Was Jesus a spirit being before coming to earth as a human?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Was Jesus a spirit being before coming to earth?

• Total voters

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus is God...God is spirit...He was and always will be THE spirit. Don't you read your bible?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read the second line of post 68....already know it.

It does not help the Old Testament that says that Yahweh created the world.
And you should look up the Pagan history of the Logos.
Well, the focus should be when the light…. Which is Chris entered into the said world.

Concerning the eternal existence of The Christ I’d say with attorneys many time they’ll examine a document and allege that the spirit of the letter has to be taken into consideration, and upon observation of the letter I have no doubt the volume of it is all about His Spirit, especially the old letter. So I may have to change my vote.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read the second line of post 68....already know it.

It does not help the Old Testament that says that Yahweh created the world.
And you should look up the Pagan history of the Logos.
I do believe that regardless of the tampering of pagans, that the Spirt will assuredly make any necessary corrections.

Reactions: Grailhunter

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
per·son
/ˈpərs(ə)n/
Filter definitions by topic

See definitions in:
All
Grammar
Religion

noun
  1. 1.
    a human being regarded as an individual.
    "the porter was the last person to see her"

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, where is the scripture that supports this?
John 1:1 shows the Only-Begotten Son of God is the Word he was with God in the beginning. Whether anyone else believes that or not is their choice. The scripture at Revelation 3:14 says Jesus is the beginning of creation so since I believe the Only-Begotten Son of God to be a person the scriptures show that the Only Begotten Son of God existed as a person before Adam existed.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1:1 shows the Only-Begotten Son of God is the Word he was with God in the beginning. Whether anyone else believes that or not is their choice. The scripture at Revelation 3:14 says Jesus is the beginning of creation so since I believe the Only-Begotten Son of God to be a person the scriptures show that the Only Begotten Son of God existed as a person before Adam existed.
Ok what if the beginning John is speaking of is the new creation, you know as John also said in this chapter…. When the light which is Christ came into the world.

That would be when He was born of God?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the focus should be when the light…. Which is Chris entered into the said world.

Concerning the eternal existence of The Christ I’d say with attorneys many time they’ll examine a document and allege that the spirit of the letter has to be taken into consideration, and upon observation of the letter I have no doubt the volume of it is all about His Spirit, especially the old letter. So I may have to change my vote.

See posts 68 and 69

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok what if the beginning John is speaking of is the new creation, you know as John also said in this chapter…. When the light which is Christ came into the world.

That would be when He was born of God?
I don't agree that there is a hint in the scriptures at revelations 3:14 that John is speaking of a new creation. The context is the beginning of creation when the True God started creating which includes the creation of our universe.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6
"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." - Luke 2:11
"…23But a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father is seeking such as these to worship Him. 24 God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth.” 25The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When He comes, He will explain everything to us.”…"
"
6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”

8 Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”

9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. 12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it." - John 14:6-1
"God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth" - John 4:24
"I and the Father are one.” - John 10:30
Yes, I'd say that Jesus was a spirit being before coming to earth.

Thanks for your input Truman, I was asked by an individual to show a scripture that shows Jesus was a spirit being prior to coming to earth, and I was not able to produce one that point blank stated it, he later agreed Jesus was not a human before coming to earth.

Reactions: Truman

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, though I do want to add one thing. We need the blood of Jesus to save us from our past sins. And, as you say, we need to learn to obey the Lord's teachings.

Couldn't agree more Bob, without the sacrifice of Jesus flesh and blood in our behalf, there would be no salvation.

Reactions: Bob Estey

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 3:31,32; John 6:38 shows that the Only Begotten Son of God was in heaven before he came to Earth as a human.

I fully agree Barn, but that is not what I asked, in your last post you stated he was God, not God's son. That of course I do not agree with. Do you know what begotten means sir?