Was God.....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 46:9-11
[9]Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
[10]Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

[11]Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God  is omnipresent. He sees all. He knows all.

Proverbs 15:3
“The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.”

Psalm 139:1-13,22,24
[1](To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.) O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me.
[2]Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
[3]Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
[4]For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.
[5]Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.
[6]Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
[7]Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
[8]If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
[9]If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
[10]Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
[11]If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
[12]Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.
[13]For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
[22]I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.
[24]And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

John 1:3-5
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Job 34:21
“For his eyes are upon the ways of man, and he seeth all his goings.”

Isaiah 43:2
“When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.”

Isaiah 57:15
“For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.”

Jeremiah 23:23-24
[23]Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off?

[24]Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD.

1 Kings 8:27
[27]But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have builded?

Isaiah 66:1-2
[1]Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?
[2]For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

Isaiah 49:15-16
[15]Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.
[16]Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.

Revelation 19:6

[6]And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

Hebrews 4:12-16
[12]For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
[13]Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.
[14]Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
[15]For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
[16]Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Colossians 1:17
“And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.”

Acts 17:27-28
[27]That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
[28]For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

Matthew 28:18-20
[18]And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying,
All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

[19]Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
[20]Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So He wanted the appreciation of good (I understand that) but it failed so He got Jesus to die for us on the cross as a better plan. That still means He was not exactly all-knowing as some say as He didn't know it would fail so He introduced Jesus to die on the cross for us. Thanks Aunty Jane, that you appreciate me asking difficult questions because I want other ideas that can be better than mine.
Actually, you're still missing it. Jesus chose to be the sacrifice before the foundations of the world were framed. He knew man would fall, and He counted the cost and Jesus was foreordained before the foundation of the world to be the sacrifice that brought us back to the Father.

1 Peter 1:19-20
[19]But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
[20]Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Revelation 13:8-9

[8]And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

[9]If any man have an ear, let him hear.

Reactions: Lambano

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are wrong that it is blasphemous. I am only asking difficult questions to learn and grow in Christ Jesus. If you're still against me then I will not reply next time because I have better things I have to accomplish than arguing. Thanks all who are helping
Make sure that you're taking your answers from scripture. Otherwise you have no foundation of truth. (Pay particular attention to verse 14.)

Ephesians 4:13-15
[13]Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

[14]That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
[15]But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

How do we know what the truth is? Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. He is the Word that was made flesh. And the Word is truth.

John 14:6
[6]Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 1:14

[14]And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

John 17:17
[17]Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

John 16:13
[13]Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

John 8:32
[32]And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

1 Thessalonians 5:21
[21]Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
An infinite reason…?
Infinite and someone or something?
Jesus is God made finite (God as a Man). God the Father remained infinite. This is why Jesus said

John 14:28​

28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Jesus serves as the intermediary between God and Man by experiencing all the evil of Mankind firsthand and suffering all of its sins. After Jesus' ascension He returned to being infinite.

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is God made finite (God as a Man). God the Father remained infinite. This is why Jesus said

John 14:28​

28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Jesus serves as the intermediary between God and Man by experiencing all the evil of Mankind firsthand and suffering all of its sins. After Jesus' ascension He returned to being infinite.
Infinite can not know finite, because if there is infinite, there isn’t finite.

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how does a dead man bring himself back to life?
Life & death is a duality which takes place in the believing of thoughts, yet never in perception or direct experience.
Notice you assume there is death without ever having actually experienced it. Similar to sleep, other beings, and unicorns.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you have any specific questions or would like clarification on anything shared please feel free to ask. This way we respectfully allow an opportunity for elaboration in the discourse vs assuming and making demeaning personal accusations.

“One of us” doesn’t refer to a plurality or multiplicity of Gods. There is only an infinite one. “One of us” refers to the divisive separative nature inherent in ‘knowing’ there is good and evil. When one ‘knows’ there is good & evil, one is tempted to employ this ‘knowledge’ to separate; us & them… exactly as has occurred here.

“And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever.”

The instructions are very clear. Instead of settling for ‘knowing’ there is good & evil, and applying this ‘knowledge’ in an alienating personal manor, go instead to the tree of life.

Put another way, when the burn of judgement (the flaming sword) is felt in ‘knowing’ there is good & evil, rather than deny the ‘burn’ or discord felt, be in accordance with the flaming sword which points instead to the tree of life. Rather than judge & accuse, be the creator you truly are & and create the desired change within yourself & within your life… and therein, in your world.
Disagree with your philosphy. The Lord said behold, the man has become as one of us, to know good and evil ...
It is plainly written. No need to go off on an abstract philosophical tangent, it's simple. God ( whether you believe in a Triune God or not) knew about good and evil before He placed the tree in the garden. Adam and Eve ate of it, then they began to know/ experience good and evil, it was introduced to them. They felt shame and guilt, realized they did somethimg wrong for the first time and thus mankind began the journey in a world of good and evil. It is funny what happens when you are caught sinning, you immediately try to put the blame on someone else. Adam tried to blame Eve, Eve blamed Satan.

Last edited:
Reactions: TLHKAJ and Johann

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Life & death is a duality which takes place in the believing of thoughts, yet never in perception or direct experience.
Notice you assume there is death without ever having actually experienced it. Similar to sleep, other beings, and unicorns.
sorry, you've lost credibility!

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ALL-knowing. Was he also not all-intelligent. I concluded that God was not all-intelligent because His creation failed in what he wanted and that he's not all-knowing, that's why he didn't know it would fail. Discuss!
Why do you say his creation failed? Failed in what way?

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Disagree with your philosphy.
Could you please be so kind as to be specific, as to quote and reply to what was said specifically… which is seen to be philosophical rather than actual or indicative of or pointing to the truth verifiable now in direct experience?
The Lord said behold, the man has become as one of us, to know good and evil ...
Are you interpreting “us” as referring to Gods, as in plural, two or more Gods?

It is plainly written.
Indeed, yes! That’s really the profound beauty of it!
Rejoice!

No need to go off on an abstract philosophical tangent, it's simple. God ( whether you believe in a Triune God or not) knew about good and evil before He placed the tree in the garden. Adam and Eve ate of it, then they began know good and evil, it was introduced to them. They felt shame and guilt, realized they did somethimg wrong for the first time and thus mankind began the journey in a world of good and evil. It is funny what happens when you are caught sinning, you immediately try to put the blame on someone else. Adam tried to blame Eve, Eve blamed Satan.
Infinite can not know finite. This is not a philosophical comment, nor do I disagree per se with any of your beliefs or believe it’s ‘wrong’ to believe.

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sorry, you've lost credibility!
In this experience credibility was never had, and thus can not be lost.
Though it is seen how you might have projected credibility, and now retract.
But that doesn’t equate to me ever having had it.

It is always your call, up to you… to inspect direct experience and see if what’s being said is actual. There is nothing wrong with suffering / not inspecting.

What’s being suggested, is to inspect for yourself so to speak… and precisely not to try to figure out or assess who is credible, who is trustworthy, etc.

Certainty is never, will never, and could never be found in experience.
And Phil is experience, isn’t it so?

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could you please be so kind as to be specific, as to quote and reply to what was said specifically… which is seen to be philosophical rather than actual or indicative of or pointing to the truth verifiable now in direct experience?
Your whole style of communication is not cohesive, its waffles in and out of reality.
At times it seems like a riddle, using lofty expressions. A reader (especially on this forum) should post something that people can easily read through and get without having to enter into the twilight zone, only to disciver that they really don't care to continue the journey.

We were adviced to adopt a certain style of communication in sales. - The KISS principal --- Keep It Simple Stupid. Don't get to complicated. Don't pretend to sound intelligent. You aren't Socrates. Intelligence is the ability to solve problems. If you can't understand a simple scripture, well you need to ask for the Holy Spirit's help. Do you know who He is?

Are you interpreting “us” as referring to Gods, as in plural, two or more Gods?
God, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Others interpret this as God referring to Himself and the angels. The point is, either way, God knew about good and evil before creation.
Infinite can not know finite. This is not a philosophical comment, nor do I disagree per se with any of your beliefs or believe it’s ‘wrong’ to believe.
You don't know what you are talking about - at least about this topic. I will prove it in this statement you said: "Infinite can not know finite".
First of all, infinite and finite are adjectives that require a noun unless you referung to space or a quantity. So your sentence is not a complete thought it is a frament, not really comprehensible. I can assume that you are referring to an inifinite God.
God is infinite and He created this finite universe and evil by the way. God knows what He created.

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your whole style of communication is not cohesive, its waffles in and out of reality.
At times it seems like a riddle, using lofty expressions. A reader (especially on this forum) should post something that people can easily read through and get without having to enter into the twilight zone, only to disciver that they really don't care to continue the journey.

We were adviced to adopt a certain style of communication in sales. - The KISS principal --- Keep It Simple Stupid. Don't get to complicated. Don't pretend to sound intelligent. You aren't Socrates. Intelligence is the ability to solve problems. If you can't understand a simple scripture, well you need to ask for the Holy Spirit's help.
I do appreciate the feedback, thanks for taking the time. If you do have any specific questions on what was said feel free. Perhaps there is something simply said which at first seems otherwise which a follow up question & a little unpacking might prove to be insightful & worthwhile. Respectfully, that aspect is up to you of course.

Do you know who He is?
What is there to know what is infinite? By definition there isn’t “that other thing”, or, finite.

God, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Others interpret this as God referring to Himself and the angels. The point is, either way, God knew about good and evil before creation.
Yes, the trinity, which means ultimately is of course one, and not even. Therein, another interpretation, or perhaps as it is stated without interpretation, is that ‘us’ is to believe in a plurality which doesn’t actually exist.

You don't know what you are talking about - at least about this topic. I will prove it in this statement you said: "Infinite can not know finite".
First of all, infinite and finite are adjectives that require a noun unless you referung to space or a quantity. So your sentence is not a complete thought it is a frament, not really comprehensible. I can assume that you are referring to an inifinite God.
God is infinite and He created this finite universe and evil by the way. God knows what He created.
If there is a finite creation, by definition there isn’t an infinite being.
I’m stating there very much is, and only is, infinite being.
And of course, the illusion of ignorance.