Was Jesus/Yeshua born with a Sin Nature?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No he had no sin nature. If one claims he did then he would not be a lamb without spot.
The imagery of a lamb without spot is speaking to a flawless character right? You believe he was sinless? Trying to understand how you relate that to the Masters nature? We have long established as truth in this thread that God condemned the power of sin in Jesus' nature and to do this Jesus had to have a condemned nature - that's the point right! You cant condemn something in someone if its not present! :Amen:

Romans 8:3 For God achieved what the law could not do because it was weakened through the flesh. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and concerning sin, he condemned sin in the flesh

So the Law could not offer salvation because it only intensified sin in the flesh. Rather God raising up a Son in sin's flesh was able to condemn sins power i.e wages of the sin is death Romans 6:23.

Hebrews 2:14-17 speaks to Jesus being in the exact same nature as you! So I'm puzzled on what basis do you understand the Lords nature?

Hebrews 2:17 Therefore he had to be made like his brothers and sisters in every respect!

Straight forward in my opinion...it could only be complicated if you tried to force dual natures but then we are moving outside the Scripture.

F2F

Last edited:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is YOU who blasphemes God as the most unjust judge to ever exist...by denying the truth that Jesus had no advantage over His followers when it comes to meeting the Divine Standard.

:dusted: The Divine Standard - like that!

Reactions: The Learner

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Was Jesus/Yeshua born with a Sin Nature?

Well he was half-human and was therefore prone to satanic temptations like the rest of us, but set us all a great example by not giving in to it-
Jesus said "Satan has no hold on me" (John 14:30)

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well he was half-human and was therefore prone to satanic temptations like the rest of us, but set us all a great example by not giving in to it-

Ds, yes, and if we are born again, we are the same.

1 John 5:18
We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Even more interesting as you state is that Jesus overcomes Satan and does away with Him in the Revelation of Jesus Christ, found in the Apostolic record, drop ship. Thank you for sharing your insights.

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would anyone ask such a SILLY QUESTION unless he loves to stir the pot?
It is the question.

Do you believe that Jesus was made perfect, without sin, with a nature that cannot sin?

I do not. I believe he was made of a mortal woman and inherited all her attributes including the tendency toward sin.

It is Jesus's triumph and why he is God because he overcame the world of sin and loved righteousness and hated sin, and because of this will to do what the Father's will is why he is able to bear our sins and save us, (being like us).

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ds, yes, and if we are born again, we are the same.

1 John 5:18
We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him.
To you, is a person that says they are born again will never sin again?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you believe that Jesus was made perfect, without sin, with a nature that cannot sin?
Jesus -- as God the Word -- was ALREADY perfect. He was the eternal Son of God before He was supernaturally conceived. And because Christ was born of the virgin Mary, He had a sinless humanity. He could not sin, He would not sin, and He was a Man "apart from sin". While those temptations presented by Satan were quite real, they had absolutely no impact on Jesus of Nazareth. Christians must keep in mind that if the slightest taint of sin would have been in Christ, He could not have become the Lamb of God who took away the sin of the world.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus -- as God the Word -- was ALREADY perfect. He was the eternal Son of God before He was supernaturally conceived. And because Christ was born of the virgin Mary, He had a sinless humanity. He could not sin, He would not sin, and He was a Man "apart from sin". While those temptations presented by Satan were quite real, they had absolutely no impact on Jesus of Nazareth. Christians must keep in mind that if the slightest taint of sin would have been in Christ, He could not have become the Lamb of God who took away the sin of the world.

That is absolutely correct. And because we have been born again of the same seed as Jesus was, we have freedom from sin also. Do you believe that is what Paul meant in Romans 8:29-30 when he said Jesus was the firstborn of "many brethren." We are like him with the same mind. And we are no longer in the carnal flesh but in the Spirit as Romans 8:9 says and 1 John 3:9. Do you believe that word of God, Enoch?

Last edited:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The adversary spoken of here is referring to the known powers of their time. Men like Herod and Pontius Pilate and the chief priests were the embodiment of the "prince of this world".

We know and have been taught how the Zealous Jews would be "cast" from their office by the sacrificial death of Christ (his "lifting up" as per John 12:32)

It's always important to keep to the context and not force non-biblical notions on it.

F2F

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The adversary spoken of here is referring to the known powers of their time. Men like Herod and Pontius Pilate and the chief priests were the embodiment of the "prince of this world"..

Yes, when Jesus said "Satan has no hold on me" (John 14:31), he no doubt also included satan's lackeys.
Today's lackeys are the godless leftwing antichrists in government, films, TV, newspapers and schoolteaching who are trying to take hold of the population to convince them that "tolerance" and "liberalism" is a good thing, but as Christians, we're immune to their sick propaganda.
And as always they can't get under the Bible's radar, which yet again fulfils prophecies such as these..:)
"Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour" (1 John 2:18)
"For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear" (2 Timothy 4:3)

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, when Jesus said "Satan has no hold on me" (John 14:31), he no doubt also included satan's lackeys.
Today's lackeys are the godless leftwing antichrists in government, films, TV, newspapers and schoolteaching who are trying to take hold of the population to convince them that "tolerance" and "liberalism" is a good thing, but as Christians, we're immune to their sick propaganda.
And as always they can't get under the Bible's radar, which yet again fulfils prophecies such as these..:)
"Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour" (1 John 2:18)
"For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear" (2 Timothy 4:3)

Many Christian's falsely paint all Scripture with fallen angel theology...it's a grievous mistake. It reveals you didnt know and understand John 14:21 and certainly cannot discern 1 John 2:18...though your use of 2 Timothy 4:3 strangely enough should lead you to a truth. You need to take more care with your brush strokes.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Many Christian's falsely paint all Scripture with fallen angel theology...
You need to take more care with your brush strokes.

I've never heard of "fallen angel theology" so how could I paint it?
It sounds like a tangled furball of convoluted theological hogwash to me..:)

furball.jpg

I prefer the simple uncluttered approach to scripture just as Paul reminded people-
"I'm worried lest you be led astray from the simplicity of Christ" (2 Corinthians 11:3)

Reactions: Lambano

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've never heard of "fallen angel theology" so how could I paint it?
It sounds like a tangled furball of convoluted theological hogwash to me..:)

View attachment 25401

I prefer the simple uncluttered approach to scripture just as Paul reminded people-
"I'm worried lest you be led astray from the simplicity of Christ" (2 Corinthians 11:3)
You believe in an evil supernatural being who rules in some eternal place of torment?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See the problem many people have is gotta be with the word “sin”. Jesus/Yeshua (the very Word of God made flesh), was sinless. He never sinned once in his life.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You believe in an evil supernatural being who rules in some eternal place of torment?

"Satan" is simply the label given to the mass of unholy bad vibes that are sloshing around the planet causing earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanos and illness etc, churned out by millions of nonchristians.
Likewise "hell" is the label for 'Loserland' where all Jesus-rejecting nonchristians go when they die.
After all they won't be going to heaven because they don't believe in it, so there's nowhere else for them to go..:)

loser-lane.jpg