Was Bible Possession banned by the Catholic Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You worship mary with that mouth?
Nope – but YOU keep lying about it with YOUR mouth.
Good luck with that . . .

Rev. 21:8

But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and ALL LIARS, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

Catholisicsm is gnostic heresy!
WOW.
You’ve said a LOT of stupid things on this forum – but this is the most asinine claim yet.

Pull your head out of your hinder quarters and wake up homie before it's too late for you!
Another stupid comment without having refuted a SINGLE point I made.

This is like shooting fish in a
barrel . . .
OK, so show me where Jesus said Christians need to pray to His momma.. or get His momma to pray for you instead of praying directly to the Father in Jesus Name which is what Jesus actually said (John 16:23, John 14:13, etc)

Let's start with the praying to mary heresy that you have NO scripture for and see how you do.
Let's see what kind of tall tails you spin to make it sound OK to talk to those that are physically dead and are no longer on this earth thru demon spirits

Catholics practice necromancy which is witchcraft and as such they are following doctrines of demons and are obviously oblivious to this fact.
I stand corrected.
THIS
is the most asinine response you’ve made yet . . .

Let’s start with the BIBLICAL practice of intercessory prayer.
- In Rev. 5:8 – the Elders in Heaven are taking our prayers to God.
- James admonishes his readers to PRAY FOR each other (James 5:16).
- Paul asks the Ephesians to PRAY FOR HIM (6:18-20).
- John tells his readers to PRAY FOR each other (1 John 5:16).
- In Col. 4:3, Paul wants the Colossians to intercede in prayer for him.

NOW, let’s go to the “unbiblical” prayers of the Rosary . . .

The Lord’s Prayer
Jesus
Himself gave us this prayer (Matt. 6:9).

The Hail Mary:
“Hail Mary, full of grace – the Lord is with thee”

This was the Angel’s greeting to Mary (Luke 1:28).

“Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb (Jesus)”

This was Elizabeth’s greeting to Mary when she visited her.

The 2nd half of the prayer
“Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the our of our death.”

Can you show me ONE verse in Scripture that forbids a member of the Body of Christ to ask fellow members of the Body of Christ to pray for them?
You can’t, because you’re just an angry, ignorant little anti-Catholic . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enjoy your necromancy thru your catholkic mediums, séances, and ouija boards
View attachment 41777
I thing I/'ve only conversed with ONE other person on this forum who was as stupid and completely devoid iof intelligence as you.
It's like talking to a
box of rocks . . ,.
satan enjoys catholic religious dogma!
And yet, YOU haven't been able to define or even describe a SINGLE Catholic fpgma OR doctrine that is false.
EPIC FAIL . . .

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 41777satan enjoys catholic religious dogma! View attachment 41778
I just saw where you put a video up of an ex-Catholic. Seems like just another unedcuated lay Catholic who didn't know their faith to begin with.

Why not listen to some folks who have PhD's in the Bible, etc., some of whom taught in Protestant seminaries? These folks, through their study of the Bible and Christianity, became Catholic.

Dr. Doug Beaumont:

Dr. Scott Hahn:

Dr. Jason Reed:

Dr. Tory Baucum:

Dr. Benjamin Lewis:

If you need more, I can provide you with many more.

My observation is that people who leave the Catholic Church did so through ignorance. They didn't know what the Catholic Church taught. They were convinced by someone else whom they allowed to influence them through their ignorance. They couldn't answer the questions posed to them.

Those people who come into the Catholic Church, like the ones listed above, come in because they entered a deep, intellectual study of the Bible, theology, the teachings of the Church, the history of Christianity, etc. They didn't enter through ignorance, but because they discovered the fullness of truth taught by Christ's Church.

Reactions: Illuminator

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope – but YOU keep lying about it with YOUR mouth.

Catholics worship mary when they pray the rosary... there are tones of catholic resources online that verify this.

You’ve said a LOT of stupid things on this forum – but this is the most asinine claim yet.

The truth hurts when catholisicm is revealed for what it actually is... FALSE DOCTRINE

I feel sorry for you... I hope you get right with the Lord someday... I really do.

This is like shooting fish in a barrel . . .

Hey hey, no need to start threatening people with firearms!
Please get some help... there are people in your area that provide mental health services for free

“Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the our of our death.”

That's some of the false doctrine I was referring too, oh unhinged one.

Mary cannot pray for you now or when you die... if she could it would be meaningless
because you are to have a DIRECT relationship with the Father thru Jesus Christ!
1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus (Not mary)

1 John 2:1
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: (Not mary)

John 10:1
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. (Not mary)

Can you show me ONE verse in Scripture that forbids a member of the Body of Christ to ask fellow members of the Body of Christ to pray for them?
You can’t, because you’re just an angry, ignorant little anti-Catholic . . .

Can you show me from God's Word where necromancy... is taught?

No, you cannot because you have been indoctrinated by the catholic cult and you go by their teachings instead of the Word of God.

Nowhere in God's Word does it teach us to contact those that have died physically and are no longer on this earth and ask them to pray for us... satan started that teaching and you people fell for it hook, line, and stinker!

If you actually had a relationship with the Lord you would be praying directly to the Father in Jesus Name which is what Jesus taught His followers to do. But, you have no relationship with the Lord so you want other to approach Him for you.
I feel sorry for you... I hope you get right with the Lord someday... I really do.amen-prayer.gif

Last edited:

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just saw where you put a video up of an ex-Catholic. Seems like just another unedcuated lay Catholic who didn't know their faith to begin with.

Dan Corner was raised in a strict catholic home and was a practicing catholic until his mid- 20s and once he learned that many of the false doctrines taught by the catholic church were not even in God's Word... he did what anyone who truely loves the Lord would do... he left the false catholic church behind.

If you need more, I can provide you with many more.

I don't sit under heresy so you are wasting your time trying to get me to
throw my relationship with the Lord in the trash to follow doctrines of demons.

The time spent reply to me, just think you could be reaching out to those mary
demons and get them to "pray" for you since you have no relationship with the Lord
yourself and need to find someone to approach him for you... since you don't know Him.
I feel sorry for you, man... I hope you get right with the Lord someday... I really do. amen-prayer.gif

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholics worship mary when they pray the rosary... there are tones of catholic resources online that verify this.
Now – for lying, I’m going to publicly humiliate you.

I OPENLY-CHALLENGE you to find ONE, single “Catholic” source online that claims we “worship” Mary through the Rosary.

Amy idiot knows that it is a request for prayerful intercession and nothing more.
You will ONLY find this lie in the usual anti-Catholic cesspool of sites that you frequent.

The truth hurts when catholisicm is revealed for what it actually is... FALSE DOCTRINE
I feel sorry for you... I hope you get right with the Lord someday... I really do.
Them, WHY are you do afraid to point out even ONE SINGLE doctrine that is “false”??

I’ve given you DAYS to come up with one – and so far, you have failed . . .
Hey hey, no need to start threatening people with firearms!
Please get some help... there are people in your area that provide mental health services for free
Ony a true moron wouldn’t understand this figure of speech.

It simply means that your ineptitude has made my job incredibly EASY . . .

That's some of the false doctrine I was referring too, oh unhinged one.
Mary cannot pray for you now or when you die... if she could it would be meaningless
because you are to have a DIRECT relationship with the Father thru Jesus Christ!
1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus (Not mary)

1 John 2:1
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: (Not mary)

John 10:1
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. (Not mary)
Asking a member of the Body of Christ on earth to pray for you is NO different than asking a member in Heaven.

Soooo – when did Mary and the saints in Heaven get kicked OUT of the Body of Christ, Einstein? Can you show me the verse??

Ever hear of the Transfiguration (Luke 9:28-36) of Jesus, Einstein?
Moses and Elijah appeared before Him and SPOKE with Him. The Bible tells us that Moses DIED and was buried (Deut. 34:5-6). With GodALL things are possible (Matt. 19:26).

Luke 20:38
"He is not the God of the dead, but of the living, for to him all are alive.”

Your lack of faith is pathetic . . .
Can you show me from God's Word where necromancy... is taught?

No, you cannot because you have been indoctrinated by the catholic cult and you go by their teachings instead of the Word of God.

Nowhere in God's Word does it teach us to contact those that have died physically and are no longer on this earth and ask them to pray for us... satan started that teaching and you people fell for it hook, line, and stinker!

If you actually had a relationship with the Lord you would be praying directly to the Father in Jesus Name which is what Jesus taught His followers to do. But, you have no relationship with the Lord so you want other to approach Him for you.
I feel sorry for you... I hope you get right with the Lord someday... I really do.View attachment 41808
Can YOU actually DEFINE necromancy, Einstein.
I’ve asked you several times now to define it – and you have FAILED every time.

A little advice:
When you use words that you absolutely do NOT understand – it makes you look even more
stupid . . .

Last edited:

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dan Corner was raised in a strict catholic home and was a practicing catholic until his mid- 20s and once he learned that many of the false doctrines taught by the catholic church were not even in God's Word... he did what anyone who truely loves the Lord would do... he left the false catholic church behind.

I don't sit under heresy so you are wasting your time trying to get me to
throw my relationship with the Lord in the trash to follow doctrines of demons.

The time spent reply to me, just think you could be reaching out to those mary
demons and get them to "pray" for you since you have no relationship with the Lord
yourself and need to find someone to approach him for you... since you don't know Him.
I feel sorry for you, man... I hope you get right with the Lord someday... I really do. View attachment 41807
I would question whether Don Corner knew his faith, regardless of whether his family was "strict" or not. Clearly, he didn't know what he was leaving.

Like the Pharisees of old, who were absolutely convinced that Jesus was a blasphemer, you are absolutly sure that the Church founded by Christ, with which He identifies as one, is heretical. If it is, then we're all wasting our time, because unless you can prove that Jesus came back and re-introduced Divine Revelation to mankind to "correct the errors" taught by His Church, then there would be NO source of information about Christ. There is NO Christian Church that can trace itself back to Christ without going THROUGH the Catholic Church. None. Not one.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 41777satan enjoys catholic religious dogma! View attachment 41778
You know what Satan REALLY loves?

False doctrines like Sola Scriptura and Sola Fide. It has separated Protestantism into tends of thousands of disjointed and perpetually splintering factions because you ALL interpret Scripture differently.

Some pf you believe in baptismal regeneration, while others do not.
Some believe in soul-sleep, while others do not.
Some believe in the total depravity of man, while others do not.
Some believe in the Holy Trinity, while others do not.
Some believe in doctrine of “once saved, always saved”, while others do not.
Some believe in a pre-tribulation “Rapture”, while others do not.
Some believe that only those who were predestined will make it to heaven, while others do not.
Some believe that some were predestined for hell, while others do not.
Some believe in a woman’s right to choose abortion, while others do not.
Some believe that practicing homosexuality is a sin, while others do not.
Most believe in contraception, while others do not – and the confusion goes on . . .

Good job, Einstein.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I notice that anti-Mary Christians often leave Jesus out of their objections. It's a trap.
Not so fast.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know what Satan REALLY loves?

False doctrines like Sola Scriptura and Sola Fide. It has separated Protestantism into tends of thousands of disjointed and perpetually splintering factions because you ALL interpret Scripture differently.

Some pf you believe in baptismal regeneration, while others do not.
Some believe in soul-sleep, while others do not.
Some believe in the total depravity of man, while others do not.
Some believe in the Holy Trinity, while others do not.
Some believe in doctrine of “once saved, always saved”, while others do not.
Some believe in a pre-tribulation “Rapture”, while others do not.
Some believe that only those who were predestined will make it to heaven, while others do not.
Some believe that some were predestined for hell, while others do not.
Some believe in a woman’s right to choose abortion, while others do not.
Some believe that practicing homosexuality is a sin, while others do not.
Most believe in contraception, while others do not – and the confusion goes on . . .

Good job, Einstein.
At least they try to follow the scriptures, not follow traditions of man whose origins are not of God to say the least.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can Sola Scriptura be a false doctrine?
View attachment 44152
oh its only false to those who desire power and control over the peoples .
The truth in scripture will expose them types . and that is why they say sola scripta is false doctrine .
cause had the people been planted in the bible , these money hungry power hungry leaders couldnt decieve them .
Now hands up , IT BE LORD PRAISING TIME in the building .

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For Sola Scriptura to be true, it would have to be IN the Bible.
False. It is true that Boston is north of Miami, even though it is not in the Bible.

Sola Scriptura is Latin for To hell with the corrupt Catholic Church, the faithful will rely on God's word and their own conscience. I read that on the internet. So, it must be true. :rain?:

Reactions: amigo de christo

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
During my years as active Catholic [ended in 1961], I never knew a Catholic who read the Bible.

That is because it was in '1961".... that the "cult of Mary" begin allowing their members to read the bible, vs, only going to their priest with their questions.

And even now, the "cult of Mary" does not encourage bible reading, as they would prefer that you only read "Church Fathers".. and that certainly isn't related to Martin Luther. (n their mind/perspective).

• Wow
Reactions: The Learner

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False. It is true that Boston is north of Miami, even though it is not in the Bible.

Sola Scriptura is Latin for To hell with the corrupt Catholic Church, the faithful will rely on God's word and their own conscience. I read that on the internet. So, it must be true. :rain?:
But the very doctrine of Sola Scriptura says that everything we are to believe, with regard to the teachings of God, are IN the Bible. Boston being north of Miami is not a doctrinal issue with regard to the teachings of God.

Without the Catholic Church, you don't have a Bible. It was the Catholic Church, under the inspiriation of the Holy Spirit, that decided which books belonged in the New Testament. This was done at the Councils of Rome, Hippo, and Carthage in the late 4th century. They analyzed over 300 documents, coming up with the 27 that are commonly accepted as the New Testament today.

• Love
Reactions: The Learner

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For Sola Scriptura to be true, it would have to be IN the Bible. It is not, however. It is a man-made doctrine.
I think you have missed @Augustin56's point -- which was that if a theological tenet needs to be found in Scripture in order to be considered true, then "Sola Scriptura," being a theological tenet, would need to be found there in order to be considered true. Geographical tenets are not of that ilk. (But I think you are right about Boston being north of Miami.)

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is because it was in '1961".... that the "cult of Mary" begin allowing their members to read the bible, vs, only going to the priest with their questions.
Really? Then why did Catholic churches chain a copy of the Bible in church for anyone of the tiny minority of literate people could read? The reason they chained it was because they were expensive and could be stolen and sold. The pages were made of velum, which was made from the stomachs of cows or sheep. It would take a very large herd of animals to make one Bible. That was very expensive.

If you can get past your anti-Catholic blinders, you might be surprised by truth. In fact, there's a book by Patrick Madrid, an ex-Protestant, who made such a journey, by the same name "Suprised by Truth." Many Protestant pastors and laymen became Catholic because they found out they were being lied to about the Catholic Church, and discovered that the Catholic Church was the orignal Church founded by Christ. But, they were sincerely seeking the Lord.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Really? Then why did Catholic churches chain a copy of the Bible in church for anyone of the tiny minority of literate people could read?

Were American Catholics "illiterate" until 1961?

Well, you could make the case that if all a Catholic has access to is a Latin Bible... but that wont work.

why?

Because the ENGLISH version "Douay Rheims" bible, was completed in the early 1600's.

So, do you have any other way to try to hide the fact that the cult of mary is a cult?

You dont have the tools, and the more you try to defend deception, the worse it becomes.