Washington's New Priorities

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pastorlesofm

Community Guide
Jun 28, 2008
Central New York State
The usual tradition of honoring those who gave the altimate sacrifice at Arlington National Cemetary , for the first time in years will not be graced by the attendance of our Commander In Chief has decided a mini vacation in Chicago takes priority and honoring Beatle, Paul McArtney on June 2. Usually the President lays a wreath at the Tomb of The Unkown Soldier and a speech in the auditorium with all the pomp and colors honors. Sure raises questions I'm sure. Where is the mind of the Government?

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Either he doesn't want to get re-elected, or he knows something we don't that guarantees his re-election.

One would think, though, that a President who is still putting American troops in harm's way would have the self-respect to honor them.

If this is indeed true, I am willing to bet that someone will give him a dose of reality and he will end up laying a wreath at Arlington after all.

pastorlesofm

Community Guide
Jun 28, 2008
Central New York State
Either he doesn't want to get re-elected, or he knows something we don't that guarantees his re-election.

One would think, though, that a President who is still putting American troops in harm's way would have the self-respect to honor them.

If this is indeed true, I am willing to bet that someone will give him a dose of reality and he will end up laying a wreath at Arlington after all.

I agree and hope someone straightens out his priorities. Was broadcasted on Fox and Friends this morning 5/24/10

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Lack of Obamas' visit agenda leaves Chicagoans guessing
May 24, 2010 8:42 PM | 82 Comments | UPDATED STORY WASHINGTON -- The news that President Barack Obama and his family will return to [url="http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/neighborhoods.html?region=1435491"]Chicago[/url] for the Memorial Day weekend has triggered a guessing game.

Where will they dine? What will they do for fun? With the Sox on the road and the Blackhawks skating into the Stanley Cup finals, might the first family ditch its predictable pastimes -- basketball, golf and tennis -- and go to the United Center for hockey?

According to a White House official, the Obamas will arrive Thursday and stay until Monday, when Obama will participate in a Memorial Day ceremony at Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery in Elwood. The veterans' cemetery is about 50 miles south of [url="http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/neighborhoods.html?region=1435491"]Chicago[/url].

-- Looks like this is where he will be attending a Memorial Day ceremony.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Joh 8:15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.

Now I wonder who would continue to nit pick and find things wrong with someone..........Someone just waiting for you to do something that you don't agree with........ Ummmm. who could that be??? Help me out here.

While we think on that, is it not amazing how people can put their mouth on the ruler of the most powerful country in the World, and even think that they have a right to dictate to that leader where he spends his time, or what he chooses to do. I sure hope they don't treat their bosses at work like that.......

Oh, I found it.............. here it is. The accuser!!!!!

Rev 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Are we not all happy that Jesus is not like that?? I sure am.

Jesus Is Lord.

pastorlesofm

Community Guide
Jun 28, 2008
Central New York State
Joh 8:15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.

Now I wonder who would continue to nit pick and find things wrong with someone..........Someone just waiting for you to do something that you don't agree with........ Ummmm. who could that be??? Help me out here.

While we think on that, is it not amazing how people can put their mouth on the ruler of the most powerful country in the World, and even think that they have a right to dictate to that leader where he spends his time, or what he chooses to do. I sure hope they don't treat their bosses at work like that.......

Oh, I found it.............. here it is. The accuser!!!!!

Rev 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Are we not all happy that Jesus is not like that?? I sure am.

Jesus Is Lord.

Judging and stating a fact, asking questions these are all different from one another. This democracy is a government of the people,by the people and for the people. My understanding is from this that we the people are the rulers and the government works for the people. Must ask who is disrespecting whom? The employer is the people, the employee is those in office, this is how I read and understand the US Constitution. Mr. Obama and the current Democratic Manority would love for we the people to put our heads in the sand and just hope all comes out good for them. The Lord did not call us to be judges but He did tell us to be fruit inspectors. The truth has the right to be out there not hidden under the rug. I'm begining to think you will defend Obama no matter what he does, with all do respect. Your begining to sound like the lamestream media (my term for the mainstream media). I guess you have no use for the members of the Tea Party and Sarah Palum who is a good Christian who believes in speaking out and revealing the truth along with Glen Beck, Bill O'Riley, J. Hanity. Thank God they have the will to go against the grain, report the truth with the Government we hired. Love you my brother in Jesus Name.

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
Judging and stating a fact, asking questions these are all different from one another. This democracy is a government of the people,by the people and for the people. My understanding is from this that we the people are the rulers and the government works for the people. Must ask who is disrespecting whom? The employer is the people, the employee is those in office, this is how I read and understand the US Constitution. Mr. Obama and the current Democratic Manority would love for we the people to put our heads in the sand and just hope all comes out good for them. The Lord did not call us to be judges but He did tell us to be fruit inspectors. The truth has the right to be out there not hidden under the rug. I'm begining to think you will defend Obama no matter what he does, with all do respect. Your begining to sound like the lamestream media (my term for the mainstream media). I guess you have no use for the members of the Tea Party and Sarah Palum who is a good Christian who believes in speaking out and revealing the truth along with Glen Beck, Bill O'Riley, J. Hanity. Thank God they have the will to go against the grain, report the truth with the Government we hired. Love you my brother in Jesus Name.

I agree 100%! We are not judging where he will spend eternity; we are judging his priorities as Commander and Chief!

http://abcnews.go.com/International/Afghanistan/battle-kandahar-heart-taliban-country/story?id=10729732
Over the next few months the U.S. presence in Kandahar will crescendo into Operation Hamkari Baraye Kandahar -- "Cooperation for Kandahar" -- an attempt to protect residents from insurgents and provide them with a functioning government. It will feature tens of thousands of American troops and hundreds of civilians, the single largest operation since the war began.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
JerryJohnson. You have some very good points.......................To turn a blind eye and say all is well, could get us in trouble.

I could not with a clear conscience support everything Obama is doing. IN fact, I cringed when he got into office. I have no idea how his new health care is going to be paid for, I don't think anyone else knows.

I do see some good things he is doing, and It could be I have issues with trying to find every little thing that does not meet our approval. If post were mixed with what Good are president has done, like going after the crooks in Wallstreet, then I would feel that everything is not a witch hunt. His administration is also going to appeal the federal ruling on prayer day, and I seem to be the only one that notices that.

Thank you for giving more perspective on this.

Jesus Is Lord.

pastorlesofm

Community Guide
Jun 28, 2008
Central New York State

I agree 100%! We are not judging where he will spend eternity; we are judging his priorities as Commander and Chief!

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=10729732
Over the next few months the U.S. presence in Kandahar will crescendo into Operation Hamkari Baraye Kandahar -- "Cooperation for Kandahar" -- an attempt to protect residents from insurgents and provide them with a functioning government. It will feature tens of thousands of American troops and hundreds of civilians, the single largest operation since the war began.

Thank you Jerry for pointing out the difference. When obvious neglect of duty is so blatant, one must ask would this be tolorated in a private business, I think not. This Government seems to forget who works for who.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
"Now I wonder who would continue to nit pick and find things wrong with someone..........Someone just waiting for you to do something that you don't agree with........ Ummmm. who could that be??? Help me out here." - Brother Mike

-- Well I do agree that you need help in this situation.

I did not vote for Obama but when he became President I mentioned that we should give him a chance and that he may surprise us and end up being one of our very best Presidents.

Sadly, he has been just the opposite. It is not a matter of piling on. It is a matter of pointing out a track record that speaks poorly for him and America's future.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Faith never gives up, Faith always continues to hope the best, believe the best. Faith is never moved by what it see's in the Natural. NEVER.............

Jesus Is Lord.

pastorlesofm

Community Guide
Jun 28, 2008
Central New York State
Faith never gives up, Faith always continues to hope the best, believe the best. Faith is never moved by what it see's in the Natural. NEVER.............

Jesus Is Lord.

If one sees a police officer taking a bribe from a speeder, a christian who is the only witness should say nothing to anyone, just go home and pray. After all the policeman is authority over us, right? If we report it to the proper supervisors we will be judging the policeman. A christian should not want that policeman judged even though we are the only witness to the policeman's actions. Just pray by faith that God would change the policeman's heart. No accountability should be desired of a Christian Citizen. Just believe by faith it will work it's self out.hmmmmmmmm. Brother Mike, I wouldn't think God would just want us to go home pray for that policeman, and have faith that the Lord will work it out, even though I know the Lord will. There seems to be a lack of responsibility here as a Christian Citizen. This sure makes it easy for dishonest policemen and others in authority. Satan would love nothing better than Christians with their heads in the sand. How many times have I heard and seen police looking for witnesses to a crime in New York City and no one seen anything. The Christian Witnesses just went home and prayed that the police would just do the right thing by faith, even though the witnesses did see what happened and by whom. I guess that is what we are to do, right?

pastorlesofm

Community Guide
Jun 28, 2008
Central New York State
"Now I wonder who would continue to nit pick and find things wrong with someone..........Someone just waiting for you to do something that you don't agree with........ Ummmm. who could that be??? Help me out here." - Brother Mike

-- Well I do agree that you need help in this situation.

I did not vote for Obama but when he became President I mentioned that we should give him a chance and that he may surprise us and end up being one of our very best Presidents.

Sadly, he has been just the opposite. It is not a matter of piling on. It is a matter of pointing out a track record that speaks poorly for him and America's future.

I agree, the actions of this White House and Congress have many Americans concerned about the direction this Nation is being lead. The Free enterprise system that our Nation has thrived on is all but dead, replaced with big, big, and bigger government. Our Founding Fathers I dare say are turning over in their graves as well as those who gave their lives in the wars to defend the freedoms we enjoy. I said during 2008 that this Nation will be as we've never known it to be. Sadly that is just what is happening. This Nation needs intercessors praying as never before, to bring us back to the America we love.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Brother Mike, I wouldn't think God would just want us to go home pray for that policeman, and have faith that the Lord will work it out, even though I know the Lord will.

You Might want to re-word this one Pastor Les...............

Nobody said anything about Allowing Evil.............. What your talking about is against the Law.

Same with a Crime. It is against the Law, and should be reported. I know, I lived in the Hood, and when something went down, they came and talked to the only cracker on the block. that was me!!!! We had three murders on my street alone in one year, and don't think that if I knew something I did not help Law enforcement.

This thread for example is not Obama doing something against the Law. What do we report? Who do we report to? If Obama wants to skip going to a tomb, then who cares. My prayer for him is that when critical things take place, He makes the choices that are in the Will of God. I don't care what traditions he follows or does not follow. I want him to direct this country in God's will.

Now, being close to the end times as many around here keep shouting about, and if that is the case. Then some things the President might do, may not look at that great to us. It may be in the plan though. certain things must happen, before we wrap this whole thing up.

Obama should never be allowed to get away with breaking the Law though. If I had any authority to prosecute him for breaking the Law, I would do so.

Now back to your police example and Satan having the time of his life because Christians hide and just pray..............

If they broke the law, that is one thing, go get em.

Now we know who really is behind corruption and bad police Work. Satan and his cohorts.............. If Satan is bound, and we do not fight against flesh and blood, then Problem solved. You assume Pastor Les that all praying Christians know anything about the anointing and authority of the believer................ not even close. You stop Satan, you stop the source of the problem.

Prison: 1999............

We had a large prayer group that gathered everyday for prayer in the TV room. The only room we had to do so. About 20 of us would hold hands in a large circle and just pray. Sometimes in tongues (Depending on who's turn and their denomination)
Well, the Muslims did not much care for this. I guess this was going on in other wings, and the Muslims petitioned the Warden saying that it was disruptive to all the other inmates, and that by allowing us to pray, the Prison was endorsing one belief over another. Muslims sit on a rug by themselves and pray. We gather, hold hands and pray.

So, a ruling came down that we could no longer pray together..................The Warden did not much believe in God anyway and knew that Muslims do get violent if they don't get their way, so he stopped the prayer circles going on in the prison. We had to pray separated.

Obey the new law and stay out of segregation, or pray anyway. Because the Lord had put me in Charge after our leader of the wing left for home. I told everyone that we are just going to bind the devil, and that this thing will change soon enough.

So, we all agreed that this would change. In a couple weeks we got a new main guard over our wing. He was in charge of the other guards that were also in the control booth for our wing. He walked in and asked for all the Christians. We gathered around him. He said that he was a Christian, and spoke in tongues and that if we wanted to pray, he had no problems with it. He said he would deal with any Muslims that gave us any trouble. (None ever really did much.)

So, though we may not be able to change the World. God will do as he said. We pray, and WE will lead a quit and peaceable life in all honesty. Satan is not that big.

Jesus Is Lord.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The usual tradition of honoring those who gave the altimate sacrifice at Arlington National Cemetary , for the first time in years will not be graced by the attendance of our Commander In Chief has decided a mini vacation in Chicago takes priority and honoring Beatle, Paul McArtney on June 2. Usually the President lays a wreath at the Tomb of The Unkown Soldier and a speech in the auditorium with all the pomp and colors honors. Sure raises questions I'm sure. Where is the mind of the Government?

Haven't you heard? The government lost its mind years ago.

6stringedsignseeker

Mar 10, 2010
Fort Worth, Texas
Our president is called "The Commander In Chief" that means he is the chief commander of our military. As someone who is commanding our military, and making decisions that puts our military in harms way it is VERY disrespectful of him to break tradition like this and not lay a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. You can be sure that those in the military will view it as a disrespect and I'm willing to bet Obama KNOWS it's a disrespect. But this is King Obama we're talking about and Obama's going to do what Obama wants to do regardless of what the military or the rest of the nation thinks about it.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Good point 6string.....................

Still, It is very hard to defend Obama............ he does have some good things going on though. I have to keep trying............

Pray for Him, believe the best for him. If God treated us for what he saw. We be in a heap of trouble.

Jesus Is Lord.

6stringedsignseeker

Mar 10, 2010
Fort Worth, Texas
Good point 6string.....................

Still, It is very hard to defend Obama............ he does have some good things going on though. I have to keep trying............

Pray for Him, believe the best for him. If God treated us for what he saw. We be in a heap of trouble.

Jesus Is Lord.
...it's even harder to want to pray for him. But you're definitely right about that. Regardless of how we feel about his politics and his... well his arrogant "I'm going to do things my way regardless of what the people want" attitude we should pray that the Holy Spirit will open his heart and that he'll see his errors and make good on them someday. We should pray for our enemies just as strongly as we pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ. Sometimes we need to be reminded of that... especially me. That being said, I'll be sure to add him into my prayers tonight. Thanks for that reminder Brother Mike. 

pastorlesofm

Community Guide
Jun 28, 2008
Central New York State
Perhaps you might find the following information useful?

Presidents & Memorial Day

As well:

Obama at Arlington

President 's visit to Chicago is a convience trip, the Presidents in your link, most had not so much convience in mind but duty in many instances. I noticed they were all Republicans, interesting. Convience can at times take priorities when it comes to vacation, as long as "Don't ask Don't Tell" is passed in Congress before the DOD releases it's report. Ever hear the phraise "We always find the time to do what we really want to do".