function is the salvation of souls and helping the poor??? Because your unbridled anger is misdirected. I don't think it's the Church you are really angry with, the cause goes deeper. I think you have a psychological problem more than a religious problem. I also think you are too proud to subject yourself to a trained counsellor/pastor. If that's the case, and have no church of any kind, you must be very lonely.

Ventilating psychotic, irrational anger in forums is not discussion of any kind.
Let me guess: you are at the ripe old age of 15 and know everything.

Last edited:

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So do you hate your family members too?

I don't "hate" anybody but the devil.
I care about people and don't want to see them be deceived... and this involves point out false doctrine

Jesus said in Matt 24 that deception is the most dangerous thing mankind faces in the end times.

So, those that accept what Jesus says would be on the look out for deception so they can avoid being deceived and try to help others to not be deceived.

Those that are convinced catholicism is right are welcome to not read my posts which is fine by me.

We'll see where those following catholicism end up when the future gets here. agree.gif

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=d2d8...0cHM6Ly9zYW5hbmdlbG9jYXRoZWRyYWwub3JnLw&ntb=1

@amigo de christo, do you think these churches IN YOUR CITY deserve to be vandalized / desecrated / burned down?

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amigo de christo, do you think these churches IN YOUR CITY deserve to be vandalized / desecrated / burned down?

If it weren't for God's Word telling us to obey the laws of man for the sake of the Lord.... YES, they should be burned down!

Christians wouldn't do this as it is breaking the law, but non-believers doing it would be great!

Because... they are sending people to hell and in the end the Lord Jesus is going to destroy all these fake "churches"

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=d2d8...0cHM6Ly9zYW5hbmdlbG9jYXRoZWRyYWwub3JnLw&ntb=1

Just because a church can be dead wrong and teach great blasphemy , dont mean i would ever burn the thing down .
I would not even burn a muslim or buddist place . BUT I SURE would warn folks NOT TO ENTER such places .
NOW that i have done and will continue to do , TO warn those poor souls to flee such places
and rather come to CHRIST and get dug in the bible . WE GOT US WOLVES all over christendom
and a great foot race has and is occuring between the protestant realm and the CC , they both trying to outdo
each other with a false sin accepting love . NOT LOOKING good my friend . It truly is not looking good at all
within this world and sadly even within christendom itself . But the sheep wont and dont heed such men .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ JESUS has the sheep and the sheep of HIS PASTURE will not heed the voice of the hirelings of men gone wrong .
They will flee the voice of a stranger , FOR THE VOICE of CHRIST is whom they do heed .
They shall read the holy scrips and test ALLLLLLLL against them words . Let GOD be true but ever man a liar .
They hold to the Word and words of GOD which HE inspired in scripture and the SPIRIT which guides them
and leads them . NEVER will the SPIRIT contradict the scripture . The scripture IS TRUTH
inspired by GOD and not by men . AND that there HOLY BOOK is what they gonna test any and all who do speak
and do teach , against what is written . Many a man , many a women
has been decieved by the doctrines of men , twisted doctrines at best to teach a precept , a concept of men
AND NOT OF GOD . This lamb wont sit under such men . i suggest NO one does .
Rather join with the true lambs , feast on the bible , TRUST IN , HOPE in , have all FAITH IN GOD , IN HIS CHRIST .
Cause a very strong delusion has been sent which has come in under the guise it is love and is of God .
BUT IT IS NOT .
Its love rejoices in a lie , a broad path
its love rejoices in certain inquities , calling that which GOD has deemed evil as good and the very
truth of GOD and of CHRIST , of that gospel , as bad and in the way of their so called unity for world peace we are one junk pile .
The lambs wont enter into that convenant . FOR JESUS has the SHEEP and they have overcome them
for greater is HE that is in the lambs than he and they who do this other ones will that are of the world .

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just because a church can be dead wrong and teach great blasphemy , dont mean i would ever burn the thing down

I wouldn't either... but if someone else burns it down they may not know it but they are doing society a favor!

Sadly, the false churches typically have insurance so they usually rebuild