Was Jesus a hypocrite

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 10:28 KJV
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell

I feel this is an appropriate topic to discuss given it is Easter.

Some hold to the belief that Jesus was afraid of what men would do to his body.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the great drops of blood He sheds in the garden were a result of His fear of God and not man.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing indicates He was, nor ever could have been , false in any way. (He could not be a hypocrite)

If there was anything false in Him, He could not have been the spotless lamb sacrifice for anyone's sins.

Reactions: theophilus

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing indicates He was, nor ever could have been , false in any way. (He could not be a hypocrite)

If there was anything false in Him, He could not have been the spotless lamb sacrifice for anyone's sins.
So why do some conclude He was afraid of man. And their supporting scripture is Him petitioning God in the garden to remove the cup?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So why do some conclude He was afraid of man. And their supporting scripture is Him petitioning God in the garden to remove the cup?
Ask them. It is not Biblical. And why would you think He could ever be a hypocrite at all, anyway ? That would be against all Scripture.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the scripture I've posted Jesus says not to fear men that kill the body.
I still hold to the belief that it was Christ that orchestrated His crusafiction.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ask them. It is not Biblical. And why would you think He could ever be a hypocrite at all, anyway ? That would be against all Scripture.
I don't,I believe it's a misunderstanding on their part, and thought maybe this thread would give new insight to the fullness of Christ.

Reactions: Joseph77

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the fullness of Christ.
Every good gift is from above.
Every good gift is through Jesus Christ.
Everything that was created/made/ was made through Him.
There is nothing made that was made any other way.
Every Blessing from the Father is YEAH! AND AMEN! in Christ Jesus.
There is no darkness nor shadow, no iniquity nor injusting in Jesus at all.
In Him is the fullness of God. Completely. Eternally.
He is echad (one) with the Father, as He prays that we also (His disciples) be echad (one) with Him and with the Father.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every good gift is from above.
Every good gift is through Jesus Christ.
Everything that was created/made/ was made through Him.
There is nothing made that was made any other way.
Every Blessing from the Father is YEAH! AND AMEN! in Christ Jesus.
There is no darkness nor shadow, no iniquity nor injusting in Jesus at all.
In Him is the fullness of God. Completely. Eternally.
He is echad (one) with the Father, as He prays that we also (His disciples) be echad (one) with Him and with the Father.

John 3:34 KJV
For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

Reactions: Joseph77

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 3:34 KJV
For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.
Jesus (Light) came into the world, into the darkness exposing it, and the world rejected Jesus, because its deeds/lives/ are evil.
Jesus (Light) came to the internet, ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is never any Word or Action that shows in any way that Jesus ever feared man, nor did He ever have any 'reason' to fear man or men.
We even see this modeling in the apostles in the epistles. So why do some believe Jesus is in the garden afraid?

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the great drops of blood He sheds in the garden were a result of His fear of God and not man.
He didn't fear God. He feared the separation from God that he would experience when our sins were placed on him.

At one point he cried out, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" God had to abandon him because he was carrying our sins and God cannot look on sin. This was something that would not have bothered us as much because being separated from God is our default position. We cannot experience union with God until our sins have been forgiven. But Jesus had experience unbroken union with the Father for all eternity. What he was experiencing was the most horrible thing that ever happened to anybody. But because he endured this we can now never be separated from God's love.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.... unless we choose by our will to be condemned (condemned "already because of unbelief" )