We are judged by works, not by faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
1 John 1:6 - If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. *Walking in darkness is descriptive of children of the devil. *Walking in the light is descriptive of children of God. *Only those who are saved/believers are in the light.

Acts 26:18 - to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.

2 Corinthians 6:14 - Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?

Ephesians 5:8 - for you were formerly darkness, but now you are Light in the Lord; walk as children of Light. Children of the devil walk in darkness, not in the light. Children of God walk in the light, not in darkness. IF confirms these positions in verses 6 and 7. It's one or the other.

In 1 John 2:9, we read - He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now. In verse 11 - But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

*Compare with 1 John 3:10 - In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, (compare with 1 John 1:6 - does not practice the truth) nor is he who does not love his brother. *Notice that walks in darkness, hates his brother is connected with children of the devil.
Thank you. These are good verses proving only those walking in the light are fellowshipping with Jesus in the light.

That's why those persisting in sinning don't come to the light.

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

Unless we are ready to have all our heart and life judged righteously by God, then we never come to the Light of Christ. That is why some Christians also make for themselves other doctrines about how their sinful deeds are not judged like that of others.

Basically, the gospel of saving faith without works, is the self-exemption gospel from the judgement and condemnation of God for sinful works.

It's a self-saving faith of our own, that believes we are exempted, and so we must be exempted, because we 'really' believe it. And nothing the Bible says can dissuade us from our own self-exemption by our own faith alone.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Ghada,

Those in Christ, and serve him as their king and lord, by the spirit of Christ with-in.

Most certainly will sin less. But not be sinless. (changed life through picking up cross, dying with Christ, burial with Christ , and resurrection with or in Christ).

He is the one whom makes us right with God and have peace with him.

Amen, friend.
No amen here friend. I already know you preach the unclean conversion of progressive Christian religion.

And I'm sure you're quite happy with it, and everytime to teach it, you convince yourself more of it. And it is also a benefit to me personally, because when I compare your conversion with that of Jesus Christ in the Bible, I become ever more convinced of the pure conversion of Jesus Christ.

P.s. not all believing in your gospel agree that such believers will 'certainly sin less'. Some say it doesn't matter at all. Some even say all the world will be saved in the end. So sinning more or less has nothing to do with God, since the judgement of God by our works is disannulled by their unclean doctrine and seared conscience.

The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, that there is no fear of God before his eyes.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just saying someone doesn't understand us, without showing how, is the same as saying someone doesn't understand the Bible without showing how. Which is fine by me, because I do understand you perfectly in comparison to the Bible, and I don't need your agreement. That's because I'm not here to try and change anyone's mind nor their teaching. I only seek to defend the Bible gospel of Jesus Christ.

And, at least in your case, it's obvious the more I show the difference between the Bible and your gospel, the more you don't want to understand your own gospel and try to disavow what you are really preaching.

That's usually the case when our preaching is stripped of all the flowery caring words, and left to be seen as it really is in comparison to the words of Jesus and His apostles.
Your self righteous gospel is just that.

The mere fact you do not want to go and see how you misrepresented the person speaks volumes

Reactions: Ritajanice

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No amen here friend. I already know you preach the unclean conversion of progressive Christian religion.

And I'm sure you're quite happy with it, and everytime to teach it, you convince yourself more of it. And it is also a benefit to me personally, because when I compare your conversion with that of Jesus Christ in the Bible, I become ever more convinced of the pure conversion of Jesus Christ.

P.s. not all believing in your gospel agree that such believers will 'certainly sin less'. Some say it doesn't matter at all. Some even say all the world will be saved in the end. So sinning more or less has nothing to do with God, since the judgement of God by our works is disannulled by their unclean doctrine and seared conscience.

The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, that there is no fear of God before his eyes.

@Ghada,

Hey you may believe how you will, the message was one of encouragement.

All the best to you though, in love, and in Christ Yeshua the Messiah, may the God of all comfort be with you,

Matthew

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
The gospel flips judgment on its head.
I see your point, but the Bible puts it as fulfilling all judgement by fulfilling all righteousness. Jesus keeping all the law makes it possible for God to forgive our past, if He sees Christ in us.

Yes, we are judged by our deeds, but the salient question is, on what basis are we forgiven?

Exactly. The only work that Jesus does for us, that we cannot do for ourselves, is to forgive and cleanse us of all our past life, so that now at once we are as newborn babes with all things in heart and life being pure and of God.
Paul associated deeds with motive here.

Totally agree. The works the Bible condemned as unjust and unrighteous with God, are sinful works of the flesh, works of the law without a pure heart, and works for seek honor from men and not from God.

The Christian teaching that James 2 is all about seeking honor from men by works, but not from God, is in exact opposition to Jesus condemning such works for praise of men, but not God.

How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

The honor that only comes from God can only come by our works through Jesus Christ. It's the justification of our works by a pure heart of faith in Jesus.

We are to seek that honor from God by our works, not by only seeking to believe.. There is no seeking God and His honor and justification by faith alone. Seeking to believe there is one God isn't even as much faith as the devils have.

And we know that the judgment of God rightly falls upon those who practice such things.
This is the simple impartial truth of the Bible. That all men are equally judged the same by works. That God is not a respecter of persons, when it comes to judging men that do the same things.

When Gal 5 says all men that are doing such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God, that applies impartially and equally to all men. It says nothing about making difference between faiths while doing such things.

One of the most glaring things I see in Christians teaching other things than the Bible, is they really don't take God at His word, and try to make His words mean something different than what any man would mean. All men means all men in the Bible, whether believer or not.

The preaching of faith without works is a misnomer. James 2 is not speaking of no works at all, but only of lacking good works. The gospel of being saved by faith alone is without good works. It is not without sinful works of the flesh. It's the gospel of being justified by faith alone with continued unrighteous works of the flesh.

Spotting the sinners is easy. Anyone can spot a sinner a mile away. Greed, envy, murder, strife, and things such as these are easy for us to identify.
True, which is why the sinful ones want to do away with the law and points of law of Christ, that are written to us in Gal 5 and James 2.

Works of love are also easy to spot. We know when someone has been kind, generous, and patient with us.
True also. Good deeds are good in themselves.

But the motive is very hard to spot. We don't know why someone is kind or generous. We can't read each other's hearts.
And here is the crux of all matters in the gospel of Jesus Christ, who calls such workings of the spirit and heart within, the first works of faith.

God does not look past sinful works in order to try and find a good heart. As David says, sinfulness proceeds from the sinful. He looks beyond the appearance of good works, to see the heart within, whether those works are from a pure spirit or filthy one.

Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

That is why we are commanded to be cleaning both within the platter and outwardly. (Matthew 23)(2 Cor 7:1)
to those who by perseverance in doing good seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life;
Having the proper motive is essential. Doing good isn't enough, proper inwardness and motive are essential. God is going to grant eternal life who are doing good while seeking glory, honor, and immortality.
Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

Jesus comes to cleanse us within first, that we may also be clean outwardly by His law. He that kept His law perfectly does not come to destroy it, nor to justify men that transgress it.

He came in the flesh to fulfill the righteousness of the law, and comes that we may do the same, and walk as He walked. He does not come to do away with the law, so that men no longer need to the law of God and be judged by works as being righteous as He is.

Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous

Some people "do good" for other reasons, which are selfish in nature. God is not rewarding the double-minded man or woman. He will reward the pure in heart.
But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments, And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues, And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.

Only those works we do by the purity of Jesus' faith are counted as being righteous and judged as pleasing to God.

Thanks for teaching the Bible. It's always refreshing and good exhortation when taught well.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
With the God of the Bible, that is every man without respect of persons.

For salvation, all who come to Him are accepted. How is that respect of persons?
You had posted this
"The chastisement of God upon the world for sinning, is death and separation from God, beginning with Adam and continuing with all men that are sinning. (Gen 2) (Ezek 18:4)(Rom 5:12, 6:23)"

I pointed out how the wrath of God rests on those without Jesus, not us.

John 3:36
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

How is it any answer to talk about how God is not a respecter of persons, as if He makes no difference between the wicked and His children??

Your respect of persons hypocritical judgment is not the judgement of the Bible.
There you go again. Strawman and dishonest and made up accusation that has no connection to the verses discussed.

We can tell ourselves we're not judged for our works, but other are, but all such self-deception ends in the grave. And making up doctrine to convince ourselves only helps to sear our consciences of our judgment to come.
No one said that, once again. It was pointed out many times here that Jesus will sit in a judgment of believers and gives out crowns and rewards based on works we did. The saved are rewarded according to works, some will have greater rewards than others. You seem to attempt to cast most believers into hell because you imagine that their works somehow don't compare to what you imagine yours were. That renders the cross of Christ to no effect and displays a lack of knowing the heart of God.
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

Filthy living garbage eaters are not of the world?
? Now who are you talking about?? The verse you cited speaks of masses of people forsaking the faith in the end and embracing evil. That is what we see every day. Just read any news from Canada, for example. That does not mean that the sincere believers in Canada (or elsewhere) are 'garbage eaters'! One minute you try to cast most saved believers into hellfire, and the next you are calling the vile names.
The world is worse than I thought, if filthy rags are too good for them.

So, just tasting of sin is not so bad. How does one only taste of sin? Fornicate without climaxing? I've heard some Christians trying to say they are not really fornicating, if they don't finish.
I think the context of the verse about some people tasting of what being a believer is all about, and feasting with us, and hearing some things about heaven etc and deciding to go back and reject it all rather than really come to Jesus in their heart and be saved.
You seem to be completely contorting things to try and make it sound like those rejecting Jesus are some sort of weird fornicators without even the sense to do it right. Is that your idea of scripture expounding? Expounding, for your information, does not mean an ugly dumping and out of context use of the bible and insulting and damning believers.

And so living on filthy rags and dumpster diving for garbage is just a taste with your Christianity? What are the real wet ones like?
We see what comes out of your mouth.

It's not surprising to find someone teaching salvation without repentance, does not know the verses of the Bible commanding us to repent.

People who sincerely come to Jesus have repented. We go by His standards, thank you very much.

This is a confirmation that the imperperfect conversion of faith alone without works, rejects Jesus' perfect conversion of newborn babes, where all things are now of God.

It also mocks being made all new and clean in Christ Jesus.

How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
Not even close. Mockers in the end mock the bible and God and His people etc. They are not His people who have been saved. In other words most of the world will show their true colors more and more and make their decisions clearly whose side they are on. The harvest in other words is ripe! The good wheat is clear, and the weeds and tares are grown and easy to see. You trying to apply that to believers who love God and trust His salvation and hope in Him shows a stark lack of comprehension of the verses you cite.

In the Bible, there is no such thing as just 'tasting' of ungodly lust.

What weird tangent are you off on now? Who is tasting lust exactly?

A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter? Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.
One reason we should watch our words as Jesus said. It seems you are somehow trying to suggest these verses insult the saved?

You mean little filthy rags? Is that the tasting of corruption you're talking about, that is not the really wet stuff?

Filthy rags righteousness is in the right place in your church? Are you really a normal member of your church?
Not sure who is supposed to be doing something with 'the wet stuff' and corrupt?

The church and body of Christ is not a cart.
That means what? If we go to your church and accept that the saved are not really saved at all and that you are sinless and pure, then we are not making it a cart? Do be clear.

In the Bible, members of Jesus' body are His brethren holding to the Head and walking hand and hand with Jesus.
Great. So, the saved, then.

Those dragging along after and not walking with the Lord, are left behind.
After what? Your sinless church?

And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.
The nation turned away. That does not mean sincere believers in that nation did. He never forsook any of them! Not ever.

True. All the filthy rags righteousness you claim in your Christian life,
Say what!? Post the quote where I said that!? Wow. Thanks for showing where you are at here. Making stuff up whole of cloth and falsely accusing people. Weird.

are of no profit for salvation and justification of Jesus Christ.
So the pretend rags you made up in your imagination and claim I said are 'no profit for salvation' Cute.

In the Bible, the pure charity of God does not include sinful works of the flesh.
Posters here said it did??

The only Christians doing the charity of God, are those adding virtue and godliness to their faith in Jesus, so that we never fall back into doing unrighteousness with the world. (2 Peter 1)
2 Peter 1:4
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
The saved escape the corruption in the world.

That includes not even tasting of it now and then for good old times sake.
Tasting of what? If we escaped the corruption how is it we are on a taste corruption tour exactly?

In the gospel you preach, tasting with occasional full dives are an ongoing normal thing.
More outright falsehoods. You claim that I preached diving and eating evil. Yech. Being saved is tasting Jesus! Diving into Heaven!

You're kidding right? You haven't even read enough Bible to know that only them doing the will of the Father are the mother, sister, and brother of Jesus Christ?
His will is believing of Him God sent. That makes some in a family believers and family of God! So who is my brother and mother and sister? The saved. Those that did what He asked. It does not mean that only the little sister that gave her doll to the neigbor and had her room extra clean was family!
Most Christians that preach another gospel of their own, at least know enough of the Bible to twist it when necessary. You don't even know enough to even be aware of the first principles of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
You talk of other gospels than your own a lot. Ever consider the problem could be on your end?

Nonetheless, I simply show the difference between other Christian gospels and that of Jesus Christ in the Bible. I don't guess that requires others knowing the Bible basics.
So tell us that difference in 'gospels'?

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
@Ghada,

What makes you think that?

Hey you can become completely perfect like Jesus with the Spirit of Christ doing it all, then hands off to you.

I just ain't reach that yet.

That is evident. By your own witness and gospel, that teaches it's impossible to be just like Jesus at any time on earth, nor to walk as He walked. That includes at the time of your imperfect conversion into Christian religion. Like the children of Israel in the wilderness, they did not enter in due to unbelief and continued sinning against God. It's because of the unbelief of the heart, that God can't make someone newborn of the Father with all things now being pure and blameless and of God.

By their own doctrine of unbelief, some Christians can never have a perfect heart toward God and living blamelessly spiritually and with the body. That's why they also don't believe the verses of the Bible stating we can be just like and Jesus, commanding us to walk like Him, and showing us how by His faith, Spirit, and power of His divine nature to do so.

If we don't have a perfect heart towards God in this life, then neither will we in the next. It's our body that is resurrected from the dead, not our heart. Some Christians teach waiting on the grave, in order for God to give them a new and perfect heart towards Him. They declare it impossible to walk as He walked with a pure heart, until after the grave.
If Paul can claim that by his sinful nature he is a slave to sin, so it is for me too.
And so, this proves why some Christians teach an unrighteous gospel for that of the Bible, so that they can justify their unrighteous living. They first claim that Paul refers to himself as a lifelong double minded sinner, so that they too get to be like 'him'. So, do we justify ourselves by what others are doing, or what we are claiming they do? Or are we justified by following the example of Jesus?

The imperfect Christian gospel also claims Paul was saying he was the chiefest of sinners while saved in 1 Titus 1. And so some Christians justify themselves as being just as filthy too, just like the one they call Paul. And yet it is Paul who says he was one of the chiefest of apostles. Was it because he was such a God-awful and wretched double minded Christian sinner?

There is no mention of any 'nature' in Romans 7. There is no such thing as a sin nature in the Bible, but there is only the corrupt natural man made sinful by sinning. The doctrine of man now being made and born with a sin nature is a rejection of the Bible declaring that Christ is the Maker and makes all things. It also teaches against Christ lightening every man coming into the world. They say instead that every man is now made sinful and comes into the world by darkness.

Paul was speaking of his own time and trouble of being double hearted in the faith. I( suppose other than Jesus Himself, every believer in God has experienced that kind of wretched double mindedness. However, Paul in Romans 7 does not remain that way but desires to be delivered from such wretchedness. He concludes that he and any double hearted Christian can be delivered from that state of death by Christ Jesus. That's when we can repent of being double hearted and move on to single heartedness commanded by Jesus, so that our whole life is full of light in His fellowship, and we are now walking after the Spirit, and not walking after the flesh anymore.

In the perfect gospel and conversion of Jesus Christ, Paul exhorts to move on to the perfection of a perfect and single heart toward God, and cease the double mindedness of returning to dead works over and over again. The imperfect gospel says that is not possible, but instead preaches double minded sinful living by grace without the righteous judgment and condemnation of God.

The unclean Christian gospel of periodic wilfully sinning unto death, doesn'[t want to move on to such perfect heartedness toward God. That's why they teach Romans 7 wretched doublemnindendss for life, but still claiming the no condemnation of Romans 8 while still walking after the flesh.

The endurance of the saints to overcome temptation spoken of by Jesus and the apostles in the Bible, is not the wretchedness of doubleminded Christian living in Romans 7.

Only those Christian of Romans 8, that walk in the light of Christ and not in darkness, will be judged worthy of the reward to walk with Jesus forever by resurrection unto life.

He also wrote to the Galatians who were going back to the law, what the spirit causes compared to the nature of the flesh.
Once again, there is no mention of any 'nature' in Galatians, other than the natural Jews and the gods that are not God by nature.

There is no such thing as a flesh nature in the Bible, except that of being mortal as the grass and flowers of the field.

Returning to works of the law without the faith of Jesus, is compared to sinning with the flesh in unrighteous works.

The doctrine of being born children of the devil by nature of the flesh, accompanies the impure gospel of being bound by our flesh to continue sinning with the devil unto the end. It's the base doctrine for being double hearted with God for life.

And like I said if you can become all perfect in the Spirit of Christ -
It's called having a perfect and single heart towards God. It's what all newborn babes in Christ are given freely, if we repent of all sinning and believe in Him unto righteousness.

Not having a perfect heart toward God is why people sin for the devil against Him, beginning with Adam. That includes double hearted Christians, who like any man can be made perfectly new with all things now being of God. Unless the double hearted refuse to be delivered from it by teaching it as normal Christian living for life.

In the end, Christians that don't believe from the heart unto doing the righteousness of God and walking as Jesus walked, is because they do not want to. They can't even blame it on hearing the gospel of continued sinning, because not all Christians end up doing it.

> in perfecting your flesh and holding back - all praise be to Yahava, and Yeshua.
True. Any man believing from the heart in all the words of the Bible to do God's righteousness, can do so blessed of Him at all times.

I've shown you how by the Spirit we can do so, beginning in our own heart and mind, and you applauded it, but apparently you do not believe it enough to practise it and see for yourself. It's always a matter of want to and desire from the heart.

Love to you,
Matthew
Love you too. Just not your doctrine, but that's entirely up to you. I never try to change anyone's mind nor life, but only defend the gospel of the Bible from other kinds of gospel teaching.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Our salvation and justification by Jesus Christ is works-based, because our judgment of God is works based.

That is why our works in the end must be of God, and not of the devil.

We're not saved and justified by our past works without Christ, but based upon our present works in Christ.

It is these pure good works that must be done unto the end, that our works may be judged by God as being righteous and holy and good as that of His own Son.

How can we claim to be sons of God, without living like His Son? How can we claim to be brethren of Jesus in the family of God, while living like the children of the devil and His enemies?

As Paul says so many times when confronted with such contradictions, God forbid!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:) You know a good bit, and that is great. Carry on brother @Ghada, all the best, in Christ.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our salvation and justification by Jesus Christ is works-based, because our judgment of God is works based.

So our salvation is based on how we judge God? And we judge God on how many works he does and what type?

So for this reason. God judged us on our works?

God said our works are as bloody rags.. there are non righteous no not one

the penalty of sin is death. Not doing good. Not doing works of the church, Not being baptized or tithing. It is death.

the only thing that can redeem us from our sin debt is blood. the cross.

Anything other than the cross is a false gospel. it is trusting in self. not in God.

Reactions: mailmandan

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can do no works without Jesus.

John 15:5 - “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anything other than the cross is a false gospel. it is trusting in self. not in God.
1 Corinthians 1:18 - For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 1:18 - For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
The cross is foolish to the religious. because the flesh can't comprehend that God paid it all.. it rejects that silly notion.. It must work to save itself..

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The cross is foolish to the religious. because the flesh can't comprehend that God paid it all.. it rejects that silly notion.. It must work to save itself..
That salvation is by grace through faith and is not by works (Ephesians 2:8,9) is not hard to understand. It's just hard for works-salvationists to ACCEPT. It's a shame that human pride will not allow works-salvationists to trust in Jesus Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of their salvation. Their hands are full of their works, and they will not let go in order to receive Christ through faith.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see your point, but the Bible puts it as fulfilling all judgement by fulfilling all righteousness. Jesus keeping all the law makes it possible for God to forgive our past, if He sees Christ in us.

Exactly. The only work that Jesus does for us, that we cannot do for ourselves, is to forgive and cleanse us of all our past life, so that now at once we are as newborn babes with all things in heart and life being pure and of God.

Totally agree. The works the Bible condemned as unjust and unrighteous with God, are sinful works of the flesh, works of the law without a pure heart, and works for seek honor from men and not from God.

The Christian teaching that James 2 is all about seeking honor from men by works, but not from God, is in exact opposition to Jesus condemning such works for praise of men, but not God.

How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

The honor that only comes from God can only come by our works through Jesus Christ. It's the justification of our works by a pure heart of faith in Jesus.

We are to seek that honor from God by our works, not by only seeking to believe.. There is no seeking God and His honor and justification by faith alone. Seeking to believe there is one God isn't even as much faith as the devils have.

This is the simple impartial truth of the Bible. That all men are equally judged the same by works. That God is not a respecter of persons, when it comes to judging men that do the same things.

When Gal 5 says all men that are doing such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God, that applies impartially and equally to all men. It says nothing about making difference between faiths while doing such things.

One of the most glaring things I see in Christians teaching other things than the Bible, is they really don't take God at His word, and try to make His words mean something different than what any man would mean. All men means all men in the Bible, whether believer or not.

The preaching of faith without works is a misnomer. James 2 is not speaking of no works at all, but only of lacking good works. The gospel of being saved by faith alone is without good works. It is not without sinful works of the flesh. It's the gospel of being justified by faith alone with continued unrighteous works of the flesh.

True, which is why the sinful ones want to do away with the law and points of law of Christ, that are written to us in Gal 5 and James 2.

True also. Good deeds are good in themselves.

And here is the crux of all matters in the gospel of Jesus Christ, who calls such workings of the spirit and heart within, the first works of faith.

God does not look past sinful works in order to try and find a good heart. As David says, sinfulness proceeds from the sinful. He looks beyond the appearance of good works, to see the heart within, whether those works are from a pure spirit or filthy one.

Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

That is why we are commanded to be cleaning both within the platter and outwardly. (Matthew 23)(2 Cor 7:1)

Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

Jesus comes to cleanse us within first, that we may also be clean outwardly by His law. He that kept His law perfectly does not come to destroy it, nor to justify men that transgress it.

He came in the flesh to fulfill the righteousness of the law, and comes that we may do the same, and walk as He walked. He does not come to do away with the law, so that men no longer need to the law of God and be judged by works as being righteous as He is.

Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous

But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments, And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues, And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.

Only those works we do by the purity of Jesus' faith are counted as being righteous and judged as pleasing to God.

Thanks for teaching the Bible. It's always refreshing and good exhortation when taught well.
Bear in mind, however, that the Bible makes a distinction

We're not saved and justified by our past works without Christ, but based upon our present works in Christ.

It is these pure good works that must be done unto the end, that our works may be judged by God as being righteous and holy and good as that of His own Son.

How can we claim to be sons of God, without living like His Son? How can we claim to be brethren of Jesus in the family of God, while living like the children of the devil and His enemies?

As Paul says so many times when confronted with such contradictions, God forbid!
Can you list a few examples of "works" as you understand them? What are we talking about here?

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
No you are being a liar! I never said that. I know God will judge my works, but not for salvation, but for rewards as God's Word says.
I am speaking of God's judgment in the Bible of all our works without respect of persons. I am not referring to your judgement of your own works, that does not include condemnation for unrighteousness.

The Father's judgement in the Bible and your judgement differ, in that He does not care about what faith people may have, when He judges their works impartially, and only according to whether they are righteous or sinful in His sight.

If we are saved by works then Paul lied to us!
Your Paul of your gospel is lying to you then, or at lest preaching another gospel than the apostle Paul does in the Bible. If your Paul is saying that we are justified without works by faith only, then he contradicts James 2 is not the Paul of the Bible. The apostle Paul that wrote Ephesians and Romans never once says that any man is saved or justified by faith alone.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.
The only man that God does not impute sin to, is the man not sinning against God. That is the blessed man doing His righteousness at all times. (Psalms 106)

The Christian gospel of faith alone without works claims righteousness without doing righteousness, and claims no imputed sin while doing unrighteousness.

Those who believe what we do somehow is invovled in our salvation are trying to get God to say He owes you salvation by your deeds.
Those who believe the way they live have nothing to do with their salvation, are trying to doctrinally get God to say He has no right to judge them for their sinful deeds.

The Paul of the Bible makes extra sure we Christians understand that our faith alone is not a justification for doing unrighteousness. Whosoever is doing such unrighteous things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. (Gal 5)

The Christian doctrine that is only about faith and not about works, do not believe the Father judges every man's work without respect of persons, but only with respect to the work done.

The Bible gospel is for whosever without respect of persons, whether judgement unto justification, or judgment unto condemnation.

At least I am glad you see you are preaching a different gospel other than what was given to the church!

This is certainly true of your church yes, but not the church of the Bible.

Other Christian gospels have been around ever since Jesus Christ rose from the dead. The question is which gospel is the Bible, and which is not.

The gospel you preach is unto unrighteousness. Your faith is that you will do unrighteousness unto the end, and never being doing righteousness daily. That is unbelief in the faith of Jesus in the Bible, that declares from the heart we believe unto His righteousness to go and sin no more.

My gospel teaches believing unto righteousness, not believing unto unrighteousness.

People will choose which gospel to believe and do based upon their own hearts. We can either believe from the heart unto doing the righteousness of God, or we can not believe unto His righteousness from the heart. I choose the former, and you choose the latter.

That is why I witness of walking with Jesus daily as He walked in this life, and you say that is not possible until the grave.

No works, just faith!

What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

No faith only, just works by faith.

Just faith does not save, and just works does not justify.
We are saved to do good works but not at all by our good works
This is vain word games, that the Paul of the Bible calls doting and striving about words.

The Bible concludes that if we're not doing good, then we're not saved, because we're not born of God.

Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that that is doing good is of God: but he that is doing evil hath not seen God.

Whosoever is born of God is not committing sin; for his seed is remaining in him: and he cannot be sinning, because he is born of God.

No one while not doing righteousness with the devil, is a born righteous son of God.

In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever is not doing righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am speaking of God's judgment in the Bible of all our works without respect of persons. I am not referring to your judgement of your own works, that does not include condemnation for unrighteousness.

The Father's judgement in the Bible and your judgement differ, in that He does not care about what faith people may have, when He judges their works impartially, and only according to whether they are righteous or sinful in His sight.

Your Paul of your gospel is lying to you then, or at lest preaching another gospel than the apostle Paul does in the Bible. If your Paul is saying that we are justified without works by faith only, then he contradicts James 2 is not the Paul of the Bible. The apostle Paul that wrote Ephesians and Romans never once says that any man is saved or justified by faith alone.

The only man that God does not impute sin to, is the man not sinning against God. That is the blessed man doing His righteousness at all times. (Psalms 106)

The Christian gospel of faith alone without works claims righteousness without doing righteousness, and claims no imputed sin while doing unrighteousness.

Those who believe the way they live have nothing to do with their salvation, are trying to doctrinally get God to say He has no right to judge them for their sinful deeds.

The Paul of the Bible makes extra sure we Christians understand that our faith alone is not a justification for doing unrighteousness. Whosoever is doing such unrighteous things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. (Gal 5)

The Christian doctrine that is only about faith and not about works, do not believe the Father judges every man's work without respect of persons, but only with respect to the work done.

The Bible gospel is for whosever without respect of persons, whether judgement unto justification, or judgment unto condemnation.

This is certainly true of your church yes, but not the church of the Bible.

Other Christian gospels have been around ever since Jesus Christ rose from the dead. The question is which gospel is the Bible, and which is not.

The gospel you preach is unto unrighteousness. Your faith is that you will do unrighteousness unto the end, and never being doing righteousness daily. That is unbelief in the faith of Jesus in the Bible, that declares from the heart we believe unto His righteousness to go and sin no more.

My gospel teaches believing unto righteousness, not believing unto unrighteousness.

People will choose which gospel to believe and do based upon their own hearts. We can either believe from the heart unto doing the righteousness of God, or we can not believe unto His righteousness from the heart. I choose the former, and you choose the latter.

That is why I witness of walking with Jesus daily as He walked in this life, and you say that is not possible until the grave.

What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

No faith only, just works by faith.

Just faith does not save, and just works does not justify.

This is vain word games, that the Paul of the Bible calls doting and striving about words.

The Bible concludes that if we're not doing good, then we're not saved, because we're not born of God.

Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that that is doing good is of God: but he that is doing evil hath not seen God.

Whosoever is born of God is not committing sin; for his seed is remaining in him: and he cannot be sinning, because he is born of God.

No one while not doing righteousness with the devil, is a born righteous son of God.

In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever is not doing righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
Examples of "works"? What do you have in mind?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Nor am I speaking of my own judgment of my own works. My sinful deeds have already been judged and paid for at teh cross by the blood Jesus shed! My "good works" will be judged at teh bema seat judgment for believers. Believers (with the exception of millenial saints) do not stand before teh great white throne.
Well then we will let God judge between us who is preaching the gospel of salvation and who is preaching another gospel.
As I have never even implied this, this comment is juvenile and foolish in this discussion.
Because you have a pharasaical mindset, once again you have put the cart before the horse.

We are made righteous by Jesus! As Paul said:

Philippians 3:9
And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

James 2:23
And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

1 Corinthians 1:30
But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

1. Romans 3:21
    But now the righteousnessof God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
  2. Romans 3:22
    Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Romans 4:5
But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Jesus is my righteousness. And because He has made me righteous, I can do works of righeousness.