Was Paul Right About Women In Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the final analysis there are Christians on both sides of the belief about woman...
One side says woman shouldn't preach or teach...
The other says they can.
How this dilemma ends only God knows.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I didn't say anything about teaching, did I? I don't think I did. The issue here, in this thread, is whether women are allowed to speak.

But you raise an interesting point. This forum gives us the opportunity to practice our interpretation skills. I noticed, for instance, that you were critical of a couple of issues that I never raised. I never said that women were conflicted. I didn't say anything about teaching. Before being critical of the interpretation skills of others, perhaps you should hone your own skills? Maybe?

But if I may make an observation. I have been speaking on message boards for almost 20 years. In all that time, I have noticed a particular difference between female posters and male posters, with regard to boldness. I find female posters to be refreshingly humble in their opinions and delivery. Rather than saying, "this is how it is", they say things like "Isn't this how it is?" Male posters could learn a lot about the humble, non-pretentious presentation of truth.

Let's use this opportunity to practice our interpretive skills with each other, actually listening to each other and then, perhaps, we will get better at interpreting scripture since we use the same skills for both.

You said.....If women are not allowed to speak in church, why are they praying and prophesying? Obviously, they are praying and prophesying because they are allowed to speak in church. So yes, I agree. Such nonsense should be ignored.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In the final analysis there are Christians on both sides of the belief about woman...
One side says woman shouldn't preach or teach...
The other says they can.
How this dilemma ends only God knows.
There is no dilemma if you follow the teaching of scripture.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yep I think you have determined this is what it is about whether it is or not.
I agree to disagree with your interpretation.
God bless
Simple. All you have to do is show that it is about women in leadership. So far no one has.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no dilemma if you follow the teaching of scripture.
Which the same can be said for you.
The teaching of God's Word is a blessing for any and all who care to share it with others.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Which the same can be said for you.
The teaching of God's Word is a blessing for any and all who care to share it with others.
Of course, that is why I always follow the teaching of scripture which you would have noticed if you had taken a good look. And you second comment is so nebulous it is not relevent to the topic under discussion.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, that is why I always follow the teaching of scripture which you would have noticed if you had taken a good look. And you second comment is so nebulous it is not relevent to the topic under discussion.
Haven't seen too many of your posts containing scripture

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That those verses which you love to quote is about women in leadership. As I said, so far no one has.
You are very confused....what I quoted was about the Word of God having the power to minister....not who is speaking it. His Word stands on it's own power. When spoken, by whoever, it doesn't return void but accomplishes that which it was sent to do.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.
You are very confused....what I quoted was about the Word of God having the power to minister....not who is speaking it. His Word stands on it's own power. When spoken, by whoever, it doesn't return void but accomplishes that which it was sent to do.
More nebulous interpretation to justify what is not justifiable.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More nebulous interpretation to justify what is not justifiable.
Your trolling...and I just scrolled through a majority of your posts and so far haven't found one with a scripture in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.