Was Judas Saved Or Not Saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
I see you avoided my question once again which speaks volumes as to the way you form your false doctrines regarding mary and this thread as well.
I don't see my comment here as doctrin, do you ?
If you share your testimony of your faith in communal prayer, do you considered as doctrin ?
Please recheck about Mary again.

Reactions: Giuliano

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
29 The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.
Isaiah 48:14-16
14. Assemble yourselves, all ye, and hear; who among them hath declared these things? He whom Jehovah loveth shall perform his pleasure on Babylon, and his arm [shall be on] the Chaldeans.
15. I, even I, have spoken; yea, I have called him; I have brought him, and he shall make his way prosperous.
16. Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; from the beginning I have not spoken in secret; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord Jehovah hath sent me, and his Spirit.

Mark 16:15-16
15. And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to the whole creation.
16. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that disbelieveth shall be condemned.

Matthew 28:19-20
19. Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit:
20. teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Since when the doctrin of truth from the bible told you to speak a lie ? Give me one verse in a bible.
What do you mean by accusing me a speaking a lie? Why don't you read the Bible before responding?

Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil? He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve. (John 6:70.71)

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
What do you mean by accusing me a speaking a lie? Why don't you read the Bible before responding?

Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil? He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve. (John 6:70.71)
So, you're the person without sins, is that correct ?
You're the scribes that hate to eat the words of the bible with the sinners, am I wrong ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Giuliano

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you are right the " son of perdition" would be considered the worst identity any human being could be identified as by Jesus. This is why Jesus said it would of been better for him to have never been born than to betray Him the way the wicked one judas did to Him.
Sounds pretty clear to me.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TOTALLY FALSE. Where do people come up with such fantasies.
All Israel will be saved. There is also this from Amos 9.

Amos 9:9 For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth.
10 All the sinners of my people shall die by the sword, which say, The evil shall not overtake nor prevent us.
11 In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is my understanding that God moves in "seasons."
Perhaps then there is a season for Judas and others of Israel to be sent into the valley of bones and a season when the LORD will raise them up again as Ezekiel described?

Romans 11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?

Reactions: amadeus

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not know what people mean when they talk about being washed in the blood.
The concept is wholly scriptural, here are some NT references for you. Jesus is the Lamb of God. He is a fulfillment of the passover lamb....

The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. (John 1:29)

Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: (1 Cor. 5:7)

Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. (Romans 5:9)

Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; (Hebrews 10:19-20)

Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied. (1 Peter 1:2)

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. (1 John 1:7)

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, (Rev. 1:5)

And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. (Rev. 7:14)

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. (Rev. 12:11)

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not know what people mean when they talk about being washed in the blood. I don't think you know.
1 John 1:7 (NKJV)
7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, you're the person without sins, is that correct ? You're the scribes that hate to eat the words of the bible with the sinners, am I wrong ?
Why do you continue with your blather? Your question was answered from Scripture, but looks like you have an axe to grind.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
imo it would depend upon ones def of "saved?" Which you guys mean "going up to heaven after he has literally died," right, even if that is not what "saved" actually means?
For communication's sake, perhaps... If when a person uses the word, "saved" and they are really concerned with God's reaction or the lack thereof, we have express ourselves also differently. What did Jesus mean here?

No salvation or no glory? Is there a difference?

"While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled." John 17:12

Did Jesus mean that Judas had no possibility of salvation [no glory?] because it was already written... that is, he, Judas was already written off by God? Or did it simply mean that God already knew what choice Judas would make?

There are places in the OT I believe where prophecies relate to that same Judas even the "son of perdition" in the above quotation. Here we see Peter quoting words from a Psalm of David:

"For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishopric let another take" Acts 1:20

And then a bit more from the cited psalm:

"Set thou a wicked man over him: and let Satan stand at his right hand.
When he shall be judged, let him be condemned: and let his prayer become sin.
Let his days be few; and let another take his office.
Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.
Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places.
Let the extortioner catch all that he hath; and let the strangers spoil his labour.
Let there be none to extend mercy unto him: neither let there be any to favour his fatherless children.
Let his posterity be cut off; and in the generation following let their name be blotted out.
Let the iniquity of his fathers be remembered with the LORD; and let not the sin of his mother be blotted out." Psalm 109:9-14

In my Bible a long time ago I wrote in a cross reference from those verses in Psalm 109 about Judas to the following verses and Ichabod...

When the evil sons of the very old High Priest of Israel were killed what did the words of Eli's daughter-in-law mean regarding her son and the grandson of the old Eli here?

"And the messenger answered and said, Israel is fled before the Philistines, and there hath been also a great slaughter among the people, and thy two sons also, Hophni and Phinehas, are dead, and the ark of God is taken.
And it came to pass, when he made mention of the ark of God, that he fell from off the seat backward by the side of the gate, and his neck brake, and he died: for he was an old man, and heavy. And he had judged Israel forty years.
And his daughter in law, Phinehas' wife, was with child, near to be delivered: and when she heard the tidings that the ark of God was taken, and that her father in law and her husband were dead, she bowed herself and travailed; for her pains came upon her.
And about the time of her death the women that stood by her said unto her, Fear not; for thou hast borne a son. But she answered not, neither did she regard it.
And she named the child Ichabod, saying, The glory is departed from Israel: because the ark of God was taken, and because of her father in law and her husband.
And she said, The glory is departed from Israel: for the ark of God is taken. I Sam 4:17-22

dwbkya 'Iy-kabowd (ee-kaw-bode'); Proper Name Masculine, Strong #: 350

Ichabod = "no glory"
  1. a son of Phinehas, so named because of the capture of the Ark by the Philistines
One man of God had already prophesied against Eli, the High Priest because he had failed to act against his two evil sons. The prophecy against Eli and family was reconfirmed by a very young Samuel. The glory departed from Eli's house as it departed from Israel as I guess it also was to depart from Judas. Jesus had called Judas personally to follow Him, but Judas followed his own head instead of following Jesus. Did the glory also depart from Judas?

Old Eli was the next to the last of the Judges over Israel, the last one being that same Samuel, who would anoint the first two kings of Israel to renew some of that departed glory... The greatest of Israel's kings was, perhaps, David, but he did not save them all. Then Jesus who called 12 men, but the son of perdition...?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Did Jesus mean that Judas had no possibility of salvation [no glory?] because it was already written... that is, he, Judas was already written off by God? Or did it simply mean that God already knew what choice Judas would make?
Why ask such a question when the answer is already in Scripture.

"none of them is lost" = all the other eleven are saved
"but [except] the Son of Perdition"
= Judas is damned

Let's keep it simple and stick to Scripture. This is not rocket science. From God's perspective, there are only two major groups -- the lost and the saved. There is nothing in between.

Reactions: mailmandan

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why ask such a question when the answer is already in Scripture.

"none of them is lost" = all the other eleven are saved
"but [except] the Son of Perdition"
= Judas is damned

Let's keep it simple and stick to Scripture. This is not rocket science. From God's perspective, there are only two major groups -- the lost and the saved. There is nothing in between.
But what about those God spits out of His mouth? Are they not in between?

"I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth." Rev 3:15-16