We are judged by works, not by faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who is my neighbor?
You don't know?
I've already rebuked from the Bible this acceptance only Christianity.
You have done nothing of the sort. You have displayed a harsh misunderstanding of the word and heart of God.
This is the opposite of the Bible. Our works are judged by the Father without respect of persons as being worthy of death or life. That is both in the Old and New testaments.
No idea what you are trying to say. You seem to be conflating the great white throne judment with our time with Jesus after or at the marriage supper. But you need to be clear.

The wicked are worthy of death by the wickedness they do:
At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.

And if a man have committed a sin worthy of death, and he be to be put to death, and thou hang him on a tree:

Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.

Yes, THEY have shed our blood. They are not worthy or saved. They have trampled on His gift and sacrifice and rejected it. And so were we before He saved us. Worthy of death. You need to get with the times, because now, by His blood we ARE worthy!
The righteous are worthy of life by the righteousness they do:
Whoa! You made that up. Only His blood and sacrifice made us worthy!

He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
So, folks, even if your family rejects Jesus, and you want to come to Him, take up your cross, man up, and do so. He wants to save you. Once you do get saved, you are saved forever and ever and ever. No man will ever be able to pluck you out of the Father's hand.

Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
The fruit of repentance is getting saved and accepting the free gift. (rather than trying to rest on your heritage etc)
I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;
When we abide in the Vine we walk worthily. Some more worthily than others! Why? Because He is worthy and is in us. Not because we crawled up some Catholic monastery stairs several times or whatever!
Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.

Every man is judged by the Father as worthy by his walk. No man is judged by the Father as worthy by his belief and talk only.
They are white because Jesus living in them made them white. Not because they worked hard and bought some expensive paint to look white.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Says the meaning of words. If we are fallen, we are not standing.

The Bible rebukes those who play word games in order to change the meaning of the Bible.
We fall, we get up. Lovely being saved. Your cryptic accusations are strawmen
If we are reconciled we walk as He walked in the light. (John 1)

Believing in being reconciled by faith alone while walking in darkness, is condemned by Jesus as being worse off than the unbelievers.
Those saved are in the light. Jesus is the light. To get saved they had to come to the light. Those still in darkness did not come to the light, but loved darkness rather than light.
The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!
Right either we are saved or not. If Jesus is in us we are full of light.
I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Not real believers, then, and not saved. Nominal church members. Lots of those churches around. You'd almost think it was written for this time:)
The warnings of a justified by faith alone gospel, is only lip service to the fear of the Lord.
The fear of God starts us on the road to get saved. We seek, we find. We are saved by faith alone. Then with Him in us, we can actually bear fruit and have some works rather than standing there beating the air thinking we are working hard.
But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

Yes, we need to try to watch our words, Jesus emphasized this. However, when Peter cussed up a storm that does not mean he was hell bound. It meant he has a lot to learn. As do we all. Hence, what our sojourning here is largely about!
James 2 says faith without works believers are the same as devils that believe.
No. It points out that devils of course also believe. That does not equate devils with the saved. Devils are not who Jesus died for. We are. James was admonishing folks to walk circumspectly. We already know that God chastises us. Every one that is saved! If we were perfect already that would not be needed! If some people blow it too badly God will even end their earthly life in dealing with them. Other people He will purge, so that they will bear fruit. In no possible way does any of that mean He died for nothing and that we can work up salvation or keep ourselves saved by working up a steaming pile of works. People who pretend or think they can smell like a toilet that needs flushing.
If the Christian gospel of being justified by our own faith alone, while doing as children of the devil, is true. Then the devils are also saved and justified with God because they believe the Bible is true.
Strawman. You are conflating justified with saved. Then you are lumping in unsaved wicked sinners with less than yet perfect saved people. etc. The result one confused mess! How could one preach the gospel to others blowing such an uncertain sound on their trumpet?
Some Christians do teach that all men, including Satan will be reconciled to God in the end.
That is another thread.
For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
No use hearing about coming to Jesus unless we do it. As for works, if we use that for the term justified, then some are more justified than others who are saved! Yet all are saved who are saved.
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
To do that we need to be saved! Then He does stuff in us, corrects us, leads us, empowers us, etc etc. Not some personal works trip.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
op: judged by faith, not by works?

Actually, saved by "Grace Through faith," humble ourselves to "allow Christ To Work (good)"
in and through us (or not = bad works), and finally "judged by Both kinds of works" for
"reward or loss thereof." Simplicity In Christ!

Amen.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Now, I have been waiting for a faith alone believer to say this. The justification of Christ is separated from the salvation of God.
That depends on how you define those things. If we get saved then we are justified by Him. We are not physic here you have to be clear.
And that is what faith alone Christians are saying, without saying it, until now. Their faith alone saves them, while their works condemn them. And so being justified by Christ is not necessary to be saved by God.

Our works condemn us UNTIL we get saved! After that, our works get us rewards and are a result of Him in us. A result, not a prerequisite of salvation.
In the end, what we see is a separation of all things in the Bible from themselves, if it condemns them.
Vague and empty words. Like sounding brass or a tinkling symbol.
Salvation is separated from doing good.
False. Only by getting saved can we do good and please Him.

Righteousness is separated from doing righteousness.
Says who? What is this the strawman canard list?

Being in the light is separated from walking in the light.
No, we must be saved (in the light) in order to walk in the light.
Reconciliation with God is separated from fellowship with Christ.
No one said any of those silly things. Being saved IS reconciliation with God. That is not by works which we have done. THEN we have fellowship with Him

Salvation of Jesus is separated from being justified by Christ.
No. Being saved is because of Christ. We don't justify ourselves. Those preaching a works trip are suggesting that.
There are more.

And now by word play, doing is believing only. And so now we see again the inconsistency in faith without works.
No. Doing comes by Him in us (salvation). Works result in that. Some people have less works than others. Works do not save anyone and never have.
They teach salvation by faith without works, and then say their faith is work.
No. We teach that salvation is not of works. But that we should work like hec after we get saved out of love for Him. That resulting work is not what keeps us saved or saved us.
This now teaches that being saved faith without works is impossible, since saving faith is doing the word and obeying the gospel.
Verse? The thief on the cross had saving faith. Can you remind us how he was obeying the gospel etc? How about the 5000 that were added to the church in Acts? Were they 'really' saved?
Further word play is now necessary to preserve the gospel of being saved without works, by saying doing is not work.
You are the only one playing with words here.

This exemplifies the gospel of salvation without works. There must be some obedience, but not all. It is the gospel of double heartedness for life.
Don't insult those who obeyed by reaching out and trying to believe (Lord help thou my unbelief, one man said in the bible) and came to Jesus. They did not get there by works. Again you religiously place the cart before the horse.

Jesus preaches single hearted love of God, where all is walking with Him in His light. Not just sometimes.
If we whole heartedly come to Him as He asks that is being single hearted. Those who don't take the plunge are double minded.

Since the truth of the Bible is not being rejected here, then this is just a confession that all their fellow Christians are double hearted. It coincides with their own confession of still living filthy as before their faith alone conversion.

I never said anything like that. In fact this sounds like random words strung together, with all that sticks out a bit being some dislike of people who don't have a works trip obsession

It also shows a justification of oneself, based on the idea that no one is always pleasing the Father, as the Son. It declares no Christian is walking as Jesus walked, and all Christians are hypocrites.
Being saved has nothing to do with justifying oneself, quite the opposite. You seem to be descending into vague senile rants here.
This judgment is of course based upon themselves and the only Christian group they purpose to be part of.
I haven't read a poster even mention a group yet that I recall?

It also accuses the righteous as being just pretenders, while they themselves are not pretenders, because they make no bones about still living as filthy rags.
You seem to think there is some other group than the saved believers that are 'righteous'? Apparently in your mind that group has far superior works that are not rags!:)

This is the gospel of unclean conversion, where the best they hope for is double heartedness in the faith.
More strange vague accusations that have no anchor in reality or this topic.

It also says Christ accepts lame, unclean, and spotted sacrifice to Himself. That's not the Jesus Christ of the Bible.
He never healed or accepted? New to me:)

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
How do you think one has their minds transformed? You do realize that involves His Spirit? We need to be saved first.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Newborn sounds like freshly saved, brand new believers.
Correct. All the past life is forgiven and washed away, and all things of soul and life are now all of God.

I take it you had some other meaning in mind.
No. What I show here is the newborn perfect conversion by Christ Jesus, is not the unclean converting birth of being saved by faith alone without works.

That gospel teaches being converted while still sinning. All things in spirit and life are not new and of God. There remain the filthy things of before. And growth by such an imperfect conversion is only sinning less and less, and never going and sinning no more, even as Jesus commands us when He has forgiven us of all our past sins and trespasses.

If you love me, keep my commandments. Paul spoke of some believer that had a sin so bad, he was to be killed so that his spirit would still live.
Already rebuked by the Bible this Mai Lai doctrine of God killing His people in order to save their souls.

Others have their works all shown to be garbage and wasted time. Nevertheless they are saved, though it involves a lot of fiery trouble.
Already also rebuked by the Bible this filthy gospel of saving souls while living filthy before with the world.

Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
That is a nation.
This is acknowledgment of the judgement of God in the Bible. It is also a vain effort to disanull it.

There was never a time where all the children of Israel were casting God and His law behind their backs. Not in the wilderness, nor in the destruction by Babylon, not in their return, nor in latter time of prophets who were preaching against it.

Was Peter double minded, or Thomas?
Not themselves, but like prophets of old, they also rebuked the double minded of their day. Whether in the OT of children of Israel the NT church of Christ, not all are casting Christ and His law behind our backs, as some do who preach a gospel of transgressing filthy rags living.

The whole doctrine of saving faith without works by some Christians, really has nothing to do with their faith ever being without works, because they still have their filthy works.

The so-called gospel of saving faith without works, is manifestly the gospel of saving faith with filthy works, who call their own fellows garbage Christians.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Correct. All the past life is forgiven and washed away, and all things of soul and life are now all of God.

After being born again, like a baby, we grow up.

No. What I show here is the newborn perfect conversion by Christ Jesus, is not the unclean converting birth of being saved by faith alone without works.
The converting comes when we are saved, not before. There is not some work we do that makes us worthy of salvation. By the rime works start, we are already saved. A done deal. Works that follow are not what saved or saves us.

That gospel teaches being converted while still sinning. All things in spirit and life are not new and of God. There remain the filthy things of before. And growth by such an imperfect conversion is only sinning less and less, and never going and sinning no more, even as Jesus commands us when He has forgiven us of all our past sins and trespasses.

There is not imperfect salvation! He does all things in perfection. He then works IN us. That means we are a work in progress and not yet completely finished and spotless in every way. Don't call out the popemobile yet.

Already rebuked by the Bible this Mai Lai doctrine of God killing His people in order to save their souls.
Baloney. You have not even made a good case yet.

Already also rebuked by the Bible this filthy gospel of saving souls while living filthy before with the world.
All have sinned. God came to save sinners. Then He begins working with and on us on the inside. The kingdom of heaven is within.

Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
In other words, be His friend and love God. Don't place the pride of life and ways of the world and things of the world etc above God.

Reactions: mailmandan

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is acknowledgment of the judgement of God in the Bible. It is also a vain effort to disanull it.

No one 'disanulls' a nation being dealt with a certain way by God. For a nation, for example God says this. But if they will not obey, I will utterly pluck up and destroy that nation. For Peter, though, God corrected him, and led him. Nations don't get saved. Therefore they can't lose salvation. You try to equate that with saved believers.

There was never a time where all the children of Israel were casting God and His law behind their backs. Not in the wilderness, nor in the destruction by Babylon, not in their return, nor in latter time of prophets who were preaching against it.
So?

Not themselves, but like prophets of old, they also rebuked the double minded of their day. Whether in the OT of children of Israel the NT church of Christ, not all are casting Christ and His law behind our backs, as some do who preach a gospel of transgressing filthy rags living.

Great, so why would anyone want people to be like the waves of the sea rather than saved and on the rock?? You post strawman after strawman.

The whole doctrine of saving faith without works by some Christians, really has nothing to do with their faith ever being without works, because they still have their filthy works.
Says you. God looks on the heart. Like we need you sitting in judgment thinking you have works and are pure?? Hilarious yet tragic.

The so-called gospel of saving faith without works, is manifestly the gospel of saving faith with filthy works, who call their own fellows garbage Christians.
Jesus did the work that results in Salvation! Those trying to work up their own salvation despise and tread on that work. Don't conflate working after being saved with being saved because of work.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Absolutely. Let's try.
You try. I'll do.

The gospel of trying to do good is not that of the Bible.

Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.

The gospel of the Bible does not preach trying to keep the commandments of God.
Peter was chastened with a rebuke from which he learned his lesson and tried again!
Trying the gospel is not obeying the gospel.

1 tim 6:4 is about folks arguing about how a Christian worker/slave should try to do a good job actually
More trying the gospel doctrine.

One thing anyone can say by your teaching and personal confession. You do not try to live sinfully, you do it.

Now if you were to apply that same standard to living righteousness and holy without blame before Jesus in love (Eph 1), then you would certainly preach the gospel of the holy Bible, and not the gospel of sinful man.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
absolutely

Strawman. People who know the heart of God and the bible, would probably not be preaching that we should 'live filthy'.
You're the strawman. You preach all your works are still filthy rags. You also speak of your brothers as being garbage Christians.

However, the prodigal son, when in with the swine was still a son.
More filth-justifying doctrine. The Bible says this was the son that was dead, and was only alive gain by repentance.

The Bible teaches those in sins and trespasses, are dead in sins and trespasses, except we repent.

The sinful and trespassing gospel of faith alone, preaches being saved and alive in sins and trespasses.

However, let's also remember we are saved sinners and a work in progress and that nothing will ver separate us from Him. Period.
The gospel of sinners, filthy rags, and garbage Christians preached by, for, and about themselves.

Never heard of that.
You preach it. You just don't like it when spelled out without all the pretty speeches about it.

Christians justified by their own faith alone, never confess they are ever pure in spirit and blameless in life, with all things now being of God, with nothing being of the devil.

The gospel of conversion with continued filthy rags living, is the imperfect and unclean birth into another gospel than that of the Bible.

But we all have sinned, and when we came to Jesus, were still sinning and then we got saved. Even then we have a long way to go.
As just said. This is the unclean conversion of getting saved while things are still of the devil, with a long way to go of sinning less, but never Jesus' way to go and sin no more.

Paul said the body of that stinker needed to die so that the spirit would live, regardless of what you call it.

The body of this death is the old man of sin still alive, while trying to serve Christ with a double heart.

The gospel of waiting for the grave to become pure as the newborn babes in Christ, is not the Bible. The Bible teaches being newborn with all things being now of God, not later in the grave.

For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.
Try not to misrepresent what the bible or other posters say here. Your claim that He destroys souls to save them, or your allusion to others claiming that is made up and dishonest.
Why does someone teaching God kills people to save their souls, get offended by saying they teach God kills people to save their souls?

Once we become dishonest with the Bible, we become dishonest with ourselves.

Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

This is the rebuke of the Bible, for changing the gospel of Jesus Christ into the gospel of filthy rags for garbage Christians.

By saving us we are saved from our sins.
The doctrine of filthy rags Christianity does not teach this. Their gospel saves while still sinning, not from sinning.

Even when Peter sinned, or (any person in the bible) that did not damn them again!
This is the partial gospel of damning others for sinning, but not ourselves for doing the same, because we are 'believers'.

In Romans 2 the Jews believed the same hypocrisy. They justified themselves while doing the same as the unbelievers, just because they had the oracles of God. It's how the world is given cause to blaspheme the law and gospel of God.

The sin unto death is before we are saved not after!
It's among the brothers.

If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

Since your gospel teaches still sinning at conversion and unto the end, then it is the doctrine of Christians sinning unto death. The Bible Christians ought not to pray for it. Much less do it.

To reject Jesus is the sin unto death.
And sinning against Jesus unto death, is sin unto death. Without respect of persons.

That verse does not mean that Peter was of the devil!
It did while doing the same as the devil.

But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

And it does for us if we do the same as the devil.

In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

You're not defending Peter but yourself, for preaching a gospel of being saved while sinning with the devil.

Peter never did so. It's one thing to be double hearted, but entirely another to justify it for life, by preaching a gospel of being justified while doing sinful works of the flesh.

Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You try. I'll do.
Yes and when you fail, don't make out otherwise.

The gospel of trying to do good is not that of the Bible.
Then why mention the strawman you just made up here?

Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.

The gospel of the Bible does not preach trying to keep the commandments of God.

Trying the gospel is not obeying the gospel.

God actually said taste and see. When we obey and ask in a sincere heart to be saved as He commanded, He answers. Not because the sinner was pure. But because he knows he or she (sorry, that's all the ponouns I have on offer) was not pure! If we try to do what He said, then we are saved. No ifs ands or buts about it. AFTER that (cart, meet horse) we try to do good etc.
One thing anyone can say by your teaching and personal confession. You do not try to live sinfully, you do it.
Accuser of the saints based on ignorance and self righteousness. Jesus is in me, thank you very much. Your accusation that I live sinfully is delusional as well as demonic.

Now if you were to apply that same standard to living righteousness and holy without blame before Jesus in love (Eph 1), then you would certainly preach the gospel of the holy Bible, and not the gospel of sinful man.

When we are saved we are holy and no longer blamed because of what Jesus paid for us. He takes it from there.

Last edited:

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we are saved we are holy and no longer blamed because of what Jesus paid for us. He takes it from there.
Probably time to obey God, and go (good work?), eh?:

Rom 16:17 "Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and
offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them."

Amen.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
O' foolish church going indoctrinated ones, who hath bewitched you, that you should believe a lie and be damned.?

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Repetition is the tool of Satan, say it over and over and enough times from the pulpits of preachers, pastors and teachers and they will believe it.

It is time to take account of what we hear, how we're taught and what we believe and hold it against the truth of God's word !

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Probably time to obey God, and go (good work?), eh?:
Yes that is what happens when Jesus lives in you. More in some than others, hence some have greater rewards.

Rom 16:17 "Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and
offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them."

Amen.
Hopefully you have not learned that works save us rather than Jesus. We work because we are holy (because He is in us) not work to get holy.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
That is not us. That is the world.
With the God of the Bible, that is every man without respect of persons.

Your respect of persons hypocritical judgment is not the judgement of the Bible.

We can tell ourselves we're not judged for our works, but other are, but all such self-deception ends in the grave. And making up doctrine to convince ourselves only helps to sear our consciences of our judgment to come.

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

We are not of this world. Nothing shall separate us from the love of God.
Filthy living garbage eaters are not of the world?

The world is worse than I thought, if filthy rags are too good for them.
There seems to be a difference between tasting of what it is like and actually diving in and getting wet. In this case it seems like those who just get a little taste were not saved. They ran off. Did not come to Him
So, just tasting of sin is not so bad. How does one only taste of sin? Fornicate without climaxing? I've heard some Christians trying to say they are not really fornicating, if they don't finish.

And so living on filthy rags and dumpster diving for garbage is just a taste with your Christianity? What are the real wet ones like?

Verse? Was Peter saved from ever making mistakes? No. He was saved from death and hell.

It's not surprising to find someone teaching salvation without repentance, does not know the verses of the Bible commanding us to repent.
Believing is the work of God! Then when we abide in Him, we bear fruit. Repenting does not mean some magical transformation into instant perfection!
This is a confirmation that the imperperfect conversion of faith alone without works, rejects Jesus' perfect conversion of newborn babes, where all things are now of God.

It also mocks being made all new and clean in Christ Jesus.

How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

In the Bible, there is no such thing as just 'tasting' of ungodly lust.

A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter? Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

It means we choose Jesus and accept His gift. Any little works we may do after that fact result in rewards.
You mean little filthy rags? Is that the tasting of corruption you're talking about, that is not the really wet stuff?

That way the works are in their right place.
Filthy rags righteousness is in the right place in your church? Are you really a normal member of your church?

After the horse, not before it.
The church and body of Christ is not a cart.

In the Bible, members of Jesus' body are His brethren holding to the Head and walking hand and hand with Jesus.

Those dragging along after and not walking with the Lord, are left behind.

And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

Do all members of your church really believe, live, and teach like you?
Otherwise though we give our body to be burned, and all our money to the poor etc..it profits nothing.

True. All the filthy rags righteousness you claim in your Christian life, are of no profit for salvation and justification of Jesus Christ. In the Bible, the pure charity of God does not include sinful works of the flesh.

The only Christians doing the charity of God, are those adding virtue and godliness to their faith in Jesus, so that we never fall back into doing unrighteousness with the world. (2 Peter 1)

That includes not even tasting of it now and then for good old times sake.

In the gospel you preach, tasting with occasional full dives are an ongoing normal thing.

You're kidding right? You haven't even read enough Bible to know that only them doing the will of the Father are the mother, sister, and brother of Jesus Christ?

Most Christians that preach another gospel of their own, at least know enough of the Bible to twist it when necessary. You don't even know enough to even be aware of the first principles of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Nonetheless, I simply show the difference between other Christian gospels and that of Jesus Christ in the Bible. I don't guess that requires others knowing the Bible basics.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With the God of the Bible, that is every man without respect of persons.

Your respect of persons hypocritical judgment is not the judgement of the Bible.

We can tell ourselves we're not judged for our works, but other are, but all such self-deception ends in the grave. And making up doctrine to convince ourselves only helps to sear our consciences of our judgment to come.

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

Filthy living garbage eaters are not of the world?

The world is worse than I thought, if filthy rags are too good for them.

So, just tasting of sin is not so bad. How does one only taste of sin? Fornicate without climaxing? I've heard some Christians trying to say they are not really fornicating, if they don't finish.

And so living on filthy rags and dumpster diving for garbage is just a taste with your Christianity? What are the real wet ones like?

It's not surprising to find someone teaching salvation without repentance, does not know the verses of the Bible commanding us to repent.

This is a confirmation that the imperperfect conversion of faith alone without works, rejects Jesus' perfect conversion of newborn babes, where all things are now of God.

It also mocks being made all new and clean in Christ Jesus.

How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

In the Bible, there is no such thing as just 'tasting' of ungodly lust.

A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter? Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

You mean little filthy rags? Is that the tasting of corruption you're talking about, that is not the really wet stuff?

Filthy rags righteousness is in the right place in your church? Are you really a normal member of your church?

The church and body of Christ is not a cart.

In the Bible, members of Jesus' body are His brethren holding to the Head and walking hand and hand with Jesus.

Those dragging along after and not walking with the Lord, are left behind.

And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

Do all members of your church really believe, live, and teach like you?

True. All the filthy rags righteousness you claim in your Christian life, are of no profit for salvation and justification of Jesus Christ. In the Bible, the pure charity of God does not include sinful works of the flesh.

The only Christians doing the charity of God, are those adding virtue and godliness to their faith in Jesus, so that we never fall back into doing unrighteousness with the world. (2 Peter 1)

That includes not even tasting of it now and then for good old times sake.

In the gospel you preach, tasting with occasional full dives are an ongoing normal thing.

You're kidding right? You haven't even read enough Bible to know that only them doing the will of the Father are the mother, sister, and brother of Jesus Christ?

Most Christians that preach another gospel of their own, at least know enough of the Bible to twist it when necessary. You don't even know enough to even be aware of the first principles of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Nonetheless, I simply show the difference between other Christian gospels and that of Jesus Christ in the Bible. I don't guess that requires others knowing the Bible basics.
its obvious you did not understand him.

You should try to actually listen to someone before you respond to them

Abiding1

Aug 4, 2023
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1 Corinthians 3:13-15 KJV
Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
[14] If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
[15] If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Hebrews 6:1 KJV
Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

Hebrews 9:14 KJV
How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
The churches have failed big time, they dropped the ball more and more as time has passed. I am not a perfect human being, and do not ever in this horrid, carnal world, see myself ever reaching those heights. But still, I reach more and more everyday, Amen!
God bless and keep you.
It's not churches, but Christians that fail Christ. We can only account for ourselves individually.

And I suppose it's not really about heights reached. After all the devil took Jesus to the top of an exceeding high mount and then the pinnacle of the temple.

I believe the Bible teaches something more simple than that. Simply living holy and harmless and without blame in His love is entirely enough to walk as He walked.

That is in fact the mystery hidden from the foundation of the world. That is the life lived in heaven and in the New Jerusalem dwelling with God.

But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Being a saint in Christ Jesus is not trying to become some great super-hero. The life we live now with a pure heart and blameless manners, is in fact the life lived after the resurrection of the dead, but then with perfected body and mind, so that like God now in heaven, we will not have to endure sickness, weakness, nor temptation of the devil.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
its obvious you did not understand him.

You should try to actually listen to someone before you respond to them
Just saying someone doesn't understand us, without showing how, is the same as saying someone doesn't understand the Bible without showing how. Which is fine by me, because I do understand you perfectly in comparison to the Bible, and I don't need your agreement. That's because I'm not here to try and change anyone's mind nor their teaching. I only seek to defend the Bible gospel of Jesus Christ.

And, at least in your case, it's obvious the more I show the difference between the Bible and your gospel, the more you don't want to understand your own gospel and try to disavow what you are really preaching.

That's usually the case when our preaching is stripped of all the flowery caring words, and left to be seen as it really is in comparison to the words of Jesus and His apostles.