We are judged by works, not by faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
No it makes it something Jesus pointed out. We are to forgive...and if people were perfect there would be no need.

Not to be forgiven, but only to forgive others asking for it.
Perfect people sin??? Why would anyone ever need to forgive a perfect sinless saint??
You wouldn't, which is why I have no need of your forgiveness. Nor ask for it.

Of course He did not ask us to sin.
You do. You take it as a commandment from Jesus to sin, so that your church can keep forgiving one another.

He pointed out that we would still need forgiveness for sinning.
Point proven. You preach needing to sin, in order to be forgiven.

The Bible preaches if we sin, we need forgiveness, you preach when you sin, in order to be forgiven.

Your whole Christian religion and church is caught up in continued sinning and forgiving, because none of you just repent of sinning already. Which you declare is heresy and impossible. Actually ceasing to sin would ruin your whole gospel and Christian religion. You need the sinning and forgiving, in order to feel good about yourself and superior to them that sin not.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do. You take it as a commandment from Jesus to sin, so that your church can keep forgiving one another.
You continue to tell lies of others to make yourself look good I guess. I don't know why you continue in lying, only that you do.

Much love!

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Say what? Did the child Jesus say, like Paul, 'O wretched man that I am'?
The blind speaks his blindness.

I wondered in the past if you were just blind, or if you do this stuff on purpose. I believe you are just blind to teaching of the Bible.

Lie. To be saved we need to repent.
Really? You now preach salvation unto repentance like the Bible?

Your claims of perfection after repenting are made up.

I.e. your gospel of partial, imperfect, half baked and half hearted repentance of some sinning, but not all.

So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

The righteousness of God is Jesus! He helps us be like Him.
Not while sinning. That's when the devil helps you be like him instead.

That requires judgments and chastening etc. People did not walk out of the river after being Baptized as sinless perfect beings.
Then they weren't pure newborn of God, and their baptism was without repentance of sinning. Such as you. You are willfully blind to being perfectly born of God with all things now of God, and nothing being of the devil. Just like Jesus was.

So why would He chasten every single saved person exactly? For kicks?
He doesn't chasten unrepentant sinners. Only them repenting of sinning and being born all new and all of God by Him, are treated as sons of God. He deals with unrepented sinners like all the rest of the unrepented sinners of the world. No matter what faith or religion they call themselves by.

He still loves you as all the world, but only to have you repent of your sinning, that you may believe His gospel unto His righteousness, and not that of your own Christian religion.

Right, seeing good fruit tells us what kind of tree it is. Bearing apples, however is not what saved us.
No, it's what ensures our salvation unto the end by never falling. (2 Peter 1)

But in your gospel, you never rose from sinning, and so there is no falling into sinning, but only continued walking in darkness.

You have your partially repented Christian religion of course, and obviously you like it just fine. It suits you in this life. I have no problem with that. I say Enjoy it while you can. I'm a live and let live saint in Christ Jesus.

Unlike you of course, who presumes to tell everyone else what they are and how they're living, based entirely upon your own defiled conscience and personal Christian gospel.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You don't even know that no man was saved and justified by Jesus Christ, before His resurrection.
I think even people in the old testament were save by believing He would come one day actually. You can't even hit the dartboard, let alone get a bullseye.
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Part of that hope is that He lives with us here on earth, and chastens and guides us.
Jesus makes us perfect. Not work of the flesh.

Galatians 3:3
Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
Your gospel of salvation for man before Jesus' resurrection, is not the Bible.
No idea what you are talking about. Are you suggesting that believers were not saved in the old testament??

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The blind speaks his blindness.

I wondered in the past if you were just blind, or if you do this stuff on purpose. I believe you are just blind to teaching of the Bible.
Romans 7:24
O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Nothing 'blind' about that verse.

People that think they have arrived at perfection are wretched.

Revelation 3:17
Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

Thus saith the Lord

I.e. your gospel of partial, imperfect, half baked and half hearted repentance of some sinning, but not all.
Giving our life and heart to Jesus is anything but half hearted. Admitting you fail and do what you don't want to at times, as Paul did is not half hearted either.

Your pretense of holier than thou perfection and sanctimonious sinlessness is paper thin hypocrisy.
Then they weren't pure newborn of God, and their baptism was without repentance of sinning. Such as you. You are willfully blind to being perfectly born of God with all things now of God, and nothing being of the devil. Just like Jesus was.
Playing with words doesn't help your charade. Calling being saved 'pure newborn of God' or 'perfectly born of God ' as if by works and maintained by works is a fraudulent use of words.

He doesn't chasten unrepentant sinners.
There are no saved unrepentant sinners. Get over it. First we are forgiven to be saved. You are trying your tired old one trick pony of labeling saved believers that trespass at times 'unrepentant sinners'. You know who are unrepentant sinners? People that pretend they are perfect and never have anything to confess was wrong!

No, it's what ensures our salvation unto the end by never falling. (2 Peter 1)
There we have it. You openly admit that you think you keep yourself saved by works.

But in your gospel, you never rose from sinning, and so there is no falling into sinning, but only continued walking in darkness.
We rose from damnation and hell and death. Not from ever trespassing at all in this life.
Unlike you of course, who presumes to tell everyone else what they are and how they're living, based entirely upon your own defiled conscience and personal Christian gospel.
You ceaselessly claim perfection here and that other believers are unlike you. If that is what you thought was live and let live, I have news for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
I point out that all have sinned.
True. Past tense. You apply it to yourself present, and probably also future until the grave.

Not me.

It is also true that His people require chastening and that means they are not yet literally perfect.
Not you. You're only a sinner.

Like clockwork people do imperfect things.
Yes, you do. Most sinners do plan and schedule their sinning.

Not that we are perfect the moment we come to Him.
God's gospel of Jesus Christ yes. Not yours.

False. We are His children soon as we get saved. Not the devil's children at all any more ever.
You are the unjust judge that first accuse all of sinning with the devil, which is a lie. And then you unjustly say not all sinning with the devil are children of the devil, by excusing yourself.

God the Father will judge us all by our works without respect of persons.

Your unjust hypocritical judgment ends in the grave.\

The saved have repented. Then they also need to do some more repenting at times,
Your word games of defining unrepentance as repented, is not God's.

but that is nothing to do with salvation. Once we are sons, we are sons, period.
You are a son of your own sinners gospel. Not me.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
True. Past tense. You apply it to yourself present, and probably also future until the grave.

Jesus said there would be trespasses from brothers and that He chastened all people who come to Him. If you need no correction or chastening and never trespass, where does that leave you?
Yes, you do. Most sinners do plan and schedule their sinning.
How would you know? Not like you are a sinner! :) But Jesus did not say brethren scheduled trespasses only that they would happen. The rest you made up as usual.
You are the unjust judge that first accuse all of sinning with the devil, which is a lie.
That was your phrase actually. I cited the Scripture that says all have sinned. Guess where the lie is once again, Mr perfect?

And then you unjustly say not all sinning with the devil are children of the devil, by excusing yourself.
Those with faults or trespasses that need forgiving after being saved are not of the devil.
God the Father will judge us all by our works without respect of persons.
And those already judged to be saved will be judged on works and rewarded on works. Nothing whatsoever to do with salvation.
Your word games of defining unrepentance as repented, is not God's.
After being saved/repenting we still have a ways to go to be perfect in every way. Sorry you though God was lying when He said all saved folks need correction and forgiveness. Forgive us OUR trespasses. Guess you thought that excluded you eh?

Your charade of perfection has turned into an accusatory rant fest of increasingly incoherent slurs and sore loserism.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Jesus makes us perfect.
You preach Christian perfection now? While still sinning with filthy rags in life?

Are you suggesting that believers were not saved in the old testament??
You ever read in the Bible of one being saved? Their mortal lives on earth, yes, not their immortal souls. No OT saint went into the presence of the Lord in heaven, at the death of the body.

They're souls were not saved by Jesus Christ, until He preached His gospel to them in prison and led them captive in His presence to heaven.

The reason you don't know these things, is because you throw around the salvation of Jesus like so much canon fodder.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Romans 7:24
O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Nothing 'blind' about that verse.

People that think they have arrived at perfection are wretched.

People who think double mindedness is a normal state of Christianity, are not wretch at all, but made quite comfortable.

The place between double hearted Christian sinners and thinking to have arrived, is Romans 8 saints in Christ Jesus.
Giving our life and heart to Jesus is anything but half hearted.

It is when you don't repent of sinning first. Jesus doesn't accept lame hearted faith to be saved without repenting first.

The rest of your stuff, that we've already danced with before, I'm leaving to you.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Jesus said there would be trespasses from brothers and that He chastened all people who come to Him.
And you command it, in order to be chastened.

If you need no correction or chastening and never trespass, where does that leave you?
With Jesus' words that you do not agree with.

She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

The rest of yours stuff is also just more old dancing.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You preach Christian perfection now? While still sinning with filthy rags in life?
His strength is made perfect in our weakness. His sacrifice is what saved us. Not works. God only looks at the blood of Jesus and if we have that we are good. Like in Egypt the blood was on the door. The angel never took a long quiz checklist for each person's deeds in the house to pass over it. He simply looked for the blood of Jesus.
You ever read in the Bible of one being saved? Their mortal lives on earth, yes, not their immortal souls.
No idea what you think being saved means. Jesus gives us eternal life and no man is able to pluck us away from His hands.
No OT saint went into the presence of the Lord in heaven, at the death of the body.
We do
They're souls were not saved by Jesus Christ, until He preached His gospel to them in prison and led them captive in His presence to heaven.
They were saved by believing He would come one day. We are saved by believing He did come. The folks in His day were saved believing He had come. Yoour opinion of who He spoke to when He was down there is for another thread.
The reason you don't know these things, is because you throw around the salvation of Jesus like so much canon fodder.
Freely He gave, and freely we can receive.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
People who think double mindedness is a normal state of Christianity, are not wretch at all, but made quite comfortable.
People who think that God has nothing to correct them for can think whatever they like, they are wrong.

Time to come down off your high horse mr perfect and admit what you are.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Judged by works: but the important thing to remember, is that 'inspiration' is taken into account.

EDIT: Something like remembering inspiration, is the truth that works of peace will be rewarded extra.

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then repent of all your sinning, not just in part at your leisure.

Your hope to repent fully at His appearing won't happen. The heart doesn't change from unrighteousness to righteousness by face to face challenges.

And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

(For we walk by faith, not by sight)

Also, sinless Christians don't attain to sinlessness, but only repent for it in this life, and believe Jesus to purge us wholly to be blameless as He.

It's the resurrection of the dead unto life, that the repented believers attain to by keeping ourselves sinless, even as when first being pure newborn of God, with all things being of God, even as the Son of God.
I already repented teh one and only time on ehas to- that was to get saved!

Now I do not repent of sin, but follow Gods command of 1 JOhn 1:9 and acknowledge my sin to my Father. He forgives and cleanses despite your sinless perfection fallacy.

god views us a s sinless, He no longer sees our sin, but only the blood of Jesus. That pertains to our relationship with our Father.

We acknowledge our sin as we fall short, to be forgiven in our daily walk. That pertains to our fellowship with god. There is a total difference between relationship and fellowship.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
His strength is made perfect in our weakness.
Weakness is in temptation. Not in sinning with it. That's flat on your face serving the devil.

His sacrifice is what saved us. Not works. God only looks at the blood of Jesus and if we have that we are good. Like in Egypt the blood was on the door. The angel never took a long quiz checklist for each person's deeds in the house to pass over it. He simply looked for the blood of Jesus.
Your gospel of the blood of the Lamb being no better than door post covering blood of sheep, is not the gospel of Jesus Christ.

The blood of the Lamb washes away sinning, not hides it from His Father. God doesn't see any sinning where His Son's blood has washed away them repented of sinning. There's no sinning to see.

There is no sin in them in Christ, in whom is no sin.

There is no unrepented sinner in Christ, in whom is no sin.

Another gospel of NT blood of bulls and goats with sin in a Christ of their own faith, is not that of Jesus Christ in the Bible.

They were saved by believing He would come one day. We are saved by believing He did come.
Believing He has come in the flesh is as good as the devils that confessed He was on earth.

Believing alone is no cover for continued sinning.

If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.

Freely He gave, and freely we can receive.
True. He freely gives repentance from sinning. Continued sinners want some other kind of free gift of another gospel.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
People who think that God has nothing to correct them for can think whatever they like, they are wrong.

Time to come down off your high horse mr perfect and admit what you are.
What I are is a repented Christian saint in Christ Jesus.

What I are not, is you.

You don't even believe there is Christian saints. I know of being Christian sinners such as yourself. I repented of being one like you.

I don't mind you being an unrepented Christian sinner. I believe in live and let live, and we will each answer to God for our works. And I only oppose you teaching your sinful Christian doctrine publicly.

But your conscience cannot stand even thinking of there being righteous Christians saints unlike you.

Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.

Look at all these endless arguments you make against one simple truth of the Bible: God the Father will judge each of us according to our work, without respect of persons in the world. And yet, all your words are about how special little you will not be judged the same as others who do the same thing.

Who's on their whited high horse? You.

I thoroughly despise this old Jewish and current Christian hypocrisy of justifying ourselves by our own faith alone, while doing the same as others of the world. You can wrap yourself in all the whited theological clothing you wish, but when you go to the grave, all such doctrinal white wash will be stripped away naked, and all God will see and judge is our works at the end.

Last edited:

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Weakness is in temptation. Not in sinning with it. That's flat on your face serving the devil.
No idea what you are talking about. Temptation is like birds flying over your head. Just don't let them nest in your hair.

Your gospel of the blood of the Lamb being no better than door post covering blood of sheep, is not the gospel of Jesus Christ.
You twist words dishonestly. Yet again, as is now expected.
Work on that mr perfect
The blood of the Lamb washes away sinning, not hides it from His Father. God doesn't see any sinning where His Son's blood has washed away them repented of sinning. There's no sinning to see.
Washes away sin. Your idea that we don't need correction after coming to Jesus is simply wrong. Jesus has some advice for you 'Forgive us our trespasses' This means you.

Believing He has come in the flesh is as good as the devils that confessed He was on earth.
No. Being a son, though not yet perfect is better than being the devil's children. The Prodigal son was better than Beelzebub for example.

Believing alone is no cover for continued sinning.
Nor is believing with works as well anything that makes us unable to trespass. Your pretense was busted a long time ago, where you been?

If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.
They being the unsaved religious hypocrites He was talking about.
True. He freely gives repentance from sinning. Continued sinners want some other kind of free gift of another gospel.
If He gives, as you say here, repentance from sinning, then why does He say you need forgiveness for sinning?

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What I are is a repented Christian saint in Christ Jesus.

What I are not, is you.
What you are is barely literate in English I guess.

You don't even believe there is Christian saints.
Yes there are and they trespass and are corrected by God.

I know of being Christian sinners such as yourself. I repented of being one like you.
Are you suggesting that He does not chasten you???

Hebrews 12:5
And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

Hebrews 12:6
For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

Hebrews 12:7
If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

Hebrews 12:8
But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

Get it?

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
I already repented teh one and only time on ehas to- that was to get saved! Now I do not repent of sin,
So, in your gospel repenting is not repenting of sinning. It must be the repenting of unbelief alone by faith alone.

but follow Gods command of 1 JOhn 1:9 and acknowledge my sin to my Father.
And here we go. Your gospel commands you to have sin.

Thanks.

1 John 1: 12 is where we ought confess sinning, if we sin.

1 John 1:9 is where sinners say they have no sin, while sinning. Which by your gospel would be disobedience not to have sin.

We now have the gospel commandment to repent not of sinning, and to have sin at all times. Beautiful.

1 John 1:9 is also fulfilled by the gospel of sinning without condemnation. And so they can say they have no sin to be condemned for, while sinning.

I'm thinking somehow you preach both at the same time.

god views us a s sinless, He no longer sees our sin, but only the blood of Jesus.
Yep. You have no sin to be condemned, while sinning. And yet you must always have sin by commandment.

And so, you must have sin to keep your Christ's commandment, but not have sin for him to condemn?

So, do you sin while your Christ is not looking? Or does he turn away and not look when you have sin?

Isn't that like Baal who sleeps, or other idols that have eyes but see not?

Yes, it is.

Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

The gospel of the blind Christ. Who is blinder than men who do see you sinning.

He forgives and cleanses despite your sinless perfection fallacy.

Your Christ forgives and cleansing despite any fallacy. He can't even see them.

That pertains to our fellowship with god. There is a total difference between relationship and fellowship.
Oh great. Now you've managed to separate the fellowship of the Son from the relationship of the Father.

No temptation nor devil ever separated the Son from the Father, but now you've managed it.

Let's review:

You're commanded to have sin, and yet you have no sin to condemn, and yet you must say you have sin.

Your Christ is blind to sinning.

Your Christ separates himself from the Father, in order to have fellowship with you in darkness, while having sin, that is not having sin to be condemned.

C'mon, do you really believe this stuff. I mean, as the movie said, does this track at all? Have you really so convinced yourself that whatever you think and say must be true, so that you actually think this stuff makes any sense at all?

Just think about it: The Lord Jesus says not to call Him lord, while sinning, and yet your Christ commands you to have sin to be your lord.

Do you not know the god you are preaching here? What god commands his people to always have sin and to say so? What god tells his people, that while they are sinning, he is blind to it? What god tells his people, that he is willing to have sin with them in darkness, and forsake relationship with God the Father?

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.