Was Judas Saved Or Not Saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't mean to make my question too controversial people I'm sorry. I just wanted a straight simple answer
No need to be sorry! Just stand with God. He has all of the answers anyone needs. We really don't always need as many answers as we think we do. More often I believe that we simply want answers.

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus, the Son of God, says that it would be better if he were not born (Matt. 26:24) I'm going to guess Judas was not saved.

Judas was a thief, too. (John 12:6)

Just a side note. Why does it matter if Judas was saved or not? The fact is, we know what is required of us as believers. Instead of us trying to determine if someone was saved or unsaved, lets examine our own fruit. Too many times I believe many hope Judas was saved because it helps the person to feel reassured in their sinful ways(....If Judas was saved, then I can be too while living in the lifestyle I'm in....)What we learn from Judas is worldly sorrow that leads to death, what we see in Peter in real repentance that produces fruit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and Enoch111

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why does it matter if Judas was saved or not?
Evidently there must have been a cult around Judas Iscariot, and perhaps it still exists: "The [Gnostic] Gospel of Judas consists of 16 chapters which document Jesus's teaching about spiritual matters and cosmology. According to the text, Judas is the only one of Jesus's disciples who accurately understands the words of his master."

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Does Jesus love Judas?
'Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot,
being of the number of the twelve.
And he went his way,
and communed with the chief priests and captains,
how he might betray Him unto them.'

(Luke 22:3)

And supper being ended, the devil having now
put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray Him;'

(John 13:2)

Hello @K9Buck,

Judas was one of those whose feet were washed by the Lord Jesus, after the Passover feast. I believe the Lord loved Him, and that he would have had great pity for him, for it says, 'He was troubled in Spirit'. He made it clear that He knew what was in Judas' heart, with the words, 'When Jesus had thus said, He was troubled in spirit, and testified, and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.' - ' ... He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, He gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.' (John 13:26-28)

'And after the sop Satan entered into him.
Then said Jesus unto him, "That thou doest, do quickly."

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't mean to make my question too controversial people I'm sorry. I just wanted a straight simple answer
Hello @Lavender Purple,

Your question is a valid one, and you have nothing to regret in presenting it to the forum. You are not responsible for the way members choose to address it, or how they behave towards one another.

Thank you.
With love in Christ Jesus
Chris

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Hello again, @Lavender Purple,

We are told that Judas, named by the Lord Jesus, 'The Son of Perdition', was 'lost'.

You ask if Judas was 'saved'? If he was he would never have been spoken of as being 'lost'.

* His person and his actions were made known through Old Testament prophecy, as we are told in Acts 1:16-20:-

'Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled,
.. which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas,
.... which was guide to them that took Jesus.
For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry.
.. Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity;
.... and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.
And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem;
.. insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama,
.... that is to say, "The field of blood".'
For it is written in the book of Psalms,
(Psalm 69:25)
"Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein:
and his bishoprick let another take."

Chris

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Hello yet again, @Lavender Purple,

The Lord Jesus speaks of His disciples as chosen by God and as having been given to Him. The gospel that our Lord preached was 'The Gospel of the Kingdom', and what the disciples looked for was the restoration of Israel: as we see from their question to Him immediately prior to His ascension into heaven (Acts 1:6), following approximately 40 days in which He had taught them 'the things pertaining to the kingdom of God.' (Acts 1:3)

Their hope and their calling therefore was very different to that of our own. So when we speak of them in terms of whether they were saved or not, it does not have the same meaning as it does in relation to ourselves. For we were saved by believing the Gospel of God concerning His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ: 'The gospel of the grace of God'; so our hope and expectation is quite different from that of the disciples. We were saved by grace through the faith of Christ Himself. The disciples had not heard this message, for it would be given through Paul: who was not converted himself until at least 10 years later.

Thank you
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So when we speak of them in terms of whether they were saved or not, it does not have the same meaning as it does in relation to ourselves.
What kind of a nonsensical response is this? Are you trying to promote two gospels and two ways of salvation.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What kind of a nonsensical response is this? Are you trying to promote two gospels and two ways of salvation.
Hello Enoch111,

With respect to you, there is no need for that accusation. You have the same Bible that I have. You have read it for yourself, and you must therefore know that the gospel of the Kingdom preached by our Lord, is not the same as the gospel of the grace of God preached by Paul. The Lord Jesus Christ spoke to the Lord sheep of the House of Israel during His earthly ministry: whereas Paul was the Apostle of the risen Christ to the Gentiles, and He preached a gospel given to Him by His ascended Lord Himself.

Both gospels were preached in God's time, to whom He purposed, and for His purpose. We should not have to argue this point, but rejoice together in it.

Chris

Reactions: marks

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TOTALLY FALSE. Where do people come up with such fantasies.

Hi Enoch,
I do believe many Christians are running on human emotions. Who does not want to see all saved? Especially our family and friends? As I see it, we have only until our last breath to repent...

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two different meanings of salvation. This has confused many over the years, I think!

He who endures to the end shall be saved is not about eternal life.

Much love!

Reactions: Helen

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hello again, @Lavender Purple,

We are told that Judas, named by the Lord Jesus, 'The Son of Perdition', was 'lost'.

You ask if Judas was 'saved'? If he was he would never have been spoken of as being 'lost'.

* His person and his actions were made known through Old Testament prophecy, as we are told in Acts 1:16-20:-

'Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled,
.. which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas,
.... which was guide to them that took Jesus.
For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry.
.. Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity;
.... and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.
And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem;
.. insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama,
.... that is to say, "The field of blood".'
For it is written in the book of Psalms,
(Psalm 69:25)
"Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein:
and his bishoprick let another take."

Chris
Purchased a field? He gave the silver back.